Riot Polls  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Like RIOT?

2. 2. Do you think that LO should continue to develop RIOT?

Hello everyone. 

Since LO is continuing to update RIOT, I figured it might be insightful to understand everyone's opinion on RIOT as a whole now that, as a game mode, it's settled down quite a bit.

I won't be posting my opinion, as that may influence future responses to the poll.

Thank you for your time if you comment or respond to the poll.

Edit: Some interesting Statistics, If interested (Updated: 7/15/2019):

Advanced issues found

22.86% of voters like RIOT and think that LO should continue its development. 

7.14%   of voters like RIOT, and think that LO development should stop. 

12.86% of voters dislike RIOT, and think that LO should continue its development. 

57.14% of voters dislike RIOT, and think that LO should not continue its development

Edited by StunStick
Updated Statistics

They already delivered the game mode and the concept, to throw it away would be a huge waste of time

• Like 5

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Algoz said:

They already delivered the game mode and the concept, to throw it away would be a huge waste of time

They more or less said they used it to try out certain things and so on.

RIOT in itself isn't a bad concept, but it's absolutely nothing that would ever work in APB.

• Like 1

i get the feeling that LO made riot without full getting APB. Now that they have had the game for over a year, RIOT is made and now it is being referred to as a learning tool. That's fine but it still doesn't mean we will play RIOT even when they are totally 100% happy with it.

Riot is not suited to the APB community and a new community will not be grow around Riot. Its pretty much that simple.

Edited by Seedy

Just now, Seedy said:

i get the feeling that LO made riot without full getting APB. Now that they have had the game for over a year, RIOT is made and now it is being referred to as a learning tool. That's fine but it still doesn't mean we will play RIOT even when they are totally 100% happy with it.

Riot is not suited to the APB community. A new community will not be built around Riot. Its pretty much that simple.

I do think that creating RIOT was mostly their "learning path" to figure out how apb works and what it actually is.

Though then again they're planning seasons and all that for it sooo... who knows what they're up to.

I'd rather have them add actual new content to the game like contacts with various unlocks (R255+) or map changes.

1 minute ago, GhosT said:

I do think that creating RIOT was mostly their "learning path" to figure out how apb works and what it actually is.

Though then again they're planning seasons and all that for it sooo... who knows what they're up to.

I'd rather have them add actual new content to the game like contacts with various unlocks (R255+) or map changes.

yea i agree man. I was messing round in waterfront earlier today and going to the edge of the map where you can see in to other areas and saying to my self AGAIN, "why dont they just open this area up and add a new contact or something in there?" like in the section where the shipping containers are and the other big ship.. The area looks completed but I dont know as obviously I have never been there.

i don’t like riot

i think riot should continue to be developed, but not as riot

the br genre as a whole has very shallow gameplay, there’s a million reasons it doesn’t line up well with apb (which have been covered in a million threads so i’m not rehashing them), and riot implementation itself is sloppy at best

we’ve been told riot was just a practice test for the devs (ignoring that this only came to light recently) - if that is the case why continue to work solely on riot? give us other game modes/other mechanics/etc as more practice for the devs, use riot as a starting point to give the community things it’s wanted for years like functioning anarchy districts or turf wars

21 minutes ago, Seedy said:

yea i agree man. I was messing round in waterfront earlier today and going to the edge of the map where you can see in to other areas and saying to my self AGAIN, "why dont they just open this area up and add a new contact or something in there?" like in the section where the shipping containers are and the other big ship.. The area looks completed but I dont know as obviously I have never been there.

That area is largely unfinished. Same goes to basically anything that's outside on the western and south western ends of the map. Just looks pretty from the inside.

Though those areas do have massive potential and wouldn't require too much work to open up. Even financial has a couple of those.

Let's not forget that almost finished part of Asylum thats still locked, and the lighthouse.

Edited by GhosT

18 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

i don’t like riot

i think riot should continue to be developed, but not as riot

the br genre as a whole has very shallow gameplay, there’s a million reasons it doesn’t line up well with apb (which have been covered in a million threads so i’m not rehashing them), and riot implementation itself is sloppy at best

we’ve been told riot was just a practice test for the devs (ignoring that this only came to light recently) - if that is the case why continue to work solely on riot? give us other game modes/other mechanics/etc as more practice for the devs, use riot as a starting point to give the community things it’s wanted for years like functioning anarchy districts or turf wars

I've always felt the best course of action is to just use their plans for RIOT to make fight club more rewarding and compelling. Maybe make a single "Fight Club" that switches off between Asylum, Beacon, and Baylan. 

• Like 1

The question of the poll should be changed to "Have you ever had the chance to try out RIOT" or "How often does your server have a functioning RIOT district".

With such a low and often inactive gaming population in the servers, I do agree that introducing another new district is a bad move and LO should contribute their efforts to the existing ones (e.g. Fight Clubs) instead.

19 minutes ago, StunStick said:

I've always felt the best course of action is to just use their plans for RIOT to make fight club more rewarding and compelling. Maybe make a single "Fight Club" that switches off between Asylum, Beacon, and Baylan. 

Edited by Fayeth
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fayeth said:

With such a low and often inactive gaming population in the servers, I do agree that introducing another new district is a bad move and LO should contribute their efforts to the existing ones (e.g. Fight Clubs) instead.

What would you want done to fight club?

23 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

What would you want done to fight club?

Personally I'd like to see Asylum finished and the docks opened up.  That area is pretty much finished and fully functional with working ladders and doors, there's just that damn locked gate keeping us out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

They more or less said they used it to try out certain things and so on.

RIOT in itself isn't a bad concept, but it's absolutely nothing that would ever work in APB.

I believe it will work, but they gotta be creative, make the mode fun and balanced with more rewards.

But LO have to be more strategic (which they are NOT), nobody plays RIOT, maybe they can make a more structured feedback instead of going through thousands of posts.

Gather the feedback and make decisions, that would benefit the new players, old players and the company. Target an audience. Be smart ffs there are APB streamers out there ask them. 

Tbh I would be very happy with a simple BR.

hate lo . 

Do you Like RIOT? Yes

Do you think that LO should continue to develop RIOT?  Yes

reasons and consequences I will not explain .

47 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Personally I'd like to see Asylum finished and the docks opened up.  That area is pretty much finished and fully functional with working ladders and doors, there's just that damn locked gate keeping us out.

I don't recall the docks being mentioned before.

that sounds fun

as of this post, I've developed some statistics, because I was curious.

17.07% of voters like RIOT and think that LO should continue its development. 

9.76% of voters like RIOT and think that LO development should stop. 

17.07% of voters dislike RIOT and think that LO should continue its development. 

56.10% of voters dislike RIOT and think that LO should not continue its development. 

I find it interesting that almost 10% like RIOT, but still don't want it to continue being developed. 

7 hours ago, Glaciers said:

the  genre as a whole has very shallow gameplay,

Is it serious ?  

1 hour ago, olo said:

Is it serious ?  

why'd you change your name yood?

but yes i find gameplay based almost entirely on rng to be incredibly boring, and i don't think it leaves much room for player skill growth 

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

but yes i find gameplay based almost entirely on rng to be incredibly boring, and i don't think it leaves much room for player skill growth 

everyone knows that YooD Russian . everyone hates Russians .

you're entitled to a personal opinion . I have my own idea of what's going on .

Edited by olo

Great idea on paper, terrible execution. Definitely has potential to be way better though.

Would've rather seen them "practice" on the god damn new engine though, even with all the screenshots on that other thread I still dont believe it's coming anytime soon.

• Like 1

a mode that requires 16 people to start on a low pop server is good idea

pls continue!

It objectively has no place in this game, and takes away devs that could instead be working on shit that actually matters for what little remains of the future of the game.