Tigrix

Tigrix

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Joined 20-August 14

(title)

As many people before you have debated, cried, demanded, wished, asked, pleaded, begged, in many games past and currently active... 

G1, when can we expect a client-side anticheat returning to APB?

/Discuss

But really BattlEye because professional cheat-makers mostly stopped making cheats for it because of how good it is. It scans everything that could be reading the game's memory.

I never heard of FairFight before R6S, but I'll tell you one thing - it's a gosh darning joke.

APB is known to be a hack fest. BF4 has a lot of cheaters in it but punkbuster took a lot out.

Battleye is a very difficult system to fool and when it catches you its an annoying process to work around the ban. It works wonders in the games that use it which is why it is considered the Gold Standard.

It's literally the only way to get the majority of the hacks out of the game. Batteye or Punkbuster NEED to be implemented or this game's PC playerbase is going to leave. If you want to relegate this to a console game then GG, mission is on its way to accomplishment full steam ahead.

(sounds strangely familiar)

Basically if you vote no then you are probably cheating or ret@rded. The cheating on PC is just ridiculous. Clearly FairFight is not working and Ubisoft can't figure out who is and who isn't cheating on there on. Having to add a report button in and having players submit a ticket to Ubisoft to report someone is just a sad commentary on how bad the cheating is and how ill equipped Ubisoft is to handle it.

Unless playing on a Pentium 3 with 512MB of RAM and a NVIDIA Geforce 5600 Graphics Card. Then it is understandable why he doesn't want any "malware" anti-cheat software.

Just to address how stupid his point is, currently Punkbuster is running on my PC and is using 1,184 kb of memory out of 16 GB. Man do I notice that almost 2MB of memory being used. /kappa

It is believed that roughly 5-8% PC gamers can be counted as "hardcore" cheaters (people who pay for cheats in most games they play online).

Spoiler

Edited by Tigrix, 16 March 2017 - 05:00 AM.

https://www.youtube....h?v=STpXy7gXzC4

Being online doesn't mean you're suddenly not responsible for who you are. Embarrassing, threatening, harassing, attacking and insulting - based on gender, race, nationality or simple difference of opinion? ...This shows who you are as a person, sitting behind the monitor. You think nobody will care? Think again.

The age of Cancer is over. The dawn of Justice has come.

Kitty Yekaterina

Kitty Yekaterina

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Joined 28-October 13

quote on BE:  "The cheater-plagued DayZ community has confirmed many times that cheating has been reduced to an absolute minimum ever since the new proactive BE system was introduced in February 2015. Mission: Success! Being passionate about protecting games for almost 11 years, we are looking forward to assisting game developers in their fight against selfish cheaters for many decades to come. "

Give us Battleye !

P.S. regarding punkbuster being "faulty" in apb banning "wrong" people.

Someone care to explain me how is Punkbuster accepted by all huge game companies such as Ubisoft and Battlefield with gaming population of millions of players, but its so "bad" for genius APB with its barely 3000 gaming population.

How come Punkbuster working properly for well known games but its suddenly badly programmed for barely known APB ?

Someone obviously wants so badly to make us believe PB is crap. Why? You already know answer on that question. 

Edited by Kitty Yekaterina, 16 March 2017 - 05:08 AM.

Being online doesn't mean you're suddenly not responsible for who you are. Embarrassing, threatening, harassing, attacking and insulting - based on gender, race, nationality or simple difference of opinion? ...This shows who you are as a person, sitting behind the monitor. You think nobody will care? Think again.

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6928 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

Well the real question is.

Is it financially feasible for RP to get a good client side anticheat?

I think most of us can agree that it would be nice to have but even though I don't have a clue what RP's financials look like I can only imagine that it's not that great.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1780 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

I'm ready for this thread. :^)

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit, 16 March 2017 - 05:12 AM.

Tigrix

Tigrix

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Joined 20-August 14

They are too. I'm sure they even got a spokesperson mentally preparing them as part of the full x22 50£ package.

However;
Tiggs, or any reloaded staff ... care to shed any light on the status of clientside anti-cheat ever since you disabled PB?
Are you searching something? havin' any negotiations? or you think FF analyzer as stand-alone is fine.. ?

Edited by Tigrix, 16 March 2017 - 05:17 AM.

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2798 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

I agree that a FF+client-side anticheat combo would be the optimal solution (if both are configured correctly). However, the crucial question here is:

Spoiler

However;
Tiggs, or any reloaded staff ... care to shed any light on the status of clientside anti-cheat ever since you disabled PB?
Are you searching something? havin' any negotiations? or you think FF analyzer as stand-alone is fine.. ?

I wish you the best of luck in getting an official response from Reloaded Games. There are daily calls for communication, but we're getting nothing at the moment.

> Part-time perc'er <> Permanent casual <> Fresno detonator <

AsgerLund - Citadel <> Clan lumberjack - Midgard Inc.

Sayoree

Sayoree

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 26-June 14

It feels like they can't afford to hire a GM to lurk in-game now and then. So how do you think they can afford new decent anti-cheat system? 

I'm expecting them to release the PS4 version in whatever state just to get out of the hot pan they got themselves into it. After that completely abandon PC engine udpate(lol, I know, right?!) and milk the game til it dies, which to be honest shouldn't take long.  APB is way beyond the point of saving.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong. (Too bad they will not)

edit: speaking of anticheat, I asked in another thread but it was deleted shortly after. Not a lock, just straight deleted.

So why FairFight broadcast message was changed? used to be "FairFight active and monotoring". Now it's "FairFight active".

Can't be that they had nothing better to do but to change broadcast messages. Was a new version deployed? Downgraded? Or perhaps FairFight is gone and broadcast message is fake. It kinda makes sense though, FF active but monitoring part is gone. lol.

Edited by Sayoree, 16 March 2017 - 05:35 AM.

MikeSweet

MikeSweet

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 19-December 13

I can say from personal experience from running several dayz servers over the years that BE did do a half way effective job at catching and detecting cheats. its also a major pain in the patootie when if comes to false positives.

On the servers that i have owned their were numerous false positives since i was able to read the data base and see what the particular player was doing when the ban hammer fell on them.

For the most part BE is a good system as long as it is maintained, updated, and tweaked to get the up most performance out of it, as does most programs. but having a client side anticheat would be a set in a positive direction to help rid apb of the script kiddys.

Kitty Yekaterina

Kitty Yekaterina

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Joined 28-October 13

It feels like they can't afford to hire a GM to lurk in-game now and then. So how do you think they can afford new decent anti-cheat system? 

If you ask mister SPCM at Citadel, he will confirm that GM's are constantly lurking in the districts, but they are afraid to show their online status due to multiple death threats. O.o ??  :Hmm:

Sayoree

Sayoree

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 26-June 14

If you ask mister SPCM at Citadel, he will confirm that GM's are constantly lurking in the districts, but they are afraid to show their online status due to multiple death threats. O.o ??  :Hmm:

lmao. If that's true then:

- they don't do their job at all

- again they don't do their job if they don't punish 12 y.o nerds for threating the staff members.

- need to HTFU, stop being so sensitive.

SKay

SKay

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

I do have a name

Many quotes

I would like to see where you got these quotes from. Because a google search can yield a completely different result as to the argument put forward.

I will iterate this again; Battleye is decent, yet the time required to implement such a thing in the current state would not be worth it outright. It's not something that you can just install and go; it requires the engine to be code-aware of Battleye, what it is, what it is doing and for Battleye to be likewise.

Also PB is actually terrible, just throwing that out there, that's just a universal agreement among developers. Free cheats have been able to bypass it for years.

Posted Image

Characters : Union - SKay (Crim) OfficerSK (Enforcer) Citadel - SKayCrim (Crim) SKayENF (Enforcer)

If you have a question about APB, it's weapons, cars, mods and LeBoyce, PM me! I am an SPCM!

Posted Image

noob 1v1 me pls ;D

MikeSweet

MikeSweet

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 19-December 13

How come Punkbuster working properly for well known games but its suddenly badly programmed for barely known APB ?

it all comes down to G1 allowing an anticheat company to strike a contract and release its data base files so that said anticheat company can build an anti cheat for said coding of data base.

im sure any of the above mentioned programs would work to some degree, it just comes down to if G1 has time or personel to work on this and work with another anticheat company.

Tigrix

Tigrix

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Joined 20-August 14

lmao. If that's true then:

- they don't do their job at all

- again they don't do their job if they don't punish 12 y.o nerds for threating the staff members.

- need to HTFU, stop being so sensitive.

Exactly... i think this is why kitty laughed at response in public, saying GM's are present but afraid to show themselves ;P

Imo, it's more that there ARE no gms :) of course it sounds better saying they are there.. but just hidden... 
However... ;) 
If you're afraid to show your nickname(how do ppl make threats vs an incognito nickname anyway?)... or afraid to punish someone for making death threats... then ehhh, why are you a GM. ;)

Edited by Tigrix, 16 March 2017 - 06:32 AM.

SW1FT

SW1FT

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Joined 08-July 12

Also PB is actually terrible, just throwing that out there, that's just a universal agreement among developers. Free cheats have been able to bypass it for years.

Oh, so it's better to have a clearly flawed server-side statistic based anti-cheat instead of an anti-cheat that actually detects cheats, like epicgoat's and other public cheats? Don't make me laugh now.

m2nGaOE.png

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

If the said client sided anticheat doesn't kick me every 10 minutes, yes Punkbuster used to kick me whole month or two each 10-30 minutes, and if it doesnt have all kinds of stupid errors, and doesnt cause more pointless fake bans then yes. I suppose it would be okay.

But im afraid it wouldn't do much good at this moment.

Better question here is, when can we expect ANY UPDATE to the game.

Edited by Snake Eyes, 16 March 2017 - 06:35 AM.

If you are still reading forum posts it means you never actually left. There is still a little piece of nostalgia for this game in your heart that will hardly die. Sad thing is that this game probably wont get better, but we can hope. Either way, you are still here, you still care, and we need you.

GTBSG. Loner. Loser. Spammer. You wont see me much around here anymore, i dont enjoy the game now even when winning, maybe its time to move on... I hate 90% of APB playerbase, but im toxic player, so we are good.

SKay

SKay

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

Oh, so it's better to have a clearly slow server side statistic based anti-cheat instead of a inherently flawed client-side anti-cheat that doesn't work, like epicgoat's and other public cheats? Don't make me laugh now.

Fixed.

Edited by SKay, 16 March 2017 - 06:37 AM.

Posted Image

Characters : Union - SKay (Crim) OfficerSK (Enforcer) Citadel - SKayCrim (Crim) SKayENF (Enforcer)

If you have a question about APB, it's weapons, cars, mods and LeBoyce, PM me! I am an SPCM!

Posted Image

noob 1v1 me pls ;D

Kitty Yekaterina

Kitty Yekaterina

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Joined 28-October 13

I do have a name

Sorry you know the rules, no naming policy allowed at forums, besides you are only seen SPCM at Citadel for past 4 years so am pretty sure everyone knows your name. Your ego can be peaceful .  :notworthy:   :cheer:

SKay

SKay

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

Sorry you know the rules, no naming policy allowed at forums, besides you are only seen SPCM at Citadel for past 4 years so am pretty sure everyone knows your name.

No naming and shaming on the forums; you can still give people a name. I just don't like the term of "Mister SPCM", I would rather just be called out by name, especially as I'm still one of a few SPCM still alive.

Portal__Still_Alive_Album_Cove_by_SonidZ

Posted Image

Posted Image

noob 1v1 me pls ;D

Tigrix

Tigrix

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Joined 20-August 14

Oh, so it's better to have a clearly flawed server-side statistic based anti-cheat instead of an anti-cheat that actually detects cheats, like epicgoat's and other public cheats? Don't make me laugh now.

+1 
Having NO client-side anti-cheat and expecting a PC playerbase to behave .. that is imo flawed, af. :) 

SW1FT

SW1FT

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Joined 08-July 12

Fixed.

Fairfight, besides being slow is also flawed: Human behavior is unpredictable, and will take a lot of time of pattern analysis via AI to actually have good (but not sufficiently accurate) results, which we currently don't have and I can assure you there's way more false positives than with PB.

Now, if you wanna talk about AI vs signature detection, we could go on all day but at the end the conclusion is very simple:

Signature detection is good against public cheats and some famous paid cheats, but will fail against custom made cheats with very low user base.

AI is promising but is not there yet, it's very hard to predict if someone is cheating using "legit settings" that appear to make that person seem like a very good player hence why so many false bans.

Pick your poison.

Edited by SW1FT, 16 March 2017 - 06:58 AM.

m2nGaOE.png

SKay

SKay

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

Fairfight, besides being slow is also flawed: Human behavior is unpredictable, and will take a lot of time of pattern analysis via AI to actually have good (but not sufficiently accurate) results, which we currently don't have and I can assure you there's way more false positives than with PB.

Now, if you wanna talk about AI vs signature detection, we could go on all day but at the end the conclusion is very simple:

Signature detection is good against public cheats and some famous paid cheats, but will fail against custom made cheats with very low user base.

AI is promising but is not there yet, it's very hard to predict if someone is cheating using "legit settings" that appear to make that person seem like a very good player hence why so many false bans.

I would say the opposite is true for false positives, and human behaviour, while yes unpredictable, can be quantified and rationalized; a human simply cannot do certain things that a cheating program can allow one to do. Google into it and you'll see that PB has done quite a number of false bans on nearly all games it's been a part of, not just this one. BF4 or Hardline are two prime examples; both were bypassed in Beta and have had cheaters running rampant while guys with paint programmes like photoshop etc getting accidentally banned because PB decided that it doesn't like art (in other words its signature detection software decided to flag Photoshop or GIMP)

Signature detection needs a constant updated database along with some rudimentary file integrity checking and memory scanning abilities, but PB still doesn't have the greatest memory detection, and on games like RO2/RS, BF4 etc. (not like ancient games, games from the last 3-4 years) it really is so haphazard in its choice to kick those who've just got normal programs running in the background that it would've never gotten off of the ground. And with an engine as old as APB's, you're looking at ancient signature detection methods that wouldn't even hold a candle to more modern detection methods.

FF has huge problems, lets make no mistake here, it's not perfect. It is sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Very, very slow. It's the way it was designed, nothing really can help it further along. However it also suffers from being unable to flex it's muscles fully, because G1 requires nearly all bans be manually processed, because people will cry foul over false bans publicly and will shoot the confidence the company has in the software, and it already has (remember that 71 false ban wave? It was because the perf was set just a hair into a small possibility a human could do a certain action (not going to say which it was) but it was publicly acknowledged and fixed, but most of them have already ended up on the FF list again under manual review). Since then the automated process has been turned back off and all bans are manually actuated, hence why there's been a vast reduction in bans/day. In short, they want to get it 110% right. Not 99% right, which is what all anti-cheat programs will give you.

But coming from my own experience, PB has a lot more problems, hence why I am so hostile to it, it just doesn't work. It's like DRM gone wrong. (I look at you SecuROM)

Posted Image

Posted Image

noob 1v1 me pls ;D

master shake

master shake

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 28-November 16

yeah man i've been saying we need client side anticheat for the past 4 years now

and i have more ffbans than most actual cheaters

im surprised someone else has a brain here

Edited by master shake, 16 March 2017 - 07:13 AM.

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1995 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

If you're afraid to show your nickname(how do ppl make threats vs an incognito nickname anyway?)... or afraid to punish someone for making death threats... then ehhh, why are you a GM. ;)

Sure, I mean go right ahead.. I just hope you don't mind being spammed in district chat about support tickets and asking for free stuff, also death threats, constantly badgered by players as well as asking why someone hasn't been banned.

Also, the last time we had an "active" GM (not naming any names), they got power hungry and started banning people for the most ridiculous things, when the GM them-self was responsible for interrupting general gameplay in a full mission district, all for the lovely prize of 1 JMB that the winner couldn't choose. I think there was a petition to get them fired or something, though don't quote me on that.

Edited by Kempington, 16 March 2017 - 08:00 AM.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

▒▒▒

▒▒▒

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1147 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

Someone care to explain me how is Punkbuster accepted by all huge game companies such as Ubisoft and Battlefield with gaming population of millions of players, but its so "bad" for genius APB with its barely 3000 gaming population.

Someone obviously wants so badly to make us believe PB is crap. Why? You already know answer on that question. 

probably shouldnt use 2 of the worst companies in the industry as your examples

aside from that, every game that uses pb suffers from the same complaints of false bans, excessive kicking, and resource hogging

pb just isnt a good anticheat, regardless of what game has it

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Rebelliousness

Rebelliousness

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Joined 24-January 12

Well the real question is.

I think most of us can agree that it would be nice to have but even though I don't have a clue what RP's financials look like I can only imagine that it's not that great.

For a fact, without a clientside anticheat, this game is dead within 6 months. If I was a company going bankrupt, I'd throw whatever I could at the game to try and keep it viable before sinking, since they're going to sink anyway, why not try to save the game? Hell implement Battleye alongside FF and see if you might not start to float the boat.,

Edited by Rebelliousness, 16 March 2017 - 10:44 AM.

"And today class we'll be talking about cheating in MMO games. Everyone please turn the page to Chapter JaJaJa." -Contacts <Jericho>

mynd

mynd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4206 posts
  • Joined 26-January 12

For a fact, without a clientside anticheat, this game is dead within 6 months. If I was a company going bankrupt, I'd throw whatever I could at the game to try and keep it viable before sinking, since they're going to sink anyway, why not try to save the game? Hell implement Battleye alongside FF and see if you might not start to float the boat.,

Game is already dead, they insured that when they committed to releasing the Engine Update on consoles first.  Fairfight was a really good move, but certain notable max ranks have been able to avoid some how so it is possible to fool.  Client-side anti-cheat pairing that's actually effective would be a good move, but perhaps too little too late.  I am tired of the obvious walling by many of the daily regulars at the very least.  Trik and I can play for hours until mission-locked with obvious cheaters.  I imagine more people would play more often and longer the better the cheater situation was handled, but is it enough at this point?  I mean it couldn't hurt, but RG is probably super broke.

Garbo

Garbo

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Joined 30-January 17
So SPCMs actually are employed by APB?
I always thought they were just players meant to help new players.

I guess you learn something new every day.
SKay, how much do you get payed to play APB, and did you have to move to California for this job?

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6771 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

This thread again? So soon?

~snip~

~snip~

+1, out of likes.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

FreeSnubnose

FreeSnubnose

Initiate

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 14-March 17

oh... another thread G1 won't care about, I guess? Q_Q

FreeHenryman90

FreeHenryman90

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 27-December 16

Get rid of FF it's mommy, BE would be good enough alone.

アリア

アリア

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 27-October 14
hmm I haven't got a reply from tiggs for weeks, that blatant cheater is still playing.

Is cheat reports from customer support down?

Edited by アリア, 16 March 2017 - 04:34 PM.

cnHtW4P.jpg

あなたが私に直面するようになると、あなたは私が他の誰も好きではないことを認識しなければならない。私はあなたの存在を妨げず、私は間違いなくあなたに印象づけていない。なぜなら、あなたがそれを認めたくないのに、私があなたを倒し、深く落としてしまった理由を知っているからです。あなたは、私が選んだ誰にも負うことのできない苦痛と屈辱を知っています。それはまさにあなたが失うことを恐れて私に泣いている理由です。

▒▒▒

▒▒▒

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1147 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

So SPCMs actually are employed by APB?
I always thought they were just players meant to help new players.

I guess you learn something new every day.
SKay, how much do you get payed to play APB, and did you have to move to California for this job?

afaik the spcm is a volunteer position similar to spct

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Abysymal

Abysymal

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3796 posts
  • Joined 07-August 11

Fairfight is the best anti-cheat ever, and has 100% accuracy with 0.0000001% false positives

APB has no cheaters at all, you're just bad

Tigrix likes little boys

Random quotes mean nothing

Now that I've got that out of the way;

G1 sucks balls and won't do anything about it. /thread?

Edited by Abysymal, 16 March 2017 - 08:56 PM.

Mad? No... I'm the only sane one left!

I play Dota and Dark Souls these days... APB is a "Watch to see if it turns into anything decent" game now.

Tronkles

Tronkles

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3848 posts
  • Joined 21-November 10

It took Ubisoft around half a year to get BattlEye to work with Rainbow six siege and ever since it's been blast and, so far, almost completely cheat free since no developer want's to code for it since it's not feasible.  

The issue APB has is that why should they invest in it? You're not gonna get anymore people since the game is 7 years old and everyone knows how it receives no content at all, so why invest the time? 

Edited by Tronkles, 16 March 2017 - 09:19 PM.

I HAVE GM ON MY BALLS!!!!!!!!! MODARATORS TOO!!! U R ALL NOOBS!!!!!! I CAN gosh darn U EASY WITH MY STAR556 LVL9 TUTORIAL IDIOTS!!!!!!!!

UubeNubeh DaWog

UubeNubeh DaWog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1831 posts
  • Joined 19-August 12

Since then the automated process has been turned back off and all bans are manually actuated, hence why there's been a vast reduction in bans/day. In short, they want to get it 110% right. Not 99% right, which is what all anti-cheat programs will give you.

Source?

How am I suppose to play the game when the game doesn't even work??????????????

APB servers are the most stable servers in the world. They never go above 33ms.

APB:Reloaded: Without a crosshair

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

http://forums.gamers...e/#entry4457938 (Here's an FF vs BE thread if anyone is interested)

Too OP, I really agree that Battleye can work so much better with APB. I never really liked the idea of having a server-sided anti-cheat that goes on gathered "statistics" rather than hard evidence. 

And the fact that if you ever get banned by BE, I believe you have to reach out to BE support rather than G1 support. I honestly think FF should be replaced and removed already since it's already done enough false positives (inb4 some silver comes in and white knights FairFight lmao what a joke xD). I believe that once BE gets into place, APB will become a lot better with keeping legits in and cheaters out, while FF does the total opposite. 

(inb4 some triggered silver defends how good FairFight is, while they get farmed in FC xDDD)

Jokerbot

Jokerbot

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 24-July 14

http://forums.gamers...e/#entry4457938 (Here's an FF vs BE thread if anyone is interested)

Too OP, I really agree that Battleye can work so much better with APB. I never really liked the idea of having a server-sided anti-cheat that goes on gathered "statistics" rather than hard evidence. 

And the fact that if you ever get banned by BE, I believe you have to reach out to BE support rather than G1 support. I honestly think FF should be replaced and removed already since it's already done enough false positives (inb4 some silver comes in and white knights FairFight lmao what a joke xD). I believe that once BE gets into place, APB will become a lot better with keeping legits in and cheaters out, while FF does the total opposite. 

(inb4 some triggered silver defends how good FairFight is, while they get farmed in FC xDDD)

Silvers asked for threat segregation because of "gold hackers", you know what happened.

Silvers asked for FairFight because of "closets", you know what happened.

Silvers asking for "better anticheat" again, you know what gonna happen.

Now go figure out who ruined APB  :Hmm:

FreeSnubnose

FreeSnubnose

Initiate

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 14-March 17

so...
Skay is saying that FF does not falseban because it's "manual"... sure thing mate, as long as it doesn't affect you it's "110%" right.

just be open minded for once and imagine that there actually are falsepositives caused by manual FF... what would you say if you'd find out it is true?

(scenario: you got banned and you are not a cheater)

I'd really like to hear your mindset on that. what would you think and what would you do if you get ignored by support because they are so convinced of their anticheat and don't even bother with your case.

UubeNubeh DaWog

UubeNubeh DaWog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1831 posts
  • Joined 19-August 12

Silvers asked for threat segregation because of "gold hackers", you know what happened.

Silvers asked for FairFight because of "closets", you know what happened.

Silvers asking for "better anticheat" again, you know what gonna happen.

Now go figure out who ruined APB  :Hmm:

Hello everyone asked for a better anti cheat because PB is litterally worse than a 2 year old picking out cheaters.

So if you want to blame someone, everyone is to blame.

"Hard evidence" Is the same concept as PB, how well did that work out?

To date PB has had more false positives than FF. These false positives only came around after FF was mildy automated because the community asked for it. Communities fault for making bad decisions.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog, 16 March 2017 - 10:51 PM.

How am I suppose to play the game when the game doesn't even work??????????????

APB servers are the most stable servers in the world. They never go above 33ms.

APB:Reloaded: Without a crosshair

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

"Hard evidence" Is the same concept as PB, how well did that work out?

To date PB has had more false positives than FF. These false positives only came around after FF was mildy automated because the community asked for it. Communities fault for making bad decisions.

OwO

2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users