Sign in to follow this  
polotow

Add Events (races)

Once upon a time, far, far away, there was talk of a race district...

It would be cool to make it a reality

literally just financial or waterfront with checkpoints. No need for fancy walls or sh*t like that.

to top it off, let people try something they can't in the normal game.

Add a different race every week or month (or a playlist)

Fx:

dumptruck with Nos 3

calabria 4x4

• Like 3

Would be amazing as some kind of minigame in Social district, you queue until certain players in, and then Race.
Also, Social District could have more minigames and stuff to do 😄

• Like 1

I agree, racing would be cool.

Fun, different, refreshing.

Just to spice it up a little bit I think it would be a cool project after the engine update. Yeah, I might get some hate for saying it, but I feel like it would only make sense after.

I think adding "mini games" to social would also work @ZoriaDunne, since there was/is this big gambling trend with the /cointoss anyways.

Imagine playing "mini games" in social district for joker tickets if you are not into the whole fight club thing. They are also expanding the joker store, so I think it would be cool to see more ways to get the tickets if you are one of the "passive players".

They are changing the trees in social district and in few other spots across all districts with the engine update. That will reduce the amount of jumps you can do in social. I'm pretty sure no one really cares about this, but for a burnt out player like myself, it is important. Every time I showed someone a cool trick in social or a jump they always liked it. I love this "broken" element of the game. It always satisfied me when we discover some new ways to break the game and get to/on a spot we are not supposed to be in/on. (not including missions) With the new engine all these things might disappear. I also suggested to remove the out-of-bound outside the missions, so enable it when a mission is running but keep it disabled so we can do the 4x4 and the dump truck jumps again.

All these things might be gone with the engine update, so adding mini games to social, for example jump puzzles, hot lava >(maybe extend the district outside the dock area) and so on. You would get joker tickets for completing these mini games.

None of these would hurt the game financtially. With the racing districts/modes people would focus even more on the vehicle appearances. I can see people making racing teams (clans) and maybe even brands. I can see an increase of money spent in the armas marketplace with this mode.
With the "mini games" it's more about the inactive players becoming active again just to come up and chat/have fun more often. 

TL;DR I agree, we need more variety in this game.

• Like 3

We need more variety in APB as well as new content, but I think the community and Little Orbit need to stop and seriously reconsider what APB:Reloaded should be working towards after seeing the results of Riot after all that hard work leading up to it.

While we would all like to see new stuff like this, none of us want staff focused on something which is going to take a lot of work and time only for it to flop and act as a distraction to more important work that could be high priority or other new content which may actually be more successful.

My concern is that it would have the same outcome as Riot with a week of excitement of something new and then everything returns to normal.

Riot was meant to be potentially game changing for APB:Reloaded, Racing District is a catering to veteran players for the sake of a old meme, and to new players it would be a new mini game mode. But beyond that it doesn't have much value and it's not game changing enough to justify such a work demand on staff right now when APB is in a delicate state in my opinion.

Edited by VickyFox

I would like it as new game mode and not only as a event. It should be combined with the customization system of apb.

Also it need alot more than just adding the current vehicles to a race track (For example slipstream) to make the whole mode more interesting. (Imagine everyone driving with the same max speed which is boring)

But I also think if you give everyone the same vehicle it's a good start for the whole racing concept.

For example vegas race: Those who own a vegas can use their own designed car. Everyone else gets a preset vegas. (Which is also a good way to offer new players ARMAS cars)

Don't forget the platform for winner so everyone see their name, outfit, car, title and maybe clan.

podest-fuer-gewinner-business-infografik_6317-1638.jpg?size=338&ext=jpg
And in the background all other people. Because the customization is what makes apb special.

Give people the ability to bet on races and maybe even have weekly/montly global race events for top racer.

(Which lead me a another idea. Add trophies for winning races <or even achievements>. Then add a new display point that can be leased through marketplace to present some of your trophies to everyone. <Also add free trophy display points like the car, symbol and statue points at breakwater galleria>)

racing would really be cool. feels like a lot of the stuff is already in-game to make it happen?

@iTzBlackout Sounds cool, it reminds me of the GTA Online design, which is not a bad thing. They would have to polish it and an anti-ram system would also be appreciated with a mode like this.

Since this is APB, I can imagine a race mode where the Enfos and the Crims would have to play against each other in a "race", so more like a chase or something that makes sense.
If I remember correctly in NFS Rivals they had some gadgets you could activate and disable car functions or target a car and so on. Crims would have to outrun the Enfs and both sides would have specific gadgets to make it harder for the opposite side. I think it would be cool to see something like this in APB. This mode would fit in the game, but it would also require lots of polishing and balancing.

A simple race, is what we want. no need for gadgets, no need for chases. "so more like a chase or something that makes sense." thats like saying social dosen't make sense. Crims and cops in the same area.... Racing overall is something this game was meant to have, and why it dosen't i sure dont know, could be an addition to "fight club" a place to gain the JT. 

bruh if I wanna race I'll play a game that doesnt have shit vehicles with even shittier vehicle physics... you know, a racing game