LAPDAlonso

Supposely GM Abuse, Question about that GM and questions and Concern

Hello everyone, Hello Matt and Lixil.

I was just reading that thread about the Lag and GM abuse. I'm confused about one thing, Lixil said this:

After a quick investigation (on the correct server), it was deduced that a GM did, in fact, mess around with Shini. Effective immediately, Bas3, is no longer part of the GM team for Little Orbit and will not be welcome to apply for future roles of GM with the company. "

My first question, Was Bas3 a paid employee with the company ? or was this person someone who just applied online to be part of the GM community team?

The reason i ask and confused, because i thought GM community players aren't allowed to have admin tools and do actual GM duties?

Now if Bas3 was a real GM , an employee with the company, then i don't see why he was "fired" .  I mention this to you Lixil before, that I'm a GM myself and community manager for a few different gaming companies ATM and in the past, one of them was T3entertaiment and i use to work with Scapes, Tiggs knows him also from flagship, I'm also a ex dev for Terminal Reality(T2), there's nothing wrong with playing with the players using our admin tools for "fun or entertainment purposes", we just have to make sure we informed the public/community players in the game before we do it.

In the past with APB, there was someone name G1Zieu who i highly respect, but I'm not sure what happen to person, but i do know the day players were reporting him for using admin tools against the players. I really don't understand the logic by any player why they were get upset about it. If the argument about how Game Masters can't have fun and use them on players or in the environment around the players and "players" aren't allowed to do it, well that argument can not be be won. Players aren't allowed to use them , period

Now my Concern about allow players who are not employed with the company to have GM titles(red tags) or even GM roles should not be allowed. No offense Little Orbit, but you're just asking for trouble when you make these decisions. You shouldn't allow anyone who is not on your payroll to be allow any have any GM powers or GM roles. New players already get help in the game by other players, this is nothing new. Players take the time, well those players who are willing to report players for suspicious activity or whatever already do this. You shouldn't have to have players apply for a certain role to be able to do these things, which both those things are already being done. Even myself, I'm sure you can check the log on how many players i have reported under my character name LAPDAlonzo, and i have the evidence to back up every player who i think is cheating. You want names, clan names, rank numbers, videos, i have them. You don't need to have player GM's in the game, when the players ourselves are willing to report people or even help new players.  Now you can do whatever you like, but I'm just saying be very wary about how you do things.

I say be wary, because some of the players will try to fool you. A player who cheats will always cheat, period. They can't hep themselves, either they suck so bad at life or in the game, they have to use cheats to win or to get to the top. You guys are talking about unbanning players, that is what they are waiting for. I personal think its a bad mistake, but its pretty obvious you want to get them a second chance, and due to the low population , you will see an increase in playerbase. If you want to see a real increase in playerbase, the best thing to do is to release the engine upgrade, bring back the old threat system or something similar to it, new content in general, and promote it everywhere, including on steam, you will see a huge increase in player-base.

................................................................................

Anyways to end this, I'm just letting you guys know that don't be stupid ( not implying that you are) and don't fall for everything. Players who cheat are criminals, period(be careful on giving them a second chance).  Second, a GM using his powers against players is not a violation of a Game Master duties.( you may have mix views about this, remember i said what happen to G1Zieu, he did nothing wrong IMO).  And last, To Lixil and Matt, i think you both are doing a great job of handling "certain" things, don't let any players bother you with any nonsense. The comments in that thread was honestly disgusting to read, and i know you Lixil apologized for that "player GM" ( i'm assuming bas3 is? ) was behaving. The only people you should be concern about are players using any cheats/hacks/3rd party tools and i think one of yall said credit card fraud ( seriously people actually do that? are they that low of a person? )

This is just my opinion and my opinion alone. But if a GM who works for little orbit wants to have fun and use his or tools against players, or whatever, that's fine, but that GM should always informed the public about it first or ask the players in the game if its cool to do. But even if he or she does not, it shouldn't bother the players, what happen to everyone sense of humor? In the past, i clearly seen most of the players enjoy some of the past GM's roaming around in the district, playing around. But there's always some players out there who don't support it/accept it. But that shouldn't mean that GM should be fired or let go because of it. I can tell you like this, in the past when there were alot of GM's in the game, players felt at ease knowing that there are GM's in the game, and if a player is cheating, that GM or even dev will banned them. I think You Matt said the team has to be careful on who to ban, well that's not true. I'm not sure how well you are at detecting someone using a cheat, but its very easy to do it. The problem with APB, there's alot of people who do cheat and won't take responsibility for what they do and try to make you feel like you're the one that is wrong. Now some of them are giving a second chance soon lol, not a wise idea. One of my clan members caught someone cheating the other night using a Stabba, that player was a low rank silver, that player was on a team with another player who just happen to be a rank 255, and that rank 255 player was training the silver. So you have to cheaters right there, because the rank 255 has to know what the player he or she is training is doing. It doesn't take long to figure out how criminals behaved and how they try to look less suspicious about their activities.

Cheating in online games is never going to go away, period. Its everywhere, even worse in games like fortnite and pubg. You have over a million people who use hacks in PUBG, that should tell you something right there. There's alot of evil people in this world without a good conscience. So my advice, you should never allow any player who is not with your company , an non employee to become a GM in any sense of the word. Take care and good luck with your game. I am not playing APB atm, decided i will come back once the engine upgrade is release and a better threat system, no telling how long that's going to be. But hope everything works out. If you want to closed this post, that's up to yall, just read it before you do.

• Like 1

jesus christ i need bullet points man

summarize

• Like 1

Can this subject die now, after Matt said they dealt with it and sucked it up? Jesus christ.

they apologized and learned from the mistake. They know there is a time and place for "fun".

honestly, we dont need lapdalonzo and his many different backstories complimenting a story that has been discussed. Can we move on?

thank lust for posting the clips, Shini for being cool about it, and LO investigating and responding with an open mind. While shini and lust may feel bad over the outcome, its a lesson that need to be had.

hell, Last thing we need is 6months in and alonzo as GM here.

• Like 1

I know a really good quote on the already closed discussion, but can't find a good video of it. (And it needs the video to be delivered properly.)

Maybe I'll add it here if I ever find it, unless of course this gets locked way before that because after all this is something you could easily interprent as "reposting closed thread".

I don't think there is anything more to discuss about the previous thread, it kinda has it all covered...

Hello everyone,

First, I want to start off by saying I am very sorry.

By no means can or should my GMs interfere with any players ability to complete a mission.

After a quick investigation (on the correct server), it was deduced that a GM did, in fact, mess around with Shini.

Effective immediately, Bas3, is no longer part of the GM team for Little Orbit and will not be welcome to apply for future roles of GM with the company.

Myself and the whole team at Little Orbit, sincerely apologize to Shini and the community as a whole.

Thanks everyone,
Lixil 

LO overreacted, poor GM.

Edited by xNyuu

2 minutes ago, xNyuu said:

Hello everyone,

First, I want to start off by saying I am very sorry.

By no means can or should my GMs interfere with any players ability to complete a mission.

After a quick investigation (on the correct server), it was deduced that a GM did, in fact, mess around with Shini.

Effective immediately, Bas3, is no longer part of the GM team for Little Orbit and will not be welcome to apply for future roles of GM with the company.

Myself and the whole team at Little Orbit, sincerely apologize to Shini and the community as a whole.

Thanks everyone,
Lixil 

LO overreacted, poor GM.

It looks like a trap from shini and lust... shinni would ask a gm to play with them, lust would record and bam gm down.

Now that i think about it, poor gm was trying to be nice.

But thats a reason why not to add powers to a volunteer gm, ban, either kick.

I think someone with security or law enforcement experience should be gm, namely me. Thanks, promise only to drink on saturday.

Honestly I think LO handled this as well as they possibly could and it's commendable that they gave an apology and promised that they'll take action against it in the future. I think if you're a GM you should fully be expected to use your powers responsibly: This means not messing with them unless given explicit permission by a superior. The only time you should see something out of the ordinary if you're a normal gamer is during announced events featuring GMs - otherwise they should be heard, not seen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Songbearer said:

Honestly I think LO handled this as well as they possibly could and it's commendable that they gave an apology and promised that they'll take action against it in the future. I think if you're a GM you should fully be expected to use your powers responsibly: This means not messing with them unless given explicit permission by a superior. The only time you should see something out of the ordinary if you're a normal gamer is during announced events featuring GMs - otherwise they should be heard, not seen.

This is pretty spot on.

Why would you insult id people?

Comeon, are you trying to act here? We know lust is not new around this community, he knows we would freak out by seeing a gm interfering with missions again, and he posted it with all the intention 😉

I doubted Matt for a second and made Matt lose his time, how could make us go through all this? How dare him...

I was not wrong into thinking about blocking streamers... they will spam their channels like we are seeing lately and bring these kind of stuff.

Now shinni has more viewers and we triggered our ptsd.

EDIT: I am waiting for lust to apology to the community and the gm fired, who only tried to be playful.

I'm not spamming my channel but you sure are spamming bullshoot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Why would you insult id people?

Comeon, are you trying to act here? We know lust is not new around this community, he knows we would freak out by seeing a gm interfering with missions again, and he posted it with all the intention 😉

I doubted Matt for a second and made Matt lose his time, how could make us go through all this? How dare him...

I was not wrong into thinking about blocking streamers... they will spam their channels like we are seeing lately and bring these kind of stuff.

Now shinni has more viewers and we triggered our ptsd.

EDIT: I am waiting for lust to apology to the community and the gm fired, who only tried to be playful.

Is it insulting if its true? I always wondered that.

If the GM wanted to be playful, next time he can go tickle his own ballsack instead of fucking about with peoples missions.

3 minutes ago, iPlumbum said:

If the GM wanted to be playful, next time he can go tickle his own ballsack instead of fucking about with peoples missions.

No kidding, it creates panic and looks extremely unprofessional. What if people had money riding on that match? Maybe it was a clan match? Terrible...

• Like 1

l o l

what a good first impression

Just now, Taj said:

l o l

what a good first impression

G1 has done much, much, worse. I will keep them honest.

18 minutes ago, Shini said:

I'm not spamming my channel but you sure are spamming bullshoot.

Are you sure about after all what just happened?

See the other day another guy posted about "x streamer liked my customization xD", and i just asked if it was not spam to link channels outside the proper subforum... and then "BECAUSE OF THIS GUY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS, BLAH BLAH BLAH". Rly?

What if i start posting about what summitg1c likes? Would anyone care at all?

Subtle spam still spam.

14 minutes ago, iPlumbum said:

How disrespectful...

Edited by LuzExtinguido

Your words are inspiring

...look what a beautiful wall ...

GxCQ57j.png

...of text I made too.

Edited by Salvick
Edit: sorry, I usually don't do this, but I had to. >.<

Just now, LuzExtinguido said:

Are you sure about all what just happened?

See the other day another guy posted about "x streamer liked my customization xD", and i just asked if it was not spam to link channels outside the proper subforum... and then "BECAUSE OF THIS GUY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS, BLAH BLAH BLAH". Rly?

Subtle spam still spam.

zQUh8bB.png

• Like 1

Please Mods, close this thread before this gets any more ridiculous...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Are you sure about all what just happened?

Subtle spam still spam.

36c0af67ecf34b1a747d976ba397e131.jpg