Sign in to follow this  
TheMessiah

APB fell into the timelessness again..

Clearly the engine upgrade not gonna happen in next couple of months.So the game will keep being dead and nothing will happen?Is not something new for apb but still..riot is dead so why dont you try some other simple global mode.Something players will like and not gonna die right away.LO made Riot without new engine and add all this things to financial so obviously they can make more stuff.Make some survey and ask what mode players will actually want to play.Idk if gonna be Anarchy(not gonna work)or territory control or something else.Super simple mode i can think of is global team deatmatch with the option to see where are the rest of players.Everybody start with theyr loadout,one life for each team member,only once you can spawn your car,you cant resuply ammo,you can pick up enemy weapon.Thats just simple idea which players will like more than riot.Idk..just do something with the game..is so sad to see it like that with the potential that have(yea still have it)

p.s. yea i know topics like that sux but i made it anyway 😛 at least LO share whats the future plans(next months)

• Like 5

Territory control would be good.. we have spoke about this before though and its not happened yet but you never know!

Edited by Seedy

RIOT is not complete , its a beta.

With the small Jericho population it is not doing well but word is Citadel is doing better.

The Engine Upgrade itself is being tested by SPCT and  QA because new problems were found before that delayed it somewhat.

I'd rather have it functioning properly than a rush job , and because of that , it will be ready when it is ready.

I do not recall anyone from Little Orbit even coming close to suggesting they were not doing other updated content as well , so please stop making it  sound like they did.

As for asking what we would like to play , that's fine but keep in mind that Little Orbit also has to expand by adding content for what is popular out in other types of shooters as well.

otherwise it will be much harder to make APB grow.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

otherwise it will be much harder to make APB grow.

One has to ask though if this is even still possible?  I think we're way past the point that this game could have any meaningful growth.  A sudden increase from old players to check out possible new content is the best we can hope for I think.  I haven't logged in and played since their big balance patch last year iirc.

19 minutes ago, mynd said:

One has to ask though if this is even still possible?  I think we're way past the point that this game could have any meaningful growth.  A sudden increase from old players to check out possible new content is the best we can hope for I think.  I haven't logged in and played since their big balance patch last year iirc.

we do get new players but until matchmaking/threat/phasing , new content , gun balancing , and a proper tutorial are done then they most likely will not stay for long

Edited by Fortune Runner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

we do get new players but until matchmaking/threat/phasing , new content , gun balancing , and a proper tutorial are done then they most likely will not stay for long

I dont seem to understand how does the concept of cross dist matchmaking works out..i have a slight idea abt it..care to explain pls?

2 hours ago, Seedy said:

Territory control would be good.. we have spoke about this before though and its not happened yet but you never know!

If i wanted to play territory control i would go straight to planetside...

If main problems are not solved (i and others mentioned them good enough) not even regular players are going to come back it doesnt matter what game mode they add, or anything.

If problems are slowly solved then apb can pull out its potential.

Edited by BlueB

The game will be dead after engine upgrade too because the engine upgrade doesn't fix the game, it only allows for it to be fixed. Whether pr not the thing hits tomorrow or in 2 months, we still got a long way to go.

• Thanks 2

Shooting is so broken in this game and always will be due to netcode, people with shitty net, ddos and all that mess. If I was LO I would try something else. Damn Calabria racing would be still a lot more fun than Riot that is just same old APB

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NoobQueen said:

Shooting is so broken in this game and always will be due to netcode, people with shitty net, ddos and all that mess. If I was LO I would try something else. Damn Calabria racing would be still a lot more fun than Riot that is just same old APB

I agree... if something is really satisfying is killing someone with ntec cj3, but instead of 6 bullets i need like 20. 

I remember when ff arrived that hit reg worked wonders even for me. Does cheating has anything to do with craping hit reg or messing with ping?

39 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

I dont seem to understand how does the concept of cross dist matchmaking works out..i have a slight idea abt it..care to explain pls?

imagine two different waterfront districts both full capacity.

phasing alows you to be matched against a player as skilled as you are ( same threat ) even though you are in different instances

now imagine a global networking that was also discussed.....

lots more people to play with as  long as ping allows it.

theres a thread that MattScott posted a while back that discusses this in far more detail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Defibrillator said:

I would guess like Riot, you are in a "waiting" or mission district until the mission starts, then you are teleported to the nearest spawn point (maybe a contact location).

I'm not sure if how feasible it will be to just fill the queue with random defenders from other districts while the attackers are sitting and waiting at the point.

By the time the defenders transfer, load in and get into the cars, the attackers maybe on stage 2 or 3.

Edited by illgot

1 hour ago, BlueB said:

I agree... if something is really satisfying is killing someone with ntec cj3, but instead of 6 bullets i need like 20. 

I remember when ff arrived that hit reg worked wonders even for me. Does cheating has anything to do with craping hit reg or messing with ping?

I doubt that cheating has anything to do. I know that even aimbots are affected by this hitreg.

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

and a proper tutorial

We have a decent tutorial imo, it's just no one wants to do it.

40 minutes ago, mynd said:

We have a decent tutorial imo, it's just no one wants to do it.

it is  by far not a good tutorial.

it doesn't teach much how to play or anything.

most new players have no idea whatsoever what is going on or how to even activate it to see what to do , and they have been quite vocal asking for help because of it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

it is  by far not a good tutorial.

it doesn't teach much how to play or anything.

most new players have no idea whatsoever what is going on or how to even activate it to see what to do , and they have been quite vocal asking for help because of it

Like he said.. a lot of that stems from people ignoring the tutorial. Then they have to ask all those questions the game attempted to explain to them in chat. Gamers have a thing about avoiding tutorials even when they are proven useful. 

1 minute ago, Genobee said:

Like he said.. a lot of that stems from people ignoring the tutorial. Then they have to ask all those questions the game attempted to explain to them in chat. Gamers have a thing about avoiding tutorials even when they are proven useful. 

and like i said too many ask how to access it to begin with.

cant learn how to something if you cant find it to begin with smh

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

and like i said too many ask how to access it to begin with.

cant learn how to something if you cant find it to begin with smh

the tutorial is visible by default

all tutorial UI elements show how to access the full pop up tutorial

Unreal+Upgrade+Progress+Shot+1.png

Edited by Glaciers
pic

49 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

the tutorial is visible by default

all tutorial UI elements show how to access the full pop up tutorial

Unreal+Upgrade+Progress+Shot+1.png

tell that to them..... you wouldn't believe how many ask how to activate it to see the whole list.

i agree and they can remove riot and just replace it with racing area , capture the flag fight , hide and seek area , team death match sound great , or add more abilitys to the players ( like in apex legands 😛 ) like you can buy mods that give you the ability to jump higher for limited times , mods that give the player the ability to open teleport for the team and so on , this all things im sure can bring to apb the popularity again 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

imagine two different waterfront districts both full capacity.

phasing alows you to be matched against a player as skilled as you are ( same threat ) even though you are in different instances

Exactly what i thought. Now tell me how does the matchmaking be if there is a case of a real gold vs a fake gold. Ofc the fake gold will dethreat.

Say if this is the case...there will be nothing called as a silver/bronze district isnt it?

So how would the matchmaking be against 4 golds?. If there are only 4 gold players and the remaining are silver and bronze threat players.

55 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

Exactly what i thought. Now tell me how does the matchmaking be if there is a case of a real gold vs a fake gold. Ofc the fake gold will dethreat.

Say if this is the case...there will be nothing called as a silver/bronze district isnt it?

So how would the matchmaking be against 4 golds?. If there are only 4 gold players and the remaining are silver and bronze threat players.

well when phasing is added to apb , the threat and matchmaking is supposed to be reworked at the same time.

Because of it , then similar skilled players will be matched against each other

so it shouldn't matter too much about fake vs real gold since it would be reworked.

or at least that is the plan.

59 minutes ago, Donjae said:

i agree and they can remove riot and just replace it with racing area , capture the flag fight , hide and seek area , team death match sound great , or add more abilitys to the players ( like in apex legands 😛 ) like you can buy mods that give you the ability to jump higher for limited times , mods that give the player the ability to open teleport for the team and so on , this all things im sure can bring to apb the popularity again 

well hopefully soon they can make a new interface so that we are not limited and can have all of that at once and more.

6 hours ago, Donjae said:

But ofc!!!! I want apb survival mode where if you dont eat your character get skinny, dinosaurs, crafting where you can make weapons with wood and rocks, maybe lazers, flying, mounthing elephants to hunt dinosaurs, maybe some superpowers not many so apb dont get too crazy (balance in all things)  etc.

What great ideas we have to revive apb right?

17 hours ago, BlueB said:

What great ideas we have to revive apb right?

Commit to rebuilding it from the ground up to be a brand-new, modern game for this generation, and don't make it Epic exclusive, though they'd probably need the money.

Sign in to follow this