Havana

Bring back Name and Shame

255 closets are  cheating under new names, some streamers hide it barely well enough, for their white knights to look the underway, when someone calls out the player. It doesn't matter, the closets will cheat, and get away with it, because they will say, I gave my account away and decided to come back on a new account... etc.

for users, the shame sheet gives nothing but information . this is a problem for developers when they can't make a permanent ban .

The crappy threat system has been real pain in the butt for ages. It’s something that can even be traced back to the prehistoric “Apb without reloaded” time.

I can feel you. But name and shame is just not the solution to this. Get over it man

Edited by Fayeth

33 minutes ago, Fayeth said:

The crappy threat system has been real pain in the butt for ages. It’s something that can even be traced back to the prehistoric “Apb without reloaded” time.

I can feel you. But name and shame is just not the solution to this. Get over it man

Rainbow Six Siege broadcasts BE bans and I really doubt that Ubisoft is less competent in online games than LO.

According to LO, the initial ban is temporary while being reviewed to avoid false positive then permanent once proven correct.. They can just broadcast it when correct. 

Please spare  me that bs how broadcast bans gives cheaters publicity, this is just as bad as LO's disabling broadcasts because "it's toxic". I dont' see this game being less toxic, in fact - it's way more toxic than ever. 

The "community" needs to know who is ruining this game so legit players can outcast them. Oh, and it feels good when suspected someone in closetting and then you see the banhammer bringing justice.

Edited by Sayori

52 minutes ago, Sayori said:

I really doubt that Ubisoft is less competent

i think ubisoft has shown how incompetent they are on several massive scales

52 minutes ago, Sayori said:

it feels good when suspected someone in closetting and then you see the banhammer bringing justice

and the opposite, when someone suspects a player of cheating and they're never publicly banned

it could be argued thats exactly what we have now, but imo having a ban list of dozens/hundreds/thousands of alleged cheaters to compare to the alleged cheaters that are not banned has more of a negative effect

Edited by Glaciers
typo

35 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

i think ubisoft has shown how incompetent they are on several massive scales

and the opposite, when someone suspects a player of cheating and they're never publicly banned

it could be argued thats exactly what we have now, but imo having a ban list of dozens/hundreds/thousands of alleged cheaters to compare to the alleged cheaters that are not banned has more of a negative effect

And how would I know a blatant was ever banned?

Nice choice of words though...alleged cheaters. I like how some people have been banned about 15 times + vac bans...but you know...alleged cheaters. Damn that's some serious bad luck there 🙂

People need to see bans broadcasted so they see  LO is actually banning someone, not just reassurance from LO that they are on it because it feels like no one is getting banned.
I fail to see the negativity really. There's nothing different right now than when we had FF broadcasts. And by different I mean in terms of toxicity. It's really worse now than it used to be but that's also due to the fact most decent people left and it's just edgy bois who grasps to their cheats so hard as if their life depends on winning in APB.

Edited by Sayori

On 6/30/2019 at 12:37 PM, Seedy said:

why not give the dethreaters a dunce hat like in GTA. Then they are not being name and shamed but simply being shown that they are not playing by the rules in game

A large chunk of dethreaters are doing it to avoid the closet cheaters (yes they're still here). Punishing dethreaters over cheaters seems a logical thing to do.

/sarcasm

2 minutes ago, Sayori said:

And how would I know a blatant was ever banned?

why would you need to, either they're gone and it doesnt matter or they're still around and therefore obviously not banned

3 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Nice choice of words though...alleged cheaters. I like how some people have been banned like 15 times + vac bans...but you know...alleged cheaters. Damn that's some serious bad luck there 🙂

we can argue all day over whether there were false bans or not and who was cheating or not, i used alleged because these people were accused of cheating (via ff ban) but obviously there were problems with ff

7 minutes ago, Sayori said:

People need to see bans broadcast so they people LO is actually banning someone, not just reassurance from LO that they are on it because it feels like no one is getting banned.

what if orbit turns on broadcasts and there's only 2 bans a month? what if there's 200 bans a month? the community would flip out over either 

12 minutes ago, Sayori said:

I fail to see the negativity really. There's nothing different right now than when we had FF broadcasts

yeah the ffbans site was squeaky clean

sure it was a "third party site" but obviously ban broadcasts directly contributed to it, and if you think none of that cesspool spilled over onto the forums or ingame you're an idiot

5 minutes ago, Spy said:

A large chunk of dethreaters are doing it to avoid the closet cheaters (yes they're still here)

forgive me if i find it hard to believe that any dethreater has enough of a brain to accurately identify closets

There hasn't been naming and shaming since the initial use of Fairfight, and even then it was brief 

This was the choice made by Little Orbit:

They chose to reduce toxicity by removing the public nature of bans. This means no more 3rd party toxicity orgies like FFbans, as well as less in game chatter about cheaters, since even naming and shaming in game is not allowed. 

One of the costs of this choice is increased paranoia. 

Without the public broadcasting of bans, some players have begun to question how many, if any, players are being banned. 

Other players just seem to miss the drama of public bans. For them I'm not sure I feel sympathy. Lol

I personally would love to know data about bans. Like # of bans, ranks of bans, Crim vs Enf etc but it's not like it effects my gameplay experience if I don't. 

I completly understand your frustration about name and shame. I am very vocal about dethreating. ON the bronze server this weekend 80% of games had a dethreater. (and i am being kind with that figure) . I also noticed that if i make a new character, the dethreating will be higher then if i have my level 255.

15 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

but it never did.

some openly would make names ver 1 ver 2 etc just to be seen again and mess with peoples heads.

others made toxic names just to forcefully get banned and cause problems that way.

and the attention they received only encouraged them more.

and regardless of that , it became so toxic so hateful of conversations to be on that APB simply was not fun to play , which is what games are supposed to be.

for those and other reasons , name and shame should never be back

And lets be honest, APB is more fun to play without it? Same toxicity regardless of the name and shame, just less ppl playing.

i dont understand why they dont just kick golds from bronze districts, is it really so hard to write 3 lines of code "if gold > kick"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PillowWaifu said:

i dont understand why they dont just kick golds from bronze districts, is it really so hard to write 3 lines of code "if gold > kick"

because then all the people who bounce between silver and gold will have to constantly switch districts until their game “out of memory” crashes 

1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

because then all the people who bounce between silver and gold will have to constantly switch districts until their game “out of memory” crashes 

Well good! they dont belong there anyway if they are borderline gold.

• Like 1

Just now, PillowWaifu said:

Well good! they dont belong there anyway if they are borderline gold.

i think that’s arguable at best considering how broad the gold threat category is, but my main point was that these people would then likely just stop playing rather than reboot apb every 3rd match 

1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

i think that’s arguable at best considering how broad the gold threat category is, but my main point was that these people would then likely just stop playing rather than reboot apb every 3rd match 

or just accept their fate and play in silver

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

And lets be honest, APB is more fun to play without it? Same toxicity regardless of the name and shame, just less ppl playing.

Yes it is funner to play without the toxicity from it and no its clearly less toxic without it.

if you subtract you subtract

And no it is about the same number of players without it , there was a different thread recently showing the stats on how many players.

Merged.

5 hours ago, Sayori said:

I fail to see the negativity really

you're causing some with it right now....

6 hours ago, Glaciers said:

why would you need to, either they're gone and it doesnt matter or they're still around and therefore obviously not banned

we can argue all day over whether there were false bans or not and who was cheating or not, i used alleged because these people were accused of cheating (via ff ban) but obviously there were problems with ff

what if orbit turns on broadcasts and there's only 2 bans a month? what if there's 200 bans a month? the community would flip out over either 

yeah the ffbans site was squeaky clean

sure it was a "third party site" but obviously ban broadcasts directly contributed to it, and if you think none of that cesspool spilled over onto the forums or ingame you're an idiot

Why? Because I want to know the system is at least trying to make things fair.  It does matter.  Just assume there's a serial murderer but suddenly the murderers stop. So it doesn't matter if they got caught or just moved on and stopped? Of course it matters.

Sure, false FF bans were a thing but come on, when you are also VAC'd and have profiles on paid cheat sites...yeah, things really start to pile up.

No idea really how would people react to the number of bans really. But can't be that bad.

FFbans wasn't on the forums so you weren't forced to go and read it. It didn't breed  toxicity, the toxicity already existed, it became outlet for it.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

Yes it is funner to play without the toxicity from it and no its clearly less toxic without it.

if you subtract you subtract

And no it is about the same number of players without it , there was a different thread recently showing the stats on how many players.

Merged.

you're causing some with it right now....

lul, downright lies. APB is less toxic? Come on, try harder, my dude. 

Can you explain how am I  causing negativity now? It seems to me that you are just throwing stuff out there without any facts and logic ™

When I played Path of Exile few years ago there was that guy who forgot he was streaming and turned on fov/zoom hack allowing him to see more of the map. People posted it on the forums and in 15 minutes the guy was gone.

How do I post the twitch channels of those 2 particular russians who cheat on stream without getting deleted, banned and censored? One is nearly blatant because the bot sucks and he sucks at hiding it, the other is better, has a small fov. Well I guess they will keep cheating and ruining everyones time in the game. Gotta love the system.

Edited by Sayori

5 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Why? Because I want to know the system is at least trying to make things fair.  It does matter.  Just assume there's a serial murderer but suddenly the murderers stop. So it doesn't matter if they got caught or just moved on and stopped? Of course it matters.

Sure, false FF bans were a thing but come on, when you are also VAC'd and have profiles on paid cheat sites...yeah, things really start to pile up.

No idea really how would people react to the number of bans really. But can't be that bad.

FFbans wasn't on the forums so you weren't forced to go and read it. It didn't breed  toxicity, the toxicity already existed, it became outlet for it.

he’s gone either way though, i guess we have different mindsets on this

reaction to ban numbers would be pretty significant, i remember plenty of threads about how ff was broken when there were no bans for a few hours (to be fair some of the time it was actually broken)

and then then on the flip side all the times “17000+ bans” was vomited out everywhere, probably more repeats of that than the bans themselves 

as i said ffbans toxicity frequently spilled over, it was never limited to the site/discord - the toxicity might have always been under the surface but visible broadcasts certainly focused it, having an echo chamber that amplified everything was just icing on the cake

2 hours ago, Sayori said:

~Snip~

yes APB is noticeably less toxic ,  however people who are toxic cant tell because they are too busy causing it and are blaming the other people  for defending themselves.

use a /report  ; its what it is for.

OP, I know exactly who/what you are talking about.

I recently got 3 brand new players to try APB. They naturally were in bronze district and were continually stomped by said de-threater and other cheaters (Im not one to call everyone a cheater but this guy was speedhacking). One thing I noticed, is that both the max rank player sniping noobs with an RFP 'fang' and the cheater was that they were both gold threat but chilling in bronze district. I know this wouldnt exactly solve the issue but I think it would be much more fair for new players if gold were automatically kicked from bronze district. Although my friends were in high spirits about the game, they were still frustrated that such imbalanced systems existed.

So can I name the SQUAD?

I honestly didn't read half of this crap. 

One part says to me if you are opposed, YOU might be part of the problem!

i WILL GO BACK AT SOME POINT, BUT ITS REALLY JUST DEFENSE OF SHIT AND YOU KNOW IT!

If someone is blatant and everyone knows it and is reported. ACTION shold be taken. 

OF course, noobies and hatred and juvenilism will take ppl to extremes.

But, BE REAL! 

The ONLY people that will combat that are cheats anyway!

1 hour ago, Havana said:

So can I name the SQUAD?

I honestly didn't read half of this crap. 

One part says to me if you are opposed, YOU might be part of the problem!

i WILL GO BACK AT SOME POINT, BUT ITS REALLY JUST DEFENSE OF SHIT AND YOU KNOW IT!

If someone is blatant and everyone knows it and is reported. ACTION shold be taken. 

OF course, noobies and hatred and juvenilism will take ppl to extremes.

But, BE REAL! 

The ONLY people that will combat that are cheats anyway!

FoR real, why are yOu Not DOing correct capitalization?

DoEs it help you in some way?

Be more cautIous KnowINg other people read thIs too.

You talk about the faction you face, but your main faction has these type of players in bronze too, you don't notice it. It's likely a vicius circle right?. We can't do nothing but if you accept the challenge your skills will improve for sure, if u give up everytime you face someone better than you, you will stay the same, that is bad.

Currently we match high vs low skilled players almost exclusively. That’s like throwing a person into the water (who can’t swim) instead of giving him swimming lessons. Improvements will happen incrementally or in the case of “the swimmer” not at all and they will drown(quit). Some players will "gitgud" very fast and others will be more slowly, other will quit aswell..

I have a real example for you, there was a clan that played very bad everymatch, if them face us again they will prefer to afk all the mission.. later they starting taking the challenge and now it's very cool to face them, even they win the match sometimes lol. Their aim skills, tap fire and coordination improved very well. 😯 

(ofc it was not instantly, but it didn't took too much tbh, maybe 2 week?)

How in the world are you getting better at the game by playing people worse than you? Are you afraid of losing? 🤔 🤭

Edit: grammar 

Edited by APB Ex-Addicted