Sign in to follow this  
xPanzerShrekx

Little Orbit should increase the free vehicle decal limit

Now, before I get into the meat of the post, I understand it's needed to provide benefits to Premium to promote sales. However, I feel that the limit for decals on cars without premium is currently too low. In my opinion, it would be best to raise the limit somewhere in the range of 15-20 decals. This would allow more flexibility, while still providing a large benefit for premium users. 

Edited by xPanzerShrekx
Removed inaccurate info.

8 minutes ago, xPanzerShrekx said:

Now, before I get into the meat of the post, I understand it's needed to provide benefits to Premium to promote sales. However, I feel that the limit for decals on cars without premium is currently too low. In my opinion, it would be best to raise the limit somewhere in the range of 15-20 decals. This would allow more flexibility, while still providing a large benefit for premium users. Plus, having such a small limit seems odd when paired with the (theoretically) infinite decal limit for clothing.

without premium each item of clothing is limited to 3 symbols of up to 25 layers each iirc, not really close to infinite

i go back and forth on this tbh, as someone with both premium and f2p accounts you definitely feel the difference - but isnt that the point?

and customization is a pretty large draw (or it was, when this game wasn’t at rock bottom) for new players, so limiting it feels counterproductive, but at the same time every increase in f2p access directly devalues premium  

ultimately i guess premium isn’t really a big moneymaker (further supported by orbits intentions to lower the price of premium when/if the riot pass is implemented) and the game is in a pretty bad state anyway, giving something to f2p players probably won’t hurt 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, xPanzerShrekx said:

15-20 decals

I dont know about changing it to that much , but it is difficult to make a decent looking car with such a low number

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

without premium each item of clothing is limited to 3 symbols of up to 25 layers each iirc, not really close to infinite

i go back and forth on this tbh, as someone with both premium and f2p accounts you definitely feel the difference - but isnt that the point?

and customization is a pretty large draw (or it was, when this game wasn’t at rock bottom) for new players, so limiting it feels counterproductive, but at the same time every increase in f2p access directly devalues premium  

ultimately i guess premium isn’t really a big moneymaker (further supported by orbits intentions to lower the price of premium when/if the riot pass is implemented) and the game is in a pretty bad state anyway, giving something to f2p players probably won’t hurt 

Must have forgotten about the limit, thanks for the heads up.

Hello

I have moved this topic to the Game Suggestions section.

- Mina_

• Thanks 1

it's a bit tight rn but you can still make a decent looking car if you put some effort into it. also, it's one of the few real reasons left to buy premium - and it doesn't provide any competetive advantage. you don't buy the game, you don't have to buy guns or anything - how does a company make profits then? 

try asking valve to remove skins in csgo.

i think this is one of those "things" that get you into at least trying out premium for a month.

is that bad? or tricky?

maybe...

but you have to remember, with the game being free-to-play there just has to be stuff like this to make income. and it does seem pretty reasonable to allow you to customize with limitations in clothing and autos unless you opt to upgrade. you get the taste for what is possible and if you want something more, you can do it for a price.

remember, you can pop premium on for a month... do all your edits you want and then let it go away. you can't edit what you did once it expires, but you can at least make the mods you wanted. and, in the meantime you can gain some serious "points" all the way around if you play while being a premium member.

One on the hood, one on the roof, another on the back and two on each side. 25 shapes each symbol. Yes, it's a little pixelated but it works. 

Plus, i like the challenge of trying to make a car look good with freemium. In my opinion, when you have 50 symbols you can place it gets a little overwhwelming. 

I'm not saying that they shouldn't increase the limit, but i'm fine with how it is currently. Maybe 1 more symbol for the back and front, making it 9 symbols total could work. But let's not undervalue premium here.

If you want more pay for it like we all did. Apb is not your mom, get a job kid.