Allie

Allie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts
  • Joined 19-February 13

Good afternoon,

This topic is mainly a suggestion for Reloaded, regarding utilization of the OTW server.

Hearing that the engine upgrade will be worked upon after the ongoing PS4 soft launch, it may be a good idea to utilize the OTW server, giving it the engine upgrade when possible, so the stability of the engine upgrade of the PC version can be evaluated.

Having seen how the game runs on the consoles, I self am pretty sure that the larger part of the community will want a stable launch on the live servers. Therefor the OTW servers should serve its purpose, as a check of whether we won't be replacing or adding features which possibly break our already broken game. In the sense that we're talking about an engine upgrade, making sure it works will of course be a priority.

And lets not have the same case as the 2016 Christmas event, where the OTW version received an update and directly the day after the live servers get the event as well. At least give the OTW testers time to group up in the discord and pick a time to collectively test.

And please do take this serious because the entire game is hanging from a string. If you (Reloaded) are willing to take the game into a leap of faith by just throwing the new engine into the live servers and hoping it works, ask yourself what would happen if the game doesn't work out like you hoped. People have been waiting for years and years, and if you let them down like that, you can count on the few fingers you have how many people will still be spending money on your game.

Regards,

Allie.

Edited by Allie, 11 April 2017 - 04:46 AM.

icon_shotgun_nfas.pngicon_rifle_oscar.png9iWYS3B.png?1P4D7AON.png?1icon_assaultrifle_vespatactical.pngicon_assaultrifle_star_pink.pngicon_sniperrifle_hvr243_purple.pngicon_smg_oca_sd_whisper_purple.png766n0yM.png?1BhcVPGY.png?1vmqgGpC.png?1icon_rifle_obeyabattlerifle_bipod_gold.picon_lightmachinegun_ssw_gold.pngicon_sniperrifle_ncr762_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa-jb_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa_gold.pnghywy7is.png?1X8z09bb.png?1icon_pistol_colbyclassic.pngicon_pistol_snubnose_pink.pngicon_ltl_tazer.pngicon_pistol_nano_gold.pngyev6KIJ.png?1icon_grenade_ltl.png9H0r7U1.pngfnmod_character_blowtorch.png

Citadel (EU)                                                                  

Futaku q2aboCp.png?1 *******(old) XACMtje.png?1  xAllie 03bCAtj.png?1  | Valentines 2017: Permanent cherubs.icon_reward_vinyl.png fnmod_weapon_4roundburst.png fnmod_character_hardlanding.png

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7068 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Totally agreed.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

notMateo

notMateo

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

yeah i can't really think of any inherit flaw or pratfalls with this idea.

contractually, i know you guys are obligated to getting the PS4/XB1 versions of the game out before the PC upgrade- which is fine- but now that they're out, i don't think rushing it onto PC would be an amazing move. (of course, there may be other contractual obligations we don't know about that may affect the possibility of something like this)

the community (or...the relevant parts of it anyways) have shown their diligence with this sort of matter. giving it a proper OTW run before Live would be...outstanding, i'd say- and this is coming from someone who doesn't even have access to it. APB can't really handle much bad publicity and i think this would be a great way to generate some much needed faith and 'good talk' surrounding the game and it's future. 

like, yes, we've waited a long time for this, and people have been in uproar about the time it's taken, but releasing the engine update with performance close to the XB1/PS4 on PC would be purely detrimental (even though alot of us are expecting it), and this is your chance to get the upper hand of the conversation surrounding APB. 

at any capacity, i think this idea would at least warrant some sort of official response. 

[ IGN:  bruhTeo ] - [ Jericho NA / Jolby ]

You catch more bees with honey than vinegar: http://puu.sh/lq8t2/d2d5547e21.jpg

My 'Name and Praise' thread! Please contribute to it!

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7068 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12
at any capacity, i think this idea would at least warrant some sort of official response. 

If only this wasn't the APB forums. . .

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

notMateo

notMateo

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

If only this wasn't the APB forums. . .

where there's a will, there's a way

[ IGN:  bruhTeo ] - [ Jericho NA / Jolby ]

You catch more bees with honey than vinegar: http://puu.sh/lq8t2/d2d5547e21.jpg

My 'Name and Praise' thread! Please contribute to it!

PoPoPoliceman

PoPoPoliceman

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 18-July 15

The engine upgrade on consoles looks great. I hope tthat it eventually becomes a reality on PC.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3818 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

They said themselves that it ran smoothly when it was just a few devs testing it, but players flooding in destroyed performance.  Since that happened, and has been acknowledged by the devs, there's no excuse to not do this to get an accurate representation of the performance on a populated district.

Even if it's not yet in a state they want us to see it in, they just need to set that aside and work with us to get it to where they want it.  From what I understand OTW2 is a different client, so we'll probably have to download it again.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 14 April 2017 - 06:44 AM.

Allie

Allie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts
  • Joined 19-February 13

They said themselves that it ran smoothly when it was just a few devs testing it, but players flooding in destroyed performance.  Since that happened, and has been acknowledged by the devs, there's no excuse to not do this to get an accurate representation of the performance on a populated district.

Even if it's not yet in a state they want us to see it in, they just need to set that aside and work with us to get it to where they want it.  From what I understand OTW2 is a different client, so we'll probably have to download it again.

Downloading the client again wouldn't be a problem. People who support this game and want to test it to make sure it runs for the rest of the players wont mind having to sit around and download. After all, people volunteer to test.

As mentioned before, if it doesn't work first time on the live servers, it could be really bad for the game's reputation, as reporters and game critics are quite willing to just take a crap on APB whenever they can, further ruining possible new players coming to the game. Of course APB will still have a lot of the problems we have now, but lets not extend the problems further in the performance department. So lets all try and prevent this from happening. :P

If it doesn't work first-time on the test server, or it being riddled with bugs and glitches, we'll be able to get RP to work on that. Its better to be safe than sorry for people on the live servers who will have to wait just a little longer.

Edited by Allie, 14 April 2017 - 09:40 AM.

icon_shotgun_nfas.pngicon_rifle_oscar.png9iWYS3B.png?1P4D7AON.png?1icon_assaultrifle_vespatactical.pngicon_assaultrifle_star_pink.pngicon_sniperrifle_hvr243_purple.pngicon_smg_oca_sd_whisper_purple.png766n0yM.png?1BhcVPGY.png?1vmqgGpC.png?1icon_rifle_obeyabattlerifle_bipod_gold.picon_lightmachinegun_ssw_gold.pngicon_sniperrifle_ncr762_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa-jb_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa_gold.pnghywy7is.png?1X8z09bb.png?1icon_pistol_colbyclassic.pngicon_pistol_snubnose_pink.pngicon_ltl_tazer.pngicon_pistol_nano_gold.pngyev6KIJ.png?1icon_grenade_ltl.png9H0r7U1.pngfnmod_character_blowtorch.png

Citadel (EU)                                                                  

Futaku q2aboCp.png?1 *******(old) XACMtje.png?1  xAllie 03bCAtj.png?1  | Valentines 2017: Permanent cherubs.icon_reward_vinyl.png fnmod_weapon_4roundburst.png fnmod_character_hardlanding.png

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3818 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Downloading the client again wouldn't be a problem. People who support this game and want to test it to make sure it runs for the rest of the players wont mind having to sit around and download. After all, people volunteer to test.

Oh yeah absolutely, I agree.  I'd definitely be ok with downloading it again, I was just sayin that's most likely what's going to happen.

MuchNoise

MuchNoise

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Joined 09-December 14

+1

Master Scrublord

icon_explosive_aaped_gold.pngicon_pistol_nano_sd_gold.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic