Sign in to follow this  
Zian

An open letter to MattScott and Lixil

4 minutes ago, Zian said:

Which in turn reflects a divided front towards creating pressure for solutions

when your solutions deny what is already happening its not a solution.

In turn again adding as a benefit for anyone who is cheating in the game

pleas just stop. we already read you accuse enough times of "supporting  cheaters" just because we don't agree with you.

5 minutes ago, Zian said:

Thus, meaning you're opposing solutions

no just your "solutions" which so far has been slander for the most part while others are already being done that for some reason you act like they are not.

6 minutes ago, Zian said:

Actions = Consequences. You already admitted to being short sighted in that respect. 

no one sees perfectly but you twisting it around like you know what you are doing by saying Little Orbit neglects after switching anti cheats to not neglect really leaves me wondering how you pay your bills

because you don't see to know anything about running a company other than generic reply's to it.

11 minutes ago, Zian said:

If you didn't oppose solutions, you wouldn't have said anything at all except simply hit the dislike button. A primary feature on these forums, that I actually admire for being implemented in the first place.

if people disagree with you at your home they should ignore you but this is a forum for discussions. that's on you.

12 minutes ago, Zian said:

Currently keeping any Game Moderator neutered is a foolish idea. Little Orbit has different employees, and they should at least be given the opportunity to test this solution out. If they end up corrupt, screen shots and video will prove that it was a terrible idea. But any idea at this point being implemented beyond what is happening now, is a good idea. At any point and time that decision can be reversed and the ban abilities can be taken away again by MattScott.

while more GMs can be good , you already said you don't want to fund it so... cant be both.

I'm actually in a very happy relationship, so I was never interested to begin with.

one sided happiness is not a happy relationship.

You're too immature for my taste, lack the ability to comprehend much, and insert yourself in front of others like a bratty child. 

please don't project what you have been doing onto me just for disagreeing with you and your behavior. you might delude yourself further and that would be bad for people living near you.

At best you're worth going out and making sure you had a glass of water, while I ate dinner. Seeing as you're so broke that you can't afford your cell phone, I also wouldn't want you to be dehydrated from being so thirsty for my attention.

actually I didn't have one because i moved out of California. just haven't hooked it up yet since everywhere i want to go is right here. take out food places are literally down the street in walking distance so  i don't really need a phone

by far not poor just not rich.

any water out here is clean and drinkable so no don't need you for that either...

and what is with your weird animal fantasies? perv ROFL

4 minutes ago, Tizzie said:

If we want game fixed we need Colby server back

Thank you for joining in. Replying to the same people was becoming tedious.

3 minutes ago, Tizzie said:

If we want game fixed we need Colby server back

phasing is better than that

but they mentioned a network setup so that there would be phasing ,  so sorta like that but not like that.

the exact pots are on a different thread that MattScott posted in.

Which in turn reflects a divided front towards creating pressure for solutions.

if i don't agree with you on the process im not going to just blindly throw my vote in for it

12 minutes ago, Zian said:

you wouldn't have said anything at all except simply hit the dislike button

honestly don't use those much, i find them kind of useless especially for any post with more than 2 opinions

also just saying "nah" isnt very constructive

13 minutes ago, Zian said:

Currently keeping any Game Moderator neutered is a foolish idea. Little Orbit has different employees, and they should at least be given the opportunity to test this solution out. If they end up corrupt, screen shots and video will prove that it was a terrible idea. But any idea at this point being implemented beyond what is happening now, is a good idea. At any point and time that decision can be reversed and the ban abilities can be taken away again by MattScott.

yeah there's nothing stopping little orbit from starting or stopping such a program at any time, but i think the damage will be done no matter how on top of the situation they are - there are still people who think sov is a protected cheat clan even tho apb doesnt even have the same owners anymore

for a concrete example when lixil streamed playing with an alleged cheater from the g1 era, the forums legitimately exploded - there were so many people spamming variations of "orbit prioritizing cheaters" that the site bugged out 

4 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

if i don't agree with you on the process im not going to just blindly throw my vote in for it

honestly don't use those much, i find them kind of useless especially for any post with more than 2 opinions

also just saying "nah" isnt very constructive

yeah there's nothing stopping little orbit from starting or stopping such a program at any time, but i think the damage will be done no matter how on top of the situation they are - there are still people who think sov is a protected cheat clan even tho apb doesnt even have the same owners anymore

for a concrete example when lixil streamed playing with an alleged cheater from the g1 era, the forums legitimately exploded - there were so many people spamming variations of "orbit prioritizing cheaters" that the site bugged out 

But you are throwing a vote in, opposing a idea that could promote solutions if we gave Little Orbit the pressure to do so.

They aren't useless, if they were they wouldn't be used. It's essentially a poll that can determine the overall viewpoint of the community without the need for toxic behavior.

You're right, that isn't constructive. That's just as constructive as saying "Add it to the pile" which one person did. Then after brief vulgarity from that person, I ended up respectfully putting them on ignore, and reporting that user.

The fact that there is still belief that there is a protected cheat clan, means Little Orbit haven't done anything effective yet to disprove that idea.

Also if there were that many people aggressively attacking Little Orbit to the point of the forums no longer functioning. There had to be some validity in the claim, which should have prompted Little Orbit to make some sort of open investigation. Disproving the masses would've been a good way to at the very least save that part of their reputation in the moment.

2 minutes ago, Zian said:

But you are throwing a vote in, opposing a idea that could promote solutions if we gave Little Orbit the pressure to do so.

If a solution is realistic and not bias or slanderous then many would weigh in on if its a good idea to implement or not.

and if it is not then why act like it is?

3 minutes ago, Zian said:

They aren't useless, if they were they wouldn't be used. It's essentially a poll that can determine the overall viewpoint of the community without the need for toxic behavior.

um out of curiosity i checked your first post and the dislikes....doesnt seem like it was useful on how the community doesnt agree with you and to let it go.

just saying.

The fact that there is still belief that there is a protected cheat clan, means Little Orbit haven't done anything effective yet to disprove that idea. 

some of those same people earnestly believe Little Orbit is  G1 ....... or that it is Little Orbits fault for what G1 did years ago......hard to convince them otherwise

Also if there were that many people aggressively attacking Little Orbit to the point of the forums no longer functioning. There had to be some validity in the claim, which should have prompted Little Orbit to make some sort of open investigation. Disproving the masses would've been a good way to at the very least save that part of their reputation in the moment.

not sure if valid or not there was way too much misinformation on what actually happened.

but most of it was fear mongering.

and yes Little Orbit did investigate any and all claims that I am aware of. ( MattScott made a post on all of this somewhere )

I just saw this thread is HOT, I have no idea what's going on and I'm seeing just 3 people argue all day like

giphy.gif

Keep going lads. Whatever you are doing is amusing.

34 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

I just saw this thread is HOT, I have no idea what's going on and I'm seeing just 3 people argue all day like

giphy.gif

I'll break it down.

I am sick of cheaters, and voiced that again this game needs more effective moderation.

Trolls chimed in.

So far 1 out of 2 in the opposition is remaining in a mild manner, and respectful.

The other guy is just vomiting out as much trash as possible. To the point where he's now in conversation with himself and his extremely long context twisting posts.

Edited by Zian
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zian said:

I'll break it down.

I am sick of cheaters, and voiced that again this game needs more effective moderation.

Trolls chimed in.

So fair 1 out of 2 in the opposition is remaining in a mild manner, and respectful.

The other guy is just vomiting out as much trash as possible. To the point where he's now in conversation with himself and his extremely long context twisting posts. 

you accused Little Orbit of neglecting cheaters regardless of a new anti cheat just deployed

you slandered anyone who disagreed with you while using slurs and other means of attack including taking posts out of context to justify yourself

I'm most likely the one you claim is disrespectful because i called you out on it and also on you ignoring and dodging my questions and reply's to your questions.

now accusations of twisting posts where I directly quoted you and you only went off slandering over and over. you said the same to Glaciers.

I still think you have no real clue what Little Orbit has been doing since you posted such odd posts even though evidence shows otherwise

you even didn't like that i post on an open discussion which you are still commenting on , yet still didn't answer anything i asked you or discussed etc.

from your posts you do not seem to have  knowledge of APB game play but that's only speculation.

you claimed Little Orbit doe not communicate which they do every month and in some cases daily.

for the most part you didn't offer anything good that wasn't being done already but did act like some of it wasn't already being done....so of course i disagree with you

plenty of other things you did as well.

At no time did i ever say Little Orbit is perfect and at no time did i ever say everything they do is wrong. but to be expected to take hard stance black or white is just foolish.

not everything is good and not everything is evil to say otherwise is bias and depraved and history has shown that.

only recently did you offer anything with substance such as gms in district which i replied how we talk to them in district.

the rest of the time you were too busy attacking people for not agreeing with you.

43 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

giphy.gif

that reminds me are 3d glasses purchasable or is it only via prizes

It would be nice to see some GMs, I NEVER see any. Been at least 2 years since I have seen one. But the rare occasion I have seen one it was ridicuolus.

Everyone asking really stupid questions and asking for FREE SHITE! Its soo immature, but thats the majority of the APB community sadly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Havana said:

It would be nice to see some GMs, I NEVER see any. Been at least 2 years since I have seen one. But the rare occasion I have seen one it was ridicuolus.

Everyone asking really stupid questions and asking for FREE SHITE! Its soo immature, but thats the majority of the APB community sadly.

Not enough GMs.... Which is odd since more than a thousand players applied. 

5 hours ago, Havana said:

That is a unfortunate thing. But they don't need to respond to questions or requests to remove cheaters from the game either. So that's kinda on them if they get wrapped up in that sort of thing.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

And more than a thousand of them were probably completely inappropriate for the job.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MrChan said:

And more than a thousand of them were probably completely inappropriate for the job.

What to do when more people apply for GM than play the game?

3 hours ago, Zian said:

That is a unfortunate thing. But they don't need to respond to questions or requests to remove cheaters from the game either. So that's kinda on them if they get wrapped up in that sort of thing.

They tried that , and then certain people of the community who already talked bad about them started weird accusations.

theres a reason why people think bronzes are weird.

GMs can't accurately detect cheaters anyways by 'sitting in a district'. Even with a spectate, you can't tell if someone is just using a wallhack.

The issue has to be solved with detection and a learning algorithm that eventually flags cheaters into the same matches together, and isolates legitimate players from them without even letting the cheater know that they are being soft-banned. Not only will this improve the game for legitimate players, it will require zero intervention, can be integrated into existing solutions, and will allow illegitimate players to have the illusion of their hack working and to contribute financially to the game.

Also, it's very important to never announce you are doing this sort of thing if you implement it. Just take my idea and do it.

Edited by Sophiie

18 minutes ago, Sophiie said:

GMs can't accurately detect cheaters anyways by 'sitting in a district'. Even with a spectate, you can't tell if someone is just using a wallhack.

I agree with this.

18 minutes ago, Sophiie said:

The issue has to be solved with detection and a learning algorithm that eventually flags cheaters into the same matches together, and isolates legitimate players from them without even letting the cheater know that they are being soft-banned. Not only will this improve the game for legitimate players, it will require zero intervention, can be integrated into existing solutions, and will allow illegitimate players to have the illusion of their hack working and to contribute financially to the game.

undecided about this however.

19 minutes ago, Sophiie said:

Also, it's very important to never announce you are doing this sort of thing if you implement it. Just take my idea and do it.

never a good idea to say  ' this is what we are doing and how" when it comes to anti cheat methods.

basic info is fine though that it is being done just not detailed.

loose lips sink ships

42 minutes ago, Sophiie said:

GMs can't accurately detect cheaters anyways by 'sitting in a district'.

I dunno, seems like seeing a player outrun a Growl would be easy for anyone to see.

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I dunno, seems like seeing a player outrun a Growl would be easy for anyone to see.

or how a few years ago they had a teleporting cheat to get behind people from 100 away in the blink of an eye.

that was nuts

On 7/2/2019 at 7:21 PM, Fortune Runner said:

Well since we are sharing stories.....

A long time ago the clan I am in let a particular girl in.

one day she admitted to it but then it got weirder than that.

she punched her laptop because her boyfriend got mad at her because she was cheating on him with a girl.

That girl got mad at her as well by the way.

later she punched her laptop again while we were all playing because then they started seeing each other and blew her off.

she killed it.

my story is worse I  win..... by the way I'm not trolling , I give you all my word it did happen.

ok back on topic.

no anti cheat is 100% effective ; it is impossible to do so.

some people on here have comps that are a minimum of  3,000 American dollars and share their builds.

in bronze and silver I  have not seen anyone suspicious lately but that obviously does not mean they do not exist.

Little Orbit changed anti cheats because they believe in doing good for  APB.

One final thing : everyone please make sure to not blame Little Orbit for what cheaters chose to do to Little Orbit. It is not fair to blame a victim.

you and @Zian probably smoked a bowl before you started typing any of these, did y'all? lmao

From what I have seen, and especially here on the forums. No one has the Ethical ability to be a GM amyways.

Everyone hates my posts. But, all my posts are only geared towards making the game better for the new player and increasing the community.

Something that is apparently despised by forum trolls.

I mean, really. we have ZERO ADULTS here. I can make a call for against something or somebody based on facts. Regardless of wheter I like or despise the person.

But, our own government can't do it. SO, I am crazy to think players in APB actually could.

Merged.

22 hours ago, Zian said:

I totally agree, But thats what I said in another thread about being ADULT. We have none, None tha can act accordingly anyway.

I guess they like the attention of GM tag, they dont do anything, cuz they are too busy fielding KISS patootie and Give me questions.

Merged.

On 7/7/2019 at 12:19 PM, CookiePuss said:

Wait what? we have low pop in game. Less than 2 or 300 , but a 1000 ppl applied who are unqualified. Something is BS!

Some people are on the forums sooo much they actually BELIEVE THE BS they are spewing.

Not saying that is you, but you do seem to be in the KNOW. 

How can this make any sense. Please help me understand how?

ALL this talk 24/7 about how dead this game is. But 1000!!!!

The Forums are WORSE than the game. Its not  a true represntation of whats going on .

Only the Elitist POV!  But, thats a whole other topic of mine that will get crapped on too, WONDER WHY!

The ONLY thing I can possibly believe is that there are soo many ppl who don't play anymore that are disgusted with this games practices.

And that they applied for GM to in hopes of making it better.

But, then u Say 1000 also were NOT qualified. 

This sounds alot like innocent cheats to me!

17 hours ago, Sophiie said:

It's fairly easy to spot a hacker by the blatant actions of some.

And it has been the actions of blatant hackers these past few days, that has caused a stir. Many of them aren't even trying to hide it at this point, because they are able to go unchecked.

The GM being in district to issue manual bans, would be a temporary solution until the engine upgrade was finished. Yours would be a more permanent solution that should be included into the engine upgrade, that would allow us to have distance from these unsavory types. 

Merged.

6 hours ago, Havana said:

From what I have seen, and especially here on the forums. No one has the Ethical ability to be a GM amyways.

Everyone hates my posts. But, all my posts are only geared towards making the game better for the new player and increasing the community.

Something that is apparently despised by forum trolls.

I mean, really. we have ZERO ADULTS here. I can make a call for against something or somebody based on facts. Regardless of wheter I like or despise the person.

But, our own government can't do it. SO, I am crazy to think players in APB actually could.

Hey if I had the opportunity, I would willingly prove I have the ethical ability and capacity to do the job as best to my ability as possible. Though with how Little Orbit conducts itself, I wouldn't want to apply for any position within their company.

No one likes the truth, in any form you present it. That's something I learned a long time ago on these forums. So really it's best just to stick to your guns, because everyone here is a stranger.

The anonymity is what trolls live off of, because they're afraid to actually have any shred of truth exposed. It keeps their only form of popularity thriving. So really I wouldn't take it to a personal level that they'd rather despise you. My first post was harsh criticism, and some of my other ones have been as well. They weren't liked except by a few, and that means there's a huge part of the community that disagrees with the idea that this needs to be addressed.

Some of the people who applied though, might not have played the game in years, and others might have applied by other means. But your point of the low population in game literally means we don't need many GMs to be active at a time, just enough to make a noticeable difference in balancing things out to some semblance of fair game play again.

8 hours ago, Havana said:

Wait what? we have low pop in game. Less than 2 or 300 , but a 1000 ppl applied who are unqualified. Something is BS!

When LO first took over and the applications for GM were first opened, Lixil reported that over 900 people had applied for GM. This would have been around June of 2018  when the daily average players peaked at over 1000. 

On 7/8/2019 at 12:20 PM, Zian said:

It's fairly easy to spot a hacker by the blatant actions of some.

And it has been the actions of blatant hackers these past few days, that has caused a stir. Many of them aren't even trying to hide it at this point, because they are able to go unchecked.

The GM being in district to issue manual bans, would be a temporary solution until the engine upgrade was finished. Yours would be a more permanent solution that should be included into the engine upgrade, that would allow us to have distance from these unsavory types. 

Merged.

Hey if I had the opportunity, I would willingly prove I have the ethical ability and capacity to do the job as best to my ability as possible. Though with how Little Orbit conducts itself, I wouldn't want to apply for any position within their company.

No one likes the truth, in any form you present it. That's something I learned a long time ago on these forums. So really it's best just to stick to your guns, because everyone here is a stranger.

The anonymity is what trolls live off of, because they're afraid to actually have any shred of truth exposed. It keeps their only form of popularity thriving. So really I wouldn't take it to a personal level that they'd rather despise you. My first post was harsh criticism, and some of my other ones have been as well. They weren't liked except by a few, and that means there's a huge part of the community that disagrees with the idea that this needs to be addressed.

Some of the people who applied though, might not have played the game in years, and others might have applied by other means. But your point of the low population in game literally means we don't need many GMs to be active at a time, just enough to make a noticeable difference in balancing things out to some semblance of fair game play again.

I like this guy! That's what I'm talking about!

Merged.

On 7/7/2019 at 7:34 PM, CookiePuss said:

I recently saw that as well from a shot gunner teammate.

We easily won the mission because of him. He had some items to turn in. The rest of team drove to objective turn in. I went to pick him up.But, he just ran all the way there. Oh wait, no cheaters according  to you.

I asked everyone to report when the mission ended. 

Responses, where is he at I want to see, he's using Fragile (lol).

THE MISSION ENDED.! 

How do I know where he is now?

Kinda like posting here. Pointless!

And how can you NOT report him just because he was on your team and you won!

That's a real problem right there No moral character.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this