Sign in to follow this  
LUST

Shini's spawn...

When everyone belives speculation to be fact. Thats why hilary almost won..why people belive in global warming, and why trump had ties with russia. Yet it is all fake 🙂

• Like 1

Every legit player is willing to believe , but the BS DDOS excuse for everything isn't sticking for us , certainly cbt's.

G1 had most naive ppl fooled for years, we are back and like some responsible explanations pls.

Wow, did things get carried away in this thread?! Seriously guys, it's probably either a speedhacker or DDOSing. The game is experiencing DDOSing so of course Lixii is going to say that the game is experiencing issues currently on that side when the issue seems like it may be related to lag. I think the hacker running past was just coincidental it's not related though. One month in to the new GM team and you guys are already trying to burn bridges. 

Edited by AgentWatson
  • Like 1

People also need to chill. Even if a GM actually did this it's not that big of a deal. It probably cost Shini about a minute in a random mission with nothing at stake. However that is definitely not a lagspike and the timing with the teleporting and the flash is also interesting.

I was the one that got teleported to GM roof while streaming and sure, it made me a bit late for the mission but I don't see any harm in it. It's a video game and as it currently stands there's no leaderboards or any sort of ranking that this could have affected. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rim said:

Not to brag or anything but i'm actively playing this game Tobii and i can assure you speedhackers are still around in the game.

Usually in the fight club districts otherwise rarely in the action districts too.

Record it and show me someone running like that 🙂

this is what a cheater using speed hack looks like

not what were seeing in that clip.

• Like 1

MattScott , it isn't easy , but we are more serious about apb than our wives, semper fi!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jukin said:

When everyone belives speculation to be fact. why people belive in global warming

Go sit in the shame corner with the flat earthers and think about what youve done

26 minutes ago, Shini said:

I saw this happen to another streamer aswell, got teleported to the admin roof in financial.

Not a good sign guys, the game is annoying enough as it is. Dont need admins fucking shit up for us too.

In light of answers I've read so far this brings up the question: how secure are the servers at the moment against someone who knows what he/she's doing with his "input"?

Is the next bunch of cheaters going to have access to (some of) GM powers?

2 minutes ago, Tobii said:

Published june 5 2016. Sounds like a current speed hack to me. >,> jesus. <-- eyeroll btw

Edited by Jukin
Correction

1 minute ago, Tobii said:

Happened yesterday on my stream 

1 minute ago, dogfish said:

With no warps?

3 minutes ago, dogfish said:

People also need to chill. Even if a GM actually did this it's not that big of a deal. It probably cost Shini about a minute in a random mission with nothing at stake. However that is definitely not a lagspike and the timing with the teleporting and the flash is also interesting.

I was the one that got teleported to GM roof while streaming and sure, it made me a bit late for the mission but I don't see any harm in it. It's a video game and as it currently stands there's no leaderboards or any sort of ranking that this could have affected. 

Well thats all true, but it shows an abuse of power immediately after GMs returned to the game, not to mention Iixil is either lying or being lied to... not sure which would be worse tbh. 

But its def a problem either way. 

I've been matched against speed hacking cheaters. I believe LO on this we can all talk but in the end it's speculation.

2 minutes ago, dogfish said:

What Tobii is saying is that a cheaters speed hack will warp you all over the place while GM's modified sprinting speed won't.

Edited by Frosi

Just now, Frosi said:

What Tobii is saying is that a cheaters speed hack will warp you all over the place while GM's modified walking speed wont.

Meant when he said regoated got patched. Had a warping speedhacker yesterday or the day before

9 minutes ago, Tobii said:

Let's say that he did lag.

That doesn't explain the person running past him.

People are not able to run at that speed without warping.

This was someone who had their speed set, not someone telling the server otherwise. It's not a cheater.

He didn't have /fps up during the TP portion, so we don't have any information about his client at that point in time, aside from the gameplay footage itself.

I've personally seen speedhackers go that smoothly that quickly, so what we witnessed in the second clip is not out of the realm of possibility. Goat has a video on his YouTube channel from 2015 where he's speedhacking around, and while not as smooth as the Twitch clip, that's from 3 years ago.

3 minutes ago, Frosi said:

What Tobii is saying is that a cheaters speed hack will warp you all over the place while GM's modified sprinting speed won't.

What Tobi is actually showing is a video from 2 years ago of somebody warping not a current video of a speed hack so therefore he has no clue what is available in the hacking world. Stay woke people!!!! #beatheFuddd -      i belive the streamer who has an Actual CURRENT stream of it before anyone else who wants to add bogus replys

Edited by Jukin
Correction

33 minutes ago, Lixil said:

Hello everyone.

This, as I said on Shini stream, was NOT done by a GM. Shini at that point has a huge lag and was kept getting spawned on the same spot (we also had some lag on the server). 

The Flash role player - I don't want this to start being Naming players or end up as Shaming. But guys please don't use cheats in the game. 

It is one of your GMs, His name is b****3 and he keeps doing it not only to streamers but to regular players as well, Not trying to name and shame but this GM power abuse is getting out of hand and starts to piss everyone off.

Edited by hack
Name and shame
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Me when i heard about random people from this wonderful community getting GM powers.

WU2SJuT.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Lixil said:

Hello everyone.

This, as I said on Shini stream, was NOT done by a GM. Shini at that point has a huge lag and was kept getting spawned on the same spot (we also had some lag on the server). 

The Flash role player - I don't want this to start being Naming players or end up as Shaming. But guys please don't use cheats in the game. 

I know ive been rude, and i dont want to sound any more rude now... but you cant ask cheaters to stop cheating. Is like to say "water please stop being wet".

I honestly laughed hard.

Hi guys,

Let me step in here. I'm not sure how to answer this more clearly than Lixil already has, but I'll walk through this.

1) The first video looks like lag to me.

It's hard for me to see when Shini was streaming exactly, but I know 4 hours ago we got hammered fairly significantly. NA servers have been on mitigation ever since. We do know that lag and teleporting happens during these cases. Teleporting occurs when a player's movement updates are sent out of order or lost by the server. For the player they move on their client, but the server eventually tells the client to reset in an attempt to sync and get packets flowing properly between the client and server again. A reset teleports the player back to wherever the server's last valid location was. If Shini's last valid location on the server was a spawn point that happened to be far away from the objective, then that is unfortunately, and we apologize for his bad experience in-game. I have already posted the steps we are taking to reduce the lag, and we are following those steps.

2) The second video is definitely speed hacking, but why is it assumed this is a GM?

We've gone frame by frame in that video, and that's a newb shirt with no identifiable marks. Is everyone on this thread assuming that the first and second videos are tied together? That for some reason a GM would cause Shini to rubberband intentionally to interfere with their mission, and then that same GM became visible and speedhacked past Shini to troll him? I just don't follow the logic being presented here.

3) All GM commands are fully logged on our end so we can review them.

I am well aware of the big debate over volunteer GMs. We are watching very closely, and in this case I can confirm that Lixil and her team saw this post and reviewed the logs. There was no hint of any GM abuse or speedhacking.

Let me be as transparent as I can on this issue:
- If a GM messes up, they will be punished and taken off the team. Period.

- I feel like there is no value in hiding or covering up problems. We own them, take care of them, and move on.

4) Announcements

This comment on this thread concerns me the most.

10 minutes ago, Techdev said:

No offence to the new staff.

But pls do not anounce stuff untill it is ready, LO had the biggest chance to work things out and walk in with everyting ready.

Blow us all away with a new anticheat, ..... why didn't LO wait untill everything was up and running and take apb by storm, srry but this feels like G1 trying to milk us 1 last time before shutting down.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

This feels a bit extreme given that there is literally no basis behind the information presented in this thread.

I have taken great care in what I have announced. Everything we talk about publicly has a plan that is being executed on. I have specifically not announced the BattlEye patch release date, because I can't be 100% certain when that will happen. It's our first patch and we want BattlEye to be bullet proof.

I think Techdev is making the assumption that we had months before the acquisition to plan and get a bunch of work done first. However, that simply isn't the case. We were barely allowed to review code. 

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

Why are people blaming the volunteer GM programme? It hasn't actually started yet, has it?

6 minutes ago, hack said:

It is one of your GMs, His name is b****3 and he keeps doing it not only to streamers but to regular players as well, Not trying to name and shame but this GM power abuse is getting out of hand and starts to piss everyone off.

78rzIt1.gif

Just now, MattScott said:

2) The second video is definitely speed hacking, but why is it assumed this is a GM?

We've gone frame by frame in that video, and that's a newb shirt with no identifiable marks. Is everyone on this thread assuming that the first and second videos are tied together? That for some reason a GM would cause Shini to rubberband intentionally to interfere with their mission, and then that same GM became visible and speedhacked past Shini to troll him? I just don't follow the logic being presented here.

Client side speed hacking is not as smooth as GM commands, What client side cheat speedhack looks like is teleporting because of the packet manipulation, Ive seen the commands on Innova and I have seen GMs use it there and it looks exactly the same smooth speedhack, Don't start pulling G1 behavior on us, Just be honest.