Darkzero3802

A Petition For Stronger Anti Hack Methods

We the remaining player base of APB Reloaded are sick and tired of the yrs of lax policies against hackers and the lax methods used to catch these people from only one kind of hack detection to only being a simple acc ban for hackers. We want proper, strict policies, several layers of hack detection, and stricter ban methods that will keep these people out of APB and the hacks rendered as useless as is possible so we can enjoy the time we play on APB Reloaded.

Anyone supporting this petition for change sign your ign in the thread and lets get LO and Matt to make the changes necessary to have fair and fun game play for all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In-game name Dianelle Rank 255. 

You have my name.

do you have any specific methods or just some vague demands?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Please don't presume to speak for anyone but yourself. 

I, also second this 

Edited by Guest

Seriously I see no hackers and I’m currently playing every single day. Is it possible your just a crap player and you don’t understand the game mechanics? You also don’t speak for me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

We the remaining player base of APB Reloaded are sick and tired of the yrs of lax policies against hackers and the lax methods used to catch these people from only one kind of hack detection to only being a simple acc ban for hackers. We want proper, strict policies, several layers of hack detection, and stricter ban methods that will keep these people out of APB and the hacks rendered as useless as is possible so we can enjoy the time we play on APB Reloaded.

Anyone supporting this petition for change sign your ign in the thread and lets get LO and Matt to make the changes necessary to have fair and fun game play for all. 

umm pretty sure they JUST DID *facepalm*

22 minutes ago, Seedy said:

Seriously I see no hackers and I’m currently playing every single day. Is it possible your just a crap player and you don’t understand the game mechanics? You also don’t speak for me.

honestly more and more people say that of Darkzero3802 and hackusations.

At the risk of some sub-literate idiot interpreting this as a pro hacker post, what do you mean by 'several layers of hack detection'?

LO have already replaced two anti-cheats cos they weren't delivering the desired results. Should we bring them back, and keep EAC, which you've called lax, and have three anti-cheats not working right? Maybe implement every piece of anti-cheat software that exists all at once? Do you think that'll help? Cos I doubt it will (not to mention that they'd probably conflict with each other).

The other obvious option is in game GMs actively looking for cheaters, but there's a problem there because a paid GM from outside will only be able to deal with really obvious hackers like speedhackers, people who stream themselves, and the most blatant SHAWbots because they won't have deep knowledge of the game. And let's not go down the rabbit hole of giving GMs recruited from the playerbase access to the banning tools.

Petitions and Open Letters are wonderful. You just get to spout positive things you'd like to see happen without a notion of how they can be implemented.

Edited by MrChan
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

do you have any specific methods or just some vague demands?

i don't think they do , but sinc3e i know you are well versed it you think of anything that might be good please suggest

not agreeing with this thread

just saying since you have a good chance of coming up with a good idea that works that they listen to given your history

1 minute ago, TackoGirl said:

Active GM's should finally be able to ban people.

volunteer gms should  NEVER be able to do that

6 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

volunteer gms should  NEVER be able to do that

I agree with you, I also did not mean voluntary GM's, It just can not be the speedhacker running through the FC and nobody is looking for what's going on there! 

if Little orbit only relies on the EAC, the game is already history. 

Edited by TackoGirl
  • Like 1

All im reading is "just detect better, just get a better AC, just punish them harder."

It's almost like you're completely ignoring last years implementation of Battleye, and this years implementation of EAC. What the hell is a petition going to do? Petitions aren't spells that are magically casted when it reaches a milestone amount of signatures, there are real people working on this game, and they're giving it all they got.

I find it really annoying how often people hackusate in this game. I mean seriously, you're a Jericho player ffs. How many people in Jericho do you think cheat? I struggle to even name 1/2 people who actively cheat on Jericho enough for it to be as much of an issue as you make it out to be. Have you even played on Citadel? The legit players on Citadel make the people you hackusate on Jericho look like silvers, maybe you should get stomped by them for a while so you can be grateful for the lack of Nekrovian borgs on Jericho. Or just quit the game/find something else to play instead of parroting what you've been saying forever now, all while ignoring Little Orbit striving to make the game better.

Edited by claude
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, claude said:

All im reading is "just detect better, just get a better AC, just punish them harder."

It's almost like you're completely ignoring last years implementation of Battleye, and this years implementation of EAC. What the hell is a petition going to do? Petitions aren't spells that are magically casted when it reaches a milestone amount of signatures, there are real people working on this game, and they're giving it all they got.

I find it really annoying how often people hackusate in this game. I mean seriously, you're a Jericho player ffs. How many people in Jericho do you think cheat? I struggle to even name 1/2 people who actively cheat on Jericho enough for it to be as much of an issue as you make it out to be. Have you even played on Citadel? The legit players on Citadel make the people you hackusate on Jericho look like silvers, maybe you should get stomped by them for a while so you can be grateful for the lack of Nekrovian borgs on Jericho. Or just quit the game/find something else to play instead of parroting what you've been saying forever now, all while ignoring Little Orbit striving to make the game better.

Have you seriously not been paying attention to the direction of where this game is going? Let alone the blatant cheaters that are running around the past week or so.

Jericho is an unplayable mess right now, and all you can do is use the "git gud bro" argument. If they were trying to make this game better, then they need to try harder. That's why a call for a petition exists in the first place.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, claude said:

Yea implementation of only one system will easily be bypassed by the hackers if it isnt frequently updated and doesnt have other anti hack programs with it. Theres normally several layers of protection going on that keep anti hack programs as peak performance. Each time the program is updated the hackers must update their hacks to bypass it again. If they cant keep up then the hack becomes useless. There are server side and client side anti hacks that are normally used together to make several barriers to detect and prevent outside programs. APB used to have 2 in fail fight and punk buster, both of which failed miserably due to numerous flaws and the lack of updates. Since then there has only been 1 and its been gotten around. LO changing battle eye to EAC and still doing the same exact thing they did with battle eye isnt going to change anything.

if you have ANY doubts critical help is needed in this area, please... by all means go play (er, try to play) fight club in citadel.

• Like 2

Lax policies? Lax methods?

We've had 3 anti cheat changes thanks to the community because what ever the result was of "a better anti cheat" was never enough. Even if anti cheat programs could detect people within in the hour of a player starting an account, you would still see cheaters.

Remember the goat hour streams during fairfight?

"A simple account ban". How is that simple, or lax? That is the harshest punishment you can give an account holder, blocking that account from the game indefinitely.

We've had, Punkbuster. Fairfight. Battleye, and now EAC.

Do you know how many Anti cheats are left?

You cant build a wall an expect it to stand forever.

It looks like you want some kind of fantasy where cheaters are caught and given capital punishment before cheating is a thought in their mind, all of this unrealistic. There are better solutions than this threads idea.

PS. You know they have an in house anti cheat aswell right? Its not just "one" anti cheat. Also, EAC is a client and server sided anti cheat.

Did you even research anything for this thread?

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog
  • Like 3

Re-add fairfight at least that'd ban blatants. Block banned players from remaking accounts (rust does a pretty good job of this now requiring a full re-installation of windows and a spoofer+ip change to avoid being banned again). Bam I just solved to cheating problem. Very few cheaters will take the steps I laid out to avoid another ban even for a f2p game just won't be worth the time. The less convenient the less cheaters will return after a ban (which is a good chunk of the problem with f2p games).

Edited by ForeverCrooked
  • Like 1

With a better Anti-Cheat it would be too obvious when we accuse someone of cheating just to cover-up our own incompetence. It's fine as it is now. 

• Thanks 1

As just a suggestion, maybe account bans aren't enough anymore. Perhaps MAC bans should be implemented?

what specific problems do you have?  no problem .

I guess it did become reality.

WE NEED VAC NEXT.

• Like 1

AC softwares are nearly useless as the only solution, with a few hired GM's with banning powers, who don't appear on districts where they should be, but chat with players on social district what i've seen. these things are useless as a long term solution. An internet ID or/and court cases against habitual cheaters and cheat developers is the way to go.

It hasn't even been a month since EAC has been implemented, am I alone in thinking it takes a bit longer to get an anti-cheat tuned to be effective, especially in a game like Apb? I think we need to give EAC a lil longer; we dont know anything happening behind the scenes, it could be mainly collecting data up until this point being new and all. Not like cheating really is that big of an issue, nowhere near enough to warrant all this attention 

Edited by Acornie

Population dwindles to near-zero numbers, and folks are still convinced everyone they're going against is hacking. Bizarre.

• Like 1