xPanzerShrekx

What do you think about Car Surfer?

What do you think about Car Surfer?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Car Surfer?

• It's fine as-is.
    • The concept is fine, but it needs minor changes.
    • The concept is fine, but it needs major changes.
    • It should be removed.

From the perspectives I've found, this mod is quite controversial. So, I figured I would kickstart some discussion on this. I don't have personal experience using it as my rank is too low and I don't have it unlocked via contacts, but I'd like to get the community's perspective.

how is it controversial?

all u do is sit on a car

• Like 1

Ez kills 90% of the time, keep it as it is

Friendly reminder that if you use car surfer, it doesn't mean you have to ride on the roof every time.

Sure it looks cool, but often it ends with you being shot right off the car.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2

at this point its whatever

however maybe in the future after most of the major issues this game suffers from are fixed the carsurfer mod could be reworked to allow for more "realistic" implementations, through animations, mechanics, and other stuff

• Like 1

Would be nice if it was more anchored, so you don't slip off if the car gets more than a certain degree off-balance relative to ground level. Otherwise its whatever...

It's an exploit that lets players use restricted weapons while on a moving vehicle. It also negates the need for 4 door vehicles in some situations.

• Like 1

Poll is at 715% currently to leave it alone. Sounds right to me...

8 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

It's an exploit that lets players use restricted weapons while on a moving vehicle. It also negates the need for 4 door vehicles in some situations.

they should make available before r195 ,many r195+ like to run  with osmaw/volcano/alig in 4x4/coywolf/vegas/espacio/pioneer  and it is very hard or impossible to stop them when u are low rank

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Friendly reminder that if you use car surfer, it doesn't mean you have to ride on the roof every time.

Misinformation like this makes me question how you were ever allowd to be a SPCT honestly, some people...

I like the fact criminals constantly have car surfer equipped the amount of times I've gotten kills assisted by my good buddy "Gravity" is higher then i bother to count.

The mod stops you from using happy landings that's it's downside.

it makes anyone surfing an open target but exasperates the gap between low rank and high rank players.

High rank players already know more about the game than new players, giving the high ranks access to a mod that now lets them shoot rockets or destroy cars with an Alig in a game that often involves racing... not a good thing.

reduce all modification use to rank 85.  Keeping mods limited to rank 195 is too high.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, RCooper said:

they should make available before r195 ,many r195+ like to run  with osmaw/volcano/alig in 4x4/coywolf/vegas/espacio/pioneer  and it is very hard or impossible to stop them when u are low rank

it is available in the joker store .

22 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Misinformation like this makes me question how you were ever allowd to be a SPCT honestly, some people...

I like the fact criminals constantly have car surfer equipped the amount of times I've gotten kills assisted by my good buddy "Gravity" is higher then i bother to count.

The mod stops you from using happy landings that's it's downside.

pickups have beds actually...

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

it's impossible for sub rank 100s or new players to farm enough tickets to keep the game fair.  And driving off new players because they do not stand a chance against vets isn't really helping our population.

22 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

pickups have beds actually...

750 joker tickets per week,yep super reliable

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Glaciers said:

at this point its whatever

however maybe in the future after most of the major issues this game suffers from are fixed the carsurfer mod could be reworked to allow for more "realistic" implementations, through animations, mechanics, and other stuff

No thanks, that's just adding issues. Arcadey gameplay is not a bad thing - it's one of the strong points that makes for smooth pvp.

Just leave that stupid realism with clunky/slow animations out the door... 

Edited by TheJellyGoo
  • Like 1

One change I'd like for Car Surfer is to stop the automatic banning of it from most Holiday Events. 

The only reason Car Surfer is "OP" is because it turns a disorganised group into a slightly more organised group which we all know for the ntec+perc metas means death, so it gets a ton of hate.

As far as allowing "restricted"/heavy guns on vehicles - I'd like to keep that and even go a step further.

Edited by KnifuWaifu

7 hours ago, Zolerox said:

where exactly is the misinformation here?

6 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

No thanks, that's just adding issues. Arcadey gameplay is not a bad thing - it's one of the strong points that makes for smooth pvp.

Just leave that stupid realism with clunky/slow animations out the door... 

i didn’t mean realistic in the sense of obeying every law of physics, we have kevlar plastic surgery mods and magical healing gas after all - that’s why realistic was in quotes, the idea is to have carsurfer be a little more immersive and polished rather than the half-assed value change it is now

animations don’t have to slow down gameplay; the initial pump shotgun animation, any objective animation, switching shoulders, all these have pretty much no effect on gameplay - something like your character bracing themselves in a more stable position, or visually swaying slightly with vehicle movement wouldn’t interfere with gameplay at all

and since carsurfer is locked to r195, a mechanic could be added to certain vehicles (trucks/vans/SUVs) to allow heavy weapons to be used from the trunk/bed, almost like a 5th seat - iirc this has been asked for a lot over the years 

i’m aware that all this is unnecessary, carsurfer is “fine” as is, but that’s why i suggested it way in the future 

Edited by Glaciers
typo

i like it. comments about adding more 'physics' is spot on.

i generally like it when people do use it because i can shoot them off the car 'easy pickins' style. you are literally standing unprotected on top of a car lol.

this is sorta crazy... but amazingly, i have never used it!!!  seems my joker tickets are always spent faster than i can make them. crazy eh?

i promise to try it though 🙂

its fine as is

being able to use any pri weapon or not limited by the car door/windows shooting angle is countered by the odds of being tossed off, roadkill and an easy target to enemies

7 hours ago, illgot said:

it's impossible for sub rank 100s or new players to farm enough tickets to keep the game fair.  And driving off new players because they do not stand a chance against vets isn't really helping our population.

I did it all the time.

too many ways to get jt

13 minutes ago, ffejrxx said:

its fine as is

being able to use any pri weapon or not limited by the car door/windows shooting angle is countered by the odds of being tossed off, roadkill and an easy target to enemies

except it makes it impossible for low rank players to complete in missions that involve vehicles.

Watch a team of car surfers with Aligs, OSMAWs, OPGLs, etc utterly destroy a team of players that do not have access to it.

And to have access to it for sub rank 195s, they have to buy it every week for 250 JT.  For sub rank 100s that is a lot of play time to afford one of many mods which can have a significant impact on game play.

I would be fine with the mod if it were freely available to all players like the other rank III mods (rank 85 requirement).

6 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I did it all the time.

too many ways to get jt

Are you on Jericho, how many hours do you play daily?  How high of rank were you when "I did it all the time"?

I have a few characters I keep below rank 100 they can gain access to 10-15 JTs per contact.  Unless you are playing a lot and have access to higher rank contacts, you are only farming around 30 JTs a day sporadically.

The system is fine for those playing a lot, leveling up quickly, and on every day, but it is not sustainable for retaining new players who tend to play more casually.

On Jericho our population is low, maybe 1 full bronze district and close to full silver district at prime.  We have a massive issue with player retention and the current rank 195 requirement isn't helping when people feel powerless to compete.

Edited by illgot

7 minutes ago, illgot said:

Watch a team of car surfers with Aligs, OSMAWs, OPGLs, etc utterly destroy a team of players that do not have access to it.

And I would be watching people who don't know how to play the game, and who would have lost regardless. 

Edited by CookiePuss

(Since this is still a topic being discussed I'll finally comment)

Due to some more egregiously unbalanced mods that take the forefront, car surf balance isn't really something I think about often. I'm all for changing up some 'status quo' mods, I honestly like my idea of the faster the car is moving the less accurate your gun is while on top of the car, but not by any crazy amount