41 replies to this topic

RadeonPro

RadeonPro

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

Sorry typing too fast, i meant WE ALL CAN AGREE. Not call can agree. sigh don't laugh ok  

Its only about 600+ players online, population is declining we all see that. Maybe it's about time they added a PVE mode to fight against some bots to level up a bit. Or a PVE to level up in general. If there's nobody online to play, how are player expected to level up?

And with no engine upgrade release in sight, no new content such as new maps, promotion for the PC version or any version lol, might as well add a new mode so when there's nobody online we can have something to do. Something to think about and it makes sense IMO. This game population is dropping fast.  I was thinking about coming back to the game tonight, but with only 600 players online, once you see the servers on the list, it looks terrible. They need to hurry up and do something.

Edited by NightmareAlonzo, 09 April 2017 - 09:28 PM.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7069 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

PVE is pretty much the last thing APB needs. XD

Edited by Kewlin, 09 April 2017 - 09:38 PM.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

Ignas / qsn

Ignas / qsn

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1544 posts
  • Joined 16-September 14

PVE is pretty much the last thing APB needs. XD

To kill it?

I'm bad 24/7.

MrBubbleTea

MrBubbleTea

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2933 posts
  • Joined 09-August 13
Han averages around 100 or so but I still find it fun and interactive

iBubbleTea

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3130 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

pve mode would be boring 

NMS5SG2.jpg

RTW Veteran/CBT Veteran || Wife of Neonis || Got art to show off? Come to this thread! 
hi im sadira. overwatch trash atm.

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1288 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

and it makes sense IMO. 

out of all your ridiculous suggestions this one makes the least amount of sense

the amount of work to make even a semi-competent ai for apb would be astronomical

on top of that all the extra processing power for this new ai would probably permanently crash the already unstable servers

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒BXNNXD▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

InfernalPaladin

InfernalPaladin

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Joined 19-April 13
This isn't the suggestions forum mate.

Also, 600 people isn't bad, not by a long shot. If you can't find people to play when you have 600, I don't know how to help you. I okay Jericho off-peak when we barely sc**** 150.

Really, sc**** is censored?

Edited by InfernalPaladin, 09 April 2017 - 10:32 PM.

wgF8PwK.png   jCnXVd5.png

q9K7xzJ.png

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Well we are used to playing against aimbots, but do you really expect G1 being able to develop AI for APB?

If you are still reading forum posts it means you never actually left. There is still a little piece of nostalgia for this game in your heart that will hardly die. Sad thing is that this game probably wont get better, but we can hope. Either way, you are still here, you still care, and we need you.

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4063 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14
Sc**** g**** the****utic d****ry skysc****r there are so many words its kind of distracting.

Also this is a terrible idea. Overall would be a waste of time and money.

BloodyViolet- Joker Crim Chrispe- Joker Enforcer
War Games

Allie

Allie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts
  • Joined 19-February 13

You think we can all agree that its needed. But sure as hell many people would disagree, because its a bad idea. Just like helicopters, zombies or motorcycles. RP cannot code those things, stop expecting them to be competent.

Edited by Allie, 09 April 2017 - 11:30 PM.

icon_shotgun_nfas.pngicon_rifle_oscar.png9iWYS3B.png?1P4D7AON.png?1icon_assaultrifle_vespatactical.pngicon_assaultrifle_star_pink.pngicon_sniperrifle_hvr243_purple.pngicon_smg_oca_sd_whisper_purple.png766n0yM.png?1BhcVPGY.png?1vmqgGpC.png?1icon_rifle_obeyabattlerifle_bipod_gold.picon_lightmachinegun_ssw_gold.pngicon_sniperrifle_ncr762_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa-jb_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa_gold.pnghywy7is.png?1X8z09bb.png?1icon_pistol_colbyclassic.pngicon_pistol_snubnose_pink.pngicon_ltl_tazer.pngicon_pistol_nano_gold.pngyev6KIJ.png?1icon_grenade_ltl.png9H0r7U1.pngfnmod_character_blowtorch.png

Citadel (EU)                                                                  

Futaku q2aboCp.png?1 *******(old) XACMtje.png?1  xAllie 03bCAtj.png?1  | Valentines 2017: Permanent cherubs.icon_reward_vinyl.png fnmod_weapon_4roundburst.png fnmod_character_hardlanding.png

Poperon

Poperon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1403 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

Yeah guys, come chat with me in my alley, i will throw a party today.

Free beer and Orlenz' sister to everyone!

Spoiler

★★★★★ Proud Enforcer Brazilian Player ★★★★★

oq4j0eq.png

Brasileiros: Tutorial sobre como migrar sua Conta Hoplon!

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4519 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

It is already PVE  
rH7U8vK.jpg

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

PoshDoll

PoshDoll

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2560 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

a raid/dungeon system would be cool tho. like in the division or in destiny. but they can't do it. they have neither the resources nor the time for it. doubt they will ever have either of those for a pve mode anytime soon ever.

Much madness is divinest sense to a discerning eye; much sense - the starkest Madness. `Tis the Majority. In this, as All, prevail. Assent - and you are sane. Demur - you`re straightaway dangerous and handled with a Chain.
PSN: skitsolite

Spoiler

xSagittiSx

xSagittiSx

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Joined 27-March 14

It is already PVE  
rH7U8vK.jpg

PvE means Player vs Environment

Hollowchick

Hollowchick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1090 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

Sorry typing too fast, i meant WE ALL CAN AGREE. Not call can agree. sigh don't laugh ok  

Its only about 600+ players online, population is declining we all see that. Maybe it's about time they added a PVE mode to fight against some bots to level up a bit. Or a PVE to level up in general. If there's nobody online to play, how are player expected to level up?

And with no engine upgrade release in sight, no new content such as new maps, promotion for the PC version or any version lol, might as well add a new mode so when there's nobody online we can have something to do. Something to think about and it makes sense IMO. This game population is dropping fast.  I was thinking about coming back to the game tonight, but with only 600 players online, once you see the servers on the list, it looks terrible. They need to hurry up and do something.

G1 can't even properly add a new gun without making it either entirely useless or way too overpowered.
They fail to patch the most basic bugs due to the bad engine, they fail to update the map, they have the Innova Merge and the new engine on their doorstep

And you are asking them to code a god damn algorithm for bots?

"Yeah, no f*cking biggie, thought I was gonna code some bot-algorithm this afternoon, have about half an hour of free time and nothing to do, let me construct a bot AI for this extremely complex game."

Do you even have the slightest idea just HOW complex and difficult it is to create decent AI, especially in a skill heavy game like APB? They can get stuck everywhere, balancing them out, having failsaves and semi-intelligent behavior is just insanely difficult to program and takes months even for big development studios with hundreds of developers more than RP has to make them literally just not terrible (which is still far from good by the way). That is on a decent engine, with a ton of testers and a LOT of resources dedicated to them.

The bots G1 would create wouldn't even be near gold, let alone silver for that matter.
It'd be like fighting badly moving and bugging trainees with aimbots (that is if they'd succeed in implementing them in the first place anyway). Let alone the fact they'd have to navmesh out the ENTIRE map of both Waterfront AND Financial. How is that even supposed to work? And doesn't this game have WAY bigger priorities like the Merge of Innova and the new engine at the moment?

This community is f*cking terrible.
You guys come up with some crazy patootie wild shower thoughts and without even thinking about the idea for more than a quarter of a second you post a suggestion threat online. The typo in the headline just goes to show how little time you actually spent thinking this through.
You can't just repeatedly throw random thoughts at G1 and expect them to follow your every command. They haven't made any progress over the last year anyway and instead of starting off small with your wishes like completing the engine now and moving on to minor bug fixes you guys keep asking for f*cking motorcycles and bots.

Please, for the love of god, think your ideas through before you post them and don't come up with ad hoc explanations of how things should work. You should be required to have plausible answers for big questions like how they are gonna finance this, if that is really a priority goal and how it is gonna work BEFORE you post threads like this one.

Jesus f*cking christ this community gives me headaches. 

Edited by Hollowchick, 10 April 2017 - 02:02 AM.

No, I am not that guy named "h0llow" who is AFKing on Citadel Social all the time, proof here. My characters are called "Hollowchick" and "Hoilowchick" so please stop mixing us up, thank you.

I know what fairfight exactly does i was just trying to make it look like sh*t cause i dont like it

APB Community in a nutshell. And here I am wondering why "post-truth" became the word of 2016.

Muscle

Muscle

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1290 posts
  • Joined 27-March 12

Player vs Emptiness

sorry, I saw someone said Han... 

1875686.png

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13

WE ALL CAN AGREE.

no we can't

[...]Its only about 600+ players online [...] but with only 600 players online [...]

stop pulling numbers out of your patootie
http://steamcharts.com/app/113400

timezones also have a huge offset

[...]You guys come up with some crazy patootie wild shower thoughts[...]
Jesus f*cking christ this community gives me headaches.

yeah, each and everyone :^)

Edited by ❤BR)))❤, 10 April 2017 - 02:20 AM.

t r a   n s i   l v a   n i  a  n c   u n t   h u n   g e r

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13
sorry for the doublepost

Edited by ❤BR)))❤, 10 April 2017 - 02:20 AM.

t r a   n s i   l v a   n i  a  n c   u n t   h u n   g e r

Zolerox

Zolerox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2138 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

G1 owns a game that actually has pve ?

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

She6oOn

She6oOn

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 26-September 12

I think it's a bad idea .

76561198050657472.png

SanityFlex

SanityFlex

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Joined 20-January 12

Go play GTA V mate, this game is not for you.

Votekick System For APB          Add A Legendary Grenade          Mod ideas          Easy VIP Mission Fix          Add Forfeit System

Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 07-September 14

Considering some players jump corners with reckless abandon to spray a target down with an OCA, I fear any bots would be already immensely outmatched.

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9569 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Other than what others said already, it would take quite a revamp (AI) and work on maps/whatnot. 

Edited by Bellenettiel, 10 April 2017 - 03:20 AM.

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Citizen5

Citizen5

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Joined 21-August 13

you only need 4 players to make a mission. Six hundred is plenty. 

dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Vanille

Vanille

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4104 posts
  • Joined 10-October 12

> Says there's no new content in sight

> Suggests to make new content

heh?

StunStick

StunStick

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • Joined 25-January 12
I don't think anyone can agree with you, friend.

It would take them SO long to create AI for this game... Or any game for that matter. AI is very difficult to create. It wouldn't really be worth their time at this point. They need to focus on the engine upgrade, and then more content to keep old players happy, while being enticing enough to get new players to flow into the game again.

Thehidden-Tember

Thehidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8987 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

We already have PVE in this game. This is what it looks like:

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

No.

PoshDoll

PoshDoll

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2560 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

G1 owns a game that actually has pve ?

they used to own knight online for one. an addictive pve + pvp game that probably still has the best pvp system. but they killed the game, sold it to a turkish company and now the milking continues.

Much madness is divinest sense to a discerning eye; much sense - the starkest Madness. `Tis the Majority. In this, as All, prevail. Assent - and you are sane. Demur - you`re straightaway dangerous and handled with a Chain.
PSN: skitsolite

Spoiler

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

Come to Jericho, we already have PvE (kappa)

• :^) likes this

Stomped

Stomped

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

could you imagine how great this game would run under the stress of a district filled with somewhat intelligent AI? Coding AI for these type of missions and have it be somewhat competent would be really rough as well. Not saying I wouldnt enjoy it, but it would be a massive undertaking for very little reward.

At best I think all they would be able to come up with would be Fallout 4 type AI that basically just run straight at you. Having smart AI that would play missions somewhat similar to how people actually play them and have them flank/ use cover/ track/ even intelligently go to different mission points, would be way beyond current tech levels and would take a huge amount of processing power. 

I would much rather them make a new district and have a 2 district weekly rotation. So each week we have 2 districts, instead of spreading the population through even more districts. This way we would have more district, but only have 2 at a time and each week the 2 districts would rotate.

Edited by Stomped, 10 April 2017 - 07:56 AM.

:^)

:^)

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3791 posts
  • Joined 07-February 15
nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

Ia8NHrf.png

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7069 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Wow, guys, I think we all just got triggered. . .

. . . this didn't need this many responses.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants

RadeonPro

RadeonPro

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

wow seems like nobody can read. Did everyone missed this part i said: " Or a PVE to level up in general. " <------------That does not mean creating any AI bots.

Go play GTA V mate, this game is not for you.

I play GTA SA for my online GTA fun. GTA 5 is terrible.

you only need 4 players to make a mission. Six hundred is plenty. 

Sure it is lol. This game is dying and dying fast. Wake up.

Edited by NightmareAlonzo, 10 April 2017 - 12:10 PM.

Pinpuce

Pinpuce

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Joined 06-May 14

CoWZ05t.gif

Zolerox

Zolerox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2138 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

they used to own knight online for one. an addictive pve + pvp game that probably still has the best pvp system. but they killed the game, sold it to a turkish company and now the milking continues.

WOW it really is dead if you missed my reference

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

SanityFlex

SanityFlex

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Joined 20-January 12

I play GTA SA for my online GTA fun. GTA 5 is terrible.

GTA SA is better than GTA 5?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Are you delusional?

Votekick System For APB          Add A Legendary Grenade          Mod ideas          Easy VIP Mission Fix          Add Forfeit System

Sleepykat

Sleepykat

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 17-July 13
The only non PVP content I'd like to see added one day is some form of housing with a garage and your own kiosks to work in.

The game will be dead long before they would ever find the time to make it happen, but it would be pretty awesome.
SLEEPYKAT - ENFORCER - JOKER SERVER - BALLISTIC CLAN  //  FULLMETALKITTEH - CRIM - JOKER SERVER - ATTITUDE CLAN
♫ All the other kids with the pumped up kicks.  You better run, better run, outrun my gun.  All the other kids with the pumped up kicks.  You better run, better run, faster than my bullet. ♫

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7069 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

The only non PVP content I'd like to see added one day is some form of housing with a garage and your own kiosks to work in.

The game will be dead long before they would ever find the time to make it happen, but it would be pretty awesome.

After playing BDO a little I fully support player housing.

APBNew2.jpg

nokisltu

nokisltu

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 22-July 15

PVE is not for APB, the game is about action, fast decisions and stuff. Its not some hentai looking mmorpg with dungeons and stuff that is all about grinding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users