Sign in to follow this  
FriendlyFires

problems with cheaters chould be solved asap

Hello.
Cheaters were the biggest problem of that game for whole time.
Maybe we should make some forum thread, where players could post proving vids or pics or links or whatever about other players cheating. Because non of those anticheats is good enough without support by admins. Here u need to wait for month or more for support answer.

Here are the current CS stats right now:

- 1,689 total tickets have been created for APB since the new portal went up on 5/25.

- 480 of them were players requesting unbans. Since we will be unbanning so many players after the next patch, we are not going to be responding to unban request until after that date. As I said above, if you requested an unban, you should have received an auto respond message.

- 252 of them have been closed.

- 957 are untouched.

I doubt that /report command is alive. (how many /reports should i send for support to start work on it🤔)
Imho, battleye was better, but not the best of course.
And enable broadcasting banned players. We should know our 'heroes'. Players should get what they deserve.

And we deserve to know that anticheat and support are actually working on that problem.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I agree that the best solution to battle the cheaters is a combination of anticheat and professional GMs with banning powers.

However a name&shame thread where people can post "proving" vids/pics/links would turn into a bigger cesspool of toxicity than the deepest horrors of the ffbans.org comment section. Mainly because the majority of people hackusating do not understand what actual "proof" is.

Edited by AsgerLund

1 hour ago, FriendlyFires said:

Hello.
Maybe we should make some forum thread, where players could post proving vids or pics or links or whatever about other players cheating. Because non of those anticheats is good enough without support by admins. Here u need to wait for month or more for support answer.

I doubt that /report command is alive. (how many /reports should i send for support to start work on it🤔)
And enable broadcasting banned players. We should know our 'heroes'. Players should get what they deserve.

And we deserve to know that anticheat and support are actually working on that problem.

so do you think that LO are doing nothing?

If so what do you suggest? BTW I pretty much NEVER see cheaters - maybe 1 out of a thousands players I play against I think, there is something wrong with this guy. I have used report 1 time in my whole time playing APB. Now looking back on it though, I think I was probably wrong to do so and I should have maybe just played much harder as I played against the same people again a couple of rounds later and pissed on the guy who I had reported. I reported him as he seemed to be pre firing when I was getting to corners as if he knew i was there before I got there. I ended up putting it down to Lag in my opinion.

Again what do you suggest?

29 minutes ago, Xinsini said:

Add it to the pile.

ups .  если человек  не достиг уровня среднего игрока это не значит  что он мусор .  я хочу тебя увидеть в куче мусора .

1 hour ago, FriendlyFires said:

Hello.

то что ты говоришь может иметь правды  0.9 % .

46 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

add it to the pile...

pVSSsd8.gif

.!.. 

Daily 'I am silver and got destroyed so everyone must be cheating' thread.

Add it to the pile.

2 hours ago, Yood said:

ups .  если человек  не достиг уровня среднего игрока это не значит  что он мусор .  я хочу тебя увидеть в куче мусора .

то что ты говоришь может иметь правды  0.9 % .

.!.. 

Я убежден, что многие из этих иностранных солдат не имеют реальной подготовки и являются одиночными бойцами.

4 hours ago, FriendlyFires said:

Maybe we should make some forum thread, where players could post proving vids or pics or links or whatever about other players cheating. 

I smell Naming & Shaming violation 

A thread with 'proving vids' was tried many years ago back when Neume (remember him?) was in charge of G1. The thread did well for a week or so, with Admins replying to obvious vids to say the cheater had been 86'd, before it quickly devolved into butt hurt people posting "proof" that amounted to them being shot by a good player with nothing suspicious going on - think Ray Taylor. After a month, Neume and Revoemag got bored of saying "that isn't proof of cheating" and closed the toxic waste dump the thread had become.

As for cheating in general, APB is now on it's 4th different anti-cheat software (not including anything internal) and we're still constantly discussing cheaters in this game. I've genuinely never seen anything like it.

So either:

A) We're all paranoid and significantly less cheating goes on than we think.

B) Something unique to APB makes it hard for software to detect all but obvious cheating in a timely manner, be it the game design, or fundamental vunerabilities in the spaghetti code. If it's the latter, the EU might potentially fix it.

Edited by MrChan

5 minutes ago, MrChan said:

As for cheating in general, APB is now on it's 4th different anti-cheat software (not including anything internal) and we're still constantly discussing cheaters in this game. I've genuinely never seen anything like it.

So either:

apb has had a lot of cheaters, going all the way back to rtw where they turned the anticheat off

the punkbuster years when closet cheating was “allowed” because the anticheat was so bad definitely didn’t help

then ffbans with its “17000+ cheaters” poured gasoline on the issue, especially considering there’s no telling who was false banned 

then smaller things in the background, like  the district instance system making it easy to keep running into the same cheater over and over, people taking wins/losses more personally because of heavy investment into their character, the small “everyone knows everyone” high school class mentality that apb fosters, etc etc etc

at this point its all run together into a disgusting mucky mess that i’m honestly not sure will ever be eliminated, hacking/hackusating is basically a part of apb now

6 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

apb has had a lot of cheaters, going all the way back to rtw where they turned the anticheat off

the punkbuster years when closet cheating was “allowed” because the anticheat was so bad definitely didn’t help

then ffbans with its “17000+ cheaters” poured gasoline on the issue, especially considering there’s no telling who was false banned 

then smaller things in the background, like  the district instance system making it easy to keep running into the same cheater over and over, people taking wins/losses more personally because of heavy investment into their character, the small “everyone knows everyone” high school class mentality that apb fosters, etc etc etc

at this point its all run together into a disgusting mucky mess that i’m honestly not sure will ever be eliminated, hacking/hackusating is basically a part of apb now

Hey Retardium.

1.6 years (excluding the past 6 months cause I have not played) I have ran in to only a handful of cheaters, the majority of which are just silvers/bronzes with their aimlock turned on and no actual game sense. Cheating infestation is nothing more than paranoia that has been allowed to breed. Maybe we need to replace EAC with VAC already.

26 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Hey Retardium.

1.6 years (excluding the past 6 months cause I have not played) I have ran in to only a handful of cheaters, the majority of which are just silvers/bronzes with their aimlock turned on and no actual game sense. Cheating infestation is nothing more than paranoia that has been allowed to breed. Maybe we need to replace EAC with VAC already.

i agree that since orbit has taken over there’s been a pretty significant downturn in cheaters, but it’s hard to tell if that’s actually because of orbit making the right moves or because the game is just so dead

there’s been problem time periods as well, i remember a lot of blatant activity before orbit announced battleye but after announcing ff was dialed back

7 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

i agree that since orbit has taken over there’s been a pretty significant downturn in cheaters, but it’s hard to tell if that’s actually because of orbit making the right moves or because the game is just so dead

there’s been problem time periods as well, i remember a lot of blatant activity before orbit announced battleye but after announcing ff was dialed back

Lowbie blatants spiked a bit when PB was turned off cos as flawed as it was, with no client side anti-cheat even the most basic free cheat was able to get through and wait for FF to take a small ice age to figure out they were cheating and ban them. It just carried on at that rate when LO took over until they implemented BattlEye.

As for FFCancer, sorry, FFBans, even aside from any false bans, or G1 using FF to broadcast a ban that wasn't for cheating, the 17000+ unique bans there wasn't actually 17000+ unique people. Film was banned over 200 times that we know about, for example.

2 hours ago, Xinsini said:

Я убежден, что многие из этих иностранных солдат не имеют реальной подготовки и являются одиночными бойцами.

я всегда  был игроком соло . со времени как g1 поставила в игру систему сватовства я играю только на ней . ДА! это Очень сложно ! это безумно портит ваши нервы . а тетерь ! представьте какой опыт вы получаете играя с новичками  против готовых групп !

если вы все будите играть только с сильными игроками , кто будет играть с Noobs ??

Aug 2015 - Jul 2012  разницу видишь ? я считаю оскорблением бросать людей в мусор за то что они не такие как ты .

Edited by Yood

2 hours ago, MrChan said:

B) Something unique to APB makes it hard for software to detect all but obvious cheating in a timely manner, be it the game design, or fundamental vunerabilities in the spaghetti code. If it's the latter, the EU might potentially fix it.

Ok i ll say it from my perspective. I haven't played much of online games at the first place. I am more of an outdoor sportsperson; an injury was which bought me into an online game. APB Is the first online game i played and still playing it for say 6+ years.

I started at a silver district along with my frnd and after 2-3 weeks i got to know abt bronze district and it was hard there as a newbie itself. Maybe cuz im new to PVP. Dont ask about FC's. I believed that if someone could kill me multiple times in a row was jus really good or cheating. I'd usually stick with the latter. Spawn kills were most frequent. I was like..i just spawned and how can he kill me?

Most of the players in baylan were using Obeya cr762 rifle back in those days and even today. I couldnt tap it faster and i was certain that those guys were using macros. After a while i learnt it and I stopped blaming it. 

Take the case of carbine..How the fuck can that guy can kill me with a joker carbine which is a semi auto rifle and im using a oca which is fully automatic? hack for sure I started to play the gun...after a while i saw it as an smg which you tap. 

With snipers..which i spent years to get decent with.. I am not going to get into that.

The thing which worsened all my thoughts was the bans broadcast. I am not shameful to say I accused many of cheating..trust me i did i don't know how many cheated among them, but i am sure i blamed a lot more than that. I wish i could take back all of it. I wish i could.

Add this:-

C. Playing with the same players again and again which gives the feeling that I know this guy very well and he outplays me everytime. Player name comes on banlist and that gives the thought "Yeah i knew right from Day 1  Even before he was born that he was cheating. I was right. Couple more bans and the player is soo sure that he can identify a cheater with his eyes closed. 

Edited by Defibrillator

6 hours ago, FriendlyFires said:

Maybe we should make some forum thread, where players could post proving vids or pics or links

the third thread wanting name and shame.....

and the reply's will be the same..... 

NO THANK YOU

6 hours ago, Seedy said:

so do you think that LO are doing nothing?

If so what do you suggest? BTW I pretty much NEVER see cheaters - maybe 1 out of a thousands players I play against I think, there is something wrong with this guy. I have used report 1 time in my whole time playing APB. Now looking back on it though, I think I was probably wrong to do so and I should have maybe just played much harder as I played against the same people again a couple of rounds later and pissed on the guy who I had reported. I reported him as he seemed to be pre firing when I was getting to corners as if he knew i was there before I got there. I ended up putting it down to Lag in my opinion.

Again what do you suggest?

try Fightclub and you will face atleast one for sure. 🙂

The worst thing is that peopel get to such a high level while aimbotting and even streaming like this guy here.

How can it be that Players like this dont get insta banned? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the cheaters in this thread complaining about other cheaters, >60 iq for sure

• Like 1

1 hour ago, largeAPBgamer said:

the cheaters in this thread complaining about other cheaters, >60 iq for sure

b639c427040759dd346d33e3f774374f.png0c6b94e2edcd704b3d4165797a50760f.png3ce56c0244792aed2bd544eacf0afa59.pngbd1cc160a4238826e3039cdf2c1a8aa2.png

ok folks place your bets, who's the hypocrite cheater

14 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

b639c427040759dd346d33e3f774374f.png0c6b94e2edcd704b3d4165797a50760f.png3ce56c0244792aed2bd544eacf0afa59.pngbd1cc160a4238826e3039cdf2c1a8aa2.png

ok folks place your bets, who's the hypocrite cheater

hmm, BETS ON MRCHAN 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doom32 said:

hmm, BETS ON MRCHAN 

ты или самоубийца или больной .  что ты знаешь о этих людях ? какие факты ты можешь предоставить ? кто ты такой ? 

200 мс в США ? 😄   я не могу в всерьез любую информацию предоставленную тобой . ты ЗЛО и лжец .

Edited by Yood

14 hours ago, Yood said:

я всегда  был игроком соло . со времени как g1 поставила в игру систему сватовства я играю только на ней . ДА! это Очень сложно ! это безумно портит ваши нервы . а тетерь ! представьте какой опыт вы получаете играя с новичками  против готовых групп !

если вы все будите играть только с сильными игроками , кто будет играть с Noobs ??

Aug 2015 - Jul 2012  разницу видишь ? я считаю оскорблением бросать людей в мусор за то что они не такие как ты .

Я не различаю, я принимаю всех в моей группе во время миссионерских операций, пока мы веселимся. Фактически, если у вас есть новые игроки в вашей группе, вы должны помочь им стать лучше. У них есть потенциал.

Just now, Xinsini said:

Я не различаю, я принимаю всех в моей группе во время миссионерских операций, пока мы веселимся. Фактически, если у вас есть новые игроки в вашей группе, вы должны помочь им стать лучше. У них есть потенциал.

это ситуация может иметь две правды ; первая ситуация описана вами - это хорошо . вторая ситуация может быть очень печальной - если вы используете одну группу новичков как пушечное мясо .

меня удивляет видеть русский язык на форуме )) спасибо и извините меня за неудобство .

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this