Photo

are there no consequences for misuse of /report?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Aeronaut

Aeronaut

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5128 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

title

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

All it does is output a text line in chat anyway. :^)

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

ive never seen anyone complain about it on the forums (which i assume they would do since this is apb)

but there definitely should be, even if the /report function is just a placebo

_|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    

TheHidden-Tember

TheHidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9046 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

/report is only seen from the client's point of view so as far as I'm concerned there shouldn't be any consequences with it.

Maybe decrease your report's relevancies if you report innocent reports too many times.

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

アリア

アリア

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Joined 27-October 14
well it doesn't have limits, you can report the same person over and over again.

idk what happens does it clogged up the system?

Edited by アリア, 17 March 2017 - 12:04 AM.

cnHtW4P.jpg

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1546 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13
why would there be, i doubt it's what ff bases their scans mostly on, i guess it just "moves accounts higher up" in priority for scans by giving them more flags, which would be irrelevant if there weren't any other flags.
not like it causes (much) more work for anyone/thing.

t r a   n s i   l v a   n i  a  n c   u n t   h u n   g e r

Nessie

Nessie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-September 13

The only problem with the report function is that it isn't daily limited. It should have a number of uses per day, like 10-15, and then not allow you to report anymore untill the next day. This will force players to think rather if the player truly deserves a report instead of just spamming the command anytime they lose.

Also, it would make FF more accurate since there will be less players with many reports, making it faster to check and detect actual cheaters.

Give me a Cookie <3

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3169 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

they used to claim there was but... i've seen people on streams spam /report and nothing happens to them lol

NMS5SG2.jpg

RTW Veteran/CBT Veteran || Wife of Neonis || Got art to show off? Come to this thread! 
hi im sadira. overwatch trash atm.

Danimal

Danimal

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

I had to report two people for grifing. Unsure if this constitutes as abuse but these two were abusing my sanity and faith in humanity. Maybe I shouldn't have faulted them for doing APB.

Edited by Danimal, 17 March 2017 - 01:24 AM.

Reject the Mainstream and F**k the Stupid Club.

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1546 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13

I had to report two people for grifing. Unsure if this constitutes as abuse but these two were abusing my sanity and faith in humanity. Maybe I shouldn't have faulted them for doing APB.

that's not how it works fam

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15077 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11
They said that spamming reports lowers the importancy of your reports, but deep inside we all know that /report is just a placeholder command to make you feel good.

N9pGkYM.png

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

they used to claim there was but... i've seen people on streams spam /report and nothing happens to them lol

2:31 x3

Infinito

Infinito

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1088 posts
  • Joined 23-February 12

I reported epicgoat one time, 4 hours later he was still playing so I spammed /report for over 5 minutes. Nothing happened to me, goat got banned like 2 hours later.

DwGBVYM.jpg

Danimal

Danimal

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

that's not how it works fam

Yeah well since FF has done a wonderful job,IMO, the amount of hackers has been squandered to next to nil.

Sorry if I FairFighted wrong.

Since my return...Again for the umpteenth time...My opposed missions have been enjoyable, save for these two griefing tools.

Edited by Danimal, 17 March 2017 - 02:58 AM.

Reject the Mainstream and F**k the Stupid Club.

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1546 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13

Yeah well since FF has done a wonderful job,IMO, the amount of hackers has been squandered to next to nil.
Since my return...Again for the umpteenth time...My opposed missions have been enjoyable, save for these two griefing tools.

???
fairfight doesn't ban for griefing.
griefing is not hacking.
there is no way to distinguish griefers from normal players.

thus reporting them does nothing (if they weren't cheating too)

i hope those guys in your signature give you a warm welcome. x-d

Edited by ❤BR)))❤, 17 March 2017 - 03:09 AM.

アリア

アリア

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Joined 27-October 14

???
fairfight doesn't ban for griefing.
griefing is not hacking.
there is no way to distinguish griefers from normal players.

thus reporting them does nothing (if they weren't cheating too)

i hope those guys in your signature give you a warm welcome. x-d

Can fairfight banned you for going in Restricted Area? I know Battlefield does.

cnHtW4P.jpg

CourtneyQueen

CourtneyQueen

Grunt

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 27-January 17

Lucky you. Go check out fightclub, full of ruskie triggerbotters, wallers and the usual closet folk.

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3169 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

Can fairfight banned you for going in Restricted Area? I know Battlefield does.

Everyone would be FF'd at this point if FF banned for that.

NMS5SG2.jpg

RTW Veteran/CBT Veteran || Wife of Neonis || Got art to show off? Come to this thread! 
hi im sadira. overwatch trash atm.

PoshDoll

PoshDoll

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2572 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

if /report actually wasted staff members' time then a penalty for its misuse could be issued. i find it hard to believe that /report does anything at all, fairfight will catch cheaters if they are cheating. /report command is only there to give paranoid kids a false sense of safety.

Edited by PoshDoll, 17 March 2017 - 06:27 AM.

Much madness is divinest sense to a discerning eye; much sense - the starkest Madness. `Tis the Majority. In this, as All, prevail. Assent - and you are sane. Demur - you`re straightaway dangerous and handled with a Chain.
PSN: skitsolite

Spoiler

Poperon

Poperon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1423 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

if /report actually wasted staff members' time then a penalty for its misuse could be issued. i find it hard to believe that /report does anything at all, fairfight will catch cheaters if they are cheating. /report command is only there to give paranoid kids a false sense of safety.

word

★★★★★ Proud Enforcer Brazilian Player ★★★★★

oq4j0eq.png

Brasileiros: Tutorial sobre como migrar sua Conta Hoplon!

Bowser

Bowser

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Joined 22-February 14

https://www.youtube....h?v=h761yipdGLs

2:31 x3

Stream sniping will get you banned even though I told him about it to stop he didn't listen so he got hammered.

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1546 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13

Stream sniping will get you banned even though I told him about it to stop he didn't listen so he got hammered.

keepo

Yukate

Yukate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1171 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13
/report is a placebo, didn't I said this a couple of times before?
If someone will use self-made cheats then gg FF, he can running blatantly almost forever at current FF state.

BPaUWGC.png
Citadel EU | Obeya EU1 - 
VarmieN [Crime] | Yukate [Enfo]

Helping newbies... Some1 need :> kappa

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1546 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13

/report is a placebo, didn't I said this a couple of times before?
If someone will use self-made cheats then gg FF, he can running blatantly almost forever at current FF state.

???
this is not how FF works

is that so hard to understand

Edited by ❤BR)))❤, 17 March 2017 - 09:33 AM.

Garbo

Garbo

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 30-January 17
why is this even a topic?
who the hell cares?

アリア

アリア

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Joined 27-October 14

why is this even a topic?
who the hell cares?

who knows maybe fairfight system is slow due to the amounts of in game reports.

Edited by アリア, 17 March 2017 - 02:34 PM.

cnHtW4P.jpg

im only good at ERPvP

im only good at ERPvP

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3599 posts
  • Joined 30-January 12

I'm 99.99% sure /report is just a placebo line of text that gets generated in your chat to try to slightly reduce your salt levels. 

03c86027a4.png
Just some dumb silver
Spoiler

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

I think it's a bit silly to ban someone for stream sniping, especially one that's permanent and through FairFight. It kinda questions my thoughts on how G1 uses FF and a system built to eliminate "cheaters" or also players that commit "inappropriate activity".

Are you sure stream sniping is bannable and could possible lead you on the FF list? If it really was, we'd see a lot more players banned through FairFight.

Edited by Enjia, 17 March 2017 - 04:35 PM.

Yukate

Yukate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1171 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13

???
this is not how FF works

is that so hard to understand

So, say it like that
Does FairFight flag a reroll who's making 60/x/x stats each game since he have created his account?
From this account's point of view he is playing "as usual" but in the other side we have closets / ppl who started cheating after they reach certain level etc.
Usually they're making decent stats, rarely above 25-35 kills and since one day they're making 40+ kills most of their time, it may be flagged as "unusual" and will be (most likely) considered by FF if he's cheating or no.

That's only my opinion but seems to be true.

Edited by Yukate, 17 March 2017 - 04:43 PM.

BPaUWGC.png
Citadel EU | Obeya EU1 - 
VarmieN [Crime] | Yukate [Enfo]

Helping newbies... Some1 need :> kappa

HomoSuperior

HomoSuperior

Elite

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1906 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

When I spawn in the district I start from reporting everyone. Just in case.

Sailor Ami

Sailor Ami

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 12-August 16

I once was using /report many many times then I get a red message You have been silenced by a GM no more /report after that. :(

Edited by Sailor Ami, 17 March 2017 - 08:25 PM.

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1546 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13

So, say it like that
Does FairFight flag a reroll who's making 60/x/x stats each game since he have created his account?
From this account's point of view he is playing "as usual" but in the other side we have closets / ppl who started cheating after they reach certain level etc.
Usually they're making decent stats, rarely above 25-35 kills and since one day they're making 40+ kills most of their time, it may be flagged as "unusual" and will be (most likely) considered by FF if he's cheating or no.

fairfight will just compare the killamounts of a player with those of himself. sure thing? that's nonsense, they will get a flag if their values are too much out of average of all players, however obviously this is not enough, i guess it also has to determine how much they are aiming at a single bone or in general if their aim is like of a human (or if they have LoS or anything when aiming or always walk in the direction of enemies etc etc etc)

oh or do you mean go closet/not blatant unlike you wrote before? you don't need private cheats for that. and finally ff caught closets too (e.g. rainblow, seriously i never would've thought he cheated)

Edited by ❤BR)))❤, 18 March 2017 - 02:17 AM.

master shake

master shake

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 28-November 16

So, say it like that

no because I averaged 65 frags a match of asylum on mastershayke since making it and never got banned

but on isidezz i averaged about 34 or so and got ****d fairly often and got banned

neither accounts cheated on so im pretty sure they accidentally misplaced the free g1c lottery winner function with the fairfight ban function

on the contrary i acted like quite the fuzzy bunny so fairly deserving of those hot b's t b h

yea i actually kept track of my stats - 5.5 gb screenshot folder :'(

Edited by master shake, 18 March 2017 - 02:20 AM.

ShaiShai

ShaiShai

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Joined 11-December 11

I once was using /report many many times then I get a red message You have been silenced by a GM no more /report after that. :(

I had that happen onece, my silenced lasted 8 hours, also if you spam the /report too many times the game will kick you for posting too many messages in a short amount of time

Mekelek

Mekelek

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 20-August 13

:s

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5203 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

They said that spamming reports lowers the importancy of your reports

Yes something like this ^^.  We know who reports who, when they report them and how many times they've reported them/anyone. I'm not able to go into specifics but yes, if you're spamming it will lower your credibility over time. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

アリア

アリア

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Joined 27-October 14

Yes something like this ^^.  We know who reports who, when they report them and how many times they've reported them/anyone. I'm not able to go into specifics but yes, if you're spamming it will lower your credibility over time.

thanks but I prefer to report cheaters with videos by customer support. As the highlights I've shown has 100% credibility the player is cheating and probably continue to go with my own method in reporting.

tiggs you know my credibility is in high standard since you been replying to all my cheat reports thank you.

Edited by アリア, 22 March 2017 - 04:53 PM.

cnHtW4P.jpg

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7233 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Would assume the report function works like a points system.  Obtain X unique points in X time and a staff member will come and actually monitor you and your statistics and would react accordingly.

If Fairfight is on auto though, i have no clue how it would work now.  Maybe shifts your priority in the system?

Edited by SkittyM, 22 March 2017 - 02:16 PM.

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1
  1:15:56 PM [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: You drive a jacked up truck but not so jacked that people question the size of big jim and the twins

Salvick

Salvick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1152 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

Then that's plain silly and unfair, because if someone with "low credibility" is asking for help from the staff/admins to monitor someone then he'll keep suffering the consecuences of the staff not caring about him because "this guy is always reporting people"....then 5 months later the suspected reported guy pops up in FairFight while the innocent player with low credibility was right but nobody from the staff cared about him and his concern about the hackers...

...you guys really need to scrip a proper built-in anti cheat because cheaters are even streaming while blatanty destroying the last remains of the game and they know exactly what times of the night/day to cheat wihtout caring and then you have the other kind of cheaters who jump into alternative accounts to test how far they can cheat till they are detected so then they can jump back into their main max rank accounts and keep cheating discretely avoiding being banned...

I don't know and I'm not questioning the way a report is handled but as a suggestion I'd like to point out that everytime someone reports a player the suspected player should be put under review not just for his ingame behaviors but also is needed to check on the multiple accounts they log and if possible check the chat logs of their private messages, many of them use to be very obvious and even admit they're cheating.

I insist, giving "credibility"  and ignoring reports for those who doesn't have any is harmful for us the clean players who are suffering the consecuences of the lack of built-in anticheat scripts and is not only unfair but also disrespectful.

Every single report should be reviewed, in any normal multiplayer game you have admins constantly caring of everything that's going on in the game and they even contact you privately to ask you what is your concern about and why do you suspect a player so the admin can take a look at what you are thinking might be a player cheating.

Tiggs, you can't imagine how easy and how longer a player can get if they only cheat with wallhacks and the huge advantage that can be on a Third Person game...trust me, there are players cheating since years this way, a few of them, once they reach max rank on a character then starts to go a bit mor blatant since they know nothing is going to happen to them.

Edited by Salvick, 22 March 2017 - 03:10 PM.

Salvick_twitch_banner_1.png

I have spent 29 G1C, which is $0.3625

Salvick

Salvick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1152 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

You're basically saying "we don't care about your reports if you report too often"  and admiting many of our reports are being just ignored letting actual cheaters go away with it, that's rude and actually makes me lost any credibility on this game and its staff.

Salvick_twitch_banner_1.png

I have spent 29 G1C, which is $0.3625

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users