• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

YeolGetIt

YeolGetIt

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 15-April 17

;~; I've searched everywhere, but i haven't been able to find a solution. APB won't go past the loading screen, it just crashes. Sometimes it'll crash during the intro movie as well. I've been playing for a few years now with no problem. The last time I was able to play was during the halloween event and the next time i went on (I believe it was around February when I noticed the problem) it was crashing to desktop and giving me an error report

I've tried to repair it through the launcher, verify the files through steam, use the advanced launcher, reinstall, download through G1 instead of steam... I don't know what else to do.

Launch->splash screen->intro movie->loading screen->ctd

Launch->splash screen->skip to loading->ctd

Splash screen->intro movie->ctd

I've tried different ways to start up the game but none of them work

The error reports either say

General Protection Fault 

apBUserInterface.cUIDataStore_HUD_Clock|OnPlayerProfileChanged

or its blank.

All of my other games run just fine. I'm pretty sure this problem occured after I downloaded League of Legends, because I found the problem a few days after installing it. But then again I haven't played since october so I wouldn't know. Please help me fix this T.T I've tried to find alternatives to apb so I wouldn't miss it too much but I still do OTL

STAN EXO, STAN TALENT

SemTexGaming

SemTexGaming

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 08-November 14

hmm try...

advanced System settings - Proformance settings - Data Execution Prevention - turn on DEP for all programs - restart Pc,

.. basically when u download sertin games and install it sometimes it clears over ur data alowing it too use all the data that ur pc has or.. it deletes some files from what u installed.. ( in some Cases ) ..but by allowing access to all DEP so then nothing is blocked from a different app unless u want it to be, ( Give this a try and see if it works for you :)

YeolGetIt

YeolGetIt

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 15-April 17

Thanks for trying to help, but it didn't work T-T

This is what's in the error report now:

General protection fault!

Script call stack:
Class Engine.WorldInfo
History: 

20:31:12 - Log: Log file closed, 17/04/17 16:31:12

Maybe I should just give up OTL

STAN EXO, STAN TALENT

Ruoskat

Ruoskat

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 12-June 16

Try to update your drivers

866c377e0cba9e0c5db3941bd9cfde14.png

YeolGetIt

YeolGetIt

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 15-April 17

Try to update your drivers

Tried that already, didn't help at all :/

STAN EXO, STAN TALENT

Ruoskat

Ruoskat

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 12-June 16

Tried that already, didn't help at all :/

Run the game as administrator, and have full permission to read and write in C:\Program Files (x86\Gamersfirst\APB Reloaded and all subdirectories / files.

Edited by Ruoskat, 21 April 2017 - 12:32 PM.

866c377e0cba9e0c5db3941bd9cfde14.png

Thankyer

Thankyer

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 25-October 15

I have this exact same problem! I cannot for the life of my get anybody to help and its extremely frustrating when i've played this game for years. My problem first started around the time i downloaded Battlefield 1, I had to update my graphics driver to be able to play the game and ever since i updated it, it will not get passed the intro screen. Crashes every. Single. Time. Relatively in the same few seconds too. I have tried literally everything. Uninstalled PB, reinstalled Physx, reinstalled the game, reinstalled the previous driver that the game worked on, still did nothing. I've tried running as admin and the compatibility troubleshooter, but absolutely nothing helps. I really want to play this game again as i have a maxed enf, and was working on a crim. Any help to actually get it working would be greatly appreciated. By the way its saying i have a General Protection Fault as the error, but I cannot get any help on that. I'm running an Asus G75JL 8gb ram nvidia geforce GTX 965M, Windows 8 64 bit so no it doesn't have any issues running the game

Edited by Thankyer, 24 April 2017 - 01:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users