Welcome to the APB:Reloaded forums!
Sorry to hear that you're having this issue, Let's see if we can find out what's causing this for you!
Could you please quote my response with your PC specifications and more details on what is happening during your game (like sound stuttering ect)
Just to say as well (not trying to be an arse or anything) but this may be better placed in the "Technical Issues" section rather than the bug reports' section as it is now
[EN] I have a problem with my game. Every time I start the game it works fine, but after a while playing it starts to crash and fps drops from 60 to 20, what could be the cause of this problem?
Does anyone give me a tip?
Judging by the problem only appearing after prolonged game play, here's what you can check for me;
- Check your CPU usage: More often than not, you've got something in the background that's eating up your CPU resources, browsers are a main culprit (for me Firefox decides to eat 20% of my CPU and 2 gigs of RAM every time I leave it open for more than 10 minutes), make sure if you're running something that isn't the newest kid on the block (like an older CPU that isn't hexacore or more) to close some programs like your browser etc. down before starting the game
- Check your pagefile allocation: The game uses the PageFile constantly to store temporary files, such as character, car and symbol textures and UV maps, all of which need to be constantly re-written and changed out. Allocating more than what you have now (most systems have ~2GB allocated to the PageFile unless the main C: drive partition is less than 128GB) should help alleviate some of the symptoms you see right now.
- Check your memory usage: The game uses as much memory as humanely possible for a 32-bit game (32-bit signed integer value of around 2.2GB) and it constantly can reach that upper limit. If you're running on something like 4GB of RAM (no matter what type, the more GB the better here), you will run into situations where the CPU and OS will have to slow things down in order not to accidentally kill the whole operation stone cold (STUNNER), and will have to look to other applications to free the memory required to keep going. While this happens very quickly, it often results in sharp dips in FPS as the game seeks to request out to the OS for more memory when there isn't any.
(If you don't know how to check for the PageFile allocation, follow the steps below):
To see how much PageFile your System has currently dedicated:
- Open your Control Panel, sort by Large/Small Icons, and click on "System"
- It will bring up "System Properties", click on "Advanced" and then under "Performance", click "Settings"
- It will bring up "Performance Options", click on "Advanced" and then under "Virtual Memory", it should state how much PageFile memory the system is allowed to have.
Characters : Union - SKay (Crim) OfficerSK (Enforcer) Citadel - SKayCrim (Crim) SKayENF (Enforcer)
If you have a question about APB, it's weapons, cars, mods and LeBoyce, PM me! I am an SPCM!
noob 1v1 me pls ;D