Sign in to follow this  
Darkzero3802

Make A Server Selection Option For NA and EU

If LO really wanted to throw us a bone, I think the easiest thing for them to do would be to provide a character copy service

At the end most of us have the same ping in Jericho and Citadel lol. So latency will be not a problem (maybe for those who want they fix and have low latency again)

35 minutes ago, APB Ex-Addicted said:

At the end most of us have the same ping in Jericho and Citadel lol. So latency will be not a problem (maybe for those who want they fix and have low latency again)

Not really, distance affects ping so the further away you are the higher your ping. Your quality of pc and net also affects your ping

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Nekrova is its own entity due to the special items it has. If LO just added those into US and EU it would have been simpler

the han merge also took several months, as did the joker/colby and obeya/patriot merges - there are still unresolved issues from the old server merges, altho the players involved have likely quit by now

45 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Your quality of pc 

unless your pc literally doesn’t have a network adapter idk if the quality of your pc affects latency 

Edited by Glaciers
typo

10 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

the han merge also took several months, as did the joker/colby and obeya/patriot - there are still unresolved issues from the old server merges, altho the players involved have likely quit by now

unless your pc literally doesn’t have a network adapter idk if the quality of your pc affects latency 

This is G1 were talking about, everything they did brought more issues then resolutions. And alot about ur pc can affect net speed like age and if you have any viruses to name afew.

3 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Not really, distance affects ping so the further away you are the higher your ping. Your quality of pc and net also affects your ping

Welp i said that because some friends and me, when creating a char in citadel, at the end where it show wich gives the best ping for you, jericho and citadel has the same at this moment.. obviusly when NA was good the difference between jericho and citadel was big, but at this moment it not happen xd

Edited by APB Ex-Addicted

On 7/2/2019 at 7:42 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

At this point in time and with the game population at an all time low I think its time we ended server segregation. Allow characters made in Jericho to connect into Citadel and vice versa this way everyone can connect to the server they want and can populate both servers to allow for more options in game play. There are so few people that your always facing the same players and many game modes such as FC and Riot cant be played due to nobody playing them. Unless something is done NOW and not later when its too late maybe there will be enough players still playing to warrant this engine upgrade.

where do you suggest they locate the server? EU server is much more populated than NA so will it be in Europe ?

Edited by Seedy

On 7/4/2019 at 3:54 PM, Seedy said:

where do you suggest they locate the server? EU server is much more populated than NA so will it be in Europe ?

That would be up to them to decide

On 7/4/2019 at 2:54 PM, Seedy said:

where do you suggest they locate the server? 

We shall build a man made island in the middle of the Atlantic exactly half way between Germany and Texas. 

GG EZ

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

That would be up to them to decide

the only real solution that has been given so far that works  would be the phasing that Little Orbit mentioned

then most of this shouldn't be an issue

last i heard its planned for after Engine upgrade

Don't think we will be able to freely choose like that before 3.5. If they merge things now, there will be people like me who can enjoy their NA chars on 20ms, and people who get stuck at 300-400ms. This is pretty pointless to ask for considering it's not really possible before 3.5, and already announced with the phasing feature after 3.5.

To clarify, they could probably merge servers if they wanted to, but nothing else really. The merging process will probably take ages and further delay 3.5, most likely.

Edited by VanilleKeks

7 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

the only real solution that has been given so far that works  would be the phasing that Little Orbit mentioned

then most of this shouldn't be an issue

last i heard its planned for after Engine upgrade

Well see how that goes if pop even stays high enough to get to that point

4 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

Don't think we will be able to freely choose like that before 3.5. If they merge things now, there will be people like me who can enjoy their NA chars on 20ms, and people who get stuck at 300-400ms. This is pretty pointless to ask for considering it's not really possible before 3.5, and already announced with the phasing feature after 3.5.

To clarify, they could probably merge servers if they wanted to, but nothing else really. The merging process will probably take ages and further delay 3.5, most likely.

The biggest issue I see with all this taking so long is the fact that LO isnt hiring enough staff, case in point has been support. If LO hired the amount of ppl needed to do things at a decent speed wed be fine with getting things done in a timely manor. however it seems like Matt is trying to get away with the bare minimum staffing thats needed (at best) in order to run the game, and we see that with the ticket times in support and the time its taking for other things.

6 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

The biggest issue I see with all this taking so long is the fact that LO isnt hiring enough staff, case in point has been support. If LO hired the amount of ppl needed to do things at a decent speed wed be fine with getting things done in a timely manor. however it seems like Matt is trying to get away with the bare minimum staffing thats needed (at best) in order to run the game, and we see that with the ticket times in support and the time its taking for other things.

They're headquartered out in California and an indie development company, it costs at least 6 figures a year to live out in California, not only is it expensive to live out there, it's incredibly expensive to be a company out there. The cost of hiring enough people to do the things you want would easily be in the figure of millions a year. It's not as simple as "bro just hire someone to work min wage as a support agent haha" because the company, and the people in the company, have lives they need to support.

11 minutes ago, Similarities said:

They're headquartered out in California and an indie development company, it costs at least 6 figures a year to live out in California, not only is it expensive to live out there, it's incredibly expensive to be a company out there. The cost of hiring enough people to do the things you want would easily be in the figure of millions a year. It's not as simple as "bro just hire someone to work min wage as a support agent haha" because the company, and the people in the company, have lives they need to support.

Never said it was easy, but I am saying they could do better\

28 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

support has consistently been lowering response times, iirc last update was 3 weeks which is on par with old g1 

2 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

support has consistently been lowering response times, iirc last update was 3 weeks which is on par with old g1 

G1 times were never good so the fact that they got there after months and months only says there as good as G1, which isnt saying much. Now resolving tickets is a diff story. 18 days and counting on a reply after they asked me for further info. Thats unacceptable.

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

that would actually make matchmaking easier and some people left for that being a problem.

Support staff does not equal programming staff or Quality Assurance staff.

VERY different jobs.

Also having too much staff is how RTW failed miserably so I would rather not go that route again.

Last time ti cost 100 million

As for support tickets , its faster than ever , and that's not to bad considering they got spam botted 70,000 support tickets in the past.

2 hours ago, Similarities said:

Unfortunately most business is conducted out of California due to ease of travel , otherwise I would suggest Idaho since cost of living is much lower.

9 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

that would actually make matchmaking easier and some people left for that being a problem.

Support staff does not equal programming staff or Quality Assurance staff.

VERY different jobs.

Also having too much staff is how RTW failed miserably so I would rather not go that route again.

Last time ti cost 100 million

As for support tickets , its faster than ever , and that's not to bad considering they got spam botted 70,000 support tickets in the past.

Unfortunately most business is conducted out of California due to ease of travel , otherwise I would suggest Idaho since cost of living is much lower.

If there was a merge operating out of NY would be most ideal as its the closest to the EU and would make travel to and from there the easiest. They dont need an overabundance of staff just enough to get things done within a reasonable time frame and before you say anything, matching G1 is NOT faster then ever and once they ask for info on your ticket they should work on the ticket and not drop it for days let alone weeks.

The biggest issue I see with all this taking so long is the fact that LO isnt hiring enough staff

Maybe you should cut them a check for several million dollars then.

Surely you, like everyone else, is dying to invest in APB. 

Oh wait, APB was a dead patootie game and we are lucky to even have LO trying. 

But yeah, go ahead and keep bitching day after day after day... That ought to really help. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

If there was a merge operating out of NY would be most ideal as its the closest to the EU and would make travel to and from there the easiest. They dont need an overabundance of staff just enough to get things done within a reasonable time frame and before you say anything, matching G1 is NOT faster then ever and once they ask for info on your ticket they should work on the ticket and not drop it for days let alone weeks.

no it wouldn't

a merger like that would absolutely kill apb and is by far teh worst that can be done.

colby and joker had trouble connecting to each other and it was easier to connect to Europe.

please do not assume distance traveled by car is equal to internet distance since not everywhere has fiber optics in between.

As for matching  G1 , Little Orbit has already done more work than G1 , but the support speeds are about equal for now.

however support speeds are getting faster , so when they do become faster for certain then yes

Little Orbit is better either way from everything else they have done so why are you fixated on only support to say they aren't good?

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

no it wouldn't

a merger like that would absolutely kill apb and is by far teh worst that can be done.

colby and joker had trouble connecting to each other and it was easier to connect to Europe.

please do not assume distance traveled by car is equal to internet distance since not everywhere has fiber optics in between.

As for matching  G1 , Little Orbit has already done more work than G1 , but the support speeds are about equal for now.

however support speeds are getting faster , so when they do become faster for certain then yes

Little Orbit is better either way from everything else they have done so why are you fixated on only support to say they aren't good?

Im talking strictly support here right now, support isnt good and you really cant argue that.

i understand the spirit of what is being said. yes, it would be great to have a larger player base.

and, it is frustrating to not be able to have the same load outs across accounts on servers. i play on jericho and citadel a lot. it is expensive to "dual equip". i always buy account-bound items and not character for this reason when possible.

i started on jericho but added my citadel character a year ago because of the dwindling population. but i love the game and don't mind doing so.

i think at this time if LO decided to do something like this, jericho might get really sparse. and i don't think you want a single "Europe only" option coming about... especially for us 'merica folks.

if you want to know what citadel is like performance wise, just add 100 ms to your current ping time and you'll get the 'citadel experience' 😉

54 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Im talking strictly support here right now, support isnt good and you really cant argue that.

support is doing better and better.

its clearly not good enough but it is getting there.

since thats off topic to the server election and mergers etc. so id rather not discuss that more on this thread.

28 minutes ago, gordIsMyName said:

i understand the spirit of what is being said. yes, it would be great to have a larger player base.

and, it is frustrating to not be able to have the same load outs across accounts on servers. i play on jericho and citadel a lot. it is expensive to "dual equip". i always buy account-bound items and not character for this reason when possible. 

i started on jericho but added my citadel character a year ago because of the dwindling population. but i love the game and don't mind doing so.

i think at this time if LO decided to do something like this, jericho might get really sparse. and i don't think you want a single "Europe only" option coming about... especially for us 'merica folks.

if you want to know what citadel is like performance wise, just add 100 ms to your current ping time and you'll get the 'citadel experience' 😉

exactly why Little Orbit announced they were planning on phasing to help with matches.

hopefully it does not end there because we could use a network of servers globally to make it easier to match up with other players elsewhere if ping allows it

Warframe does something similar so hopefully its able to be done similar here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

If there was a merge operating out of NY would be most ideal as its the closest to the EU and would make travel to and from there the easiest

lol that’s not happening

you think they’re going to prioritize the less populated server? 

honestly i have absolutely no knowledge about tech and coding and whatever, but it sounds like it would be a gigantic pain in the patootie to implement and by the time they manage to do it, jericho will be ded anyway

Sign in to follow this