2 replies to this topic

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

To cover the basics right off the bat there are a few "rules" to builds.

• What stance are you using?
    • If it is not a stance that increases weapon skill modifiers, be sure to account for your end-game weapon requirements.
  • What aura are you using?
    • An aura is not "required" but it benefits you and your group, and chances are you will not get as good of perks from spending elsewhere for the same points.
  • Will the build be support or DPS?
    • Support can be stronger out-going heals, team sustain, or debilitating enemys. (Nano, Empathic, Patho, Suppression, Illumination, Enhancement, or Social as examples)
    • DPS obviously is more of an offensive focus (Armor debuffs, mutation nukes/DoT's, Power, or extra charge shots)
  • Have fun.
    • The fact is, you want something out of your setup, As long as you have fun with it, go for it, but try to avoid going to far into fantasy land to where you can't even do tasks you want.

When leveling focus on the following skills/mutation as priority.

• Weapon (Pistol, Melee, or Rifle... do not do two at once while leveling unless going concentration stance)
  • First Aid (Resuscitation and then Staunch Wounds)
  • Armor Use (Always rank this up as resists are important)
  • Empathic (Benevolence)

As long as you scale these based on their primary abilities, leveling will be easy.

Red labeled builds are more-so focused in PVP

Green labeled builds are for all use (PVE friendly)

All builds are designed to use AP Augmentation weapons at 55. This also includes +3 weapon skill shirts.

Rifle

I'll post three "unfinished" builds as basic templates to understand how they should look.

Due to the nature of rifle's very poor DPS, the builds will only be shown that support a Shotgun/Sniper setup. While you "could" use a Battle Rifle it is highly recommended to stay within these general setups. You can raise rifle skill to 155 for Assault Rifles or lower it to 151 for the AP Battle Rifle if you wish.

Pistols are simply better as DPS weapons.

Marksman Stance - Generally the recommended "setup" prior to tweaking a build as it has the most AP to spend.

Concentration Stance - Power is removed as you may or may not still invest in power.

All Other Stances - No reason not to get 186 First Aid with the perception you'll be getting to hit 190 Rifle

• You can use Augmentation to lower this to 180 to keep using a shotgun to save AP which isn't a terrible idea.
  • First Aid "can" be lowered to 156 which includes the higher intelligence investment.
  • Power can be rasied to use attack posture, obviously as the name suggests "All Other Stances"

Finished Builds

Generally is not recommended to not try and use Illumination due to it being an off-stat aura line. Most of these builds will be running 153 rifle and thus require Marksman Stance and a Vista/Enforcer T-shirt.

Damage

• Telekinesis/DT - The burst thanks to 4x armor cuts is real. Viable in PVE but not required.
  • Primal - Solid amount of HP which can use primal vigor/save yourself to soak a ton of damage. (Not a Dome build)
  • Thermal - TK is better but this doesn't require coordination. (Not on Buzzkill)
  • Sonic
  • Patho

Support

Pistol

I'll post three "unfinished" builds (for each weapon type) as basic templates to understand how they should look.

I will not be listing builds for Sawn Off or SMGs. They are just not viable as main weapons, they are fun tho.

Desperado Stance - Light Pistols

Desperado Stance - Medium Pistols

Desperado Stance - Heavy Pistols

150 is to unlock Incendiary Strike, as going lower will cost more AP in the long run.

Concentration Stance - Light Pistols

Concentration Stance - Medium Pistols

Concentration Stance - Heavy Pistols

150 is to unlock Incendiary Strike, as it is still a viable DoT in PVP and a viable source of DPS increase.

All Other Stances - Light Pistols

All Other Stances - Medium Pistols

All Other Stances - Heavy Pistols

Finished Builds

Generally is not recommended to not try and use Illumination due to it being an off-stat aura line. All finished builds will be focusing on Heavy Pistols... as people are to much of panzies to try lights >_>

Damage

• Dirty Tricks - Not required in PVE but viable.
  • Thermal - Not that great in PVE, but still viable.
  • Sonic - Most viable damage mutation for PVE
  • Primal - Viable in PVE or PVP (Not a Dome build)

Support

• "Tank" Healer - Yes, simply moved rifle to pistol... not kidding. (Not a Dome build) Pistol is 153 for Perfect Timing.
  • Social - Yes, simply moved rifle to pistol... not kidding.
  • Suppression - While it's use in PVE is limited, it will restore gamma/stamina to your team (and you).

Pistols are the best for PVE... period. It's the highest DPS weapon.

Melee

I'll post three "unfinished" builds as basic templates to understand how they should look.

Unlike Pistol or RIfle, you can swap between the main stats Coordination and Strength depending on if you want more stamina or health.

Bloodlust Stance

Concentration Stance - Can choose between 2 Intelligence or keeping Dexterity, you get the idea.

All Other Stances

Finished Builds

All builds can swap between Illumination or Group Tactics for auras.

Dual Wield/Two handed

• Patho - Would have done 182 but Dodge/DT/EA are too sexy to pass up...
  • Primal "Beast" - For those wanting to be the "tank" of their team in PVP, you don't "need" empathic besides Share Life if you really want to go true "beast" mode.
  • Dirty Tricks - Good for PVE and PVP.

Dual Wield

• Thermal - Can also be 2h but is usually better for 1h. More viable for PVP tho.

Two handed - Builds that are almost strictly two handed due to how abilities function.

Any builds not listed here are that you feel "should" be here can be posted, they will be added if they are new player friendly.

If you wish to have a been looked at, you may reply to this thread and it will then be included to the list.

Sorry I can't bring myself to post more builds at a single given time, I'm more interested in "tweaking" builds and "making" builds on request. I will add more later. This is simply options for newer players to try and consider.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Kutal

Kutal

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 13-February 13

After many years away from the game ;missing many updates back in time,this guide really helped me to see the changes.

It is a pretty understandable , new and updated data base, for viable  builds to say the least.

Thanks for your work.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7725 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

After many years away from the game ;missing many updates back in time,this guide really helped me to see the changes.

It is a pretty understandable , new and updated data base, for viable  builds to say the least.

Thanks for your work.

Ya I mostly just respond to PMs but I honestly never keep them... otherwise the list would be 15x long.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users