21 replies to this topic

Celebrity Gamer

Celebrity Gamer

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

This is when the game was fun. Bring it back with the engine upgrade and you will a lot of cash flowing in as well as players coming back to the game. Trust me. And i will do my best in promoting this game to the fullest. Bring back the old threat icons/symbols as well. the ones from the photo, they look better than the ones you have now. No offense, but its the truth. Also bring back that thing when a high threat level enter the social district and it says high threat player as enter, i forget how it went and i wasn't able to find any videos on that, but it was cool when it happen. Please take this into serious consideration.  You can also expand on the old threat system.

Matchmaking Update Part 1

• APB Reloaded now uses a Bayesian enhanced version of the Glicko rating system to determine the relative skill of players, based on the outcomes of opposed missions. The believed skill of the player is known as that player’s Skill Rating, which is then translated into the player’s Threat Level (shown on the UI), and also used by the matchmaking system to construct matches where the skill of each side is as evenly matched as possible.
  • The total number of Threat Levels per faction has been increased to 30 and spread across 3 tiers – Bronze, Silver and Gold – with each tier consisting of 10 ranks. For example, a ‘Silver Rank 5’ player is believed to be better than a ‘Bronze Rank 10’ player.
    CrimEnfor.png
  • All players will start from Bronze Rank 1, as the new system has to start from scratch in order correctly calculate the Threat level.
  • Note that we expect players to see large fluctuations to their Threat early on, as the system narrows in on your actual Threat level over time. So don’t be surprised to jump between tiers as well as ranks for the first few matches.

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Dont really want to bash it or anything, but seeing the state the game is at now, i dont think recommending things like these helps. We can dream i guess..

If you are still reading forum posts it means you never actually left. There is still a little piece of nostalgia for this game in your heart that will hardly die. Sad thing is that this game probably wont get better, but we can hope. Either way, you are still here, you still care, and we need you.

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

The game still is fun.

There's just no longer a goal from longtime or old players.. Nothing, except to have fun.

Edited by Eisena, 17 April 2017 - 03:23 PM.

QjrnJcF.png

MrBubbleTea

MrBubbleTea

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2933 posts
  • Joined 09-August 13
"Trust me."
"And i will do my best in promoting this game to the fullest"

??? I'm sorry but what, who are you

iBubbleTea

Aeronaut

Aeronaut

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5084 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

if i remember correctly,

they have this system still, just the icons are hidden.

would be nice if a dev could come in and clarify if this is true or not.

:^)

:^)

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3790 posts
  • Joined 07-February 15

I only made it to gold 8 before it was removed  :(

Ia8NHrf.png

Celebrity Gamer

Celebrity Gamer

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

Dont really want to bash it or anything, but seeing the state the game is at now, i dont think recommending things like these helps. We can dream i guess..

I believe it will help. I think alot of players will return to the game if certain things that made the game great in the beginning was bought back into the game. And alot of players , actually more than alot want the old threat system back. Some folks who post on this forum now might not agree to it, because they proabldy don't even remember it. Someone on youtube made a video the day it was removed, but i can't find that video anymore, but he explained it very clearly how the game kinda died after they got rid of it. I use to play this game everyday, still remember the day i manage to get to gold 2 lol. man i missed those days, it felt good. The old threat system had that feeling to achieve something, now we just play for nothing, i mean it feels that way. I haven't played in months, but the last time i did play i was bored within 20 mins.

I am coming back to the game full time tomorrow afternoon, Only because i have premium on 3 of my characters and i don't want it to run out. I was hoping the engine upgrade will be completed and release by now, its taking forever :( At this rate, it will be 2019 before its release.

The game still is fun.

There's just no longer a goal from longtime or old players.. Nothing, except to have fun.

We need that goal back into the game, at least then it felt like we were playing for something. It was a good feeling. Everytime i log on, i was like , man I'm going to try to get to gold 1 haha. and when i did oh man the feeling of that.

"Trust me."
"And i will do my best in promoting this game to the fullest"

??? I'm sorry but what, who are you

If you like a game, you will make videos, share videos and get the word out so more players can come back or get new players in the game. I do that all the time with games i enjoy. Who i am ? LAPDAlonzo from Colby, if you're from colby i remember playing with a bubba tea , but i thought he was banned?????? I plan to come back playing tomorrow though, setting up a google plus community page for it atm and on my vk page and playlist on my video site. Not to get players in the game though, just to expose some cheaters lol and make some random videos. Once the engine upgrade is release and new content i will get back promoting the game, but no telling when that's ever going to happen. If anything the PC version might get shut down lol.

if i remember correctly,

they have this system still, just the icons are hidden.

would be nice if a dev could come in and clarify if this is true or not.

Everyone said its still there but hidden. Honestly playing the game i don't realized i have a rank, I just play to be playing now.

Celebrity Gamer

Celebrity Gamer

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

I only made it to gold 8 before it was removed   :(

I think the highest i made it was gold 5, but lost it really fast fighting cheaters. Dropped me back down to sliver 2, haha. i remember being pissed about that too, eventually i was back in bronze.

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9558 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

what apb really needs is an e-peen size thing instead of ranks like gold/etc

so that we can accurately have a collective laugh 

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

FakeBungo

FakeBungo

Initiate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 17-July 16

u know i can just make a new account and play in bronze district

Garbo

Garbo

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Joined 30-January 17
kys

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7063 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Current matchmaking is fine and the old icons were mommy.

/thread

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

What are you talking about, this is still the system we have now, just with 40 threat levels and they are hidden from player view?

jewfire666

jewfire666

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 02-December 15

fellow gold teners unite

Edited by jewfire666, 18 April 2017 - 01:08 AM.

MrBubbleTea

MrBubbleTea

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2933 posts
  • Joined 09-August 13

LAPDAlonzo from Colby, if you're from colby i remember playing with a bubba tea , but i thought he was banned?????? 

No I'm right here, i was never banned but i just don't play on colby / jericho anymore because i live in singapore and Han is now located in singapore.

iBubbleTea

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1487 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13
get off the internet

t r a   n s i   l v a   n i  a  n c   u n t   h u n   g e r

Celebrity Gamer

Celebrity Gamer

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

No I'm right here, i was never banned but i just don't play on colby / jericho anymore because i live in singapore and Han is now located in singapore.

oh. is han still active? why not play on eu? i thought han was removed

Edited by Celebrity Gamer, 18 April 2017 - 09:42 AM.

MoeEveryWeek.

MoeEveryWeek.

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Joined 12-January 17

oh. is han still active? why not play on eu? i thought han was removed

Love that salt 

Do we "Need" this or do you "Want" this?

76561198094097996.png

digitaldeath

digitaldeath

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 11-February 17

what apb really needs is an e-peen size thing instead of ranks like gold/etc

so that we can accurately have a collective laugh

And how would that be calculated?

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9558 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

And how would that be calculated?

we'd have to first factor in how many strokes of ego plus the amount of leader board/whisper screenshots in a single instant.  :^)

Edited by Bellenettiel, 19 April 2017 - 06:34 AM.

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Bopi

Bopi

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Joined 25-April 11

The game still is fun.

Well, there is no goal since... wait when was the last content update I can't even remember.

Threat levels give you at least something to play for other than "fun".

It was basically to avoid people leaving matches to not lose threat ? Well, make it so when they leave it count as a loss.

But hey, it's time to stop dreaming about it. A lot of people including I asked for the old threat system to be reimplemented in the game (2-3 years ago already) but it's not gonna happen. They just don't want to admit they made a mistake on this because the current threat system doesn't change anything (it's just hidden). Silvers and below still get the "you mommy you no gold" insults. Whatever, i don't even know why I bother posting on APB forums anymore. They never listened anyway.

YouTube - Bopi

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3816 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

This is still the same threat system, but now the icons show our character's level instead of our actual threat level.  I liked the old icons a lot more.  Not just a nostalgic thing either.  The old ones gave you a better idea of how good your opposition really was.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 19 April 2017 - 07:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users