Darkzero3802

A Petition For Stronger Anti Hack Methods

22 minutes ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

Don't you think it's misinformation to post ambiguous statements? There's no proof of these statements are true either.

then i guess we're back to "if you don't trust the ceo of the company why are you here?", unless you're implying that the transcript thread is a fake that links to a fake twitch q&a stream in which case im flattered anyone thinks i'm that devious

either we take the only official information on the matter as truth or having any of these discussions is pointless because everything we know so far could be lies

We don't know what the updates would have done for fair fight if helped at all.

correct

Also if fairfight was not working as intended do you believe matt scotts ambiguous statement about it should be taken at face value?

Since any other subject matt has discussed has been far more in depth about behind the scenes knowledge.

"fairfight is not working correctly" isnt really that ambiguous, thats pretty definitive imo - im not sure how else i could take that statement

indepth info probably wasnt given out because at the time ff was still in limited use and the plan was to move forward with both ff and battleye as anticheats

Since fairfight is no longer being used wouldn't it be fair to release that kind of information without harming the game?

i guess so

we (or at least i) have no idea about easyanticheat's supposed server side components, is it a heuristic anticheat similar to ff?

Edited by Glaciers
typo

48 minutes ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

Since fairfight is no longer being used wouldn't it be fair to release that kind of information without harming the game?

I would have to say no because of how the Engine Updates may make it usable again

8 hours ago, Zian said:

Have you seriously not been paying attention to the direction of where this game is going? Let alone the blatant cheaters that are running around the past week or so.

Jericho is an unplayable mess right now, and all you can do is use the "git gud bro" argument. If they were trying to make this game better, then they need to try harder. That's why a call for a petition exists in the first place.

I have been paying attention, I play the game quite often. Maybe it's because killing cheaters in APB is way easier than killing a cheater in a traditional shooter, or maybe I just don't see what you see. A petition wont do anything, how would a petition stating "try harder, LO" with a couple dozen signatures do anything more than legitimate criticism from the people signing the damn petition in the first place?

7 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Yea implementation of only one system will easily be bypassed by the hackers if it isnt frequently updated and doesnt have other anti hack programs with it. Theres normally several layers of protection going on that keep anti hack programs as peak performance. Each time the program is updated the hackers must update their hacks to bypass it again. If they cant keep up then the hack becomes useless. There are server side and client side anti hacks that are normally used together to make several barriers to detect and prevent outside programs. APB used to have 2 in fail fight and punk buster, both of which failed miserably due to numerous flaws and the lack of updates. Since then there has only been 1 and its been gotten around. LO changing battle eye to EAC and still doing the same exact thing they did with battle eye isnt going to change anything.

This is applicable to every online multiplayer game protected by any AC, but you seem to be ignoring the fact that the people who're cheating are paying hundreds of dollars for private cheats, just to have them regularly updated and patched as often as they need to be... and most of these players are on Citadel, not Jericho, so I really don't see why Jericho players are complaining about "rampant hacking" when they aren't even exposed to cheaters all too often anyway.

14 hours ago, Glaciers said:

then i guess we're back to "if you don't trust the ceo of the company why are you here?", unless you're implying that the transcript thread is a fake that links to a fake twitch q&a stream in which case im flattered anyone thinks i'm that devious

either we take the only official information on the matter as truth or having any of these discussions is pointless because everything we know so far could be lies

correct

"fairfight is not working correctly" isnt really that ambiguous, thats pretty definitive imo - im not sure how else i could take that statement

indepth info probably wasnt given out because at the time ff was still in limited use and the plan was to move forward with both ff and battleye as anticheats

i guess so

we (or at least i) have no idea about easyanticheat's supposed server side components, is it a heuristic anticheat similar to ff?

Im not saying MattScott is completely without confidence. However look at CEO's from EA, Bioware or Bethesda in the last year or so. Based on what the things these CEO's have been saying the last year you would think these CEO's are the best and most caring in the world and leaders of the best and most caring game companies in the world, so why arent they?

Evidence to the contrary. I think its pretty fair to not implicitly take a CEO's word as fact without a reasonable amount of evidence to back them up.

Look at any of the current issues we have, Ddosing for example. New "Anti ddossing" measures go live and when a large amount of people still have a problem and the servers still go down, is it not fair to question the legitimacy of said new measures?

Im sure everyone believes that something has changed, something has happened or improved, i do too but with ddosing we experience the problem first hand so when the intended solution doesnt go as expected we all go "wtf". Right?

Thats what im doing here, except in this case we're yet to see what the problems were at first hand, which in my opinion is not a stretch to explain. Instead we are left without information to make our own informed decisions.

"Fairfight not working correctly" Doesnt tell us anything, is it really a problem that couldnt be fixed? Why did it take another company to "figure" out so soon after acquiring the original company that the whole program was unsalvageable and needed to be replaced when it was marketed as the next best anti cheat at the time?

For all we know it the problems could have been fixed with the updates, was it updated before it was scrapped?

Public healthcare doesnt work in america.

Heres a real life example of an issue that is constantly turned into an ambiguous problem when there are solutions, but the problems are never explored properly.

Even if it wasnt given out at the time, which is a fair call to make if its still in use, why not explain it now?

Im sure there are enough differences between EAC and FF that would make that kind of info irrelevant otherwise you'd just have people switching between anti cheats quicker than opening a .bat file.

I think its pretty reasonable to have people outside as an objective opinion with the knowledge to back up said claims about the workings of an anti cheat or systems not currently being used as an explanation to why they were removed.

Im pretty sure you've said it yourself, LO is a business and here to make money. Good will comes second.

Merged.

13 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

I would have to say no because of how the Engine Updates may make it usable again

Im not sure how you got to this conclusion.

Isnt the reason the engine update is such a big deal because a lot if not a large majority of internal systems will be changing?

44 minutes ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

Isnt the reason the engine update is such a big deal because a lot if not a large majority of internal systems will be changing?

exactly why it may be useful in the future.

just saying it may be better to wait and see.

I play every day, the last cheat from speedhacks I saw a couple of months ago. APB now has a good anti-cheat. Thanks @MattScott.

37 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

exactly why it may be useful in the future.

just saying it may be better to wait and see.

Changing as in obsolete, i dont think people call updates updates to keep old thing relevant.

5 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

If any of what you suggested actually worked then anti cheat companies would be out of business.

NOW can i use that for a sig?

join the queue

everything works like a Swiss watch . no problem . you know the meaning of the phrase : crazy dancing at a funeral .  ? keep having fun .

7 hours ago, ForeverCrooked said:

I don't trust a screenshot posted on a game forum so sorry me am very stupid no one own photoshop

If you join the APB community discord (where LO staff are members) you can search for and read this conversation for yourself.

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

The engine upgrade won't change how effective a serverside anti-cheat is. The community really likes to put the engine upgrade as the be all end all of anti-cheat, content, performance, and communication problems. It's not that.

• Like 1

We the remaining silvers of APB Reloaded are sick and tired of the yrs of lax policies against better players!

Bring back name & shame!

Ban people after 10 reports!

Prevent the best players from leaving fightclub!

Add the riot gas to fightclub so that they suffer in there!

Fund the new silvian reich!

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Similarities said:

The engine upgrade won't change how effective a serverside anti-cheat is. The community really likes to put the engine upgrade as the be all end all of anti-cheat, content, performance, and communication problems. It's not that. 

There are new possibilities  when there is new programming. new things that could not be done before can become available.

And no i said nothing about that other stuff because it has nothing to do with it at all.

3 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

We the remaining silvers of APB Reloaded are sick and tired of the yrs of lax policies against better players!

Bring back name & shame!

Ban people after 10 reports!

Prevent the best players from leaving fightclub!

Add the riot gas to fightclub so that they suffer in there!

Fund the new silvian reich!

Do you always produce such propaganda?

Everyone can agree that blatant cheating is a problem. But it seems like there's a strong unified front towards cheaters being removed from this game.

No one said "Punish good players" and to call a blatant cheater a "Just another good player" is an attempt to pull the wool over the eyes of people who are willing to call out the BS, or simply want to stand up to the fact that there is nothing being done. 

6 minutes ago, Zian said:

Everyone can agree that blatant cheating is a problem

not on Jericho there's hardly any

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

There's also hardly any players on Jericho. So say six cheaters to be on a server with a population of seventy, means there's almost one hacker per ten legitimate players. 

That's enough to cause a disturbance in game balance overall. Especially if some are blatant.

39 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

The thing is jericho shouldn't have any with pop like that

Edited by ForeverCrooked
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zian said:

There's also hardly any players on Jericho. So say six cheaters to be on a server with a population of seventy, means there's almost one hacker per ten legitimate players. 

That's enough to cause a disturbance in game balance overall. Especially if some are blatant.

If you even seen one person suspicious you'd claim its an epidemic so you aren't too reliable.

11 minutes ago, ForeverCrooked said:

The thing is jericho shouldn't have any with pop like that

impossible to stop 100% since no anti cheat can catch 100%

1 hour ago, Zian said:

Do you always produce such propaganda?

Everyone can agree that blatant cheating is a problem. But it seems like there's a strong unified front towards cheaters being removed from this game.

No one said "Punish good players" and to call a blatant cheater a "Just another good player" is an attempt to pull the wool over the eyes of people who are willing to call out the BS, or simply want to stand up to the fact that there is nothing being done. 

I've criticised the way both LO and G1 handle cheaters several times. The difference is that I tried to put some effort into it. Not some "we the people demand" crap like this thread is. Apart from that, what you quoted was me making fun of the OP, not my actual opinion or anything meant to have substance in the first place.

I haven't played a lot of EAC APB because I moved countries, but I could already tell from BE that it was significantly better for quite some time. I would assume EAC does similarly. Fact of the matter is that these type of demand threads rarely contain anything useful and are often made by players who barely manage to be average. Cry elitism all you want, but the opinions change throughout the skilltiers and you rarely see any top tier player say the game is "infested". Though, by the logic these people use, all the top tier players would be cheating and cover for their friends of course.

As for actual blatant cheaters, I do agree that some sort of secondary mechanism to deal with the helicopters would be nice.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

I've criticised the way both LO and G1 handle cheaters several times. The difference is that I tried to put some effort into it. Not some "we the people demand" crap like this thread is. Apart from that, what you quoted was me making fun of the OP, not my actual opinion or anything meant to have substance in the first place.

I haven't played a lot of EAC APB because I moved countries, but I could already tell from BE that it was significantly better for quite some time. I would assume EAC does similarly. Fact of the matter is that these type of demand threads rarely contain anything useful and are often made by players who barely manage to be average. Cry elitism all you want, but the opinions change throughout the skilltiers and you rarely see any top tier player say the game is "infested". Though, by the logic these people use, all the top tier players would be cheating and cover for their friends of course.

As for actual blatant cheaters, I do agree that some sort of secondary mechanism to deal with the helicopters would be nice.

It's not a cry of elitism, when you display that you're an elitist by throwing shade at players who'd like to get better.

The blatant cheaters in this game prevent that, and it's something that shouldn't have to be out right pointed out. Especially to a "Top Tier" player.

The fact that even your efforts are ignored, should make you a little more aggravated. Or willing to provide constructive feedback, without the sarcasm belittling  the OP with misinformation peppered through your post.

The fact that you haven't played a lot, means that you're missing out on the overall current status of how things have been within the game. Your feedback is essentially just from the forums point of view only.

46 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

If you even seen one person suspicious you'd claim its an epidemic so you aren't too reliable.

impossible to stop 100% since no anti cheat can catch 100%

False, if I saw one I wouldn't be bothered. But I've seen quite a few so far that have gone days without being taken from the server.

Again you're creating lies. I'm starting to think you have unchecked sociopathic tendencies. 

Edited by Zian

19 minutes ago, Zian said:

False, if I saw one I wouldn't be bothered. But I've seen quite a few so far that have gone days without being taken from the server.

Even if it was instant , you have a reputation for posting " omg hackers everywhere" far too often when Jericho is not so.

20 minutes ago, Zian said:

Again you're creating lies. I'm starting to think you have unchecked sociopathic tendencies. 

do tell what did i lie about on my quote

14 hours ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

Im not saying MattScott is completely without confidence. However look at CEO's from EA, Bioware or Bethesda in the last year or so. Based on what the things these CEO's have been saying the last year you would think these CEO's are the best and most caring in the world and leaders of the best and most caring game companies in the world, so why arent they?

Evidence to the contrary. I think its pretty fair to not implicitly take a CEO's word as fact without a reasonable amount of evidence to back them up.

Look at any of the current issues we have, Ddosing for example. New "Anti ddossing" measures go live and when a large amount of people still have a problem and the servers still go down, is it not fair to question the legitimacy of said new measures?

Im sure everyone believes that something has changed, something has happened or improved, i do too but with ddosing we experience the problem first hand so when the intended solution doesnt go as expected we all go "wtf". Right?

Thats what im doing here, except in this case we're yet to see what the problems were at first hand, which in my opinion is not a stretch to explain. Instead we are left without information to make our own informed decisions.

"Fairfight not working correctly" Doesnt tell us anything, is it really a problem that couldnt be fixed? Why did it take another company to "figure" out so soon after acquiring the original company that the whole program was unsalvageable and needed to be replaced when it was marketed as the next best anti cheat at the time?

For all we know it the problems could have been fixed with the updates, was it updated before it was scrapped?

Public healthcare doesnt work in america.

Heres a real life example of an issue that is constantly turned into an ambiguous problem when there are solutions, but the problems are never explored properly.

Even if it wasnt given out at the time, which is a fair call to make if its still in use, why not explain it now?

Im sure there are enough differences between EAC and FF that would make that kind of info irrelevant otherwise you'd just have people switching between anti cheats quicker than opening a .bat file.

I think its pretty reasonable to have people outside as an objective opinion with the knowledge to back up said claims about the workings of an anti cheat or systems not currently being used as an explanation to why they were removed.

Im pretty sure you've said it yourself, LO is a business and here to make money. Good will comes second.

Merged.

Im not sure how you got to this conclusion.

Are you saying Todd ever lied???

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

Even if it was instant , you have a reputation for posting " omg hackers everywhere" far too often when Jericho is not so.

do tell what did i lie about on my quote

"If you even seen one suspicious person you'd claim it's an epidemic so you aren't too reliable" Is a bold lie. 

Yes I have a reputation for posting about people who cheat. Because I am sick of it, and I refuse to back down on my stance that something should be done. Even when under constant ridicule from less than savory characters, such as yourself. It's called having a pair of balls to think for myself, than join the peanut gallery who sits idle as this game dwindles to nothing like Fallen Earth has.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

There are new possibilities  when there is new programming. new things that could not be done before can become available.

And no i said nothing about that other stuff because it has nothing to do with it at all.

Can you give some examples of where this has happened?

2 hours ago, Zian said:

"If you even seen one suspicious person you'd claim it's an epidemic so you aren't too reliable" Is a bold lie. 

Yes I have a reputation for posting about people who cheat. Because I am sick of it, and I refuse to back down on my stance that something should be done. Even when under constant ridicule from less than savory characters, such as yourself. It's called having a pair of balls to think for myself, than join the peanut gallery who sits idle as this game dwindles to nothing like Fallen Earth has.

its called sarcasm *facepalm*

but that joke is  not too far off considering you're just shy of being a conspiracy theory nut on that thread of yours 😜

11 minutes ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

Can you give some examples of where this has happened?

there's endless possibilities in life , love , and a good beer.

no one knows until it happens. all i said is lets wait to see if its important info later ,  in case it can be used again silly.

Edited by Fortune Runner