Sign in to follow this  
LUST

Shini's spawn...

11 minutes ago, MattScott said:

2) The second video is definitely speed hacking, but why is it assumed this is a GM?

We've gone frame by frame in that video, and that's a newb shirt with no identifiable marks. Is everyone on this thread assuming that the first and second videos are tied together? That for some reason a GM would cause Shini to rubberband intentionally to interfere with their mission, and then that same GM became visible and speedhacked past Shini to troll him? I just don't follow the logic being presented here.

Normally when someone speedhacks in APB they teleport from place to place. The only time it's ever appeared smooth is when the Devs used to do it years ago (Omochabox was the last I remember doing it in district for funzies, and she's gone a long time). That's likely the basis for the GM accusation.

Personally I don't consider myself educated enough to have a definite opinion on it.

Edited by MrChan

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Hard at work I see.

lmaoooo, they're maybe testing fairfight who knows

2 minutes ago, hack said:

Client side speed hacking is not as smooth as GM commands, What client side cheat speedhack looks like is teleporting because of the packet manipulation, Ive seen the commands on Innova and I have seen GMs use it there and it looks exactly the same smooth speedhack, Don't start pulling G1 behavior on us, Just be honest.

can you stop trolling? you just wanna provoke without any evidence at all 

Streamers will say just about anything to get views. 

• Like 1

welp now it’s officially he said/she said, any semblance of constructive posting this thread had is null and void

3 minutes ago, hack said:

Client side speed hacking is not as smooth as GM commands, What client side cheat speedhack looks like is teleporting because of the packet manipulation, Ive seen the commands on Innova and I have seen GMs use it there and it looks exactly the same smooth speedhack, Don't start pulling G1 behavior on us, Just be honest.

Given some of the stuff that people have managed to reverse engineer it's not impossible someone's managed to compromise the GM commands.

Edited by MrChan

6 minutes ago, MattScott said:

1) The first video looks like lag to me.

It's hard for me to see when Shini was streaming exactly, but I know 4 hours ago we got hammered fairly significantly. NA servers have been on mitigation ever since. We do know that lag and teleporting happens during these cases. Teleporting occurs when a player's movement updates are sent out of order or lost by the server. For the player they move on their client, but the server eventually tells the client to reset in an attempt to sync and get packets flowing properly between the client and server again. A reset teleports the player back to wherever the server's last valid location was. If Shini's last valid location on the server was a spawn point that happened to be far away from the objective, then that is unfortunately, and we apologize for his bad experience in-game. I have already posted the steps we are taking to reduce the lag, and we are following those steps.

2) The second video is definitely speed hacking, but why is it assumed this is a GM?

We've gone frame by frame in that video, and that's a newb shirt with no identifiable marks. Is everyone on this thread assuming that the first and second videos are tied together? That for some reason a GM would cause Shini to rubberband intentionally to interfere with their mission, and then that same GM became visible and speedhacked past Shini to troll him? I just don't follow the logic being presented here.

I'm sorry Matt, Shini is not on NA so it being on Mitigation doesn't affect him whatsoever. Not to mention that no one else seemed to be lagging and pedestrians and cars who are also SERVER SIDED weren't affected by the supposed DDoS / Mitigation.

Additionally, people KNOW this was a GM because Speed hacks make the player warp all over the place while the GM command to set your running speed does NOT do that.

Also, another massive factor is that Shini spawned a thousand meters away twice, this DOES NOT happen unless teamkilled and unluckily spawning in a car spawner across the map which wasn't the case.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kaori1 said:

Streamers will say just about anything to get views. 

Interesting comment, it was the chat that said it all for me though.

5 minutes ago, MrChan said:

Why are people blaming the volunteer GM programme? It hasn't actually started yet, has it?

Honestly, ive seen speeders, they make little warps. Ive seen gm videos, they run like that.

2 minutes ago, hack said:

It's a stupid argument because it hinges on pure speculation and anecdotal evidence to prove a point. Are you absolutely aware that there is no hack available that could give you that form of speedhack..? Like I mean absolutely 100% positive, you've checked every website that provides that sort of software and confirmed with empirical evidence that it cannot be done. Anything perceived can be achieved. 

Just now, Shini said:

Interesting comment, it was the chat that said it all for me though.

You read what chat said outloud and went with it. You're just stirring the pot now. Honestly no better than streamers who claim that people are constantly trying to stream snipe them. 

• Like 1

As someone who have played this game for about 7 years since 2011, i can say two things about these clips, EVEN if they ARE NOT connected.

1. Lagging while the server craps itself does not look like that, it makes you warp forwards, never in my life playing apb did i warp back to the SAME position multiple times during lag, always a little bit forward from the -last valid location- as Matt said.

2. Speedhacking in this game doesnt look that smooth, ever, only if a command made the player do it. In this time when i played, anytime ive seen a cheater pull the super speed "trick" it always made them warp forwards, it was never smooth movement as on the video.

However my 2. point doesn't matter since i dont know if the two videos are connected or not, if a GM sped past someone it doesnt really matter anyway since they cant hit you and you cant hit them.

13 minutes ago, hack said:

It is one of your GMs, His name is b****3 and he keeps doing it not only to streamers but to regular players as well, Not trying to name and shame but this GM power abuse is getting out of hand and starts to piss everyone off.

I will be doing an investigation regarding this. Thank you for reporting. 

4 minutes ago, Frosi said:

Additionally, people KNOW this was a GM because Speed hacks make the player warp all over the place while the GM command to set your running speed does NOT do that.

Just fyi, that doesn't actually amount to knowing it was a GM for certain.

Sure, that we know of, no one's speedhacked smoothly before. But no one hacked into Air Control (previously only seen as part of Devlar) or abused the unstick command to teleport out of danger before Goat did it. It doesn't mean Goat was a Dev or GM. It just means he was the first one to do those things. As I said, someone may have found a way to access GM commands without being a GM.

Edited by MrChan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AgentWatson said:

Anything perceived can be achieved. 

I percieve you, me, and a bottle of wine in my hot tub tonight.

IDTPrwd.gif

U guys are going too far away , its not a big deal to discuss , even that @Lixil says the truth , its disrespectful. Why would she lie? Lets cut this topic in here

11 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Let me step in here. I'm not sure how to answer this more clearly than Lixil already has, but I'll walk through this.

1) The first video looks like lag to me.

It's hard for me to see when Shini was streaming exactly, but I know 4 hours ago we got hammered fairly significantly. NA servers have been on mitigation ever since. We do know that lag and teleporting happens during these cases. Teleporting occurs when a player's movement updates are sent out of order or lost by the server. For the player they move on their client, but the server eventually tells the client to reset in an attempt to sync and get packets flowing properly between the client and server again. A reset teleports the player back to wherever the server's last valid location was. If Shini's last valid location on the server was a spawn point that happened to be far away from the objective, then that is unfortunately, and we apologize for his bad experience in-game. I have already posted the steps we are taking to reduce the lag, and we are following those steps.

3) All GM commands are fully logged on our end so we can review them.

I am well aware of the big debate over volunteer GMs. We are watching very closely, and in this case I can confirm that Lixil and her team saw this post and reviewed the logs. There was no hint of any GM abuse or speedhacking.

Let me be as transparent as I can on this issue:
- If a GM messes up, they will be punished and taken off the team. Period.

- I feel like there is no value in hiding or covering up problems. We own them, take care of them, and move on.

4) Announcements

This comment on this thread concerns me the most.

This feels a bit extreme given that there is literally no basis behind the information presented in this thread.

I have taken great care in what I have announced. Everything we talk about publicly has a plan that is being executed on. I have specifically not announced the BattlEye patch release date, because I can't be 100% certain when that will happen. It's our first patch and we want BattlEye to be bullet proof.

I think Techdev is making the assumption that we had months before the acquisition to plan and get a bunch of work done first. However, that simply isn't the case. We were barely allowed to review code. 

Thanks,
Matt

I myself had some realy bad experiences with the G1 staff, indeed my experiences with former owners had not been great, and passing them onto LO isnt fair, i appologise . Pls prove me wrong soonTM. 

Edited by Techdev

21 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Go sit in the shame corner with the flat earthers and think about what youve done

Did you know the creator of weather forcast has already talked about this. The government only funded scientists that would prove thier theory on global warming. Not disprove it, they were bought and paid for. Fun fact -volcanic eruptions put more pollution in the atmosphere then we humans can in 8 years. And thats just 1 eruption. I think you need to view where you gather your information snowflake. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lixil said:

I will be doing an investigation regarding this. Thank you for reporting. 

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Kaori1 said:

You read what chat said outloud and went with it. You're just stirring the pot now. Honestly no better than streamers who claim that people are constantly trying to stream snipe them. 

I read the chat to interact and reply to my viewers. Its how you form a connection with your viewers. I read what they say so I can directly reply to that persons comment instead of replying 'yes' or 'no' I read the comment then I reply.

You can spin it as much as you want though, I refuse to believe you're this dense. I think you're just upset for some reason but thats ok.

I think at the end of the day I am skeptical because it just seems too coincidental that I got teleported to that spots 5 mins before, then those 2 clips happen. Then some dude smoothly speeds past me like he's wearing 'Devlar'. - https://db.apbvault.net/items/FnMod_Character_Devlar/

Anyway I don't really care too much, I just hope this doesn't happen more often because it honestly doesn't look like lag. Citadel EU was perfect for me today.

Edited by Shini
  • Like 3

Just now, CookiePuss said:

-snip-

Another asinine comment by APB's finest, keep up the good work. 

even if that was a GM and whats the deal? So shini lost a fuckin mission , nothing happened.

Just now, AgentWatson said:

Another asinine comment by APB's finest, keep up the good work. 

yLPAX2s.gif

• Like 1