Sign in to follow this  
niblyv

VERY VERY CLOSE

2 hours ago, iPlumbum said:

This is valuable information, thank you for providing this.

Heres another valuable bit of info:

If you took all the red blood cells in a child's body and laid them end to end... you would be charged with murder. 

Edited by CookiePuss

4 minutes ago, iPlumbum said:

This is valuable information, thank you for providing this.

please don’t encourage him, he’ll start to think his posts are valuable 

• Like 1

something has to be done about the cringey forum spammers aswell that derail every thread

go shitpost in discord man ur a disgrace

• Like 3

The way to look at any noticeable changes to APB is like having few guys with some hand tools and a haynes manual doing service on a 747.

Edited by Chinook
  • Like 1

Just now, BXNNXD said:

This is true, it is best not to encourage me. 

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Heres another valuabe bit of info:

If you took all the red blood cells in a child's body and laid them end to end... you would be charged with murder. 

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

I have been giving information to avoid getting caught for murder, this is very valuable.

1 minute ago, iPlumbum said:

I have been giving information to avoid getting caught for murder, this is very valuable.

You know what?

Thats a very good point!

Guys, I don't want to be forced to remove posts. I understand you don't like threads like these, but please let's have OP have the discussion about this topic. 

• Like 5

From what I'm gathering, the OP just seems impatient. Just be patient man, let Little Orbit do what they need to do. I would rather have a patch with BattlEye done correctly rather than a rushed patch with multiple bugs and issues. Little Orbit isn't a huge company, while I think many people think they have lots of staff, they're wrong. Allow them to work, constantly posting on the forums complaining isn't helping the process go any faster. It'll be done when it's done...I don't get why this is so hard for people to understand and be patient. 

'Very very close' but having no release date is perfectly reasonable; snags could happens, complications could arise. As much as I want Battleye and the engine update to be out yesterday, there's nothing contradictory or to be upset about from those statements ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm all for a good civilized argument but these posts just make me mad, Battleye is easily the strictest anti-cheat out there and for that it's one of the best. Battleye requires EXTENSIVE testing as many other people have said and chances are they're in the testing phase at this point, as much as I'd like a patch for Battleye to come out tomorrow so I can get my account back I'm perfectly fine with waiting another few weeks on a polished Battleye.

Edited by Coolmint
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, niblyv said:

lol go play on jericho and tell me the game is going uphill, its fucking unplayable bro

They acquired the game May 10th. BattlEye was announced to be 3/4 done on May 25th. 3/4th done in 15 days, now 10 days later and it still isn't finished and he still can't tell his poor playerbase when it might come out? Come on

game is going uphill because of our hopes and dreams, and not wanting to let apb go tbh. not because LO did anything other than having fluent communication with us (which is a lot, considering where we come from, but should be somewhat normal in any other case)

that said, i think less than a month is too soon to judge them

2 hours ago, niblyv said:

you probably should say nothing at all

then we'll complain about them not communicating/giving info 😂

Edited by gogol

As a Computer Science student, Software does not work 100% of the time. If you fix an error in your code, two more appear, blah blah blah.

What I'm saying is, a large endeavor like this takes time. Patience is a virtue, and if you don't want to play the game until there's an update, go ahead. All your stuff will still be here. Take a break from the game.

If you don't want to take a break, then keep playing. I have a friend that can't play missions, his internet disconnects him every time he plays in a missions district. He spends time in social making themes. (search him up: iry. )(shameless friend promotion).

On top of complaining about hacking. Sure broadcasts are still disabled, and will forever be. However, with the communication they [Little Orbit] have brought forth, I trust them for the time being, hopefully the future, and that they have FairFight enabled. It's going to be tough for an untuned system (over a year mind you) to catch cheaters efficiently. There are still cheating bans likely being handed out, and rules being enforced by the new team. However, it's not automatic, and it's not fast.

I'm not going to tell you what to do, other than simply asking that you wait for a bit. Let them give us the first new update to the game. They have told us that the next patch/update will be with BattlEye. It's their priority right now. Once that is set, and everything has become stone, then if you have issues with their management, criticize them. Petition and debate, whilst being respectful  (because some of the community can't even do that)

• Like 1

Can this community be less dramatic and more welcoming to the new company? damn. people here think the sun shines from their patootie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lixil said:

Guys, I don't want to be forced to remove posts. I understand you don't like threads like these, but please let's have OP have the discussion about this topic. 

I am all for discussion, but OP didn't prompt any discussion, it's just bashing of LO and people saying he's impatient. There's general lack of civility to the post, while other similar posts are genuine. This is probably one that should be locked from the get after a response from staff.

Edited by Rumple
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rumple said:

I am all for discussion, but OP didn't prompt any discussion, it's just bashing of LO and people saying he's impatient. There's general lack of civility to the post, while other similar posts are genuine. This is probably one that should be locked from the get after a response from staff.

I'd like your post if I could, but I'm all out for today.

Also, conversation has seem to run it's course. If a GM or staff wish to reply, but lock afterwards.

Please stay on-topic. These forums are about communication and discussion. I've deleted a few posts and will be issuing infractions. The next time this thread goes off-topic it will be closed and offenders will have heavier punishments. You all know the rules by now and should not need verbal warnings.

13 minutes ago, Pichu said:

Please stay on-topic. These forums are about communication and discussion. I've deleted a few posts and will be issuing infractions. The next time this thread goes off-topic it will be closed and offenders will have heavier punishments. You all know the rules by now and should not need verbal warnings.

Please do. I have seen countless thread now being driven off-topic completely by post-whores who post the most random shit just to increase their total post count. I am now seeing threads filled with the very same offenders.

I mean look at this one; 

Not only is it posted in the Social District sub-section where they know the post will get more attention and traction despite being an off-topic sub-section thread, every single person who has posted in there are the same people you'll find derailing threads with drivel and irrelevant shit to boost their post count. Haven't said anything until now but it's absolutely disgraceful and infuriating. Give these assholes a nice week ban from the forum, slow down their pointless whoring for post count.

• Like 1

Hi niblyv,

We are doing our best, and I can appreciate your frustration. We are banning people, but not fast enough.

I full understand that there is a rampant cheating problem right now.

Some of this has been posted elsewhere, but I'll repost it all in one place here, and then I'm going to lock this thread since I feel it has run its course.

- We finished with development and integration of BattlEye on Friday.

- We all worked the weekend doing some initial rounds of testing, but we keep turning up bugs - specifically false positive bans.

- I am reluctant to post exact dates on anything like this because (a) its our first patch (b) anti-cheat requires extensive testing and I don't want to get it wrong.

I will post an update with an exact date as soon as I know what that date will be.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 8
  • Thanks 18