Sign in to follow this  
Seedy

Click Bait posts dont deserve our attention - sub 20 posts cant start thread please

Why do I see regulars here (like me) posting back to LO harassment posts from people who have less than say around 10 posts in total on the forums. Surely these people are obviously remaking accounts then just posting crap about LO to get LOs back and our up? On allot of forums, people with a low reputation cant start threads. Please set this up here. If you dont have around 20 posts in the forums, you cant start a thread. Its normal practice.

Isnt there 2 level authentication for accounts ? Dont you have to verify an account with a phone number or something?

Edited by Seedy
  • Like 1

just ban seedy from viewing the forums at all, then everyone’s problems will be solved 

on a serious note, iirc the first post of a new account has to be approved by moderators anyway, so there’s already a filter on new accounts

it’s not like these new members have less of a right to voice their opinion just because they have a 2019 join date - after all the end goal of apb development is to get thousands of new players 

57 minutes ago, Gro said:

I think you just пукнул

ha ha!

42 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

just ban seedy from viewing the forums at all, then everyone’s problems will be solved 

on a serious note, iirc the first post of a new account has to be approved by moderators anyway, so there’s already a filter on new accounts

it’s not like these new members have less of a right to voice their opinion just because they have a 2019 join date - after all the end goal of apb development is to get thousands of new players 

thats already been tried (Circa 2014 - 2018)

didnt know the first post has to be approved. Does sign up need two factor authentication though? I signed up many years ago so not something I would know.

<--- the biggest trolls have been around for nearly a decade.

Edited by illgot

Hello

I have moved this topic to the Forums Suggestions section.

- Mina_

14 hours ago, Glaciers said:

First post does require mod/admin approval. I would know :^)

A lot of players don't use the forums, and only start using it when there is an issue, so banning anyone with less than 20 posts from starting a thread would negate the purpose of them coming to the forums and would send another message saying "you are not welcome in our community".  With the population as low as it is already in-game, we don't need another reason to lose players.

Speaking from my own experience ... back around 2011-2013 I had an account on the forums but I stopped playing the game and hence stopped frequenting the forums.  Then when I started playing again earlier this month, I tried to re-log in to the forums, only to find I can't use my old forums account (which has a fair number of posts / threads) so had to use this new one.  I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this.

All that being said, IMO anything we can do to help keep and increase population in this game is of more importance than the number of posts people have on their forum accounts.

On 7/31/2019 at 8:10 AM, LewdLemming said:

A lot of players don't use the forums, and only start using it when there is an issue, so banning anyone with less than 20 posts from starting a thread would negate the purpose of them coming to the forums and would send another message saying "you are not welcome in our community".  With the population as low as it is already in-game, we don't need another reason to lose players.

Speaking from my own experience ... back around 2011-2013 I had an account on the forums but I stopped playing the game and hence stopped frequenting the forums.  Then when I started playing again earlier this month, I tried to re-log in to the forums, only to find I can't use my old forums account (which has a fair number of posts / threads) so had to use this new one.  I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this.

All that being said, IMO anything we can do to help keep and increase population in this game is of more importance than the number of posts people have on their forum accounts.

I agree with this, having non-toxic player unable to voice their ideas and opinions because of a few bad apples (or maybe a lot of bad apples, im kinda new to the forums lol) sounds bad. I don't agree with censorship, but there should definitely be a limit on certain places especially when what's being said doesnt promote productivity in a place for suggestions and help. That doesnt mean outright denying a certian group of people from voicing these opinions because they may fall into a category of trolls, I really think there is an alternate solution to this that would have a much better outcome.