CrystalStarfire

Riot / fightclub que

this would be really usefull if the disrict or fightclub is empty,

When you login, or any time later if you want a district, fightclub or expecially riot and its empty, you can set to join que, and when people start entering or enough people have flagged it you would get a message saying something like - we have enough people requesting a riot match to start one, would you still like to join? and if enough say yes then it automatically teleports you to the district.

for the fight clubs it would be like set for whatever the minimum number of players are for each side, maybe with a few others.  - so often i know people wanting to join fightclub but seeing it dead dont, causing it to never be active for days.

these would let a person still commit to visit social or wander the districts doing whatever till the district they want to persue contect in is inactive, and allow for them to quickly open when their are interested people around instead of just never being active

would be a nice QoL thing

doesnt help if there's no populated districts like on jericho tho

10 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

would be a nice QoL thing

doesnt help if there's no populated districts like on jericho tho

knowing that their is a way to help get into rarer content quicker might get people to stick around more unstill logging in, seeing that what they want isnt active and signing right back out. and on the limited population of jerico it would help even more for something like riot where people have all but given up on seeing it open. even jerico's limited population has more than enough to flag into riot or fight clubs

qiMRJiT.png

This would be great it reminds me of the WoW PvP queue system. Not that we need something so elaborate with little horns going when a pvp match is ready (we do) but a queue system that allows us to do other stuff would be really, really, really nice especially for RIOT since I'm not sure about others but I cannot see the RIOT servers so the only way to find if a match is brewing is to join the empty carless district and press M and sit there and watch the population counters go up and down. 

Don't get me wrong reducing it to 8 players is great but for Jericho that 8 is still going to encounter an amount of waiting which some people ain't go no time for, if we have a queue system it would surely get more people involved since it is a more passive way of joining that doesn't involve that empty district sad times.

And really for the third act this should be in the works - RIOT is our programmer's proving grounds yeah? Where they can learn the code and see what crazy stuff they can do to APB and learn in the process while still making something available to players? What a better flexing of that coding muscle than putting some awesome QoL changes into the mode which can then be ported over to FC or even Mission Districts? (Queuing for WF while in Fin, because we all know players are more likely to join where other players are playing, even if it is against their progression interests rather than sit and wait on the chance they'll trigger a domino effect and get a healthy WF district going.)

4 hours ago, CrystalStarfire said:

this would be really usefull if the disrict or fightclub is empty,

When you login, or any time later if you want a district, fightclub or expecially riot and its empty, you can set to join que, and when people start entering or enough people have flagged it you would get a message saying something like - we have enough people requesting a riot match to start one, would you still like to join? and if enough say yes then it automatically teleports you to the district.

for the fight clubs it would be like set for whatever the minimum number of players are for each side, maybe with a few others.  - so often i know people wanting to join fightclub but seeing it dead dont, causing it to never be active for days.

these would let a person still commit to visit social or wander the districts doing whatever till the district they want to persue contect in is inactive, and allow for them to quickly open when their are interested people around instead of just never being active

This is something we are looking at, but it requires Phasing in the Engine Upgrade.

On a side note we did discover a fairly big bug that only occurs in low pop situations in RIOT that basically abandons players who are waiting for a match. The team is working on a fix now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just another one of those things that have been asked so many times, and for so long, we don't even have a use for it anymore. (very cool 600 average pop)

I stand in line all day.

I get up early, I go to work, I stand at attention, salute when I have to.

I don't want to que up, or stand in line at the last free place I have left.

16 hours ago, Pinpuce said:

Just another one of those things that have been asked so many times, and for so long, we don't even have a use for it anymore. (very cool 600 average pop)

guess i shoulda gone back more than just a few page  but honestly hadnt thought so since this idea is worthless when theirs a high population of players because such contect would be more likely to start without help in higher population numbers

2 hours ago, CrystalStarfire said:

guess i shoulda gone back more than just a few page  but honestly hadnt thought so since this idea is worthless when theirs a high population of players because such contect would be more likely to start without help in higher population numbers

I can't even begin to understand what you meant to say.

14 minutes ago, Pinpuce said:

this is a solution to a low playerbase situation. in a high playerbase situation its use is anywhere from merely degraded to absolutely worthless.

17 minutes ago, Pinpuce said:

blah, cant edit what i had posted. basicly the more people are playing the more likly any of the supported contect would activate spontanously. its only with a low playerbase you need some kind of flag to help it activate

this is a solution to a low playerbase situation. in a high playerbase situation its use is anywhere from merely degraded to absolutely worthless.

blah, cant edit what i had posted. basicly the more people are playing the more likly any of the supported contect would activate spontanously. its only with a low playerbase you need some kind of flag to help it activate

Still struggling to read through the quality hard-learned englando, but if you're saying "not having a queue system is only a problem with low pop" then you're wrong.

Wether we have 2000 or 400 players is irrelevant, in APB the more people there are the more full districts there will be, simple as that.

18 minutes ago, Pinpuce said:

Still struggling to read through the quality hard-learned englando, but if you're saying "not having a queue system is only a problem with low pop" then you're wrong.

Wether we have 2000 or 400 players is irrelevant, in APB the more people there are the more full districts there will be, simple as that.

would you prefer english, german, french, or swedish. sorry i dispise spanish but if its a must ill try to teach myself the basics of portugese or italian?

more players is always better yes. What im saying is this is something that sees more use in a low population enviroment that allows players to better access content than they would otherwise. in a high playbase this is content that would be consistantly open more often on its own without the need for this system.  On a busy server fightclub would almost always be active. on jerico its open 2-3 times a week

would you prefer english, german, french, or swedish. sorry i dispise spanish but if its a must ill try to teach myself the basics of portugese or italian?

more players is always better yes. What im saying is this is something that sees more use in a low population enviroment that allows players to better access content than they would otherwise. in a high playbase this is content that would be consistantly open more often on its own without the need for this system.  On a busy server fightclub would almost always be active. on jerico its open 2-3 times a week

ZzR0hcN.gif

Have a nice day!

47 minutes ago, Pinpuce said:

ZzR0hcN.gif

Have a nice day!

>^.^< im sorry, i dont support the evil empire. give me tor and duckduckgo.

guten tag

• Like 2

On 7/12/2019 at 3:10 PM, Eisena said:

I stand in line all day.

I get up early, I go to work, I stand at attention, salute when I have to.

.. what?

queue system means you'll be able to join a queue to enter FC or RIOT when there's enough people and you can go do other things while you wait, like missions or social.

7 hours ago, Helix Reloaded said:

.. what?

queue system means you'll be able to join a queue to enter FC or RIOT when there's enough people and you can go do other things while you wait, like missions or social.

I don't want to do other things while waiting.. It makes no sense.

7 minutes ago, Eisena said:

Ripley's believe it or not, you don't have to do other things while waiting. You can go AFK until your game is ready if you desire, but some people actually do...you know...not want to wait in a dead district for a match that may never start?

18 hours ago, Helix Reloaded said:

10 hours ago, Eisena said:

ok

On 7/14/2019 at 11:19 AM, Similarities said:

Ripley's believe it or not, you don't have to do other things while waiting. You can go AFK until your game is ready if you desire, but some people actually do...you know...not want to wait in a dead district for a match that may never start?

It's like the perfect analogy for life.