• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5203 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Please post your design feedback to the Summer Survival Event in this thread. For more information on the event please review this blog post.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

PrincessTwilight

PrincessTwilight

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2463 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11

how health will be done?
maybe health can only be recovered via Medi sprays? (found in the map?)

I'm worried about the fact its Free for all. Whats going to stop clans from "Meta Grouping"?
Would it be more wise to allow squads because people are going to squad up regardless?

Games like PUBG and H1Z1 have enough physical cover, like trees and houses, and visual cover, like bushes you can hide in.  maybe sprinkle empty shells of cars around the map for cover. some maybe smoking?

Are cars also going to be limited? maybe only set/random spawns for civi cars can be driven, and player cars disabled?
I fear if cars are too easily available they will be too powerful in a game with limited ammo.

Edited by PrincessTwilight, 17 May 2017 - 01:09 PM.

San Paro City Mentor (SPCM)

PrincessTwilight - Jericho, Han

PrincessTwi - Citadel

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7093 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

I know this is probably the last thing you care about, but have you considered a, for lack of a better word, lorical reason for the zones? As it is all of the permanent game modes have fit into the lore relatively well (with the exception of Butcher) so it would be slightly awkward IMO to have one super-gameified game mode.

Also, I think you might want to consider integrating fog similar to the halloween event to nerf long ranged weapons.

Also also, please remove all living city characters and vehicles.

i only wonder how health will be done,

maybe health can only be recovered via Medi sprays? (found in the map?)

That's a bad idea IMO, as it entirely changes the strategy of the game and offsets the balance of mods and weapons. Also note that you already don't have regen in the last block of the game.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

PoshDoll

PoshDoll

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2572 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

something new, which is defo what's needed so props to you guys for that. we're hanging in here, no worries. i'm getting kinda dizzy tho.

Much madness is divinest sense to a discerning eye; much sense - the starkest Madness. `Tis the Majority. In this, as All, prevail. Assent - and you are sane. Demur - you`re straightaway dangerous and handled with a Chain.
PSN: skitsolite

Spoiler

Hollowchick

Hollowchick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1102 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

Actual flippin progress, me likey.
But I honestly gotta say:
This feels so ripped from Battlegrounds it's insane.
If you guys weren't actually giving us some more detailed information about the engine in this blogpost I'd almost be tempted to just call this a "last ditch all or nothing effort" of getting players back. Still this to me feels so much like grabbing players from an entirely different game just because you can.
I still appreciate that you try something new though. Let's see how it turns out, although I'd love to see some changes to it that makes it look less like Battlegrounds.

No, I am not that guy named "h0llow" who is AFKing on Citadel Social all the time, proof here. My characters are called "Hollowchick" and "Hoilowchick" so please stop mixing us up, thank you.

I know what fairfight exactly does i was just trying to make it look like sh*t cause i dont like it

APB Community in a nutshell. And here I am wondering why "post-truth" became the word of 2016.

Lord Cashpoint

Lord Cashpoint

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4745 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12

How do you plan to stop players joining their friends' district and teaming up together?

Royal-Forum-Logo.png

Patriot | yfqv.pngLordCashpoint | criminalgold230.pngAdvancedRookie |

SW1FT

SW1FT

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Joined 08-July 12

If you guys weren't actually giving us some more detailed information about the engine in this blogpost I'd almost be tempted to just call this a "last ditch all or nothing effort" of getting players back. Still this to me feels so much like grabbing players from an entirely different game just because you can.
I still appreciate that you try something new though. Let's see how it turns out, although I'd love to see some changes to it that makes it look less like Battlegrounds.

The thing is, this game actually has the potential to have a survival gamemode, so I don't blame G1 for trying this as an attempt to get some players. However, the PC engine upgrade should be the number 1 priority.

m2nGaOE.png

-ks-

-ks-

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Joined 20-May 11
There is hope. Elmoinfire.jpg

Rip killerskull and -killerskull- (Cumulative post count of 10k plus (not that it matters))

アリア

アリア

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Joined 27-October 14

well one thing for sure lets hope Fairfight doesn't spazz out like the Christmas event.

cnHtW4P.jpg

Benguin

Benguin

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Joined 16-March 11

Looking back at the other events we had, people will most likely leave if they unlocked all rewards you can get. Considering this is going to be a permanent gamemode this gamemode better have some incentive to play else it will be empty within 2 weeks. Weekly leaderboard with rewards maybe?

But it's nice to see something new :)

Bingviini - Bengu

Darkzero3802

Darkzero3802

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1290 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14

While this sounds interesting and all I dont see it catching on.

1. There just arent enough players left playing to warrent a new mode and dist. Something like this will kill off fight club.

2. This event will be highly skill based so anyone who isnt a vet will be killed off first each time and will never get any rewards.

3. Something like this will always be ruined by the hacker pop. Hackers are still a MAJOR issue in APB and with the cheats they will easily roll everybody for top spots.

It is just very bad timing for something like this with the state the game is in. I would suggest reworking an old event like I suggested here http://forums.gamers...anarchy-events/ for now untill these issues are addressed and game pop rises to a point where having new districts wont impact the current ones in a bad way.

76561198036519162.png

2015-110.jpg

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

meh

Edited by CookiePuss, 17 May 2017 - 02:42 PM.

xSagittiSx

xSagittiSx

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined 27-March 14

That's amazing. Can't wait to play it. =D

Orangesherb

Orangesherb

Initiate

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 21-July 13

In order to have the same "feel" as a BR / PUBG game mode, you will need to strongly consider the "resource management' you mentioned in the blog post.  A very weak weapon to start since APB doesn't have melee- something like the blowtorch even, or a snub nose with one or two magazines only- forces players to scatter to find weapons around the world.  Also, having a reasonable minimum distance between player spawns would be nice if you do in fact spawn with a weapon.

The shrinking circle creates random encounters and builds tension... thus is Battle Royale.   I second the recommendation to remove all civilian NPC's and vehicles from the world- maybe replacing them with randomly placed locked vehicles?

Edited by Orangesherb, 17 May 2017 - 03:03 PM.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7093 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

In order to have the same "feel" as a BR / PUBG game mode, you will need to strongly consider the "resource management' you mentioned in the blog post.  A very weak weapon to start since APB doesn't have melee- something like the blowtorch even, or a snub nose with one or two magazines only- forces players to scatter to find weapons around the world.

I mean, IDK, I kinda' like having my loadout like in the Halloween event. I wouldn't mind a limited ammo supply though.

I second the recommendation to remove all civilian NPC's and vehicles from the world- maybe replacing them with randomly placed locked vehicles?

Agreed, do note though that there are already locked NPC cars in the game. ;P

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants

HardStyler3

HardStyler3

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15

i mean every last man standing game is the same so battlegrounds is basically a ripoff too like kotk and many other games too 

the original one was the arma 2 mod i think so who cares^^

I7 4790k @4,5ghz @ 1,2V, 16GB G.Skill 1600mhz, Sapphire R9 390 Nitro 8GB, 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 

Deku

Deku

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Joined 21-March 13

Names should be turned off to deter teamers, won't completely eliminate it but it could help.

Joker Server: Tactical (Enforcer) Deku (Criminal)

SpaceCake

SpaceCake

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 12-April 15

I like the idea of this survival event alot, but my first thought was: how will it work with the current amount of cheaters? Many people seem to think /report command is useless, or doesnt work, and the lack of ingame admins doesnt help this problem.. 

In other words, i think this gamemode needs ingame admins to be a viable and fun gamemode. 

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

Ho boy, you've dived into a design nightmare with this idea.

There will have to be a lot of limitations on this gamemode to make it fun, fair and interesting.

Firstly:

- Control all elements of the weapon load-out. As nice as I'm sure it'd be to let joe shmoe roll around with this fully kitted N-TEC/ATAC/HVR and his exact choice of secondary, it really doesn't make it fair for newer players who only have a limited weapon pool. By controlling what weapons drop in the game, you can increase the rarity of some weapons (e.g HVR, so it's not a point-and-click survival game) and still make it fair for each participant.

Ban player owned vehicles. I think this is a no-brainer, but the only vehicles that players should be able to use are the ones that spawn in the city. That way, they won't have the vehicle mods in them to let said player drive around and sit in the car all day, whilst then driving off to a safe corner to blowtorch it back to full health. If there are random vehicles in the map, make sure they're limited and not dumptrucks/bluesteel vans.

Ban player mods. May as well make it as much of a level playing field as possible and make it so that no consumables/character mods can be used either. Makes the fights much more risky for participants and forces them to play safer. Plus Clotting Agent 2/3 is more or less the staple character health mod everyone chooses so those without said mod are at a disadvantage in most cases.

- Start of initially with players not having red names above their head (first 10 minutes or so), then have them revealed as the playing field reduces. I'm up in the air with this one, since it's a double-edged sword on both sides. If you don't have player names, then (assuming civilians are still enabled), it can make for some really silly scenarios where players can camp in super dark corners and not be seen. However, if player names are shown, then there's the problem of being able to exploit seeing through walls with the various bugs in the game that allow for this.

Give incentive. I know this was briefly covered in the blogpost about rewards for the event, but like many others in the game who still play, there should be a unique loot table for continued play of this gamemode. If you have a look at PUBG, they give you credits that you can spend on boxes to give you new cosmetic items to make your character unique. This idea would be great for APB as well, but instead of that, have unique weapons in the loot table for the boxes that you can get from this gamemode, as well as possibly unique clothing items as well. If you just re-use already existing assets in the game that almost everybody already has, then there's no real incentive to play this gamemode and we'll go down the same path as the anarchy district.

That being said, one of the best blogposts I've seen in a while and these are a few of my thoughts initially on how to progress this gamemode to be a fun, yet fair experience for all participants, new and old.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9649 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Alright other than my first impression

Hyped for that resource management system. More depth is good.

But worried about the distribution of resources (weapons and whatnot) in vanilla apb maps/districts, since i suppose it is troublesome to add details to our current districts, like some SUPER small shop interiors and whatnot to add some stuff.

But if you guys pull this out, it might just bring a ton of players, likely more than the engine upgrade would.
I can't be the only one bored of the current districts, a little variation on certain locations of the current districts is already enough to excite me, way more than new guns.

Sort of will nitpick some dumb stuff and ask around.

Though to further explain, the above is a problem since, as i assume, you will spawn weapons as in other events, in places where you are either a sitting duck or a sitting duck.

Closed areas, as well as a clean up of the district with more "spots" to put stuff, can be proved important. Adding maybe even extra randomly placed cover objects (like abandoned/ destroyed cars in the middle of the street) can be quite welcomed too.

Closed areas i was suggesting earlier, would be fine, if they were small squares in place of where usually we ram shops. They can be extremely basic too, as long as it has got a bit of cover and enough room to run away from a grenade explosion radius. 

Another thing, i feel that wasn't quite explained and i wish to ask is, how are ammo pick ups going to work? Is it like a floating thing that you just get near and instantly get or are we getting something entirely different?

I will start by explaining why i think this is important, so lets picture this scenario here:

2 players:

• Player 1 and player 3 notice the ammo pick up, but they are being chased down by the other players.
  • Player 1 manages to get rid of the player who was following him, but is further away from the ammo pick up than player 3.
  • Both players are almost out of bullets, although enough to kill each other.
  • Player 3 finally survives the encounter from the chase, but is with less health than player 1.
  • Player 3 reaches to grab instantly the AMMO BOX (or crate, or whatever it is) and just as he grabs the ammo box, player 1 comes.

What happens in this scenario? It is either that player 3 just grabs and runs away, or that player 3 grabs it instantly and guns down player 1 that is coming to get it, since he has got the momentum. 

Whoever picks up first is at ADVANTAGE. It isn't a thoughtful decision to pick it up now or not, its just ..that.

...It just negates the whole limited ammo thing.

I propose a small timer or something, like when we're doing objectives on APB mission districts, it doesn't need to be extremely long, just needs to be there. 

Alright and now for something else, that is bothering me. (sorry)

Just thought about it recently and it is concerning DANGEROUS AREAS.

I have got no idea how fast they expand and consequently shrink the safe area. But what the hell happens if we get caught in a corner where we can't escape from the expanding dangerous area?

I mean, there are dead ends in apb maps/districts and considering the nature of the randomness of the end block, what happens when it is spawned in place that is impossible to get without being killed outright by an "dead end" scenario ?

Those little boxes tic 200 damage per second and if i am sure of it, it isn't enough time to run to a safe area before actuality dying. 

Hell, you might end accidentally falling into a place where you get stuck!

... or are the blocks calculated based on how the streets are shaped?

My only solution for this right now is to add new shortcuts.

OTHER STUFF, while i think about what else to b**ch about :v

1. Are cars even allowed? I hope not.
  2. Are we going to prevent players from bringing character mods entirely? i feel like it is necessary for this to work.
  3. Do we get a lobby while we wait dead or wait for the match to start?
  4. Have you guys considered using joker tickets as a test reward for this event? Maybe even add a special shop with a ton of new joker ticket rewards? ... Or maybe who knows.. a marketplace in which we can trade with joker tickets ?
  5. Can we get melee weapons as starting weapons :v ? Maybe it being attached to a specific mod for the event or something.. Like blowtorch...

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Salvick

Salvick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1152 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

There are a few suggestions/feedback I'd like to bring in.

My suggestion or more like a request would be to bring back the Anarchy Districts, in my opinion that game mode was one of the best and I feel it really pushed APB to some kind of MMO arena experience.

Now, regarding the event itself:

Game Start

- "Requires at least (10) people in the district"

Sounds ok, or maybe 12, 15?

- "After this, the survival event starts at the end of a (5 minute) timer."

Sounds like too long wait...maybe reducing it to 3 mins and or add an option for players to trigger a quick start if they turn on "ready"?

- "During this count-down new players can join the district until the timer hits 0. If at any point (70 players) enter the district it will be considered “full” and the timer will drop to (30 seconds) for immediate match countdown and start."

Locking players from joining the district sounds like it would lead them to get bored and lost interest on trying to join or just force them to join regular action districts and end up with empty or low populated event instances.

Limitation: "You can only enter survival districts at the start of the round. Once a certain amount of players is reached or the timer hits 0, the district will lock and no longer be available for entry. If you get killed, you will be able to instantly join a new survival district."

What if instead of locking players out of the district you just allow them to enter the district but they can't join the event and they just remain like in free roam mode and even locked out of the block/areas of the event?  Because that way we could just join and watch the match and hang around till the event ends and another round starts. Otherwise there'd be a queue system in place to allow us to wait for a particular district we want to join since lot of us usually likes to join our friends or clan mates.

Game Goal and Design

- "Be the last player standing (ends at 1 player left alive and declared the winner). If you die you will be ranked in accordance with your “death number.” In the future we will create special awards for the best repeat survivors."

The game itself has a lot of meta-gaming specially with the last unbalanced additions such as Armas only 4 seats top-tier car (Coywolf), the OCA, Carbine and some other guns that got ninja-buffed, overpowered all-range guns like Medusa/Euryale and broken (almost one-shot-kill guns) like Yukon and True Ogre, so this game mode will need some kind of balancing against meta-gaming or some handicap for new players who barely get access to the top-tier weapons and cars.

Off topic? :

A totally different game mode using the same block/area features:

What if instead of a "battle royale" mode we have something like a "frontlines" capture mode. You can take a look about what the old game "Frontlines, fuel of war" was about and you'll find out that it was a really fun and unique game mode that is totally possible to get here, it used to bring long fast paced team vs team battles with a lot of push and retrieve situations and a lot of team work.

This game mode would set an amount of team bases and some neutral spots to capture and in order to capture the next spot your team must already own the other capture areas next to the neutral areas close to your team base.

Take a look at this images I've made of the map as an example so I can explain it better:

Let's say we have the central area of Financial with the following starting setup for both factions, Red area and spots are the Criminal spawns, Blue are for the Enforcers and Yellow are the Neutral areas to capture:

Map_1.png

So let's say the Criminal team manage to capture one of the three Neutral spots, they wouldn't be allowed to capture any Blue Enforcers spot yet while Enforcers would indeed be allowed to capture any of the other Yellow Neutral spots but would still need to recover the captured areas before they can push further.

Map_2.png

Let's say the Ciminals manage to capture the other two Neutral spots so then they'd be allowed now to capture the Blue Enforcer areas and try the final push to win the match, the captured areas allow players to choose any of the owned zones to respawn there, making it more difficult everytime for the losing team but at the same time making them respawn closer to each other because of the lack of respawns, which could turn in their favor against spreaded opposition:

Map_4.png

Ruleset:

- Minimum players needed set to 20 or 16
- 20/30 mins per round
- Victory by capturing all the areas or by team elimination.
- Limited amount of respawns/lives
- Preset classes or limited available resources variable according to the choosen weapon.
- Can grab dropped weapons and ammo from killed enemies or foes
- Friendly zone allows health regeneration
- Enemy zone disables health regeneration

On respawn:

-Players must select an availaible location to respawn within the captured areas
-Players must select class or gear (weapons, mods, vehicles)
-Players must wait 5 seconds on first respawn, then 10 seconds, 15 and finally 20 seconds everytime they die.
-Players have limited amount of respawns, let's say 5, then the team starts losing players till a team gets vicotry by elimination.
-If any player survives more than 3 mins and gets at least 1 kill respawn delay is restarted.

I know maybe this is not the place or the right moment to bring this suggestion but something like this kind of "Tourf Wars" would really fit so well with the game and would really bring a totally new game mode that could last for ever.

I'm posting two images of the game game I'm referencing to as a better example of what I'm tryint to talk about:

Spoiler

Even while this is just a dream and I might look delusional by proposing this I will still bring it in the Suggestions forums soon with a more detailed idea of every single detail this game mode could have as I'm thinking of it since that game where I'm taking this idea from was something I never found again in any other game and it was really good specially due to its dynamic and fast paced strategic combat.

Oh and thanks for the event and the good news.

Regards.

Salvick_twitch_banner_1.png

I have spent 29 G1C, which is $0.3625

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7093 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

- Control all elements of the weapon load-out. As nice as I'm sure it'd be to let joe shmoe roll around with this fully kitted N-TEC/ATAC/HVR and his exact choice of secondary, it really doesn't make it fair for newer players who only have a limited weapon pool. By controlling what weapons drop in the game, you can increase the rarity of some weapons (e.g HVR, so it's not a point-and-click survival game) and still make it fair for each participant.

Why is this necessary? You can use all of those guns in the normal game and it's virtually a non-issue, and the STAR is still pretty much top-tier.

Ban player owned vehicles. I think this is a no-brainer, but the only vehicles that players should be able to use are the ones that spawn in the city. That way, they won't have the vehicle mods in them to let said player drive around and sit in the car all day, whilst then driving off to a safe corner to blowtorch it back to full health. If there are random vehicles in the map, make sure they're limited and not dumptrucks/bluesteel vans.

I don't see how car mods make much of a difference here, so the only real benefit from owned vehicles is using a pioneer/4x4.

Ban player mods. May as well make it as much of a level playing field as possible and make it so that no consumables/character mods can be used either. Makes the fights much more risky for participants and forces them to play safer. Plus Clotting Agent 2/3 is more or less the staple character health mod everyone chooses so those without said mod are at a disadvantage in most cases.

Why? All character mods except orange mods, which will likely be disabled no matter what, are sidegrades, and even if you're going to say CA2 is an upgrade how is that different from the normal game?

If you think CA2 is OP make a thread about it being a balance issue, not a post about banning it from this event.

- Start of initially with players not having red names above their head (first 10 minutes or so), then have them revealed as the playing field reduces. I'm up in the air with this one, since it's a double-edged sword on both sides. If you don't have player names, then (assuming civilians are still enabled), it can make for some really silly scenarios where players can camp in super dark corners and not be seen. However, if player names are shown, then there's the problem of being able to exploit seeing through walls with the various bugs in the game that allow for this.

Seeing player names through walls is an issue with the entire game, so are you going to suggest we remove them entirely? No, that'd be like making it so you can't lean out of windows with the DoW because it has animation iss. . . oh wait. . . RP actually did that.

IMO the game isn't balanced around not being able to see player names, and removing names drastically reduces incentives to have a cool character.

Give incentive. I know this was briefly covered in the blogpost about rewards for the event, but like many others in the game who still play, there should be a unique loot table for continued play of this gamemode. If you have a look at PUBG, they give you credits that you can spend on boxes to give you new cosmetic items to make your character unique. This idea would be great for APB as well, but instead of that, have unique weapons in the loot table for the boxes that you can get from this gamemode, as well as possibly unique clothing items as well. If you just re-use already existing assets in the game that almost everybody already has, then there's no real incentive to play this gamemode and we'll go down the same path as the anarchy district.

I hope you like titles.

Another thing, i feel that wasn't quite explained and i wish to ask is, how are ammo pick ups going to work? Is it like a floating thing that you just get near and instantly get or are we getting something entirely different?

I will start by explaining why i think this is important, so lets picture this scenario here:

2 players:

• Player 1 and player 3 notice the ammo pick up, but they are being chased down by the other players.
  • Player 1 manages to get rid of the player who was following him, but is further away from the ammo pick up than player 3.
  • Both players are almost out of bullets, although enough to kill each other.
  • Player 3 finally survives the encounter from the chase, but is with less health than player 1.
  • Player 3 reaches to grab instantly the AMMO BOX (or crate, or whatever it is) and just as he grabs the ammo box, player 1 comes.

What happens in this scenario? It is either that player 3 just grabs and runs away, or that player 3 grabs it instantly and guns down player 1 that is coming to get it, since he has got the momentum. 

Whoever picks up first is at ADVANTAGE. It isn't a thoughtful decision to pick it up now or not, its just ..that.

...It just negates the whole limited ammo thing.

I propose a small timer or something, like when we're doing objectives on APB mission districts, it doesn't need to be extremely long, just needs to be there.

Medium Resupply Boxes are already in the game and do exactly what you want, so there's no reason to reinvent the wheel.

All you have to do is reduce the ammo in them.

Alright and now for something else, that is bothering me. (sorry)

Just thought about it recently and it is concerning DANGEROUS AREAS.

I have got no idea how fast they expand and consequently shrink the safe area. But what the hell happens if we get caught in a corner where we can't escape from the expanding dangerous area?

I mean, there are dead ends in apb maps/districts and considering the nature of the randomness of the end block, what happens when it is spawned in place that is impossible to get without being killed outright by an "dead end" scenario ?

Those little boxes tic 200 damage per second and if i am sure of it, it isn't enough time to run to a safe area before actuality dying. 

Hell, you might end accidentally falling into a place where you get stuck!

... or are the blocks calculated based on how the streets are shaped?

My only solution for this right now is to add new shortcuts.

I'm 95% sure that's part of the intended strategy and difficulty of the game.

Are cars even allowed? I hope not.

Why not?

Are we going to prevent players from bringing character mods entirely? i feel like it is necessary for this to work.

Why?

Can we get melee weapons as starting weapons :v ? Maybe it being attached to a specific mod for the event or something.. Like blowtorch...

The answer is almost certainly no.

APBNew2.jpg

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

Why is this necessary? You can use all of those guns in the normal game and it's virtually a non-issue, and the STAR is still pretty much top-tier.

I don't see how car mods make much of a difference here, so the only real benefit from owned vehicles is using a pioneer/4x4.

Why? All character mods except orange mods, which will likely be disabled no matter what, are sidegrades, and even if you're going to say CA2 is an upgrade how is that different from the normal game?

If you think CA2 is OP make a thread about it being a balance issue, not a post about banning it from this event.

1. It's necessary, so players can start off on a level-playing field (you know, like how a battle royale game usually starts), then it's up to the player to find weapons and use them. If you let the players pre-select their weapons, it removes that sense of level playing field for some and it also means you can pre-design your "round" up to the point where the danger zone enters your area, which removes the danger for the most part. But, if you're going in without knowing what weapons you'll find, that makes it more challenging and more of a level playing field, honestly.

Also, STAR is good, but you're highly overrating it. Might be the reason why nobody uses it.

2. So, steel plating 3, armoured engine and nitrous on a pioneer/4x4/t-25/Espacio and literally car gameplay-ing the entire survival round isn't a problem? So, you'd be ok with everyone spawning their vehicles and never getting out of them until the very end, since they can tank all the damage and then use blowtorch when in a safe spot to fix the car? Alright then. Glad to know that you also factored in the part where people can deliberatly setup their vehicles to "pop" into the car when in danger and run away. This isn't a car demolition derby, so why give the option to make it that?

3. But this isn't the normal game. I don't know why you keep using that as a baseline for countering suggestions for this gamemode and saying that the rules can apply here as well. You're going to have more angles to watch out from, more people shooting at you at one time and you're saying that your health recovery delay being different from other people is not a direct advantage? Plus, as mentioned above, if you partner up a heavily tanky espacio with blowtorch and have your own CSG/.45 combo already planned out with low-yields from the get go, you can literally car gameplay the entire match, more or less, with no-one being able to stop you, unless multiple people focus fire you down, but they'd have no reason to.

Again, this gamemode is going to be a design nightmare for the developers, as they will either have to restrict heavily a lot of items or the way that they are distributed, or run the risk of having another half-arsed gamemode that's not planned out, not thought through, and dead within 2 weeks of arrival.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

Darkzero3802

Darkzero3802

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1290 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14

1. It's necessary, so players can start off on a level-playing field (you know, like how a battle royale game usually starts), then it's up to the player to find weapons and use them. If you let the players pre-select their weapons, it removes that sense of level playing field for some and it also means you can pre-design your "round" up to the point where the danger zone enters your area, which removes the danger for the most part. But, if you're going in without knowing what weapons you'll find, that makes it more challenging and more of a level playing field, honestly.

Also, STAR is good, but you're highly overrating it. Might be the reason why nobody uses it.

2. So, steel plating 3, armoured engine and nitrous on a pioneer/4x4/t-25/Espacio and literally car gameplay-ing the entire survival round isn't a problem? So, you'd be ok with everyone spawning their vehicles and never getting out of them until the very end, since they can tank all the damage and then use blowtorch when in a safe spot to fix the car? Alright then. Glad to know that you also factored in the part where people can deliberatly setup their vehicles to "pop" into the car when in danger and run away. This isn't a car demolition derby, so why give the option to make it that?

3. But this isn't the normal game. I don't know why you keep using that as a baseline for countering suggestions for this gamemode and saying that the rules can apply here as well. You're going to have more angles to watch out from, more people shooting at you at one time and you're saying that your health recovery delay being different from other people is not a direct advantage? Plus, as mentioned above, if you partner up a heavily tanky espacio with blowtorch and have your own CSG/.45 combo already planned out with low-yields from the get go, you can literally car gameplay the entire match, more or less, with no-one being able to stop you, unless multiple people focus fire you down, but they'd have no reason to.

Again, this gamemode is going to be a design nightmare for the developers, as they will either have to restrict heavily a lot of items or the way that they are distributed, or run the risk of having another half-arsed gamemode that's not planned out, not thought through, and dead within 2 weeks of arrival.

It will never be a truly lvl playing field

1. Ppl who have been playing this game 4+ yrs know how to use secondaries (and they have nanos and yukons) and new players just have the default starter

2. Hackers will ALWAYS have the advantage and always have top spots (and ppl will leave the dist cuz they dont want to deal with them)

3. Broken hitreg and servers

76561198036519162.png

2015-110.jpg

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

Ok, before anyone provides anymore feedback to this thread:

Stop basing any arguements or counterpoints around cheaters

I'm sure everyone knows the score already, you can stop bringing it up now since it's a baseless arguement. You don't balance a game around cheaters, nor should you with a gamemode, so it does not need to be discussed here.

It will never be a truly lvl playing field

1. Ppl who have been playing this game 4+ yrs know how to use secondaries (and they have nanos and yukons) and new players just have the default starter

Thanks for reading the post. If the weapon loadouts were not available to players and they could only use what they found in the round then this wouldn't be a problem/.

Edited by Kempington, 17 May 2017 - 06:55 PM.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

Alk

Alk

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Joined 11-March 14

I wouldnt return to APB for an event. I would return to APB for new content.

:^)

:^)

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3806 posts
  • Joined 07-February 15

Battle Royale. Gross. 

Single life gamemodes are a great way to make APB even more infuriating. 

Ia8NHrf.png

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7093 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Are you implying FC and mission districts aren't a level playing field? Are you implying there isn't danger of dying in missions, FC, or the headless horseman event? Do you "pre-design" missions?

You're also forgetting the fact that this event is based just as much on the headless horseman event as battle royale, as well as the fact that Last Man Standing is a long standing gamemode that works fine with the normal resources of a game.

And part of me overrating the STAR is. . . well. . . not a thing because the STAR is amazing, but I often appear to overrate it because it's the best weapon for new players since it's extremely easy to use. The STAR was basically designed to be the perfect newbie gun. (Also note how easy it is to unlock other weapons.)

So please, give me an actual reason the playing field isn't level if you can select weapons.

Armored plating makes you slow as gosh darn, armored engine honestly has barely any effect, and nitro is overrated as all hell. You should have mentioned HBF if you wanted to cite a mod that'd be OP.

I gave you the fact that using a pioneer, espacio, or 4x4 is an advantage, but you can't "car gameplay" the entire round, 'cause that's virtually a guaranteed loss or tie because of health degen in the final block, not to mention the fact that there's a such thing as grenades and AV. Think of how many cars get destroyed in the headless horseman event, and then realize that the area of this game is restricted.

So I'm not going to say that you should be able to spawn cars, because I never even said that in my original response to you, but I really don't think they're a huge issue, and mods certainly aren't the issue; it's the cars that you can spawn that are a potential issue.

3. But this isn't the normal game. I don't know why you keep using that as a baseline for countering suggestions for this gamemode and saying that the rules can apply here as well.

Gee, IDK why I'm basing what I'm saying on the game this is going to be a game mode for. You yourself didn't even give any real reasons why they should be disabled in this mode in particular, you only said some bleeding heart BS about how the newbies wouldn't play as well without CA2/3.

You're going to have more angles to watch out from

I don't know about you, but I generally watch all angles at all time in APB, 'cause I find that a lot of APB is about flanking, and you're gonna' get gosh darned in the butt if you don't watch angles, but IDK, it might be different for you.

more people shooting at you at one time and you're saying that your health recovery delay being different from other people is not a direct advantage?

I seem to remember someone mentioning how you'd have time to get out of your pioneer and fully repair it without anyone attacking you. Note how much more defenseless you are with a blowtorch out than while hiding and regenerating health, especially if we're allowed the grenades you probably want to restrict, (and note how your torch is wasted if you have to swap back to your weapon,) and also note how often in the Headless Horseman event, which had respawns for enemy players, I was fighting 1v1 or 1v2, and unlike Headless Horseman your enemies are afraid of dying and also are afraid of the people flanking you. . . and don't have infinite lives.

I don't know about you, but I'm not planning on plopping in the middle of the intersection in front of Double B and battling it out: I'm probably going to be in buildings and mommy, and when you put 70 players in roughly 2km by 2km area, even if it reduces in size, there's a LOT of places you can take cover in.

I play fine without CA3, and I don't expect this to be any different.

Plus, as mentioned above, if you partner up a heavily tanky espacio with blowtorch and have your own CSG/.45 combo already planned out with low-yields from the get go, you can literally car gameplay the entire match, more or less, with no-one being able to stop you, unless multiple people focus fire you down, but they'd have no reason to.

First off, you keep mentioning torch, and I already said I don't think orange mods will be be enabled, and they probably shouldn't be (literally the only orange mod that would make sense to be in the mode is. . . the flag? maybe spotter? I dunno'.)

Second. . . what does an espacio. . . CSG. . . 45 (which you'll be able to have probably no matter what, 'cause it's a secondary) or yolos have to do with character mods? In addition, are you saying you've never had a car blown up by a single person? You're acting as if you live in a perfect world where everything goes according to plan, when in reality it's APB and mommy happens to gosh darn with you at some point no matter what in 95% of all missions, and you don't have a second life to fall back on like you normally do here. Also, you keep forgetting that you're going to eventually be driving this car around one block, which makes driving almost a moot point.

. . . and I'm the one being "contrarian"?

I love how I'm always the one being contrarian if I think what G1's doing is fine.

Battle Royale. Gross. 

Single life gamemodes are a great way to make APB even more infuriating. 

You know what else is infuriating? Forcing you to use secondaries against people with primaries, I hear that levels the playing field though.

APBNew2.jpg

MoeEveryWeek.

MoeEveryWeek.

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Joined 12-January 17

Maybe turn the interact-able into barricades than can be opened or shot down I mean i would hate to be shot down by a shaw because I cant move when I open a door

Edited by MoeEveryWeek., 17 May 2017 - 08:24 PM.

76561198094097996.png

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7093 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Maybe turn the interact-able into barricades than can be opened or shot down I mean i would hate to be shot down by a shaw because I cant when I open a door

Honestly, I wouldn't mind not needing to jump kick doors in the event.

APBNew2.jpg

PrincessTwilight

PrincessTwilight

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2463 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11

Kewlin, I think you are missing the base fundamental idea behind this "Survival" game mode. You seem to wanna treat it like a "1 Life King of the Hill Fight Club" 

This "Survival" game mode is going to be a RNG madhouse, by design. Its not going to be a serious game mode. Just a fun side game.

But I agree with kemp.

Only use weapons you find, everyone starts with almost nothing Maybe Snub with 12 shots?

Maybe you can find Mods as loot around the maps?

Player cars disabled, Civi cars would be around but rare,

Edited by PrincessTwilight, 17 May 2017 - 09:25 PM.

San Paro City Mentor (SPCM)

PrincessTwilight - Jericho, Han

PrincessTwi - Citadel

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7093 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Kewlin, I think you are missing the base fundamental idea behind this "Survival" game mode. You seem to wanna treat it like a "1 Life King of the Hill Fight Club" 

This "Survival" game mode is going to be a RNG madhouse, by design. Its not going to be a serious game mode. Just a fun side game.

All I know is people didn't really play the anarchy event that required you to use your pistol until you ran to a pile of weapons literally out in the open 50m from cover while being sniped and OSMAWed by everyone who got to pick up guns, and I don't see this as much different except you only have one life so it'll be even more frustrating.

Forgive me if I think G1 should learn from their mistakes.

APBNew2.jpg

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

Gonna put this here too:

I kind of see a lot of people getting hyped for this. I don't see why. This isn't APB. H1Z1 BR mode? Really? This one one of the suggestions a lot of us laughed at people for wanting.

This kind of just proves that APB has lost its original vision and that G1 is no longer sticking with what is 'APB'. What minimal hope I have for this game anymore just got further crushed. You have stomped on the game's lore and ceased to even care for it any more. What continuation of the story has there been since 2013. Sure, most people don't actively read or seek out of the games story. Though that doesn't mean you should just drop it. It affects those that don't actively search for it. There is a lot of subtlety in APB's approach that most players miss and just consume subconsciously. You have stomped on the games aesthetic judging by the look of the Engine Update. Sure the graphics certainly look better but you forgot the feel, style, look of APB in the process. This extends even further to not just the environment but even the menus that have no consistent style or unification to them. Now you are looking at stomping on the unique gameplay APB has with a mode like this. You've completely stomped on what makes APB a living world. Years ago this was just exuded through everything surrounding the game and within. Fashion, music, art, culture, etc. You have done nothing to further push anything of that sort. Whether it be within the original APB style or even your own (The most I've seen is semi-inline advertisement/splash screens from years ago.) This isn't APB.

A BR mode? A mode that does not fit in line with any part of APB. Does not fit the gameplay, lore, feel, style, attitude, aesthetic, or even many of the communities wishes. A lot of people will judge this as a riding of an over saturated genre. Maybe that is their reasoning behind it, but its sure not with APB first in mind (I should note I mean APB as a character or world here more than just a game product). Hope this is just for the event only, and even then it is sad to see time wasted on this.

Not to mention all the other issues. Player management/population, variation in player skill, hackers, exploits, rewards that promote play, gameplay that promotes play and does not get stale after finishing a few games like most events, and on and on and on.

APB is a character in its own right. It has a style and attitude that you haven't been seen to play in to in years. I'm not sure this is whether to all the ex RTW staff that you had now leaving or just a lack of unified vision. I don't know, it might just be me as an outside viewer not seeing it, or just all this over the years has rubbed me the wrong way. But at the end of the day. APB, from head to toe, is not feeling like APB.

Oh, and you want players to do the smaller stuff for you rather than doing it yourself looks bad. If you're wanting community interaction you should be adding content based on their community input and contest/events not adding minimal to existing work. One actually feels like the community is adding to the game and the other just feels like pandering.

Youtube APBTrueOgre

Youtube APBTrueOgre

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 06-April 17

today jericho
world Total 94

good luck

Arize

Arize

Initiate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 19-October 16

Unpopular opinion inc!

I've talked about this a few times while streaming, basically saying the same "They have all the things for a survival game, they just need to go and do it."

From the looks of things, you should just add a few more ingredients, if you want it to be survival that is.

-Disable health regeneration.
-Strip players of all their mods/weapons.
-Spawn with a blowtorch only.
-Add random weapon spawns around the entire map, like with the anerchy event.
-Add consumable spawns so you can regen health or defend yourself with shields. Or add health kits. (Just something to counter the no regen part)
-No cars, no civilians (only parked cars IF anything.)
-Rare spawns? E.g. like airdrops.

Tbh, just look at all the elements the have in PUBG, and you have the perfect coctail.

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

Unpopular opinion inc!

I've talked about this a few times while streaming, basically saying the same "They have all the things for a survival game, they just need to go and do it."

From the looks of things, you should just add a few more ingredients, if you want it to be survival that is.

-Disable health regeneration.
-Strip players of all their mods/weapons.
-Spawn with a blowtorch only.
-Add random weapon spawns around the entire map, like with the anerchy event.
-Add consumable spawns so you can regen health or defend yourself with shields. Or add health kits. (Just something to counter the no regen part)
-No cars, no civilians (only parked cars IF anything.)
-Rare spawns? E.g. like airdrops.

Tbh, just look at all the elements the have in PUBG, and you have the perfect coctail.

I'd agree with all of these except the lack of health regen. Most weapons in this game kill so quickly and because of its fast paced medium, it doesn't cater to the slower play that PUBG offers. You're far more mobile in APB as well and fights are usually settled very quickly anyway. Another factor is the 100m range limit, as opposed to PUBG's 300+m range, which also affects the speed of play.

Another thing to think about is how open the districts are, which is not as much as other KOTH games. 

I'd say health regen has to stay, but no-one can use clotting agent or any character mods.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

Fleshpound

Fleshpound

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1536 posts
  • Joined 24-June 14

I'd agree with all of these except the lack of health regen. Most weapons in this game kill so quickly and because of its fast paced medium, it doesn't cater to the slower play that PUBG offers. You're far more mobile in APB as well and fights are usually settled very quickly anyway. Another factor is the 100m range limit, as opposed to PUBG's 300+m range, which also affects the speed of play.

Another thing to think about is how open the districts are, which is not as much as other KOTH games. 

I'd say health regen has to stay, but no-one can use clotting agent or any character mods.

Tablets can stay.  They are already useful for that  /sarcasm

And what could also be good is that this mode would not have legendaries that would be just in special places,right?

We will fight with auto responses by QUOTE AUTO RESPONSE!

JungleFlaco

JungleFlaco

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Joined 20-March 13

To be edited..

Edited by JungleFlaco, 19 May 2017 - 11:00 PM.

9BXQnYH.jpg
NINJA TECH

Arize

Arize

Initiate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 19-October 16

And what could also be good is that this mode would not have legendaries that would be just in special places,right?

Airdrops. ;)

It would make sense tbh.

Fleshpound

Fleshpound

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1536 posts
  • Joined 24-June 14

Airdrops. ;)

It would make sense tbh.

"Airdrops".... and then weapons will be only on the rooftops.    (I thought about that firstly but it is so popular from other games that i start to vomit).

And hey.... you gave me idea about THE OTHER GOOD NAME with some lore suggestion and possibly design on map.

We will fight with auto responses by QUOTE AUTO RESPONSE!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users