MattScott

New Anti DDoS is live

Server did lag a few times, then EAC would kick you with a "Connection timeout" message. It was especially interesting when one of the GM was lagging in front of Double B during the event. *cough* Overall, great improvement and noticeably better than before.

Jericho Baylan is unplayable right now. Doesn't seem anything has changed :c

Well thx for ur hard work guys i appreciate that i used to play this game since 2011 i got an account at jericho and it`s called Joker at past and it was EU server Now its NA server so i left ma account and made another one so now maybe i could play back again 🙂

On 7/4/2019 at 4:38 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

As of 8am we went live with the new Anti DDoS solution.

The team has been monitoring all afternoon, and it’s looking good so far. Seeing some nice low latency just in time for the holiday weekend.

For those US-based Jericho players who have been frustrated, I encourage you to give it a shot.

Do you still have the receipt for it?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, realBing said:

Do you still have the receipt for it?

all sales are final 

Anyone checked the latency? (Like, what Matt posted?)

This could be interesting, as in, people did lag and crash other game-servers before without the need of using any sort of ddos. Most of the time it's to exploit stuff as well. Anyway, interesting update. Could just still be a giant ddos ofc.

Edited by Jazeker
:o

new mitigation working great now all you have to do is get the servers to stop crashing xDDDDDDDD

i get better reg on EU than NA noice

On 7/6/2019 at 2:34 AM, Helix Reloaded said:

Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I'm in mid-west Canada and I get 40-80ms on Jericho and around 120-150 on Citadel, so this sounds like an internet issue on your end.

Japan.

NA was 150 and now 270ms , EU is 280 same as before.

And my friend have same issue.

Around 300ms is unlayable for me.

I'm a former Han server player from Australia, on Jericho, still (as of yesterday) experiencing latency spikes from a baseline 450ms up past 500. Over 500ms and I lose vehicle control while driving, or am locked out of vehicles if I'm on foot.

Things are rough for players on the far side of the Pacific from the NA server, currently.

I'm grinding JT to unlock a Coywolf on one of my characters, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever be able to drive it when I do.

All I know to do is log in and see how it is, day to day. It's been a week of hell, so far.

Doing my best to keep the faith, all the same.

Am I wasting my time?

9275/10000 JT

Edited by MaxJedburgh
Legibility

i think i might just quit this laggy apb server and go back to retail apb

The servers still have issues hitting people standing still, so are we finally getting to the point where we are "realizing" the servers are actually shit?

Even though they have been for years.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

to g1c times I had on Citadel Latency 25ms (without ddos) I do not know what you do Little Orbit but now I have to play with 60ms! Whenever I hide behind a wall I die. Maybe my hitbox is bigger than an elephant or it is because of the delay. I know others still have a much higher ping but it annoys extremely! 

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone who sent me latencyreports over the holiday. We are using that data to do more tuning on the solution.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone who sent me latencyreports over the holiday. We are using that data to do more tuning on the solution.

Thanks,

Matt

What about lost premium time?

• Like 1

I once lost like a month of prem and then i see these guys asking for prem for a few days... how do you pretend me to hold all these direct insults? 

Heck i lost more than that with their crapy weapon "balance".

36 minutes ago, BlueB said:

I once lost like a month of prem and then i see these guys asking for prem for a few days... how do you pretend me to hold all these direct insults? 

Heck i lost more than that with their crapy weapon "balance".

That's a significant loss. If I were in your shoes, I would've sought out some sort of compensation.

I literally decided before these last few days that I wouldn't play the game for a year, so that the new owners Little Orbit and MattScott would have time to fix the issues in the game. If I wanted to truly be hostile, I would opt for asking for that years worth of time back.

But I felt it reasonable to only ask for these last few days to be compensated. As MattScott told us that while we were under a DDOS attack, that this "solution" was functioning and that it was more likely latency in this thread. Then now on another thread, he admits to the game being under DDOS attack over the holiday weekend.

And now in another thread, he has openly told the community that an issue dating back to January 2018 has flooded support to the point, where now the response time is finally down to 3 weeks. This is regarding the massive password reset GamersFirst did, which then in turn caused many players to lose access to their account. Slowly issues are adding up both from the past and present, many players are losing out on premium time on accounts that they can't access also.

There should be more outrage. But I'm willing to settle for what I can negotiate for. If that's a few days for a tiny bit of the massive amount of trouble, so be it.

If you don't get that premium back, I'm sorry about your loss of game time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,

Matt

good job 🙂

Reminder that premium costs like a quarter per day. 

For anyone asking for compensation. 

7 minutes ago, Seedy said:

heres looking at you Zian! FWA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA 

A reminder that a customer has to purchase more than a quarters worth of G1C before acquiring any premium time to begin with. To purchase one months worth you have to spend $10.00 USD.

Your immaturity is boundless, if you're laughing at this. 

Jericho getting ddosed again.

clearly new anti ddos isn't working.

2 hours ago, Zian said:

A reminder that a customer has to purchase more than a quarters worth of G1C before acquiring any premium time to begin with. To purchase one months worth you have to spend $10.00 USD.

Your immaturity is boundless, if you're laughing at this. 

You said in a previous thread that yo7 don’t buy anything so why do you care? You are playing for free

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seedy said:

You said in a previous thread that yo7 don’t buy anything so why do you care? You are playing for free

Lol... Gottem

18 hours ago, Zian said:

What about lost premium time?

do you play every moment of every day? i cant count the amount of days premium i've lost by simply doing other things that day, they wont be reimbursing me for that, what have you "lost" for that premium time missed, did you just sit there starting at your desktop crying into a hot cup of coco wishing APB was playable? 

where have you been for the last 10 years? ... 

am i just being cynical? perhaps, it gets to all of us eventually. 

• Thanks 1