Photo

Bleeding to dead...APB is...arghh...help...me! Or just keep spending money on ARMAS?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Salvick

Salvick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1152 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

The current state of the game, the fact that they just lifted massive bans on old closet-cheaters and blatants as well, the population numbers dropping every week...what are your thoughts?

I'm bringing new players but I can't recommend to spend any money on this game since there are no signs of the staff being around and no more news about anything related with the game development and the Engine Upgrade...

In fact, the only visible signs are actually leading to think the game is finally bleeding to dead and the question seems to be "how long will take rage-hackers to finally kill this game?"

I wish Tiggs could prove me wrong by just coming over to the forums and starting to post stuff as she used to do till Reloaded Day like 2 or 3 weeks ago...even if it is not Tiggs any word from anyone from the staff would help to understand what's going on since we can't know if they just fired Tiggs, everyone or no one got fired.

Also I'd like to know how hard (or expensive) is for them to keep the servers alive and what could happen if they are not in conditions of keep developing APB Engine Upgrade but just let the servers running for us to play as long as we can before everything is shut down for good...

...I've been always one of these optimist guys, specially on forums, when they started with the "the end of APB" posts, but now I have to tell you the truth, I'm telling my friends to avoid buying anything yet till we have any word from staff to know what's going on because everything looks really shady these days.

Thoughts?

Edited by Salvick, 20 March 2017 - 09:00 PM.

Salvick_twitch_banner_1.png

I have spent 29 G1C, which is $0.3625

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

Tiggs has been on vacation for the past week I believe. However, it doesn't excuse the silence with the staff, especially with no weekly server maintenance (Which is like BARE MINIMUM)

Honestly, I try to keep players away from this game. I really don't think APB is savable at this point. Every patch made the game worse and worse. I also believe they had to fire their whole UK office just because of financial issues.

Ignas / qsn

Ignas / qsn

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1580 posts
  • Joined 16-September 14

Tiggs has been on vacation for the past week I believe. However, it doesn't excuse the silence with the staff, especially with no weekly server maintenance (Which is like BARE MINIMUM)

Honestly, I try to keep players away from this game. I really don't think APB is savable at this point. Every patch made the game worse and worse. I also believe they had to fire their whole UK office just because of financial issues.

Yes, and now she's back.

I'm bad 24/7.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7091 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

TBH I'm more hopeful for APB ATM than I have been for a while after seeing the PS4 achievements are on the network, which means the PS4 and PC EU aren't far off.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

Salvick

Salvick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1152 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

TBH I'm more hopeful for APB ATM than I have been for a while after seeing the PS4 achievements are on the network, which means the PS4 and PC EU aren't far off.

Yeah, that's cool.

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15076 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Don't get your hopes too high.

N9pGkYM.png

Danimal

Danimal

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

Sometimes people (companies) need to do things that will neglect one group for the continued prosperity of said group.

I feel that G1 had to shun the PC population in order to get the EU implemented.

Will our patience be rewarded in the future?

Reject the Mainstream and F**k the Stupid Club.

Hollowchick

Hollowchick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1101 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

We are currently witnessing a games death, there is no nicer way of putting it.
The game has payed it's dues, it has been around for a good 6 or 7 years.
The engine is old, the game is neglected, the ever so toxic playerbase is shrinking by the minute.
Promises were never kept, patches entirely put on hold, bugs ignored, plans thrown out of the window, balancing flushed down the toilet, potential pissed upon.

This game is done for, it has lived past it's expiry date already which is remarkable, but considering the happenings of the last two years, it's immanent that it will only be a matter of time before G1 can't pay their bills anymore and will have to resign this game for good. At this point only the hardcore players are actually playing. This game barely gets any new players playing it.
And after all, I can hardly imagine anybody is still willing to pay for ARMAS content at this point.

You also shouldn't spend anything on that either. Please recap: Except for adding FF what has G1 done in the past few years to deserve it? They ENTIRELY ignored the massive outcries of about 90% of the community to damage-nerf the HVR, they entirely ignored the massive outcries about server performance, they entirely ignored the massive outcries about balancing patches, they entirely ignored the massive outcries over just about any issues this game had in the past 3-4 years. They took our money and NEVER put it to use. Just asking for money to maintain the same game with the same issues is not worth spending a single cent on. Especially not on ridiculous patch-notes like "We've improved this gun". You should not, under any circumstances, spend a single cent more on this game. They've gotten just about enough of our money to make something worthwhile but chose not to.

This game has become too hard to maintain anyway. Innova AND Hoplon realized that long before G1 did. They both terminated their servers, G1 just stopped sending patches over and communicating with them. They couldn't make a profit off of the games anymore and I wouldn't be surprised if G1 had something to do with them closing (although that is tinfoil head stuff now). Might be that they realized their low playerbase., but again, those are just theories not worth talking about. It didn't and continues to not change anything after all. If you can't even get a decently full Fightclub with more than 6 players in total playing on a Friday at 7PM CEST on Citadel, then your game is doomed.

It's sad to see it go but life goes on, find a different game at this point and try to fill the void while the game is in it's last moments.
I suggest Dirty Bomb for all of you, really fun F2P competitive fast paced shooter that actually receives a lot of care by it's developers + they actually LISTEN to feedback by the community. Hell, they even make videos for new patches with the leading developer talking about the changes. + In about 70 hours of playing the game so far I haven't spotted a single cheater. :^)

Find yourself a new game, this one is done. 2017 is, in all respect, by a very high chance gonna be the last year that APB is gonna exist, without or even with the new engine.

No, I am not that guy named "h0llow" who is AFKing on Citadel Social all the time, proof here. My characters are called "Hollowchick" and "Hoilowchick" so please stop mixing us up, thank you.

I know what fairfight exactly does i was just trying to make it look like sh*t cause i dont like it

APB Community in a nutshell. And here I am wondering why "post-truth" became the word of 2016.

Scotish_Harpy

Scotish_Harpy

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Joined 18-November 12

KEEP SPENDING MONEY ON ARMAS

InnerPieces

InnerPieces

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13
Life is easier than people let on...

If you still like the game, continue to support it.

If you don't, I agree... move on. Stop trying to ruin it for the rest of us.

K? Thanks.

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

-snip-

That...was very well said.

I also would like to add in that FairFight was just a complete mommy show with it's false bans, not counting the ones in the 2 huge reversal events. And even if the engine upgrade does come out, it's way too late for a revival. The game simply cannot keep up with today's standards anymore. Updates will take way to long and by the time they even come out, there'd be even more games released to the public.

And the fact that if a company cannot even afford music licensing for their game, they're probably in deep financial problems. 

Hollowchick

Hollowchick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1101 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

That...was very well said.

I also would like to add in that FairFight was just a complete mommy show with it's false bans, not counting the ones in the 2 huge reversal events. And even if the engine upgrade does come out, it's way too late for a revival. The game simply cannot keep up with today's standards anymore. Updates will take way to long and by the time they even come out, there'd be even more games released to the public.

And the fact that if a company cannot even afford music licensing for their game, they're probably in deep financial problems. 

Could argue about the FF false bans but then again, it doesn't matter if they are false or not. A large part of the community thinks they are and their distrust against G1 just goes to show how this game is hitting the sh*tter.
They stopped maintaining this game in their regular schedules, they stopped talking to us about it AGAIN like they said they wouldn't do, and they flat out lied to us on multiple occasions.

I am with you on the fact that the engine won't save the game btw. There are three outcomes for this:
1. The engine will never even be released for PS4 or PC (which is the most likely one).
2. The engine will be released and we will all hug unicorns and dance under rainbows with 20.000 people peak population (guess how likely that one is gonna be)
or 3. The engine will be released and will either be unplayable due to insanely extreme performance issues or game breaking bugs with a lack of patch support, or it will be kinda meh, technically outdated and just won't get people to play again simply because it's too late and nobody will give a rat's anus anymore.

I think the third possibility is the most likely outcome of these. Anyway, we are gonna see what 2017 holds for us, it will be, at least imo, the deciding year for APB and it will show if this game can still prevail or just falls short.

No, I am not that guy named "h0llow" who is AFKing on Citadel Social all the time, proof here. My characters are called "Hollowchick" and "Hoilowchick" so please stop mixing us up, thank you.

I know what fairfight exactly does i was just trying to make it look like sh*t cause i dont like it

APB Community in a nutshell. And here I am wondering why "post-truth" became the word of 2016.

schlonganola

schlonganola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1689 posts
  • Joined 17-March 15

Well said!

CAMHS1b.png.lBBaD6A.png. qBJ6qeZ.png?1

StunStick

StunStick

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Joined 25-January 12

Link for anyone interested.

That looks likes a phishing attempt if I ever saw one.
Just read the stuff they have posted.
"Our own fairfight"
"Enforcer anti-cheat"
Even their percentages don't make a lot of sense, they have 3 servers, tools to build the game, but no engine or game...
Just the name should send red flags...
They're "Emulating" APB? In programming terms doesn't emulation refer to reproducing hardware on a different set of hardware through software?
If you made an account with them, I'd change your password here ASAP.

Also, I wouldn't post a link to the thing that is ripping off another thing on the forum of the thing it's ripping off...

Edited by Mod Squad 20, 21 March 2017 - 11:49 PM.

Yukate

Yukate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1169 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13
I'd like to support the game, but the prices are just well, too high /:
Also false bans ugh
Cheatfest on fight clubs
I'll wait a bit till spend my Money again.

BPaUWGC.png
Citadel EU | Obeya EU1 - 
VarmieN [Crime] | Yukate [Enfo]

Helping newbies... Some1 need :> kappa

InnerPieces

InnerPieces

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13
I'll continue to support the game (when there are sales) because I still play it.

The times when I didn't play it... I just found other stuff to do rather than troll the forums and drag the community down further.

But then, I'm older so I understand how fleeting time can be. I try not to waste it ruining the work or fun of others.

Clearly, I'm in the minority. ;)

Akito

Akito

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Joined 17-April 16

The current state of the game, the fact that they just lifted massive bans on old closet-cheaters and blatants as well, the population numbers dropping every week...what are your thoughts?

I'm bringing new players but I can't recommend to spend any money on this game since there are no signs of the staff being around and no more news about anything related with the game development and the Engine Upgrade...

In fact, the only visible signs are actually leading to think the game is finally bleeding to dead and the question seems to be "how long will take rage-hackers to finally kill this game?"

I wish Tiggs could prove me wrong by just coming over to the forums and starting to post stuff as she used to do till Reloaded Day like 2 or 3 weeks ago...even if it is not Tiggs any word from anyone from the staff would help to understand what's going on since we can't know if they just fired Tiggs, everyone or no one got fired.

Also I'd like to know how hard (or expensive) is for them to keep the servers alive and what could happen if they are not in conditions of keep developing APB Engine Upgrade but just let the servers running for us to play as long as we can before everything is shut down for good...

...I've been always one of these optimist guys, specially on forums, when they started with the "the end of APB" posts, but now I have to tell you the truth, I'm telling my friends to avoid buying anything yet till we have any word from staff to know what's going on because everything looks really shady these days.

Thoughts?

First Mistake :

-Thinking that APB:Reloaded even has a staff

GG

The Peanut

The Peanut

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2855 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11

I fear they just blindly let us in the belief that the PC EU is right behind the PS4 release.

Be prepared for the evil tidings when they announce their prediction of the upgrade on pc!

There have been some vague wordings over the years by now that dropped my optimism a bit.

R.I.P. 14.10.2015 The Death of the 'God of Death'. G1, you destroyed it's Soul!

Citadel: Nanmin >< | Shinto ><

Nite

Nite

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Joined 12-July 15

And after all, I can hardly imagine anybody is still willing to pay for ARMAS content at this point.

You also shouldn't spend anything on that either. Please recap: Except for adding FF what has G1 done in the past few years to deserve it? 

FairFight and the Weapon Skin system seem to be the only real systemic addditions G1 can lay credit for. What little else remains is them finishing what another studio started.

psypsy

psypsy

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Joined 22-June 15
Why can't people just move on and let go of things that bring them unhappiness? Is it really that difficult for some people to let go?

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7091 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Don't get your hopes too high.

It's alright, my mental state can't crash much lower.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

P0rkup1mP

P0rkup1mP

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15

I'm happy with playing the game when I feel like it until it dies. ARMAS hasn't grabbed me in my years of playing, which I'm happy about in some ways but not in others. I'll give facts to my friends and leave the decision up to them since their money is theirs to do whatever they want with as they please.

You also shouldn't spend anything on that either. Please recap: Except for adding FF what has G1 done in the past few years to deserve it? They ENTIRELY ignored the massive outcries of about 90% of the community to damage-nerf the HVR, they entirely ignored the massive outcries about server performance, they entirely ignored the massive outcries about balancing patches, they entirely ignored the massive outcries over just about any issues this game had in the past 3-4 years. They took our money and NEVER put it to use. Just asking for money to maintain the same game with the same issues is not worth spending a single cent on. Especially not on ridiculous patch-notes like "We've improved this gun". You should not, under any circumstances, spend a single cent more on this game. They've gotten just about enough of our money to make something worthwhile but chose not to.

While you have a few objectively valid points, the numbers you gave in some areas don't seem fully researched.

Remember that G1 was told by the majority of the community to prioritise the EU over anything else, including weapon balance and other issues you mentioned.

What I really just want to point out though is that you can't say if they've gotten more than enough money from the players for anything because there aren't available numbers to pull for that statistic. Sure, there were and are people that buy from and support G1, but there is no way of telling whether or not it's enough unless you think about one possible reason why they restructured a short while back and let so much staff go over the years, why the EU has been so delayed, why they've failed to fill so many promises and lead to a list of issues larger than yours.

Of course, there is nothing that proves funding to be the cause for any of that, but like I said, it is one possible factor.

The only hacker-free game is one that does not exist.

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

That looks likes a phishing attempt if I ever saw one.
Just read the stuff they have posted.
"Our own fairfight"
"Enforcer anti-cheat"
Even their percentages don't make a lot of sense, they have 3 servers, tools to build the game, but no engine or game...
Just the name should send red flags...
They're "Emulating" APB? In programming terms doesn't emulation refer to reproducing hardware on a different set of hardware through software?
If you made an account with them, I'd change your password here ASAP.

Also, I wouldn't post a link to the thing that is ripping off another thing on the forum of the thing it's ripping off...

This project was worked on for a few years and lots of people know about it including G1. Ask other players who are involved in this project if you're not so sure if it's legit or not.

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1330 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

I'm happy with playing the game when I feel like it until it dies. ARMAS hasn't grabbed me in my years of playing, which I'm happy about in some ways but not in others. I'll give facts to my friends and leave the decision up to them since their money is theirs to do whatever they want with as they please.

While you have a few objectively valid points, the numbers you gave in some areas don't seem fully researched.

Remember that G1 was told by the majority of the community to prioritise the EU over anything else, including weapon balance and other issues you mentioned.

What I really just want to point out though is that you can't say if they've gotten more than enough money from the players for anything because there aren't available numbers to pull for that statistic. Sure, there were and are people that buy from and support G1, but there is no way of telling whether or not it's enough unless you think about one possible reason why they restructured a short while back and let so much staff go over the years, why the EU has been so delayed, why they've failed to fill so many promises and lead to a list of issues larger than yours.

Of course, there is nothing that proves funding to be the cause for any of that, but like I said, it is one possible factor.

the engine-upgrade-over-new-content excuse only lets them slide on a years worth of mistakes, but g1's seeming inability to listen to their player base goes all the way back to when apb was first purchased and qwentle changed the ttk despite numerous community polls

as for money, apb was making a million dollars a month at one point - g1 sextupled their original 2M purchase investment in a year, not counting revenue from other games/distribution fees/software licenses 

_|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

Could argue about the FF false bans but then again, it doesn't matter if they are false or not. A large part of the community thinks they are and their distrust against G1 just goes to show how this game is hitting the sh*tter.
They stopped maintaining this game in their regular schedules, they stopped talking to us about it AGAIN like they said they wouldn't do, and they flat out lied to us on multiple occasions.

I am with you on the fact that the engine won't save the game btw. There are three outcomes for this:
1. The engine will never even be released for PS4 or PC (which is the most likely one).
2. The engine will be released and we will all hug unicorns and dance under rainbows with 20.000 people peak population (guess how likely that one is gonna be)
or 3. The engine will be released and will either be unplayable due to insanely extreme performance issues or game breaking bugs with a lack of patch support, or it will be kinda meh, technically outdated and just won't get people to play again simply because it's too late and nobody will give a rat's anus anymore.

I think the third possibility is the most likely outcome of these. Anyway, we are gonna see what 2017 holds for us, it will be, at least imo, the deciding year for APB and it will show if this game can still prevail or just falls short.

w t f admin deleted my posts

Anyways, I go with 3. It's already proven that the engine is broken beyond pieces on the xbox one. Why would it be better on the other platforms lel.

There was more to this post in the original but you know MID SQUIDS. Seriously, did my posts get deleted because of my Puck joke lol

Edited by Enjia, 21 March 2017 - 12:51 PM.

InnerPieces

InnerPieces

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

I guess they're not as cool with IP theft as you thought.

Hollowchick

Hollowchick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1101 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

Anyways, I go with 3. It's already proven that the engine is broken beyond pieces on the xbox one. Why would it be better on the other platforms lel.

There was more to this post in the original but you know MID SQUIDS. Seriously, did my posts get deleted because of my Puck joke lol

Your post is still there though from what I can see. Maybe just your browser acting up :]

Hollowchick

Hollowchick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1101 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

They conducted the survey concerning the engine upgrade at the worst possible time. They had just released the new XBone version and everybody was getting impatient. We were all waiting for the engine and only the fewest of us thought G1 would take more than 3 months to finally finish it. Has been 8 months so far and nothing in sight. They've let us down yet again.
On second thought this was collectively the worst decision we as a community have ever made and in retrospect this is most likely what killed/will kill the game. We've effectively enabled them to do nothing and be okay with it, we basically gave the developers an excuse to not care about the game anymore and stop working on this project all together.
I have talked to a bunch of people about this already and the o-tone of the conversations was very clear:

If we'd do the same survey again now none of the people who voted for "prioritize the EU" would vote for it twice.

There are no actual statistics, that is indeed correct. But compare the fairly low work effort for implementing a gun to the effective ratio of money it generates. Not to mention the reskins. The skin-design is basically the only thing they have to worry about here, which might take the design team 1-2 days at best to implement. And those reskins make bank. Joker boxes aren't exactly cheap shots either.
From what I can tell they must have a pretty high income through Armas. If we take the FF launch statistics as a baseline (aka about 60% of the cheaters are payed players) and apply this to the entire player base we'll get a few hundred people spending anything from 5-13.000$. 
Funnily enough I bet the average playtime of the current population playing the game averages out to at least 1000 hours, and there is just a hand full of high rank golds that haven't spent any money on the game so far.
And even if all of these arguments wouldn't count, that still doesn't excuse the fact they haven't shown us anything they've done with our money at all.

Hell, we can even only speculate about these issues and financial problems in the first place because this god damn company is not able to open their f*cking mouths and talk to us. All the community wants every now and then is a blogpost concerning the progress of the new engine and a few insights into what's going on down at the Reloaded Studio headquarters.
And they can't even manage to do that consistently, but then they have the balls to ask us to spend hundreds of dollars on virtual guns for a game that could officially be closed next week for all we know? Sorry, but until they change their attitude drastically there is literally NO sane reason to spend a single cent on the game anymore.
Like, take the last 2-3 blogposts for example. Useless crap about the upcoming events and they didn't even mention the PS4 release or the engine anywhere, which is quite frankly all people care about at this point. Nobody here gives a damn anymore about the 23rd time they recycled the Christmas-Event or the Valentines day events and guns that have been the same ever since 2012.

Edited by Hollowchick, 22 March 2017 - 12:57 AM.

Salvick

Salvick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1152 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

If you guys just want to feel better, I'm not the pesimist one here, but gonna enjoy your tears since theres no Social Distrcit right now:

And it seems the rest of the server instances are screwed too:

83_pop.png

^_^ Who was right then? Me!  Muahahahaha...

No, seriously, I don't really think APB is gonna "die" although it already trespassed its statistical life-span (In words of Björn Book-Larsson himself, a game would last around 6 years as max although there are exeptions where games can last even 8 years). I really think something else is going on and a good surprise is waiting for us around the corner...is just, San Paro is pretty laberintic, so you never know which corner it is specifically, you know...

Edited by Salvick, 21 March 2017 - 04:05 PM.

InnerPieces

InnerPieces

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

Servers crash in any game... But given the threads today, I will say the timing is definitely amusing.

justkidding.jpg

Edited by InnerPieces, 21 March 2017 - 04:06 PM.

P0rkup1mP

P0rkup1mP

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15

the engine-upgrade-over-new-content excuse only lets them slide on a years worth of mistakes, but g1's seeming inability to listen to their player base goes all the way back to when apb was first purchased and qwentle changed the ttk despite numerous community polls

as for money, apb was making a million dollars a month at one point - g1 sextupled their original 2M purchase investment in a year, not counting revenue from other games/distribution fees/software licenses 

I can't argue for G1, I can only give facts I find. Yes, the EU isn't an excuse after long enough. Yes, G1 made it better than RTW, that much is undeniable. Numbers are still too scarce to say anything about what they could've done for the community.

They conducted the survey concerning the engine upgrade at the worst possible time. They had just released the new XBone version and everybody was getting impatient. We were all waiting for the engine and only the fewest of us thought G1 would take more than 3 months to finally finish it. Has been 8 months so far and nothing in sight. They've let us down yet again.
On second thought this was collectively the worst decision we as a community have ever made and in retrospect this is most likely what killed/will kill the game. We've effectively enabled them to do nothing and be okay with it, we basically gave the developers an excuse to not care about the game anymore and stop working on this project all together.
I have talked to a bunch of people about this already and the o-tone of the conversations was very clear:

If we'd do the same survey again now none of the people who voted for "prioritize the EU" would vote for it twice.

There are no actual statistics, that is indeed correct. But compare the fairly low work effort for implementing a gun to the effective ratio of money it generates. Not to mention the reskins. The skin-design is basically the only thing they have to worry about here, which might take the design team 1-2 days at best to implement. And those reskins make bank. Joker boxes aren't exactly cheap shots either.
From what I can tell they must have a pretty high income through Armas. If we take the FF launch statistics as a baseline (aka about 60% of the cheaters are payed players) and apply this to the entire player base we'll get a few hundred people spending anything from 5-13.000$. 
Funnily enough I bet the average playtime of the current population playing the game averages out to at least 1000 hours, and there is just a hand full of high rank golds that haven't spent any money on the game so far.
And even if all of these arguments wouldn't count, that still doesn't excuse the fact they haven't shown us anything they've done with our money at all.

Hell, we can even only speculate about these issues and financial problems in the first place because this god damn company is not able to open their f*cking mouths and talk to us. All the community wants every now and then is a blogpost concerning the progress of the new engine and a few insights into what's going on down at the Reloaded Studio headquarters.
And they can't even manage to do that consistently, but then they have the balls to ask us to spend hundreds of dollars on virtual guns for a game that could officially be closed next week for all we know? Sorry, but until they change their attitude drastically there is literally NO sane reason to spend a single cent on the game anymore.
Like, take the last 2-3 blogposts for example. Useless crap about the upcoming events and they didn't even mention the PS4 release or the engine anywhere, which is quite frankly all people care about at this point. Nobody here gives a damn anymore about the 23rd time they recycled the Christmas-Event or the Valentines day events and guns that have been the same ever since 2012.

I agree that the survey could've been conducted at a much better time, specifically, years earlier. I agree also that there is no excuse for not showing a return on investment. It is also true that we can only really speculate with what little information they give us, but speculation is not fact.

Fact-finding all aside, I'll say that i think it's very true that we deserve more updating in terms of the EU and PS4 release. Tiggs mentioned a meeting with Sony to discuss the PS4 release date a short while back and I haven't found an update on that.

The only hacker-free game is one that does not exist.

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1766 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14

This happened to me twice on 2 games before. AFO "Absolute Force Online" just flat out went offline for good just like that. Blacklight retribution tried to make a comeback by finally giving us PC updates that were just their console updates and gave us titles and sheet to try and say sorry for ignoring us for years...population will never be the same again....

Edited by Scavenger*from*Joker, 22 March 2017 - 08:44 AM.

tApJpyS.pngw a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
Scavenger | HIVE | Jericho

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users