Sign in to follow this  
Hoochie

Dear Matt Scott

Please put battleye on hold and do something about the servers. Cheaters or not the game will be unplayable regardless if the servers on Jericho continue to be this shitty

thx

• Like 1

Why not both? They can put implement BattlEye and improve the servers.

Edited by Spherii
  • Like 1

They seem to be hard at work on Battleye at the moment, I'm just curious if they actually have staff looking into the server issues at the same time

9 minutes ago, Hoochie said:

They seem to be hard at work on Battleye at the moment, I'm just curious if they actually have staff looking into the server issues at the same time

I almost would guarantee you that the people looking at BE integration, mostly consist of experts from BE and likely a single liaison from LO, providing oversight and giving them access to the part of the code-tree they need, in order to configure and implement BE and it's features within APBs current UE.

also, for questions @LO, they've made a thread to avoid tons of threads piling up, all with single-posed questions.
it's here

Edited by Tigrix

I wouldn't be surprised if the servers were actually physically FUBAR by this point.

Let's hope we get new and better servers soon.

Just wait a bit. I bet they are very busy with everything.

• Like 1

I am not sure but I soemtimes think cheaters have a much higher imapct on ruining a servers performance. esepcially when they may speedhack.

Edited by LilyV3

2 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

I am nto sure but I soemtimes think cheaters have a much higher imapct on ruining a servers performance. esepcially when they may speedhack.

That's not how that works when you speedhack all you're doing is creating more movements per server frame and they're all being processed at once in the next server frame, it wouldn't add any extra stress and even if it did the amount would be minuscule at best. Cheaters do not add more stress to the servers than legitimate players, we all network the same info.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Similarities said:

That's not how that works when you speedhack all you're doing is creating more movements per server frame and they're all being processed at once in the next server frame, it wouldn't add any extra stress and even if it did the amount would be minuscule at best. Cheaters do not add more stress to the servers than legitimate players, we all network the same info.

I am quite sure cheaters cause more traffic, I doubt our local games know the locations of ALL cars and all other characters at any time, so someone moving faster causes more information being trasnferred because he comes across more poeple and objects at the same time a regular person does.  Thats also the reason why car meetings screwed up the server performance, because suddnely more people at the same time in the same spot causing more updates at the same time. so the amount of items to be updated does matter and running across more items in the same time means updating more. How serve this more traffic is towards screwing up the server, thats somethign I am not sure about.

Edited by LilyV3

Hold on with anti cheat protection, while the fact, that reducing the number of people causing lags with their cheats and edited configs and all that trash with an proper anti cheat protection will actually let the servers breath again and giving them a smoother heartbeat, ye plz dont post such weird suggestions.

U taking the new stuffs busy with nonsense:classic_blink:

Wow, getting a tumps down for not agreeing with Op's post? :classic_huh:

Edited by SandyBitch

Haven't they already mentioned that most Serverside issues are related to DDoS Attacks which have been happening on a regular base lately ? I do think it was mentioned somewhere that they're on it and that there's already a Plan to move to a new sort of mitigation Strategy.

31 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

I am quite sure cheaters cause more traffic, I doubt our local games know the locations of ALL cars and all other characters at any time, so someone moving faster causes more information being trasnferred because he comes across more poeple and objects at the same time a regular person does.  Thats also the reason why car meetings screwed up the server performance, because suddnely more people at the same time in the same spot causing more updates at the same time. so the amount of items to be updated does matter and running across more items in the same time means updating more. How serve this more traffic is towards screwing up the server, thats somethign I am not sure about.

From what i've seen memorywise, location informations of Cars, Players etc. are only shared within a radius of roughly 100m+/-. So while this could cause more traffic for the server, it shouldn't have a huge impact on your Clients connection.

new anticheat and roadmap must be this week..i think they made misstake with battleye dou..easyanticheat is better from what ive seen

7 minutes ago, BingoBookBG said:

new anticheat and roadmap must be this week..

Maybe, maybe not.

No one knows.

Bro's relax. Matt is currently looking to upgrade the hamsters. Shit takes time, you now?

1 minute ago, Bornstellar said:

Can't cheat if you can't play the game due to lag

HHpgvKl.gif

This actually made me shoot coffee out through my nose this morning you silly person.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this