Sign in to follow this  
Seedy

Can we try a 50 v 50 district Matt?

Would you like to try a 50 v 50 like the old days?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like 50 v 50 server for testing?

• yes sounds good!
    • no

Hey @MattScott would it be possible to turn on a 50 v 50 district on a temporary basis? There are more than enough people on EU to fill and test this out (dont know about NA servers though). You have new servers etc and the performance of the servers when the game was changed to 40 v 40 didnt get any better so adding at least 1 server with 50 v 50 might be a good test. Just a thought.

• Like 1

Another Chaos District but for what?
Testing the server resilience would be give a bit of a counter productive till after the UE3.5 testing has been done, there have been a multitude of problems server side for a number of years but I was hazard a guess that it is for the same reasons on the client side.

1 hour ago, VickyFox said:

Another Chaos District but for what?
Testing the server resilience would be give a bit of a counter productive till after the UE3.5 testing has been done, there have been a multitude of problems server side for a number of years but I was hazard a guess that it is for the same reasons on the client side.

not chaos. APB used to have 50 v 50 as standard

• Like 4

At this moment servers are still performing rather poorly, it'd probably be better to reduce the count per district even more.

4 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

At this moment servers are still performing rather poorly, it'd probably be better to reduce the count per district even more.

i see no issues at all in EU districts.

6 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

Let's just make districts 1-1 max pop. Better for performance. Just forget about this game being an MMO. 

Bring back 50-50 please 

let’s go 100-100, i want to experience 7 different missions taking place in the same area at once 

bonus points because it would allow all of jericho pop into the same district at once :^)

should start with some 10vs10

considering g1 made a shitty excuse to decrease district size in a piss poor attempt to make the game seem more alive i dont see why theyre still at 40v40.

server was completely fine shitting itself with 50v50 as much as it does now with 40v40.

34 minutes ago, Alani said:

considering g1 made a shitty excuse to decrease district size in a piss poor attempt to make the game seem more alive i dont see why theyre still at 40v40.

server was completely fine shitting itself with 50v50 as much as it does now with 40v40.

i think G1 did it to make it look like there were more sever instances to play on.. Which of course, if this is the case, was a stupid idea.

50 v 50 were much more fun. I think anyone who has not experienced them is really missing out. I think if LO and @MattScottwere to put up a couple of 50 v 50 districts and see the impact they would never go back to the 40 v 40. 40 v 40 made no difference in performance and by the time they were implemented, GamersFirst were starting to stop caring about the game anyway. Probably a reason why they never put them back to 50 v 50.

It is worth a try. All you need to do is up the limit and announce it. Will take what.. less than 5 minutes to set up?

Edited by Seedy

They took it down from 50vs50 several years ago. I get it. But do you rly think that increasing it back to 50vs50 will change something? I tell u what, yor game performance will drop by 10FPS.

Server would handle this just fine

If you think that yur matches suck and 50vs50 will change it, well u r wrong cuz what controlls the rocks is matchmaking.

U can hate me for this, but honestly I dont even think that poor matchmaking is such a big issue becouse knowing your limits, and adaptation to current situation is part of the game for me.

Sometimes I go 1 or 2 vs4 and its ok. I know I am goign to lose the mission so I play the different way. Sometimes I get OP backup just in the right time. This is the game for me. Winning the mission is not always the real victory.

Frustrating part comes when unfair matches happens every match - that I may agree with

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

1 hour ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

They took it down from 50vs50 several years ago. I get it. But do you rly think that increasing it back to 50vs50 will change something? I tell u what, yor game performance will drop by 10FPS.

Server would handle this just fine

If you think that yur matches suck and 50vs50 will change it, well u r wrong cuz what controlls the rocks is matchmaking.

U can hate me for this, but honestly I dont even think that poor matchmaking is such a big issue becouse knowing your limits, and adaptation to current situation is part of the game for me.

Sometimes I go 1 or 2 vs4 and its ok. I know I am goign to lose the mission so I play the different way. Sometimes I get OP backup just in the right time. This is the game for me. Winning the mission is not always the real victory.

Frustrating part comes when unfair matches happens every match - that I may agree with

hey if my game drops 10 fps no worries.. I get 100 fps consistently anyway.

I think putting it back up to 50 v 50 will make the districts more dynamic and more alive. PLus there will of course be benefits to the amount of people in a instance.

BTW I dont hate you 🙂

Maybe let the finish what they are working on now, first.

FFS 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this