Mikeyo

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 23-August 15

Hi

Just bought GA-970A-DS3P with fx-8350 and have some issues

is 80 northbridge and 75 CPU temperature is normal while gaming?

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7054 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

You running it with a stock cooler?

Might wanna get a better cooler if you ask me, when My FX-8350 would run that hot while gaming I would get lag spikes.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1425 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

Both are bad. Make sure your CPU cooler is mounted right or get an aftermarket.

For the northbridge, make sure the heatsink it not loose. My last two gigabyte 900 series motherboards had very loose heatsinks. I replaced the plastic clips with screws & nuts to reduce the temps.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Abysymal

Abysymal

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3845 posts
  • Joined 07-August 11

I had a similar mobo before. (older model, I believe). I killed it while OC'ing. So I suggest to do very light, or no OC'ing.

I had similar temps on the northbridge, but I have a CM Hyper T4 heatsink that keeps my CPU at about 63c under full load. FX 8320.

Tbh, I wouldn't worry about the northbridge temps. Mine ran fine for a couple of years, and I decided to try to hit 4.5ghz when it died. I wasn't surprised.

Also something worth mentioning is that a lot of 3rd party "CPU temps" don't read AMD chips properly. If your mobo has a software you can view temps from, that'll be the most accurate. Aside from that, AMD Overdrive also gives accurate temps.

Lastly, you chose a terrible time to buy an FX 8350, unless you got an amazing deal on it. Ryzen 5 is just around the corner.

Mad? No... I'm the only sane one left!

I play Dota and Dark Souls these days... APB is a "Watch to see if it turns into anything decent" game now.

pizda)))))

pizda)))))

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Joined 21-December 15

Hi

Just bought GA-970A-DS3P with fx-8350 and have some issues

is 80 northbridge and 75 CPU temperature is normal while gaming?

>AMD CPU
>Are high temps  okay?
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by pizda))))), 02 April 2017 - 01:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users