Sign in to follow this  
Zian

An open letter to MattScott and Lixil

Yeah I logged in yesterday. Essentially the entire game was a ghost town for a few hours with populations Jericho server in the single digits.

After that period of time things picked up, but it was still pathetic numbers. Some definitely hacking, others attempting to play legit. But of course it wasn't as though legit players really stood a chance.

This game has tanked worse under your management compared to the prior ownership, and it shows by your poor moderation to combat the cheating. Easily there can be a GM sitting in, and watching the district with how the population was. That action alone would generate good faith in players who are veterans to this game and have invested in its future in the past.

In its current state, I would vomit from the idea of giving any of my money to its development while a blind eye is being turned to its long lived primary problem. Fix it, or you have simply made a hollow investment to contribute to its death.

No matter how much you throw glitter on the game, it'll still be fecal matter with the lack of attention you're actually giving it. Instead of pandering to what's left of the games players with extra game modes, acknowledge a problem and admit that it's something that needs to be dealt with.

This probable came off as harsh, but it's out of appreciation for something that I have made lifelong friends and memories on while playing. To see it sink in the way that it has is heartbreaking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

thanks for your input 

• Thanks 1

DUURpKy.jpg

Remember when we were all grateful that someone came along to at least try to save this dead as fuck, never been popular, niche game that hadn't done anything but lose money for years?

...good times

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

DUURpKy.jpg

Remember when we were all grateful that someone came along to at least try to save this dead as fuck, never been popular, niche game that hadn't done anything but lose money for years?

...good times

Try exercises to lengthen your attention span. It'll help with your ability to read.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Zian said:

Try exercises to lengthen your attention span. It'll help with your ability to read.

Sorry. 

tl;dr seemed nicer than saying "another QQ post, add it to the pile"

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Sorry. 

tl;dr seemed nicer than saying "another QQ post, add it to the pile"

Actually the nicer thing to do is simply not say anything. You're only reinforcing negativity, and add to the destruction of the game by being a toxic clown on the forums.

Essentially your existence on this thread and forums is pointless, if that's your only purpose for being here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Zian said:

Actually the nicer thing to do is simply not say anything. You're only reinforcing negativity, and add to the destruction of the game by being a toxic clown on the forums.

Essentially your existence on this thread and forums is pointless, if that's your only purpose for being here.

Bruh, your post is one long fuzzy bunny fest. 

Negativity indeed. 

🤣

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Bruh, your post is one long fuzzy bunny fest. 

Negativity indeed. 

🤣

I'm not your "Bruh".

Length of a post doesn't diminish the value of the actual message and intention behind it. 

If you need to gaslight something, go to Facebook. Unless you're afraid of risking anonymity, there is no reason for you not to exhibit your negative personality traits elsewhere. 

• Like 5

these 'open letter' threads are really just 

'because u ignore my messages im putting it public so everyone knows my opinion' threads

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alani said:

these 'open letter' threads are really just 

'because u ignore my messages im putting it public so everyone knows my opinion' threads

That's the responsibility to the customer to reach the ears of those ignoring them in any means necessary. To put change towards a problem that is currently adding to the degradation of this game.

Perhaps you're complicit in being part of the problem. But some people aren't.

i’m unsure how anyone thinks orbit is somehow unaware of the problems with the game, they’re here to make money and they very clearly aren’t making money - that’s a pretty big red flag for any business

2 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

i’m unsure how anyone thinks orbit is somehow unaware of the problems with the game, they’re here to make money and they very clearly aren’t making money - that’s a pretty big red flag for any business

I don't think that they are unaware. I think they're very aware, and ignoring the problem with throwing out events that will yield poor results.

Just now, Zian said:

I don't think that they are unaware. I think they're very aware, and ignoring the problem with throwing out events that will yield poor results.

why would they ignore a problem that’s costing them money literally every single day?

your perception of how orbit operates seems off, they’re a business that’s attempting to turn apb into a profitable venture - there’s no insidious plan to kill the game, they gain nothing by intentionally angering the playerbase, and the CM isn’t missing out on coding the engine upgrade when she hosts events 

the company is actively working on the means to fix many of the problems and they’ve been pretty vocal about how they’re doing so, people spamming “hurry up” isn’t going to change much 

3 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

why would they ignore a problem that’s costing them money literally every single day?

your perception of how orbit operates seems off, they’re a business that’s attempting to turn apb into a profitable venture - there’s no insidious plan to kill the game, they gain nothing by intentionally angering the playerbase, and the CM isn’t missing out on coding the engine upgrade when she hosts events 

the company is actively working on the means to fix many of the problems and they’ve been pretty vocal about how they’re doing so, people spamming “hurry up” isn’t going to change much 

People DDOSing the servers until the game is unplayable is fairly insidious.

In addition I agree that they are trying to make a profit. Which is why they released additional joker boxes, and unbanned accounts.

My view is to remain critical of how they conduct themselves, which is coming across no different than the prior ownership thus far. LadyTiggs often remained vocal, and that was a bandage on a perpetually leaking wound.

9 minutes ago, Zian said:

People DDOSing the servers until the game is unplayable is fairly insidious.

are you implying little orbit is ddosing their own services?

9 minutes ago, Zian said:

In addition I agree that they are trying to make a profit. Which is why they released additional joker boxes, and unbanned accounts

even if all 500 people still playing bout $100 of joker boxes it still wouldn’t even be enough to pay a single dev

giving people back accounts that already own everything they wanted to buy doesn’t seem like the best way to garner sales either

11 minutes ago, Zian said:

My view is to remain critical of how they conduct themselves, which is coming across no different than the prior ownership thus far. LadyTiggs often remained vocal, and that was a bandage on a perpetually leaking wound

i feel there’s a big difference between a CM announcing sales and a CEO posting updates and answering questions from the community at all hours 

5 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

are you implying little orbit is ddosing their own services?

even if all 500 people still playing bout $100 of joker boxes it still wouldn’t even be enough to pay a single dev

giving people back accounts that already own everything they wanted to buy doesn’t seem like the best way to garner sales either

i feel there’s a big difference between a CM announcing sales and a CEO posting updates and answering questions from the community at all hours 

You didn't specify who had the insidious plans. You simple said that "No one had insidious plans to kill the game". Which is not factual, otherwise there wouldn't be hackers creating unstable servers.

The CM takes orders from the CEO. With how small the LO team seems to be, I wouldn't doubt if there's a direct line of communication between the two. Besides simply announcing things, it's a representatives job to stay aware of the frustrations in the community.

You simply highlighted the flaws I am trying to point out in a simpler way, thank you for that assistance. 

54 minutes ago, Zian said:

That's the responsibility to the customer to reach the ears of those ignoring them in any means necessary. To put change towards a problem that is currently adding to the degradation of this game.

Perhaps you're complicit in being part of the problem. But some people aren't.

look at riot and notice how no one wanted it lmfao 

and they still released it

lo is just g1 with different people running it

1 minute ago, Alani said:

look at riot and notice how no one wanted it lmfao 

and they still released it

lo is just g1 with different people running it

I'm just holding them to the fact that they have promised they're not like their predecessors.

1 hour ago, Zian said:

I'm not your "Bruh".

Length of a post doesn't diminish the value of the actual message and intention behind it. 

If you need to gaslight something, go to Facebook. Unless you're afraid of risking anonymity, there is no reason for you not to exhibit your negative personality traits elsewhere. 

Bruuuh... Eat a Snickers, change your tampon, and get over it. 

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Bruuuh... Eat a Snickers, change your tampon, and get over it. 

BUT MY TAMPON IS SUPPOSED TO BE RED. 

Zian you dumb?

Ofc they are aware, its fcking business not kids playground. 

You literally wrote same thing as any other person would write about same game issues.

"Customer", its f2p game, no one forces you to spend money here

2 minutes ago, Alani said:

BUT MY TAMPON IS SUPPOSED TO BE RED. 

Don't acknowledge him or encourage his childish behavior. As an SPCT, he's supposed to be conducting himself differently. Or at the very least showing a better example. 

2 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Zian you dumb?

Ofc they are aware, its fcking business not kids playground. 

You literally wrote same thing as any other person would write about same game issues.

"Customer", its f2p game, no one forces you to spend money here

Are you not native english speaking? I would hate to cast judgement on you due to your poor spelling.

Just go back into your dark hole. Nobody cares that you cry nonstop. At least LO is trying but you just want stuff now now now!! Like a kid that doesn't get what he wants to he screams and shouts and cries in the middle of a store. 

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

...good times

Nowadays having a positive attitude will get you an angery rant and accused directly of 'hurting the game' for "not calling them out"/"holding them responsible". This community is wild. People need to stop acting like entitled, whiny children

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valkyrja- said:

Just go back into your dark hole. Nobody cares that you cry nonstop. At least LO is trying but you just want stuff now now now!! Like a kid that doesn't get what he wants to he screams and shouts and cries in the middle of a store. 

What are you actually mad about?

Just now, Acornie said:

Nowadays having a positive attitude will get you an angry rant and accused directly of 'hurting the game' for "not calling them out"/"holding them responsible". This community is wild. People need to stop acting like entitled, whiny children

Nothing wrong with having a positive attitude. It should be encouraged to be both positive about a games future and to have a willingness to inform change where you can.

Sign in to follow this