Lixil

Firecrack'en event

TSkqE9E.png

Hello everyone,

On Thursday, July 4th we will be hosting a small 'get together' where you'll get to meet some of the game masters and staff in a bit of an atypical setting. The task will be to try and kill the GMs and staff while they are equipped with various developer modifications (also infamously known as Devlar). The GMs may shoot back, or may just run around you and make you dizzy. 

Every player who gets lucky enough to kill a GM or a staff member will receive a special title ('Firecracker' in golden color) - the titles will be given next Thursday. You will also have a chance to win one of the following: 500 G1C and gold weapon skin, 500 G1C and premium time, 3d glasses.

As previously stated the event will happen on July 4th. The location will be announced on the forums on the day of the event, so keep an eye out. The event is expected to last around 2 hours each.

The times are as following:
Citadel - 9 AM PT
Jericho - 4 PM PT

See you in the streets of San Paro!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Ooookay, that sounds interesting.... Thanks for the event 😉

The previous owners did this. It was met with aggression, and negativity because it feels like pandering to a already frustrated customer base.

And with the currently unstable status of Jericho, you're likely going to have mediocre results. Best to fix problems, before offering events of this nature.

• Like 6

That's cool and everything, but can we get micro stutter fixing already

Also:

I understand you want to do something nice for the players, but you must fix this asap, it is game breaking

Edited by -Dan-
  • Like 6

well this thread is already aging badly lmao

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

well this thread is already aging badly lmao

Agreed. But that's because the current status of the game is:

1.  Unplayable with the stability issues.

2. Plagued with a declining population.

3. Being treated by its new ownership without the seriousness it requires.

Though this would be a fun event. It's not going to really be effective unless changes are applied to its problems, and the community are shown signs of efficient use of time by its developers. Otherwise this is just reward to players who are complicit in furthering the deconstruction of a game that many other customers would love to see flourish into its full potential.

• Like 5

I for one think this is a great idea. Glad to see some in-game events 🙂

Devs: "Here fun event and free stuff - join if you like"

Forum: "Fuck you!" 😄

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bishada8800 said:

I for one think this is a great idea. Glad to see some in-game events 🙂

Devs: "Here fun event and free stuff - join if you like"

Forum: "Fuck you!" 😄

No one said it was a terrible idea, and no one said "Fuck you".

We want to see solutions first before a good idea like this is implemented into the game. Essentially preventing it from becoming a foolish choice on their part.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

That's cool and everything, but can we get micro stutter fixing already

I can assure you that we have nothing to do with coding. Us taking some time out of a holiday in order to have some fun with players will have no hinderance on development efforts.

Different teams after all! 🙂

14 minutes ago, SunnyMonroe said:

Allready lost ty.....maybe u give all players the chance next time

My aim is not that good 😞

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zian said:

Agreed. But that's because the current status of the game is:

3. Being treated by its new ownership without the seriousness it requires.

Though this would be a fun event. It's not going to really be effective unless changes are applied to its problems, and the community are shown signs of efficient use of time by its developers. Otherwise this is just reward to players who are complicit in furthering the deconstruction of a game that many other customers would love to see flourish into its full potential.

Totally ignoring that this thread exists, I guess?

8zF4AyP.gif

Anyway, it's nice to see an event like this

Edited by Knite
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Flight said:

I can assure you that we have nothing to do with coding. Us taking some time out of a holiday in order to have some fun with players will have no hinderance on development efforts.

Different teams after all! 🙂

I'm fully aware, just trying to raise awareness because it's been over a week and it has still not been fixed

2 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

I'm fully aware, just trying to raise awareness because it's been over a week and it has still not been fixed

Perfectly understandable. I am being told that the issue was already verified and reported by the SPCT. /offtopic

Hopefully I will make it for the event, I look forward to seeing a couple of you there 🙂

4 minutes ago, Knite said:

8zF4AyP.gif

You're right.

I am ignoring a promise that has been made continuously over the years, and should have been done a long time ago.

• Like 1

Let's make sure to stay on the topic. 

Thank you. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Knite said:

8zF4AyP.gif

I REQUIRE MORE MACHO MAN GIFS.

I'll be there, will the title be account wide or just character bound?

1 minute ago, IROCkiller said:

I REQUIRE MORE MACHO MAN GIFS.

I'll be there, will the title be account wide or just character bound?

Character bound 😞 

Question answered

Edited by VickyFox

6 minutes ago, Lixil said:

Let's make sure not to stay on the topic. 

Thank you. 

The games current condition is relevant to the success of the event proposed by you and your fellow staff.

As a customer who has invested money in the past, and as someone who works regularly with customers. I am simply providing my own insights, as a responsible individual should. I am not trying to cause a rebellion, but just wish to see certain things take priority.

Unless this is a ploy to generate a list of people who are cheating, it's not the best time to implement such an event. If I am right, and it is. I praise the tactic in combating the current problem this game faces, and I do so with a cackle.

Edited by Zian

Yeah, nope. I bought a freaking beast of a computer with an i7 9700k and rtx2070 and a ton of ram. Still unplayable. I set foot in this game the instant you guys bring the engine upgrade to live servers. 

I already own almost everything you offer on Armas anyway, so, no small candy will do any good. It's been how many years I forgot since I started investing into this game; time and money. I don't care who owns the game at this point, I just need the promises delivered, instead of focusing on things that we don't need and we don't want. jmtc.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PoshDoll said:

Yeah, nope. I bought a freaking beast of a computer with an i7 9700k and rtx2070 and a ton of ram. Still unplayable. I set foot in this game the instant you guys bring the engine upgrade to live servers. 

I already own almost everything you offer on Armas anyway, so, no small candy will do any good. It's been how many years I forgot since I started investing into this game; time and money. I don't care who owns the game at this point, I just need the promises delivered, instead of focusing on things that we don't need and we don't want. jmtc.

^ 100% this.

13 minutes ago, Lixil said:

Character bound 😞 

Ah damn, now I gotta choose which character I want the title on. Oh well, all is good. Thanks for the answer!

1 minute ago, IROCkiller said:

Ah damn, now I gotta choose which character I want the title on. Oh well, all is good. Thanks for the answer!

Working in the morning so don't have much choice but to join Jericho's

Okay , so we're back to "don't do anything until the EU is done!", are we? How long will that fly before people swing the other way and come out with "well EU is going to be useless without content".

This isn't like RIOT which required serious developer time to implement. The Devlar code already exists and there is basically no downside for the community on this one, but no, all we can do is whine about it.

And I wouldn't mind, except when we get news on the EU progress, there's even more bitching cos it doesn't look like RTW.

Right, cause an event that requires the ability to hit a target works well when the server is constantly under attack and is extremely unstable. How about you guys focus on fixing things instead? You already wasted enough time as to where riot is dead for good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2