gordIsMyName

Colby RSA 'Hunter'

most of us have used this gun in various unique game modes or challenges. every time i get the gun in one of those modes i'm always like "I HATE THIS THING".

but, you know... i think a lot of that is coming from the fact the game play going on isn't conventional. it's people running around with the same gun or in a very "non-APB" way. 20 people in a circle with as high scope weapon is a tad rough 😉

i am considering adding this gun during this summer sale. i like the idea of a hard hitting, high scope 2nd weapon especially using the SMG (especially especially using the norsemen series).

what do you guys think of the gun? good, or should it just be used as a prop an 80's movie 🙂

high mag scope is easily a contender for worst mod, maybe only tied with heavy barrel 

with a render distance of 100m (and the rsa only having a 70m damage dropoff) there’s just no reason anyone needs so much magnification

the “scoped” view is clunky (poor UI design, poor to no visibility in certain areas, extreme tunnel vision) at best

it’s a redundant mod, with the same accuracy modifiers as hs3

the lack of hipfire crosshairs is just an unnecessary extra nerf to whatever you put hms on 

the rsa itself struggles to kill in 3 shots, as it has low overdamage, a high ttk and ca3 exists

the same low overdamage prevents the rsa from being used much past it’s dropoff range, iirc it’s an extra shot to kill for every meter past 70m

• Like 4

Personally, I'd prefer a single open slot RSA that was skin-able. The high mag scope and naff safari skin on the Hunter made me go for the Commander, which is a bit too Old West for my taste; but there is no other option if you don't want to lease an RSA every 10 days. 

Go ahead, Armas, make my day!

• Like 1

RSA: Titan is the best RSA, no need to spend g1c on a not so great gun with a bad mod, It's only 1k ingame dollars a day to rent, ain't that bad really.

Ahh, the good old hunter. On its release day, everyone and their mother complained about how bad it was and why you would even attempt to put such a mod on the RSA, and why the hell it had no actual scope on the model.

The golden response from some G1 dev: "it doesn't need a scope, the skin makes it unique"

1 hour ago, MaxJedburgh said:

Personally, I'd prefer a single open slot RSA that was skin-able. The high mag scope and naff safari skin on the Hunter made me go for the Commander, which is a bit too Old West for my taste; but there is no other option if you don't want to lease an RSA every 10 days. 

Go ahead, Armas, make my day!

While that would be awesome, the UI doesn't support modding secondaries.

7 minutes ago, Acornie said:

RSA: Titan is the best RSA, no need to spend g1c on a not so great gun with a bad mod, It's only 1k ingame dollars a day to rent, ain't that bad really.

There's really no need to spend 10k when a 4k gun does the same because HS1 barely changes anything and the gun remains inaccurate.

Can always buy a Colby Commander for cheap, it's permanent and has a sometimes useful mod.

20 minutes ago, GhosT said:

There's really no need to spend 10k when a 4k gun does the same because HS1 barely changes anything and the gun remains inaccurate.

Can always buy a Colby Commander for cheap, it's permanent and has a sometimes useful mod.

I dunno, with Apb's RNG I've gone back and forth between the two variants enough to feel like it's worth that extra money to have even the slightest better chance of landing a shot, plus that +5 degrees more zoom feels better to me. So unless you are really strapped for cash/saving up for something I don't see why you wouldn't pay a lil more

10 hours ago, Glaciers said:

high mag scope is easily a contender for worst mod, maybe only tied with heavy barrel 

with a render distance of 100m (and the rsa only having a 70m damage dropoff) there’s just no reason anyone needs so much magnification

the “scoped” view is clunky (poor UI design, poor to no visibility in certain areas, extreme tunnel vision) at best

the lack of hipfire crosshairs is just an unnecessary extra nerf to whatever you put hms on 

the rsa itself struggles to kill in 3 shots, as it has low overdamage, a high ttk and ca3 exists

the same low overdamage prevents the rsa from being used much past it’s dropoff range, iirc it’s an extra shot to kill for every meter past 70m

сомнительный ответ 

18 hours ago, Glaciers said:

There is one reason. While I usually use the DMR-AV, i do have a HMS SD ready in case I get a really sweet spot. The zoom becomes useful because there is a sweetspot right outside render distance where you no longer see names, but you can still hurt people. It's still a bad mod but when you use it in those situations the extra zoom makes is significantly more easy to two shot at that range.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Glaciers said:

Exactly. You can buy a gaming monitor with a build-in crosshair or just put a piece of something that sticks to the center of the screen.

My bad, GhosT. It was wishful thinking on my part. A plain skin-able RSA would suffice.

Running with a six shot long barrel .44 fits my "Dirty Harry" self imposed role-play. Doesn't need a mod slot, though I have dropped a crim and the crim standing behind them with 5 shots of the Commander's fixed AP mod. Got lucky, they'd taken fall damage.

7 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Anybody feel like giving me one to "test it out"

There's a free trial option on Armas, Fortune. Or around $2 for 30 days.

https://www.gamersfirst.com/marketplace/ingame/product_details.php?storetype=g1c&gameID=20&catID=63&subcatID=202&productId=2616

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaxJedburgh said:

There's a free trial option on Armas, Fortune. Or around $2 for 30 days.

I was kidding

just a joke about walking away with it.

Dark humor.

i dont like the hunter, it makes me dizzy

On 7/7/2019 at 3:41 PM, Glaciers said:

high mag scope is easily a contender for worst mod,

What did you just say heretic?

I play this secondary a lot when using close/medium range weapons such as Carbine/STAC/ACES. High Magnification Scope makes it harder to use in many situations but I feel like that is an acceptable tradeoff for having nearly 30% better accuracy than the Titan, making it the most accurate sidearm in the game. Obviously HS3 would be a better mod, even though it would make it borderline pay to win compared to the regular RSA and Titan, since RSA hipfire is rarely useful. 

As for the model I do agree it was just plain lazy and it should be reworked. It feels as if whoever conceived the weapon did not know that scoped revolvers are actually a thing in real life. Not only that, but APB has several revolver type weapons and none of them have received a scope yet. 

The main problem with the entire RSA family is that with its slow firerate and low overkill damage, it makes it easy for an opponent to hide and regenerate, especially with CA3. I believe the RSA should have its damage increased to 449, a generous improvement but 1 point short of introducing new quickswitching mechanics involving the Scout.

Edited by Lyfeld
  • Thanks 1

reminder it's very easily possible to add a scope to the current RSA without breaking the rest of skins on it