Helix Reloaded

Exclusive Reward for Riot Season 0

So, in the last post that @MattScott made, he discussed Riot and mentioned that the three Riot season 0 weapon skins (Yakuza, Dragon and Koi) would eventually be added to the ARMAS store for purchase.

This stirred a lot of things. Many people thought "Why should I waste my time farming this right now if I can just buy it later for no effort?" And this led to another drop of interest in Riot.

I myself was under the assumption that the skins we earned in season 0 were "exclusive" to those of use that tested the game-mode before the actual seasons started, which is why I spent time farming it. So that's why hearing they'd be sold on ARMAS was a bit of a kick in the balls.

Now for my proposition; I say that those who farmed the skins should get the high resolution art versions (1, 2, 3) as decals in-game. 

Or even the separate elements that make up each picture as symbol packs, if the artist still has those saved.

Example; A pack that contains the Koi, Lotus Flower and Water Splash as seperate symbols from the Koi art. A pack that contains the Dragon, Flames and Paint Splashes from the Dragon art. And a pack that contains the Oni Mask, Cloud Pattern and Flowers from the Yakuza art.

TLDR: lord and savior matt scott, pls give us the skin art as symbols as exclusive rewards for grinding the fuck out of riot in season 0.

Thanks

P.S; Can we know who made the art for the skins? It's actually fantastic and I'd like to thank whoever created the art and skins.

Imagine playing riot LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

• Thanks 1

Was always said that past rewards could be earned at a later time (bunch of seasons in) when starting Riot as a new player.

Nowhere ever was exclusivity mentioned.

This is still a f2p game. Money needs to come from somewhere and having the option between buy/grind is usually the best overall.

Hello

I have moved this topic to the Game Suggestions section.

- Mina_

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

having the option between buy/grind is usually the best overall.

yes, it's usually a good route to go for an f2p game.

But APB has a different case. There's not enough players in the game to sustain that kind of thing. There's already barely anyone playing RIOT, so if every reward will be in the store, there's 0 incentive to play. Why even keep the gamemode at all in that case, just release everything on the ARMAS store.

You could argue that everyone that doesn't want to (or can't) buy the items can just play to earn them, but with the current playercount that's not even an option. 

On 7/13/2019 at 10:45 AM, Hexerin said:

Exclusivity is a cancer.

whew, the first post by hexerin i'd wholeheartedly agree to.

in before someone else "ughh i hate the 'everyone wins' mentality and non-competitiveness in modern gaming, back then we used to..."

15 hours ago, Helix Reloaded said:

yes, it's usually a good route to go for an f2p game.

But APB has a different case. There's not enough players in the game to sustain that kind of thing. There's already barely anyone playing RIOT, so if every reward will be in the store, there's 0 incentive to play. Why even keep the gamemode at all in that case, just release everything on the ARMAS store.

You could argue that everyone that doesn't want to (or can't) buy the items can just play to earn them, but with the current playercount that's not even an option. 

but that approach is completely wrong, since the aim isn't to give out new skins but to make people play the new gamemode. (/to start playing the new gamemode and getting hooked, ideally)

and because of that they should fix the gamemode/playercount part then rather than just release the stuff on armas only

easier said than done + idk it doesnt feel like people want more riot development at this time... so well... hm.