48 replies to this topic

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2132 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13

APB wasent in the best of condition before the engine update was first talked about. And its just gotten worse. 
Server merge after server merge. The huge lack of communication from admins/mods and community manager. Cheaters running a muck with anti cheat not doing the best job. Serious lack of content. And the over all player population plummeting. 

Now it dosent look like the playstation release will come out till 2018. And from there contract, if thats still being followed, they cant put out the PC version till AFTER the playstation version. And thats after they work on it and finish it and debug it and test it. 

Even when/if the PC version does come out it wont be perfect. Best we can hope for is a prettier version of the same game we have now. Possibly with many bugs and glitches. We wont have now content right away. Wont have a better anti cheat, at least not right away. 

I can see maybe a spike in interest when it comes out, if it does. But is that enough to un do all the damage thats been done over the past years? Will it be enough to save APB? 

Drink up. Shoot in. Let the beatings begin. Distributor of pain. Your loss becomes my gain. Anger. Misery. You’ll suffer unto me. Harvester of sorrow. Language of the mad. Harvester of sorrow. All have said their prayers. Invade their nightmares.
To see into my eyes. You’ll find where murder lies.

e963b_metallica_loo.png

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

Can you idiots stop thinking that 2018 is the release date for PS4 from a terrible source that has numerous inaccuracies plus it is not even confirmed? It is like all of you can't even read.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit, 19 March 2017 - 07:34 PM.

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

Max 2 years, APB simply can't keep up with today's standards.

x0sqco.jpg

Aeronaut

Aeronaut

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5019 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

if it's managed to last this long, why wouldn't it be able to continue on?

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

In more detail, even IF the engine upgrade does come out, updates coming right after it will take way too long since staff has been cut down too like 7 people. 

I don't expect the PS4 release to be any better than the Xbone one release. APB for the Xbone one has been a complete failure in almost every aspect; go on and check meta-critic (Hint: It's not good).

The server merges has only happened for one reason: the population is dying and Colby was turning into a ghost town (I really miss 2012-2013 Colby days). Even after that, Jericho and Citadel can barely reach 1K players alone. We haven't had a good content update in like years, it's usually the same events recycled over and over again/or with very little changes. FairFight has a serious issue over the months starting back whenever it got automated, yet it still isn't fixed. I won't go to much detail but I'm pretty sure a good bunch of selective people will know exactly what I mean.

Going along with Aeronaut, there's no other game like APB and people will always stay/come back because there's nothing like it. If there was another game with a similar vibe with APB, APB would've went to the grave real fast. As people said, the game is basically on life support now and the only people who are actually keeping this game alive are the players that are hooked onto it. They know the potential of this game and some check the forums every day just for a SPECK of any news from the devs.

This game isn't going anywhere good, retaining the population is probably the most important thing to do right now. 

x0sqco.jpg

Bowser

Bowser

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Joined 22-February 14
Wow I knew zombie for a long time and I never seen him that upset before on the forum. I beleive people are mentioning this 2018 ps4 announcement to just get g1 attention here. People are tired of waiting for no answers on ps4 and eu update the last time they mention about anything was before the pb bans so that's like 4 months ago that's why people are going to mention unofficial news just to get their attention.

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

upset before on the forum. 

Na I just call every idiots, nerds, trash,weebs. The meaner I am to someone is usually the more I like them.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit, 19 March 2017 - 09:02 PM.

アリア

アリア

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Joined 27-October 14
I haven't seen tiggs

cnHtW4P.jpg

ezmegaz68

ezmegaz68

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Joined 20-August 14

all these can apb surive threads make me miss are nudes allowed and add bikes pls and threads

Enforcer

r255

Citadel

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4497 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

Apb is not a living entity thus it was never living so it fails to survive all together missing the nessessities to be living

Spoiler

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

Ignas / qsn

Ignas / qsn

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1487 posts
  • Joined 16-September 14
Sure it can..

I'm bad 24/7.

CourtneyQueen

CourtneyQueen

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 27-January 17

if it's managed to last this long, why wouldn't it be able to continue on?

Because people are getting bored/fed up with their constant lies and broken game. Also the insane amount of cheaters that are on daily (mostly FC but missions too probably), is putting people off the game. They're getting burnt out basically. Nothing new and nothing going on, the same shiz 24/7.

I hope it dies off soon, never to be revived again, just so i can drink all the closet tears when they have a mental breakdown because their 1 and only source of e-peen ego show-off is gone.

Edited by CourtneyQueen, 20 March 2017 - 02:41 AM.

OniShema

OniShema

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4431 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

Can you idiots stop thinking that 2018 is the release date for PS4 from a terrible source that has numerous inaccuracies plus it is not even confirmed? It is like all of you can't even read.

It's like as if people will just take a note with "-Reloaded Productions" at the end and simply think "THEY SAID IT, CLOSE THE FLOOD GATES, NO MORE IS NEEDED TO BE ASKED, THIS STATEMENT ANSWERS EVERYTHING!"

If I see someone from Reloaded say something, I hang on it but if it's some other website, I don't care unless it's NOT some old interview with previous Community Manager that did jack mommy anything to communicate with the community, let alone utilize updates or news on Steam as often as it's done now. I'm thinking of Jericho but I may be wrong, but holy hell I hated that guy what ever his name was.

Edited by OniShema, 20 March 2017 - 03:03 AM.

CRIMINAL-MadalenaKurtz      Jericho-NA       Clan:  Joker Rejects

I didn't leave the game, I'm just working.   Best way to explain Reloaded "not doing anything"

76561198007436876.png

Danimal

Danimal

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

When EU and NA merge maybe we can speculate on the condition of APB. Until then I, myself, will hope APB forever has a nostalgic place in peoples hearts similar to Diablo 2 or many 8 bit games.

Reject the Mainstream and F**k the Stupid Club.

Yukate

Yukate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13
It'll become abandoned game, cheaters playground (pretty much now Asylum on Cheatadel) with low playerbase.
Pretty much the same state as Fallen Earth is right now if G1 won't do anything I.e communicate with us.

BPaUWGC.png
Citadel EU | Obeya EU1 - 
VarmieN [Crime] | Yukate [Enfo]

Helping newbies... Some1 need :> kappa

Leilly

Leilly

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Because people are getting bored/fed up with their constant lies and broken game. Also the insane amount of cheaters that are on daily (mostly FC but missions too probably), is putting people off the game. They're getting burnt out basically. Nothing new and nothing going on, the same shiz 24/7.
I hope it dies off soon, never to be revived again, just so i can drink all the closet tears when they have a mental breakdown because their 1 and only source of e-peen ego show-off is gone.

Nice name!

Now you also speak in the forums "eternalbliss or lawlestest"? ;)

Edited by Leilly, 20 March 2017 - 05:11 AM.

If your a cheater/hacker GTFO! You ruin games for the rest of us!

MikeSweet

MikeSweet

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 19-December 13

TBH I don't care how many  " can apb survive"  threads are made.  You all want to be doomsday players go ahead.  For many of use we have been supporting apb and playing the game for years now, And I for one plan on being here till the servers shut down. 

I hope there is enough loyal followers that love apb enough to have the same attitude and try to bring positive vibes to the community more then be pessimists about the fate of an ageing game. 

Do all online games survive?  No they don't. I came from a mmo called Navy Field which went down the same path as apb.  server merges and down sizing to match the active player numbers.  There is still a navy field server on and running. As I suspect that apb will be the same. it will either grow in the next couple of years or dwindle down to a loyal community willing to stick with it. 

Either way putting up a bunch of crappy threads over and over again discussing whether apb will survive is just playing into the hands of negativity about a game we all enjoyed or still enjoy.

Stay positive and do what ever it is we can to help it survive.  Report the cheats as we see them.  Help fresh players stick around. At this time its all we can do.

BWallStreet

BWallStreet

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 19-February 15

Well, EU only has about 2 full fin and 1 full wf dis now so thats saying alot...never mind NA lol

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ  ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ  ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ  ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ  ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ  ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ  ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ  ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ  ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Danimal

Danimal

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

TBH I don't care how many " can apb survive" threads are made. You all want to be doomsday players go ahead. For many of use we have been supporting apb and playing the game for years now, And I for one plan on being here till the servers shut down.

I hope there is enough loyal followers that love apb enough to have the same attitude and try to bring positive vibes to the community more then be pessimists about the fate of an ageing game.

Do all online games survive? No they don't. I came from a mmo called Navy Field which went down the same path as apb. server merges and down sizing to match the active player numbers. There is still a navy field server on and running. As I suspect that apb will be the same. it will either grow in the next couple of years or dwindle down to a loyal community willing to stick with it.

Either way putting up a bunch of crappy threads over and over again discussing whether apb will survive is just playing into the hands of negativity about a game we all enjoyed or still enjoy.

Stay positive and do what ever it is we can to help it survive. Report the cheats as we see them. Help fresh players stick around. At this time its all we can do.

Well put. I'm in this guy's camp.

Reject the Mainstream and F**k the Stupid Club.

FreeHenryman90

FreeHenryman90

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 27-December 16

TBH I don't care how many  " can apb survive"  threads are made.  You all want to be doomsday players go ahead.  For many of use we have been supporting apb and playing the game for years now, And I for one plan on being here till the servers shut down. 

Do all online games survive?  No they don't. I came from a mmo called Navy Field which went down the same path as apb.  server merges and down sizing to match the active player numbers.  There is still a navy field server on and running. As I suspect that apb will be the same. it will either grow in the next couple of years or dwindle down to a loyal community willing to stick with it. 

Stay positive and do what ever it is we can to help it survive.  Report the cheats as we see them.  Help fresh players stick around. At this time its all we can do.

This is how i used to think.

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6970 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

"On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." 

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

"On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." 

100% of people that breath oxygen die.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6980 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

I don't think G1 is going to give up on APB any time soon, and despite what most people think AFAIK G1's cash cow is their software and patents, so they should have enough funds to keep APB going for a long time.

So the answer, IMO, is yes, it can survive.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

Yukate

Yukate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13

New Engine is soon!

Spoiler

BPaUWGC.png
Citadel EU | Obeya EU1 - 
VarmieN [Crime] | Yukate [Enfo]

Helping newbies... Some1 need :> kappa

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11

iunno.jpg

WHAT DID YOU HONESTLY EXPECT THOUGH?

Aeronaut

Aeronaut

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5019 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

Because people are getting bored/fed up with their constant lies and broken game. 

people were fed up two years after reloaded launched. every month, or even just every 1/2 weeks, you'll see complaints, suggestions, and hopefulness for positive change and improvements. it's been five years. you underestimate the power of whales to keep games alive that utilize a freemium model.

Genobee

Genobee

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5302 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11

Without a slew of big changes fast (by the end of the year) things may take an even sharper turn downward. Tiggs has said she wants to try regaining some ground. That's great and all except the game supposedly has only a couple of devs left, a contract that is putting a deathgrip on the PC version, and a myriad of longstanding problematic choices/situations/etc.

An old favorite of mine is how Gamersfirst had this thing where they were too terrified to properly balance weapons. Reason being they thought it may adversely effect armas sales. In actuality proper balance would've provided much nicer benefits to them if done correctly. Guessing they weren't big on taking that risk. Not sure if they still feel that way about it, but I hope they don't. Policies like that are absolutely horrendous. They lead to lower income from what really boils down to a lack of fun. Lose for the players and the guys trying to turn a profit.

Enjoyable games that hook people in generate more revenue. Ones that punish the player typically send them running to the hills, or at the very least means they play less and almost definitely won't make purchases. Now that isn't to say I don't understand the whole risk v reward thing. Especially when a big bunch of money is involved.. but APB is a deeply flawed game at it's very heart that, if you ask me, NEEDS some big change. Something to really bring out the fun.

I don't know. I could go on about this for ages. Lots of strange choices that ultimately led to this tough spot they are in now. Time will tell if the people still around can steer it away from the cliff it is hurdling towards. I just worry there's a few too many obstacles in the way. Many of which are seemingly firmly rooted in place.

Edited by Genobee, 20 March 2017 - 02:33 PM.

New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

Looking for something to play until the EU get released?                                                                  フリルネックトカゲ

Mission Rewards Refinement - F2P Guns as Rewards | Improve Communication

Benguin

Benguin

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Joined 16-March 11

Even when/if the PC version does come out it wont be perfect.

when your mom decided to get a baby you didnt get out perfectly either but in her heart you were perfect. I'm just saying apb will always be perfect in my heart even if it isnt pretty and i dont know where this is going but i think we had enough of these threads already. Tiggs on another vacation or someting?

Bingviini - Bengu

HomoSuperior

HomoSuperior

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1858 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

when your mom decided to get a baby you didnt get out perfectly either but in her heart you were perfect. I'm just saying apb will always be perfect in my heart even if it isnt pretty and i dont know where this is going but i think we had enough of these threads already. Tiggs on another vacation or someting?

This would be fine if not devs thinking that whatever they do is fine and that's not only G1's case. Rockstar is also perfectly happy with whatever they do without revisiting or rolling back.

Caio Sparkz

Caio Sparkz

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Joined 15-September 14

If APB die we'll see each other in a empty apartment with a black sphere in the middle, right?

Youtube Channel 

Brazilian APB Forum: forumapbr.com

Mozie

Mozie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1826 posts
  • Joined 02-May 11

People have said that APB is dying since G1's CB, the only time it died was in RTW.

If they're able to get the engine upgrade out we will most likely see it alive for a few more years.

Original Social Warrior

Official Thread killah

afk

afk

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4188 posts
  • Joined 14-February 14

"and it died, not with a bang, but with a whimper"

There is nothing more frightening than a man who has nothing to lose.

Leilly

Leilly

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

People have said that APB is dying since G1's CB, the only time it died was in RTW.
If they're able to get the engine upgrade out we will most likely see it alive for a few more years.

It depends on how you consider the game live.

It will last a few months but soon the player will end up leaving, why? "No new content".

In my opinion it's already too late, i would like to see new players in this game, to notice how the game has potential but this is never going to happen.

I do not even know how they have the money to pay the salaries to team members. The game will end up being closed.

Edited by Leilly, 20 March 2017 - 11:52 PM.

If your a cheater/hacker GTFO! You ruin games for the rest of us!

AgentWatson

AgentWatson

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Joined 20-November 12

ZPJrgpG.gif

digitaldeath

digitaldeath

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 11-February 17

can you survive?

Mr Derp

Mr Derp

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Joined 14-November 12

Teh pee beez is dying and steam charts shows it clearly. It is literally half the average player base of 2 years ago. 

There is no PC engine update coming. Accept this.

If you are good with playing against the same few people over and over in a district that never changes, that is just awesome for you. I mean this sincerely. It is great that you take enjoyment from it. But the stats don't lie. The game is beyond reviving and currently in hospice care. It is a business. When the armas income is less than the operational expenditures of the staff and hardware to run it, it will die.

vfj2ybZ.png

Rebelliousness

Rebelliousness

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Joined 24-January 12

...This game isn't going anywhere good, retaining the population is probably the most important thing to do right now. 

Imagine if G1 had had the foresight to open a banned players amnesty server, and change the policy to no permanent bans only temp kicks for cheat detection or violation of the TOS like repeat griefing and such. Imagine that players would get to keep their accounts and stuff and CONTINUE PURCHASING.

Sure, I'm no fan of cheaters but honestly, watching the game die is really sad. If there was a wise way to have kept those accounts and their interest and their continued investment, it would have been a far different outcome than where we are now.  People who cheat EXPECT to lose their accounts... so they have nothing left to lose. By creating spam cheating accounts they earn enough in-game money to buy legendaries of their choice of the in-game market.  Not a penny invested.

G1, you have sure been dumb. A Purgatory server and temp bans would have worked out a whole lot better. Imagine all the "fake" pro players who nonetheless took pride in their accounts, their name, their clan and their accomplishments, their legendaries and ARMAS collection, who would still be streaming and laughing and inviting new players to join.  Once permanent mass bans took effect, the diehard cheaters didn't go away, they just rage hacked harder, and spammed repeat free cheat accounts.  There IS no permanent solution to the cheaters~!  

The playerbase would rather take satisfaction in immediately seeing someone suspicious get temp kicked out of mission, than hacking blatantly for weeks, months or even reaching max level.

I guess that's what not listening to your playerbase gets you... no playerbase and no future.

Edited by Rebelliousness, 25 March 2017 - 12:52 PM.

"Ignoring the PC base for these garbage ports will have been the primary reason for the demise of this company tbh."-Schlonganola

SamK

SamK

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Joined 18-August 14

No. There'd have to be major-as$ changes to the game to fit in with newer games, and those would require a lot of money and time that G1 doesn't have.

Enforcer   |   Jericho   |   Fake gold   |   I've discovered that I'm bad. :ninjalook:

Garbo

Garbo

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Joined 30-January 17

If nothing happens, stuff might happen. Then again, if something happens, stuff might happen.

(am I doing this baseless speculation thing right?)

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

I love that Donald trump graffit MAN

Edited by Enjia, 25 March 2017 - 01:23 PM.

x0sqco.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users