Photo

are there no consequences for misuse of /report?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1344 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

Then that's plain silly and unfair, because if someone with "low credibility" is asking for help from the staff/admins to monitor someone then he'll keep suffering the consecuences of the staff not caring about him because "this guy is always reporting people"....then 5 months later the suspected reported guy pops up in FairFight while the innocent player with low credibility was right but nobody from the staff cared about him and his concern about the hackers...

...you guys really need to scrip a proper built-in anti cheat because cheaters are even streaming while blatanty destroying the last remains of the game and they know exactly what times of the night/day to cheat wihtout caring and then you have the other kind of cheaters who jump into alternative accounts to test how far they can cheat till they are detected so then they can jump back into their main max rank accounts and keep cheating discretely avoiding being banned...

I don't know and I'm not questioning the way a report is handled but as a suggestion I'd like to point out that everytime someone reports a player the suspected player should be put under review not just for his ingame behaviors but also is needed to check on the multiple accounts they log and if possible check the chat logs of their private messages, many of them use to be very obvious and even admit they're cheating.

I insist, giving "credibility"  and ignoring reports for those who doesn't have any is harmful for us the clean players who are suffering the consecuences of the lack of built-in anticheat scripts and is not only unfair but also disrespectful.

Every single report should be reviewed, in any normal multiplayer game you have admins constantly caring of everything that's going on in the game and they even contact you privately to ask you what is your concern about and why do you suspect a player so the admin can take a look at what you are thinking might be a player cheating.

Tiggs, you can't imagine how easy and how longer a player can get if they only cheat with wallhacks and the huge advantage that can be on a Third Person game...trust me, there are players cheating since years this way, a few of them, once they reach max rank on a character then starts to go a bit mor blatant since they know nothing is going to happen to them.

if you spam the /report feature 47 times on the same person you should not have the same credibility as someone who uses the /report feature once and moves on

i'd be willing to put money that the same person abusing the /report system is also full caps in /d asking everyone to report the people who beat him in a mission

_|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  

Salvick

Salvick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1152 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

if you spam the /report feature 47 times on the same person you should not have the same credibility as someone who uses the /report feature once and moves on

i'd be willing to put money that the same person abusing the /report system is also full caps in /d asking everyone to report the people who beat him in a mission

Then that's totally different, but if you face a blatant and you report him. Then you get matched again the same day or maybe the next day and you report him again. Let's say then that the admins were focusing on that player who was already reported by many players but couldn't find anything suspicious yet, and let's assume the player was closet-cheating instead of going blatant and consider the posibility that cheaters also can see a little "neutral" marker on their radar that let's them know when there is an invisible admin spectating them so they use the "panic" button to toggle off, so after that if you have to report any other player who might be also cheating will be more useless every time you do it?

However, is not our resonsability to "detect cheaters" but in our compromise for improve the game's environment for everyone we'll be always willing to point out suspicious things...then, because you already reported a guy two or three times the same day or just in two or three different days they'll stop caring about your reports?

I'm not talking about spamming the /report command but I talk about how impotent we are as players when we are in-game facing the same cheater repeatedly in the same day or along the week and how much should the admins care about us. In any other game when you report someone the admins are even able tom talk with you in private to ask you what they should be looking for, while here they admit they'll ignore you a bit more every day you use the function to report cheaters.

They trust the players so little bit?

Just stating that the players using the report function can earn or lose their credibility is like saying that it is easier to ignore a legit player than monitoring the suspected ones.

Salvick_twitch_banner_1.png

I have spent 29 G1C, which is $0.3625

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1344 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

Then that's totally different, but if you face a blatant and you report him. Then you get matched again the same day or maybe the next day and you report him again. Let's say then that the admins were focusing on that player who was already reported by many players but couldn't find anything suspicious yet, and let's assume the player was closet-cheating instead of going blatant and consider the posibility that cheaters also can see a little "neutral" marker on their radar that let's them know when there is an invisible admin spectating them so they use the "panic" button to toggle off, so after that if you have to report any other player who might be also cheating will be more useless every time you do it?

However, is not our resonsability to "detect cheaters" but in our compromise for improve the game's environment for everyone we'll be always willing to point out suspicious things...then, because you already reported a guy two or three times the same day or just in two or three different days they'll stop caring about your reports?

I'm not talking about spamming the /report command but I talk about how impotent we are as players when we are in-game facing the same cheater repeatedly in the same day or along the week and how much should the admins care about us. In any other game when you report someone the admins are even able tom talk with you in private to ask you what they should be looking for, while here they admit they'll ignore you a bit more every day you use the function to report cheaters.

They trust the players so little bit?

Just stating that the players using the report function can earn or lose their credibility is like saying that it is easier to ignore a legit player than monitoring the suspected ones.

its not that hard to remember names, especially with how small the pop is these days theres really no actual need to /report someone more than once a day and even thats too much imo

ive never played a game where admins come and ask you what you think is wrong, even on private servers the mods will come in and make their own decision

dunno where you got the idea that they ignore reports but it seems obvious to me that if you use /report on tons of legit players then you clearly arent capable of discerning who is and isnt cheating - in that case why should they listen to you?

_|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  

Aeronaut

Aeronaut

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5128 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

let's keep in mind with the minimal information we're given, everything's just speculation. and there's really no point discussing past it.

Poperon

Poperon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1425 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

I've given up on reporting players, no matter whichever the place. I've reported cheaters to support before, got no answer. Not even the automated ones from Puck as people claim.

The only one that i've ever /report 'ed that got banned, was s*****al. And months and months after i did it.

★★★★★ Proud Enforcer Brazilian Player ★★★★★

oq4j0eq.png

Brasileiros: Tutorial sobre como migrar sua Conta Hoplon!

アリア

アリア

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Joined 27-October 14

I've given up on reporting players, no matter whichever the place. I've reported cheaters to support before, got no answer. Not even the automated ones from Puck as people claim.

The only one that i've ever /report 'ed that got banned, was s*****al. And months and months after i did it.

maybe you have lower credibility

Edited by アリア, 22 March 2017 - 06:17 PM.

cnHtW4P.jpg

InnerPieces

InnerPieces

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

let's keep in mind with the minimal information we're given, everything's just speculation. and there's really no point discussing past it.

...and BINGO was his name-o.

Poperon

Poperon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1425 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

maybe you have lower credibility

I need to hurry and buy more ARMAS items, so i can improve this invisible role on my character.

Now being serious on the matter, it's not like i report every player that i play against. But as someone mentioned, reporting the same cheater hundred times is a problem, and i've done it on rage some times.

Edited by Poperon, 22 March 2017 - 06:29 PM.

oq4j0eq.png

Salvick

Salvick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1152 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

its not that hard to remember names, especially with how small the pop is these days theres really no actual need to /report someone more than once a day and even thats too much imo

ive never played a game where admins come and ask you what you think is wrong, even on private servers the mods will come in and make their own decision

dunno where you got the idea that they ignore reports but it seems obvious to me that if you use /report on tons of legit players then you clearly arent capable of discerning who is and isnt cheating - in that case why should they listen to you?

Then I might think you are the one with barely any experience in online games, specially in private servers where admins actually do ask about what can they do to help when you request their assistance. They will make their own decission, of course, but I still have plenty of experiencies on many different games where the admins are there to help and assist players ingame, that's why they contact you ingame.

Pretending that the /report function is any useful on this game looks just the same as when people says there are no cheaters on APB.

Edited by Salvick, 22 March 2017 - 09:08 PM.

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5200 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

You're basically saying "we don't care about your reports if you report too often"  and admiting many of our reports are being just ignored letting actual cheaters go away with it, that's rude and actually makes me lost any credibility on this game and its staff.

No, you're saying that.   I said ....   Tiggs, on 22 Mar 2017 - 4:14 PM, said:  Yes something like this ^^.  We know who reports who, when they report them and how many times they've reported them/anyone. I'm not able to go into specifics but yes, if you're spamming it will lower your credibility over time. 

Puck doesn't handle cheat reports that are sent to support, I do and go through and send them to the appropriate team members for review (I respond to all cheat reports received).  

/report isn't for everyone, sorry to hear you've given up on it.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

If you're spamming report on every opp you get your reports viability should go to zero. I don't see why anyone should complain about that. I'm easily going to trust the player that hardly ever reports and only does so once when they are almost sure someone might be hacking over the triggered silver spamming 100 reports on everyone.

Salvick

Salvick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1152 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

My deepest  concern regarding the admins assistance in game is not particullary about cheaters although in my opinion these are barely a 1/3 of the problem yet one of the most significan issues, the most frustrating situations me and pretty sue the most of the players are the de-threaters.

These players are game-breakers who are slowly killing the game for everyone, newcomers and veterans, and there's no presence of any kind of ingame moderators that could help the players to enjoy a better environment when we play as same as there's no word on forums about the amount of complains and topics suggesting to do something about the threat rank problem.

The most affected ones for this are the average players, which might be the wider niche though maybe not the most important one as it seems the small hardcore playerbase are the ones leading the game management instead.

Reeses

Reeses

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 02-March 17

No, you're saying that.   I said ....   Tiggs, on 22 Mar 2017 - 4:14 PM, said:  Yes something like this ^^.  We know who reports who, when they report them and how many times they've reported them/anyone. I'm not able to go into specifics but yes, if you're spamming it will lower your credibility over time. 

Puck doesn't handle cheat reports that are sent to support, I do and go through and send them to the appropriate team members for review (I respond to all cheat reports received).  

Does your vast knowledge of APB game play and mechanics help you determine who was and wasn't cheating in your reports? I don't ever see the community manager in game playing missions and being a part of the community. You are not qualified in the least to determine who is and isn't cheating in this game outside the blatant Goat/speed hackers.

Just admit that when it is borderline you guys make the call based on your opinion and not 100% proof the player was cheating.

Poperon

Poperon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1425 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

Then maybe you could make me see the light in the end of tunnel again lady Tiggs. I've sent the unanswered ticket that i claimed here on Nov. 07, 2016.

It's Case #: 562980. Could you please, take a look on it for me, and send it to the appropriate team members for review? I'd be very glad about it.

Edited by Poperon, 23 March 2017 - 06:15 PM.

oq4j0eq.png

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5200 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Does your vast knowledge of APB game play and mechanics help you determine who was and wasn't cheating in your reports? I don't ever see the community manager in game playing missions and being a part of the community. You are not qualified in the least to determine who is and isn't cheating in this game outside the blatant Goat/speed hackers.

Just admit that when it is borderline you guys make the call based on your opinion and not 100% proof the player was cheating.

Just because you don't "see" me in game doesn't mean I don't play. I have many accounts, Dev, GM and personal. 

Then maybe you could make me see the light in the end of tunnel again lady Tiggs. I've sent the unanswered ticket that i claimed here on Nov. 07, 2016.

It's Case #: 562980. Could you please, take a look on it for me, and send it to the appropriate team members for review? I'd be very glad about it.

That case was responded to and closed 2 days after the ticket was received. Check your junk mail if you have it from that long ago. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Poperon

Poperon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1425 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

Just because you don't "see" me in game doesn't mean I don't play. I have many accounts, Dev, GM and personal. 

That case was responded to and closed 2 days after the ticket was received. Check your junk mail if you have it from that long ago. 

Shame on me. And just guess who responded to it? :frantic:

Anyway, thanks for the replies Tiggs.

oq4j0eq.png

Ignas / qsn

Ignas / qsn

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1585 posts
  • Joined 16-September 14

Wanna group up?

I'm bad 24/7.

Sailor Ami

Sailor Ami

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 12-August 16

Sorry for spamming you and support. :(

Please, does the team members check death theme and music player? Many of my /report is for players who are using painful music and themes, like one loud tone or smashing noises, like many notes all at once, not music, just ear pain. Or they just look for hackers?

アリア

アリア

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Joined 27-October 14

Sorry for spamming you and support. :(

Please, does the team members check death theme and music player? Many of my /report is for players who are using painful music and themes, like one loud tone or smashing noises, like many notes all at once, not music, just ear pain. Or they just look for hackers?

You could have use the ignore thingy

cnHtW4P.jpg

Sailor Ami

Sailor Ami

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 12-August 16

You could have use the ignore thingy

List is full and the evil players live on to hurt other ears and /ignore does not stop car and radio music.

InnerPieces

InnerPieces

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

Wanna group up?

The fun part is...

Spoiler

Reeses

Reeses

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 02-March 17

Yes...I understand that you have accounts that you play on. How about you answer the other part of my question then.

Do you feel in your time playing on your many accounts, Dev, GM, and personal that you have an understanding of the mechanics and gun play in APB to make the determination of who is cheating? When you do play against the community which district do you play in? Bronze or silver? Have you ever suspected the opposition of cheating because they were better than you? 

Are you willing to say Tiggs that you can play APB.....vs someone who is "good", then go spectate that "good" player, check their stats from FairFight and determine 100% without a doubt they are cheating? I am very skeptical about that.

Just a word of advice....since you are the community manager, you should be more visible on your community manager character/account. You shouldn't worry about being "trolled (especially being a self proclaimed 'supertroll')." Be visible. Let us know you're there.

I'd be more than happy to group with you also. PM me. I'll give you my discord info. I think we can be friends. I can even tolerate the heat grouping with Tiggs could bring. 

Salvick

Salvick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1152 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

I'd be more than happy to group with you also. PM me. I'll give you my discord info. I think we can be friends. I can even tolerate the heat grouping with Tiggs could bring. 

There's a policy regarding teh admins/staff activities in game and they are not allowed to play with the players because that would lead everyone else to think they are biased or that there are players with privileges. Something like that, but disregarding this, in this particular community. Would you imagine what it would be the amount of rants on forums and in-game if they start with the "Tiggs has favoritims towards X player and blah, blah..."??

Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Joined 03-May 12

/report is abused so much that i doubt the function does anything anymore. people will report you for just killing them. i am 100% sure that now it's just there to calm people down. i have a friend who reports at least 20 people a day because he can't handle losing lol 

Edited by Harley Quinn, 26 March 2017 - 11:59 AM.

Be a good girl. Take your pills. 

アリア

アリア

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Joined 27-October 14

excused me you can't play with tiggs.

cnHtW4P.jpg

Kino

Kino

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • Joined 09-January 15

There's no consequences for the actual cheaters in APB. So why would there be consequences for those who spam report?

At least G1/RP is consistent.

This game is an awkward joke that you only laugh at out of pity.

MyDongIsLong

MyDongIsLong

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 05-March 14

Tiggs are you silver or gold? :)

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate (Su APB)

tyFF

tyFF

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 30-August 14

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users