Sign in to follow this  
RadeonPro

Playerbase is way too low, future of the game?

There's a solution

Epic games store ;^)

But more seriously, this game actually have an income of true new players, yet groups of 4x 255Fake Silvers don't care do much and play like vs usual other 255's instead of giving them chances or even letting them win

Edited by Yukate
Missing word

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Steam charts:

Average players the last month before LO =542

Average players last 30 days =498

Either you suck at Math or can't read a simple chart. 

bhvu4fd.png

How the F do you compare things?

You just cut out whole year? lol

Yeah because nothing happened there....

🤣

Hahaha

Let's pretend they didn't have a 500 influx on avg. players that they then lost.

Then it may seem as if they don't actually have a problem with keeping new/returning players also.

I'm not good at math but I'm pretty sure having 1000 and losing 500 of that is a 50% loss in total.

Merged.

15 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

I disagree. a failure would be rampant cheating like it used to be and its nowhere near that.

no anti cheat is 100% regardless .

How is it not a fail when BE was enough of a fail for LO to decide to get rid of it?

cant say anyone expected it to be our "savior" but added content is added content.

and some of us do like it.

plus its still in beta so *shrugs*

Matt said that RIOT had to be a hit. That's what I'm referring to.
Yeah some do like it. about 25% according to the polls. That is not good.

The QA team and SPCT found other bugs that they are working on. the time delay is not good but I wouldn't cal this a failure either.

It will be done when its done and I'd rather not have major bugs/crashes.

You don't even know for sure that it's going to be done. It may, it may not. 7 months delay is a failure no matter what the reason is. It may be understandable, but it's still a failure.

this was on a different thread and proven to be inaccurate.

On the contrary, I've proven it to be very accurate.

Check my reply to CookiePuss.

27 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

[image]

How the F do you compare things?

You just cut out whole year? lol

Yeah because nothing happened there....

🤣

Hahaha

Let's pretend they didn't have a 500 influx on avg. players that they then lost.

Then it may seem as if they don't actually have a problem with keeping new/returning players also.

I'm not good at math but I'm pretty sure having 1000 and losing 500 of that is a 50% loss in total.

in total would be net player gain/loss from the date orbit purchased apb to today, which would be comparing ~550 to ~500 according to your chart

i won’t deny that the game is going through a very rough patch, but using players that showed up and left within 3 months (during which orbit seemed to be firing on all cylinders) seems a little disingenuous - imo nothing short of the engine upgrade would have made these players stay any longer, they were just old players popping in because either the news of g1 selling or the news of unbans piqued their interest

Edited by Glaciers
edit

13 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

I disagree. a failure would be rampant cheating like it used to be and its nowhere near that.

no anti cheat is 100% regardless .

cant say anyone expected it to be our "savior" but added content is added content.

and some of us do like it.

plus its still in beta so *shrugs*

The QA team and SPCT found other bugs that they are working on. the time delay is not good but I wouldn't cal this a failure either.

It will be done when its done and I'd rather not have major bugs/crashes.

this was on a different thread and proven to be inaccurate.

Cheating hasn't stopped because EAC was already found out and people that will cheat in apb are gonna cheat in APB. Its already bypassed. Everything up til now has been a failure.

• Like 1

That one year spent on Riot would be less wasted time if they were actually making a new map.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SilverCrow said:

~snip~

Oh you are slow. 

Pop is the roughly the same now as it was before LO. 

Pop has not dropped 50% since old G1 was in charge. 

Thanks for playing. 

Been stuttering a lot since the last patch. The game is pretty much unplayable atm for me atleast.

How is it not a fail when BE was enough of a fail for LO to decide to get rid of it?

When BattleEye had a cheat bypass made for it Little Orbit looked into new solutions.

what made you think programming can just be swapped out like your clothes is beyond me.

Matt said that RIOT had to be a hit. That's what I'm referring to.
Yeah some do like it. about 25% according to the polls. That is not good.

citation pleaseI do not recall that.

I know we needed to do better and start turning things around but that's all I'm sure of.

You don't even know for sure that it's going to be done. It may, it may not. 7 months delay is a failure no matter what the reason is. It may be understandable, but it's still a failure.

Are you seriously calling your speculation a fact that it may not be done , when SPCT and QA are completing the testing?

something not completed because of a work in progress is not a failure.

A failure means its done its over , and a work in progress means they're busy working.

I'd hate to have you for a boss , and if you are one i bet a lot of people quit on you for that lol

On the contrary, I've proven it to be very accurate. 

Check my reply to CookiePuss.

Multiple people already showed otherwise.

1 hour ago, Gateron said:

Cheating hasn't stopped because EAC was already found out and people that will cheat in apb are gonna cheat in APB. Its already bypassed. Everything up til now has been a failure.

What anti cheat does not have a private bypass?

what anti cheat is 100% effective?

You are pretty unrealistic.

by that logic eating and drinking is a failure because you have to do it again?

different worlds of course but just an example

1 hour ago, NoobQueen said:

That one year spent on Riot would be less wasted time if they were actually making a new map.

Citation please.

I do not know of any solid time frame for how long they worked on RIOT.

I know Halloween had parts of it and that new content is needed for APB , but I do not know of the exact time they started working on RIOT.

A new map would be more difficult and take even longer , and time is not on our side for doing that with so little funding to support such a huge task.

But I do wish we did have new maps , at the very least a small one to add to  fight club maps

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

steam stats have always been accurate to within maybe 100 people, there’s simply not enough people playing without steam running to make a noticeable difference 

in any case the steam numbers alone can still be used to see trends, do you really think the nonsteam players behave any differently from the steam players?

6 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

steam stats have always been accurate to within maybe 100 people, there’s simply not enough people playing without steam running to make a noticeable difference 

in any case the steam numbers alone can still be used to see trends, do you really think the nonsteam players behave any differently from the steam players?

we didn't lose half our player base. its been the same.

not everyone plays at once and this was proven on the other thread. by multiple people.

some were not actively playing constantly like others of us do , who came to log on and take a look around of course.

that's already been proven as well.

the numbers have been the same as pre Little Orbit days and it shows it.

btw isnt that the very chart that one of the people who proved what i just said supplied ?

6 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

we didn't lose half our player base. its been the same.

not everyone plays at once and this was proven on the other thread. by multiple people.

some were not actively playing constantly like others of us do , who came to log on and take a look around of course.

that's already been proven as well.

the numbers have been the same as pre Little Orbit days and it shows it.

btw isnt that the very chart that one of the people who proved what i just said supplied ?

i figured you were arguing against using steam population numbers, if not then my bad 

btw why do you keep pointing to “other threads” without actually linking to them?

10 hours ago, Glaciers said:

i figured you were arguing against using steam population numbers, if not then my bad 

Yes i mean the steam charts from that other thread  thread.

Edit : I do not consider you at fault since its not linked. reason why is below.

10 hours ago, Glaciers said:

btw why do you keep pointing to “other threads” without actually linking to them? 

have you seen the duplicate threads this week? omg such a mess.

if you find it id appreciate it , since all I'm saying is it was disproven over there. (not my argument I'm just a messenger so don't shoot meeeeee)

Edited by Fortune Runner

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

When BattleEye had a cheat bypass made for it Little Orbit looked into new solutions.

what made you think programming can just be swapped out like your clothes is beyond me.

citation pleaseI do not recall that.

I know we needed to do better and start turning things around but that's all I'm sure of.

Are you seriously calling your speculation a fact that it may not be done , when SPCT and QA are completing the testing?

something not completed because of a work in progress is not a failure.

A failure means its done its over , and a work in progress means they're busy working.

I'd hate to have you for a boss , and if you are one i bet a lot of people quit on you for that lol

what anti cheat is 100% effective?

You are pretty unrealistic.

by that logic eating and drinking is a failure because you have to do it again?

different worlds of course but just an example

Citation please.

I do not know of any solid time frame for how long they worked on RIOT.

I know Halloween had parts of it and that new content is needed for APB , but I do not know of the exact time they started working on RIOT.

A new map would be more difficult and take even longer , and time is not on our side for doing that with so little funding to support such a huge task.

But I do wish we did have new maps , at the very least a small one to add to  fight club maps

The source is here on the forums and it's recent.

Lol map taking lot longer. I could make half of financial in less time, recycling all assets would take even less.

1 minute ago, NoobQueen said:

The source is here on the forums and it's recent. 

Lol map taking lot longer. I could make half of financial in less time, recycling all assets would take even less.

theres a lot of duplicate threads this week so i am having trouble finding them.

I'm going back n forth from getting work done to posting so i cant sort it al out.

could really use help finding stuff right now sorry

21 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Wait, what?

Did you not read?

30 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Did you not read?

i’m pretty sure it’s just thousands at this point, if you count all the people that log in every 6 months to relive the nightmare 

34 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Did you not read?

Yeah, but where did you get that number from?

That's insane.

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Playing devils advocate for this one point.

Fairfight.

Something that cant be bypassed has more opportunity to be more effective in the future because it doesn't have to update itself constantly to block holes in its programming.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah, but where did you get that number from?

That's insane.

That's generally an estimate across the board for games. If you are taking '1000 players online = 1000 players total' you are delusional.

Those 1000 players are a rotation of the greater population.

10 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

That's generally an estimate across the board for games. If you are taking '1000 players online = 1000 players total' you are delusional.

Those 1000 players are a rotation of the greater population.

Agreed. 

But didn't you say tens of thousands? 

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Agreed. 

But didn't you say tens of thousands? 

Yup. Easy estimate. Even games that only peak around 100 players still rotate through a thousand or two of what can be considered active players. So it really isn't hard to say that APB with 1000 peak likely has a few tens of thousand 'active' players.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

Playing devils advocate for this one point.

Fairfight.

Something that cant be bypassed has more opportunity to be more effective in the future because it doesn't have to update itself constantly to block holes in its programming.

I don't know if i can count FF since it wasn't working right for APB and didn't need to be bypassed because of it.

to be technical was it broken or just not working right for APB? kinda the same kinda not so I'm curious.

12 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I don't know if i can count FF since it wasn't working right for APB and didn't need to be bypassed because of it.

to be technical was it broken or just not working right for APB? kinda the same kinda not so I'm curious.

it wasnt being updated or paid for by the time orbit bought apb

also used for manual bans and non-cheating bans despite several lies to the contrary from g1

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yup. Easy estimate. Even games that only peak around 100 players still rotate through a thousand or two of what can be considered active players. So it really isn't hard to say that APB with 1000 peak likely has a few tens of thousand 'active' players.

Very interesting. 

I wonder if they keep track of that kind of stat. 

Edited by CookiePuss

33 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Of course you can, its an anti cheat that cant be bypassed.

Its efficiency is a different topic.

FF being behavioral meant it was a fine line between catching cheaters and catching people who look like cheaters. Since the majority of the gaming community cant stand one false ban you have to make the system more lenient which can mean letting some people through.

We have no idea how efficient those updates for FF would have been. Since its not a client side anti cheat they wouldn't be updating holes in the system. How obsolete you think a behavioral system becomes over time when the game doesnt change dramatically is probably the only thing up for debate right now.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

Sign in to follow this