Riot Polls  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Like RIOT?

2. 2. Do you think that LO should continue to develop RIOT?

4 hours ago, Gothina said:

I want a new map with 2 new contacts.

Just curious, why only 2?

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Just curious, why only 2?

You got to start somewhere. One Crim and one Enforcer. Rank from 255 to 270.

• Like 1

Just thought of something else I'd like to see happen to Fight Club.  Contact progression.  That way you pretty much level up your FC contact by just playing.  They should have more levels than standard contacts, but they don't count towards the player's main rank.  They are there simply to unlock unique FC themed rewards for just playing fight club.  This would mean that they need to add two contacts to Baylan too, which could just be two characters that are briefly mentioned in the lore but were never shown.  Or some random contacts similar to Tiptoe's brood who don't really have any relevance but look the part.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Just thought of something else I'd like to see happen to Fight Club.  Contact progression.  That way you pretty much level up your FC contact by just playing.  They should have more levels than standard contacts, but they don't count towards the player's main rank.  They are there simply to unlock unique FC themed rewards for just playing fight club.  This would mean that they need to add two contacts to Baylan too, which could just be two characters that are briefly mentioned in the lore but were never shown.  Or some random contacts similar to Tiptoe's brood who don't really have any relevance but look the part.

I like this idea

Since the poll hasn't had any new participants for a few days, I've decided to re-run the analysis I ran before, and here are the new numbers:

22.86% of voters like RIOT and think that LO should continue its development. 

7.14%   of voters like RIOT, and think that LO development should stop. 

12.86% of voters dislike RIOT, and think that LO should continue its development. 

57.14% of voters dislike RIOT, and think that LO should not continue its development

1 hour ago, StunStick said:

Since the poll hasn't had any new participants for a few days, I've decided to re-run the analysis I ran before, and here are the new numbers:

22.86% of voters like RIOT and think that LO should continue its development. 

7.14%   of voters like RIOT, and think that LO development should stop. 

12.86% of voters dislike RIOT, and think that LO should continue its development. 

57.14% of voters dislike RIOT, and think that LO should not continue its development

You forgot the most important stat.

<10% of the community voted

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

shouldn't that percentage number be lower? I mean it looks like only 75 out of 1000 voted. or did i miss something? Not trolling just asking stuff.

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I can't really force people to vote. Notice how I'm very careful to say "Of Voters" for every statistic? 

If you want a more accurate statistic please feel free to have your friends vote.

Edited by StunStick
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, StunStick said:

I can't really force people to vote. Notice how I'm very careful to say "Of Voters" for every statistic? 

If you want a more accurate statistic please feel free to have your friends vote.

Just wanted to remind folks that polls are useless.

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

shouldn't that percentage number be lower? I mean it looks like only 75 out of 1000 voted. or did i miss something? Not trolling just asking stuff.

probably, I dunno... math is hard

Advanced issues found

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Just wanted to remind folks that polls are useless.

I disagree.

Knowledge is very important. If LO had an official poll, where everyone who plays the game was required to answer, it would be much easier to understand the player base's opinion on things. 

Just assume for a second (As you mentioned, it's not a very good representation of the entire player base, but just pretend for now) that my poll is exactly spot-on to the actual desires of the player base. Wouldn't it help LO understand that the player base doesn't want RIOT? They could spend their time and money more efficiently. 65% of the player base would be happier without it.

Imagine that they conducted a poll before RIOT was even developed.

Imagine that they conducted a poll before EVERY development decision.

I personally think that the game would be a lot better for the players if they just asked us what we want instead of just assuming.

Edited by StunStick

3 minutes ago, StunStick said:

If LO had an official poll, where everyone who plays the game was required to answer, it would be much easier to understand the player base's opinion on things.

I certainly agree on this.

Would be cool if upon logging in you had to take the poll to enter a district.

... I wonder if that's possible?

Then again, I'm not sure players know better than Devs. I recently read an interesting article on that issue...

https://www.vg247.com/2019/07/12/game-developers-time-stop-listening-fans/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I certainly agree on this.

Would be cool if upon logging in you had to take the poll to enter a district.

... I wonder if that's possible?

Then again, I'm not sure players know better than Devs. I recently read an interesting article on that issue...

https://www.vg247.com/2019/07/12/game-developers-time-stop-listening-fans/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I agree I think we should have polls upon login.

I think that polls are a good place to start for decision making for Devs. But If say, 90% of the player base is against something, maybe it's not such a good idea. (Just an example. Not saying this is the case here.)

2 minutes ago, StunStick said:

I think that polls are a good place to start for decision making for Devs. But If say, 90% of the player base is against something, maybe it's not such a good idea. (Just an example. Not saying this is the case here.)

ahh yeah, good point

On 7/10/2019 at 12:57 PM, Fortune Runner said:

What would you want done to fight club?

That you are able to upgrade contacts there after maxing one character and 195r requirement, some juicy prizes and keeping cheaters banned. Fc could be the cleanest and more enjoyable modes for old players retirement. Like when you get old and just want to sit back and see the fruits of your spent time.

Merged.

Speaking of riot it needs apb ways. Dynamic events like in asylum, they could be a bit spiced yes, but playing in the whole map. More use of cars would make it more interesting than fc.

Simple and fun.

Ed. There could be special random events with prizes for the winners, after x amount of games are done.

Make riot logo design fit apb theme, it looks awful.

Edited by BlueB

I disagree.

i disagree with your disagree about the polls.

not many APB players use the forums so those polls are inaccurate at times and flat out wrong other times.

2 hours ago, BlueB said:

keeping cheaters banned

certain cheaters reformed and changed their ways.

if a person comes from the darkness into the light i will not condemn

if they stay in the darkness then that is on them.

i like that idea. have it from the launcher instead of the forums since not many use the forums

Hi all,

I was asked specifically to weigh in on this poll.

First, I am very much aware of the overwhelming negative opinion of RIOT on the forums. However, I also feel like those players that gave specific feedback on changes would complain if we dropped the mode and did nothing. So there is a bit of a catch 22 for us.

Second, we have completely changed our strategy with respect to this game mode. We may still continue making small tweaks, but there are no ongoing plans to do any significant amount of development on RIOT itself until we get better feedback from the console launch. Instead we are incorporating some of the underlying systems into future plans that will go towards improving the main game.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, MattScott said:

~snip~

Well that's interesting, and probably good, at least.

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I was asked specifically to weigh in on this poll.

First, I am very much aware of the overwhelming negative opinion of RIOT on the forums. However, I also feel like those players that gave specific feedback on changes would complain if we dropped the mode and did nothing. So there is a bit of a catch 22 for us.

Second, we have completely changed our strategy with respect to this game mode. We may still continue making small tweaks, but there are no ongoing plans to do any significant amount of development on RIOT itself until we get better feedback from the console launch. Instead we are incorporating some of the underlying systems into future plans that will go towards improving the main game.

Thanks,
Matt

i guess i understand the logic behind this, any changes to the game are difficult at best without the engine upgrade in place

but isn’t essentially giving up (at least temporarily) on a mode that statistically is more popular than fight club kind of counterproductive?

plus the negative effects of leaving yet another unfinished/broken mode in the game (at least temporarily)

I like RIOT; it could be something good for the game. Where it stands right now, though, it is not. I don't think it should be any one of their priorities for the moment, but it should definitely get minor improvements as time goes on... and once the engine upgrade is released and mission districts are improved, they should start considering focusing on RIOT

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

but isn’t essentially giving up (at least temporarily) on a mode that statistically is more popular than fight club kind of counterproductive?

Isn't it only statistically more popular by counting unique players? I don't know that I've ever seen more players in RIOT than in FC when I looked at the pop on will.io/apb. That simply means people logged on to try playing it, not that they liked it.

3 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Isn't it only statistically more popular by counting unique players? I don't know that I've ever seen more players in RIOT than in FC when I looked at the pop on will.io/apb. That simply means people logged on to try playing it, not that they liked it.

well yeah ive stated my disagreement with the statistic but orbit has paraded it out multiple times now and yet they are abandoning (at least temporarily) this "more popular" mode, it just seems like a slightly inconsistent thought process 

16 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

well yeah ive stated my disagreement with the statistic but orbit has paraded it out multiple times now and yet they are abandoning (at least temporarily) this "more popular" mode, it just seems like a slightly inconsistent thought process 

Likely because they know it's a worthless statistic.

4 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Likely because they know it's a worthless statistic.

yes i was trying to highlight that without saying "the fuck is this bullshoot?" because i don't think i can afford another forum warning

Edited by Glaciers
typo

2 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

yes i was trying to highlight that without saying "the fuck is this bullshoot?" because i don't think i can afford another forum warning

I gotchu fam.

Hey LO, the fuck is this bullshoot?