Sign in to follow this  

Why is Car Theif so Difficult to achieve? 2 Hour Grind and only made a 100 - 200 Dent today.

Car Thief is my last achievement needed but Im really not feeling the several several many hours needed to get it like... Its highly unreasonable amount of cars to depot, taking into consideration the cooldown per vehicle area with a two - three minute drive per place... its going to take another three - five hours of turning in vehicles to only deliver 500 amounting to a mass total of 6 - 10 hours of turning in cars to get an achievement. 

IDK, this shit is hella annoying 😕

Edited by Guest

some achievements are hard to get, welcome to game design 101

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Car Thief is my last achievement needed but Im really not feeling the several several many hours needed to get it like... Its highly unreasonable amount of cars to depot, taking into consideration the cooldown per vehicle area with a two - three minute drive per place...

it's simple . a0daNAqdkg.jpg

2 HOUR GRIND AND ONLY MADE A 100 - 200 DENT TODAY

Edited by olo

100-200 is actually pretty good since you only need 1000. Smashing out 10-20% of an achievement is good progress.

I'm not sure where you're driving to and from but you can get a good circuit going to increase efficiency, but I do agree the cool down on the chopshops/impounds is totally bunk. 

But at least you get an achievement - no recognition for Enfos returning stolen vehicles. (unless you're into Choi) 

Nothing about 'open would crimes' or whatever it's called is utilized the way it was originally intended to be, so an achievement relating to it being way too tedious to get isn't surprising.

7 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

no recognition for Enfos returning stolen vehicles.

do you think someone is interesting and want ? everything will remain as it is . LO not capable of development .

Edited by olo

100-200 is actually crazy good. I got achiev many years ago with 25-30 cars per hour at most. Was pretty relaxing, tho.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Car Thief is my last achievement needed but Im really not feeling the several several many hours needed to get it like... Its highly unreasonable amount of cars to depot, taking into consideration the cooldown per vehicle area with a two - three minute drive per place...

omg its not even that hard get your lazy butt up yank people out and thats that lol

Paradoxically, returning cars is the most fast profit enfs can get without chasing around for crims.

Just go to any full district and you run in one or two cars on every street.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 5:31 AM, olo said:

it's simple . a0daNAqdkg.jpg

2 HOUR GRIND AND ONLY MADE A 100 - 200 DENT TODAY

You reply makes no sense.

On 7/11/2019 at 7:47 PM, Mitne said:

Paradoxically, returning cars is the most fast profit enfs can get without chasing around for crims.

Crims have to steal the car first for you to turn it in so your idea doesnt work. I only made 70k in 4 hours as crim

On 7/11/2019 at 10:35 AM, Fortune Runner said:

omg its not even that hard get your lazy butt up yank people out and thats that lol

Its not hard, no, its not at all. In theory all you do is press F and W. 

The fact I need to do the same fucking thing over and over for eight-ten plus hours is completely fucking stupid.

On 7/11/2019 at 5:44 AM, Acornie said:

Nothing about 'open would crimes' or whatever it's called is utilized the way it was originally intended to be, so an achievement relating to it being way too tedious to get isn't surprising.

10 hours of turning in cars.  No.

On 7/11/2019 at 5:40 AM, KnifuWaifu said:

100-200 is actually pretty good since you only need 1000. Smashing out 10-20% of an achievement is good progress.

I'm not sure where you're driving to and from but you can get a good circuit going to increase efficiency, but I do agree the cool down on the chopshops/impounds is totally bunk. 

But at least you get an achievement - no recognition for Enfos returning stolen vehicles. (unless you're into Choi) 

yeah but 10 hours of turning in cars????? LMAO.

Merged.

On 7/11/2019 at 5:40 AM, KnifuWaifu said:

yzqjDGK.png

Im running Fragile and epi pens for speed between cars.  xd

1 hour ago, a Pair of Socks said:

You reply makes no sense.

achieving the goal is very simple . if you're rude to me, you'll regret it .

Edited by olo

4 minutes ago, olo said:

achieving the goal is very simple . if you're rude to me, you'll regret it .

yeah but literally all you posted was " it simple " and then a picture of the title of the achievement. You added nothing new to the topic at all and just restated what my topic was about so I was confused to as if maybe you were a foreigner that didnt know how to English or something.  lol

And again, as I already stated in a message above the last reply of mine, the goal is very simple, you press two keys and you get it, but its stupid as fuck to have to do it for 1 hour to only be able to drop off 60 ish vehicles.

Edited by Guest

19 hours ago, Mitne said:

here they talk about achievement for criminals . cops suck .

1 minute ago, a Pair of Socks said:

yeah but literally all you posted was " it simple " and then a picture of the title of the achievement. You added nothing new to the topic at all and just restated what my topic was about so I was confused to as if maybe you were a foreigner that didnt know how to English or something.  lol

your goal is to throw 1,000 cars . for what period of time do you place your bets ?

2 minutes ago, olo said:

here they talk about achievement for criminals . cops suck .

your goal is to throw 1,000 cars . for what period of time do you place your bets ?

So if you wanted to be all fancy, its going to take another three - five hours of turning in vehicles to only deliver 500 amounting to a mass total of 6 - 10 hours of turning in cars to get an achievement.

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

So if you wanted to be all fancy, its going to take another three - five hours of turning in vehicles to only deliver 500 amounting to a mass total of 6 - 10 hours of turning in cars to get an achievement.

the APB project is very large in terms of time spent . at the moment I see the comment of the player who wants it ALL! in ONE MOMENT ! temper your fervor !

Edited by olo

1 minute ago, olo said:

money considered in this case is inappropriate . the APB project is very large in terms of time spent . at the moment I see the comment of the player who wants it ALL! and ONE MOMENT ! temper your fervor !

Im guessing youre just a troll but thanks for the reply.  Have a good rest of your day 😛

6 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Полагаю, ты просто тролль, но спасибо за ответ. Хорошего вам отдыха😛

The pleasure is mine. I think we can stop thinking about each other .

ALL! in ONE MOMENT ! 

suck.  everything works as it should . I would increase the achievement of up to 10,000 machines .

Edited by olo

It was most likely set to 1000 because it was intended to be completed over several years on the side, not all at once. Perhaps in the future, turning in vehicles will be made worth it, so a natural progression develops. 

it's not difficult, it's tedious - huge difference in achievement terms

It's most likely just supposed to be something achieved over a long period of time and not one that you're supposed to do a mad dash towards.  Also gotta remember that originally chop shopping cars was more relevant than it is now since the game used to depend on open world stuff to trigger missions n' stuff.  So it's most likely just a leftover from the original system.

1 hour ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Im guessing youre just a troll but thanks for the reply.  Have a good rest of your day 😛

Oh and that's Yood by the way.  So watch out if you're rude to him you'll regret it

Probably just gonna tk you in game like he does to me.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

Boring? Perhaps. Repetitive? Certainly. There's a reason it's called grinding.

If you want Car Thief, you just do it and hang the time it takes.

Both my crims have it, by the way....glutton for punishment?

Likely.

Good luck!

ps I found waterfront to be the best for it, between Baylan Shipping and the place near Green Planet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Its not hard, no, its not at all. In theory all you do is press F and W. 

The fact I need to do the same fucking thing over and over for eight-ten plus hours is completely fucking stupid.

I wouldn't dumb it down that much like some may imply.

don't forget about the time delay for turning in cars.

Crims have to steal the car first for you to turn it in so your idea doesnt work. I only made 70k in 4 hours as crim

If you were only stealing cars to make money then making money is a little harder.

When notoriety goes up mugging and getting 50 pickpocket items is faster for money.

of course you said you want the achievement so my information is just to inform others who may be reading.

also....

4 hours ago, olo said:

the APB project is very large in terms of time spent . at the moment I see the comment of the player who wants it ALL! in ONE MOMENT ! temper your fervor !

HUH????

lost in translation

yzqjDGK.png

Im running Fragile and epi pens for speed between cars.  xd

Ah i see the problem, First the best route. 

*waterfront*

2nd, you've already made one of "these" threads, guess your doing 1 each year till you complete it : ) 

Tips: (the long haul) do that route and keep apb in a "small window" while you watch tv on the side ( i did this cheevo recently back in may)

about 60 cars an hour. (don't need to iron man it) even 30 cars every now and then Hell take some time out of a weekend (15 mins). Or not it's only a achievement that has a bugged *title. 

repeat route Waiting in the drop zone till the cooldown is over, *han 0 slot is faster*

did it in 3 days, (which reminds me i need more shows to watch.)

also side note, wtf? olo = y00d? was wondering why he's ... ok i'm not gonna list them again you know what yood does by now, already been warned once he doesn't like it when i call him out.

didn't the old forums show "name change history" these don't ?.

Edited by Zolerox
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Nah it wasn't advice directly related to car thief, just mental note I kinda had in my head and wanted to share.

So a bit off-topic on my side. Sorry.

1 hour ago, Zolerox said:

Ah i see the problem, First the best route.

I havent timed my route that I posted yet but its only 340M away and you dont have to spawn your player car.  You just walk out from dropping one car and and grab a new one, some are super quick some arent.  I guess Ill record it to see the times side by side.

I do really appreciate the help and advice though! Thank you!

Edited by Guest

Sign in to follow this