29 replies to this topic

☯ノんԾア乇

☯ノんԾア乇

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts
  • Joined 30-May 12

I think that it may have been already introduced but i wanted to see what were the opinions about it since I've never really encountered any subject of the sort or rarely.

Basically 

San Paro City Investigator would be a volunteer program that could be introduced.

Short resume :

Those that have proven capable of recording with an adequate quality while being on probation in the Open Test World as they are spectating a specific player for a certain duration..can be invited to join the volunteer program. 

The volunteer program will be another branch that as nothing to be related to SPCT or SPCM..completely another section unrevealed to the others unless you are a G1 Staff / Game Manager.

Each servers will have their sections and the first topics that would be pinned would be the players that were flagged, second could be a template of how to report adequately as a SPCI. 

As said shortly above the only functions of the San Paro City Investigator is to 

1. Spectate a player that was flagged & highlight/record with the program that the person was specified to record with.

2. After report to the adequate section with the appropriate template the specified player. 

Opinions?

Thoughts?

1 - SixxstagesofMajik, on 15 Mar 2017 - 8:50 PM

Spoiler

2 - Allie, on 16 Mar 2017 - 08:41 AM

Spoiler

Share them all & be constructive.

Why am i introducing this..because it seems like there is a lack of attention directed towards mostly one of the major portion of this game.

This would only be used as a counter-measure against cheating.

Regards

-Madonnna <3

Edited by ☯ノんԾア乇, 16 March 2017 - 06:46 AM.

. . .

Infectonator

Infectonator

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Joined 31-July 11

At this point I believe that this game and foruns are run by a single bot that will probably ignore this thread.

HJhQqha.jpg
Reborn from hell

WaterLemons

WaterLemons

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Joined 08-June 14

I think this would be a good addition but only given to capable people.

None of those hackusate everybody above gold 5 players, you know somebody that can tell a blatant aimlock from good tracking.

Edited by WaterLemons, 15 March 2017 - 03:24 PM.

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

No.

Kiida

Kiida

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts
  • Joined 23-April 13

Are SPCT and SPCM even active anymore? I sure as hell know the stream team hasn't been for like a year now.

Edited by Kiida, 15 March 2017 - 03:24 PM.

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

i assume this is like a volunteer "cheater patrol" ?

in that case i could see them ending up like the spct where g1 doesnt even pay attention

_|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

just get aoscmp to be SPCI then your good

Zolerox

Zolerox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2215 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

Are SPCT and SPCM even active anymore? I sure as hell know the stream team hasn't been for like a year now.

Most active SPCM i know is TomBass and he plays on han (see him like once every 6 months)

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Most active SPCM i know is TomBass and he plays on han (see him like once every 6 months)

Well you gotta do something to pass away the time while the MMORPG you are playing is on mainteance...

Edited by Snake Eyes, 15 March 2017 - 04:01 PM.

If you are still reading forum posts it means you never actually left. There is still a little piece of nostalgia for this game in your heart that will hardly die. Sad thing is that this game probably wont get better, but we can hope. Either way, you are still here, you still care, and we need you.

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

On a serious post, this would basically be like Overwatch for CS:GO. Despite it being a volunteer program, G1 should be really picky on who they should let in the program and keeping the players who hackusates baby silvers away from it. Too be eligible, players should at least have a excellent understanding of the game mechanics and be somewhat decent at the game (Knowing how to use the mouse if the first thing xD)

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7139 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

It's not the worst idea, but IDK if it would really work at all.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

UubeNubeh DaWog

UubeNubeh DaWog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1934 posts
  • Joined 19-August 12

It's not the worst idea, but IDK if it would really work at all.

if the servers didnt run at 15fps. Makes it difficult to spectate anything.

And it could work if people were only allowed to flag blatent cheaters because a lot of people cant identify anything other than blatent.

If its blatents, sure. Having blatents getting banned by people means they have to hide their cheats from people before figuring out what ff's limits are.

Anything other than that should be left to an objective system because anyone else who can identify anything more complex than blatent snapping / instant triggerbots has cheats themselves and/or cant be trusted enough. Mainly because at this point everyone has been involved with someone whos cheated and people couldnt tell they were.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog, 15 March 2017 - 04:35 PM.

I'm actually done with this mess. Just make me a forum mod so we can have SOMEONE with some competence around here.

アリア

アリア

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Joined 27-October 14
Who would be capable of this?

Ray taylor?

cnHtW4P.jpg

☯ノんԾア乇

☯ノんԾア乇

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts
  • Joined 30-May 12

There are limits to what someone can be spectating of valuable. Any how if its being worth something it can be kept aside. Their superiors could filter what is worth their attention without their opinions because after all they aren't having the last word. Those who wouldn't be carrying on with enough valuable evidences would be immediately removed from the volunteer program.

That's what i would suggest. 

. . .

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4535 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15
  • It would not give players names but rather numbers eg report #4545
  • When "investigating" does not specify district,faction nor players names while doing so
  • People doing investigating are also anon so they can not use chat nor play/be seen

Reason for above is to not have biased results based on personal view

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9728 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

i think that whoever would be in charge or whom been selected to investigate would either be called out for being corrupt or not doing his job right

sort of cynical on my part, but i honestly don't believe anyone would trust anyone but themselves or at least someone they are close to.

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

☯ノんԾア乇

☯ノんԾア乇

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts
  • Joined 30-May 12

Thank you it was added to the first post. 

Really constructive

. . .

TheHidden-Tember

TheHidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9070 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

Your idea is good for punishing harrassers and general bad behavior,

but you can't use it to find cheaters. Video evidence can only find blatant aimbot shawcopters, aything else will fall in the domain of "wow this guy looks highly suspicious. BAN"

However, the people in charge need to start acknowleding that the report function can be used for something ELSE than cheaters.

I usually play epicmafia, and that site has a GREAT moderating system: https://epicmafia.com/lobby

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined 31-August 13
It could work, just not with this community

As a deity once said: "You're not a criminal if nobody finds out"

SKay

SKay

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1215 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

Your idea is good for punishing harrassers and general bad behavior,

but you can't use it to find cheaters. Video evidence can only find blatant aimbot shawcopters, aything else will fall in the domain of "wow this guy looks highly suspicious. BAN"

However, the people in charge need to start acknowleding that the report function can be used for something ELSE than cheaters.

I usually play epicmafia, and that site has a GREAT moderating system: https://epicmafia.com/lobby

It can't unless the backend system is updated to understand what the player is reporting, and is a FairFight function only. Trying to force it to do something it was never really designed to do wouldn't be good.

Now a report function for general in game disruption (such as griefing etc.), while a good idea, is somewhat already there (F1) and working.

Also this whole SPCI idea is a complete kangaroo court bound by train tracks to ram into the "this isn't a good idea" station. Chiefly because it'd be a volunteer program, and it'd be abused to the highest hell. You'd be giving too much credit to people if you thought otherwise. If people would go out of their way to undermine others even in volunteer programs in this game, think what would happen if a player was given the power to decide who is a cheater and who isn't; I'll tell you what will happen, people who tell their buddies that x is a suspected cheater and will believe their friend because friendship > trust in the system. Thus a false ban ensues, and many more besides. You say anonymization would work; for this game it just wouldn't. This isn't CS:GO Overwatch; the final decision should absolutely be held by someone from G1 who can be held for their actions if maliciousness can be seen.

If it were changed to be employee only, then you come full circle because that's essentially what GM's do anyway, so the idea pretty much is a catch 22.

7nEgYyJ.jpg

Characters : Union - SKay (Crim) OfficerSK (Enforcer) Citadel - SKayCrim (Crim) SKayENF (Enforcer)

If you have a question about APB, it's weapons, cars, mods and LeBoyce, PM me! I am an SPCM!

u8YLaPP.png

noob 1v1 me pls ;D

TheHidden-Tember

TheHidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9070 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

people who tell their buddies that x is a suspected cheater and will believe their friend because friendship > trust in the system. Thus a false ban ensues, and many more besides.

Oh another thing that has been on my mind since this game started to exist.

Why is a BAN the only thing people think of when pubishing bad behavior? How about suspension? Or server kicks? You know, TEMPORARY stuff.

I mean in APB the most inane things can get you banned, and then you have a massive amount of players calling "why did I get banned for this small thing while cheaters are still rampant and NOT being banned"

IMO if we makea  mod program (volunteer or not) their primary power tools should be server kicks and suspension.

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

SKay

SKay

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1215 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

Why is a BAN the only thing people think of when pubishing bad behavior? How about suspension? Or server kicks? You know, TEMPORARY stuff.

Because they never worked. They do temp bans when it's deemed sensible to do so, when it'd be clear that the person would learn from their mistakes, yet that's few and far between. People generally don't give a toss, until their account is tossed with a 10008. For example: I knew a person who kept bragging that he got week and two week bans for ages up until he got a perm ban, then started whinging that he wasn't given enough chances.

That's just the unfortunate way the bans work currently.

Edited by SKay, 16 March 2017 - 02:58 AM.

7nEgYyJ.jpg

Characters : Union - SKay (Crim) OfficerSK (Enforcer) Citadel - SKayCrim (Crim) SKayENF (Enforcer)

If you have a question about APB, it's weapons, cars, mods and LeBoyce, PM me! I am an SPCM!

u8YLaPP.png

noob 1v1 me pls ;D

Anaiis

Anaiis

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 27-December 14

SKayCrim is quite active on Citadel (and sometimes on NA too), around every few weeks, sometimes even every few days. :)

Edited by Anaiis, 16 March 2017 - 02:55 AM.

Gneffer

Gneffer

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Joined 30-April 15

Pretty much Overwatch from CS:GO

I don't know how to forum                        icon_shotgun_csg_gold.pngicon_pistol_act44_gm_gold.pngcriminal_gold_200.png   icon_sniperrifle_hvr243_gold.png75ez1Gw.png                                   Obeya | Gneffer996ad6a2ebf1.png

Allie

Allie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • Joined 19-February 13

Quoted Madonnna:

Spoiler

Good day,

I support this, but since its a volunteer program, the addition of anonymousness for the players must be a thing to prevent bias or blackmailing.

• All players must have the default player model to avoid distinguishing features character wise.
  • All players ranks and threats must be hidden. Exception to faction which may be shown because of objectives and/or faction specific weapons.
  • All players must not be shown with their IGN. Suspect must just be called suspect, other players must be called player0 -> player1 -> player2 -> (...)
  • Symbols, clan names and other distinguishing features must be hidden.
  • Player owned vehicles must be shown with the black loading texture.
  • Weapon skins will stick to default - if possible
  • Group status however should be shown, as a possibility presents that the group uses a third party voice program.

With the elimination of bias, it can be prevented that the flagged suspect will get penalized for non-cheating related things. The work of regulating cosmetics: sexual content, bad behavior in chat or whispers, threats, grieving/harassing, scamming, et-cetera is work for moderators and G1 support and shouldn't be left to volunteers. A volunteer of the proposed program should solely focus on the gameplay of the suspect, and possibly the players in the match of the suspect, to present a verdict of whether the suspect is using cheats.

Another thing I'd like to shortly touch on is the fact that it should require multiple verdicts from multiple volunteers, to get a percentage on the suspect, a probability. In the end a moderator will be able to ban the players with a high probability, and manually scan those with a medium probability. If probability of the chance a player is cheating is low, the moderator will not have to look at the suspect's case.

All in all, anonymousness is a key part in these programs.

Edited by Allie, 16 March 2017 - 04:41 AM.

icon_shotgun_nfas.pngicon_rifle_oscar.png9iWYS3B.png?1P4D7AON.png?1icon_assaultrifle_vespatactical.pngicon_assaultrifle_star_pink.pngicon_sniperrifle_hvr243_purple.pngicon_smg_oca_sd_whisper_purple.png766n0yM.png?1BhcVPGY.png?1vmqgGpC.png?1icon_rifle_obeyabattlerifle_bipod_gold.picon_lightmachinegun_ssw_gold.pngicon_sniperrifle_ncr762_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa-jb_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa_gold.pnghywy7is.png?1X8z09bb.png?1icon_pistol_colbyclassic.pngicon_pistol_snubnose_pink.pngicon_ltl_tazer.pngicon_pistol_nano_gold.pngyev6KIJ.png?1icon_grenade_ltl.png9H0r7U1.pngfnmod_character_blowtorch.png

Citadel (EU)                                                                  

Futaku q2aboCp.png?1 *******(old) XACMtje.png?1  xAllie 03bCAtj.png?1  | Valentines 2017: Permanent cherubs.icon_reward_vinyl.png fnmod_weapon_4roundburst.png fnmod_character_hardlanding.png

☯ノんԾア乇

☯ノんԾア乇

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts
  • Joined 30-May 12

It can't unless the backend system is updated to understand what the player is reporting, and is a FairFight function only. Trying to force it to do something it was never really designed to do wouldn't be good.

Now a report function for general in game disruption (such as griefing etc.), while a good idea, is somewhat already there (F1) and working.

Also this whole SPCI idea is a complete kangaroo court bound by train tracks to ram into the "this isn't a good idea" station. Chiefly because it'd be a volunteer program, and it'd be abused to the highest hell. You'd be giving too much credit to people if you thought otherwise. If people would go out of their way to undermine others even in volunteer programs in this game, think what would happen if a player was given the power to decide who is a cheater and who isn't; I'll tell you what will happen, people who tell their buddies that x is a suspected cheater and will believe their friend because friendship > trust in the system. Thus a false ban ensues, and many more besides. You say anonymization would work; for this game it just wouldn't. This isn't CS:GO Overwatch; the final decision should absolutely be held by someone from G1 who can be held for their actions if maliciousness can be seen.

If it were changed to be employee only, then you come full circle because that's essentially what GM's do anyway, so the idea pretty much is a catch 22.

I never said that the SPCI would be having the last decision.

They aren't having any credit ; they are just given the authorization to transmit some video footage that some certainly don't take the time to report.

It happens sometimes rarely and sometimes occasionally that a certain player caught the most precious time frame of something that went wrong with one of his opponent and after further analysis he tho that it would have been precious to capture it but he wasn't able to..that is where the volunteer program comes in. 

Quoted Madonnna:

Spoiler

Good day,

I support this, but since its a volunteer program, the addition of anonymousness for the players must be a thing to prevent bias or blackmailing.

• All players must have the default player model to avoid distinguishing features character wise.
  • All players ranks and threats must be hidden. Exception to faction which may be shown because of objectives and/or faction specific weapons.
  • All players must not be shown with their IGN. Suspect must just be called suspect, other players must be called player0 -> player1 -> player2 -> (...)
  • Symbols, clan names and other distinguishing features must be hidden.
  • Player owned vehicles must be shown with the black loading texture.
  • Weapon skins will stick to default - if possible
  • Group status however should be shown, as a possibility presents that the group uses a third party voice program.

With the elimination of bias, it can be prevented that the flagged suspect will get penalized for non-cheating related things. The work of regulating cosmetics: sexual content, bad behavior in chat or whispers, threats, grieving/harassing, scamming, et-cetera is work for moderators and G1 support and shouldn't be left to volunteers. A volunteer of the proposed program should solely focus on the gameplay of the suspect, and possibly the players in the match of the suspect, to present a verdict of whether the suspect is using cheats.

Another thing I'd like to shortly touch on is the fact that it should require multiple verdicts from multiple volunteers, to get a percentage on the suspect, a probability. In the end a moderator will be able to ban the players with a high probability, and manually scan those with a medium probability. If probability of the chance a player is cheating is low, the moderator will not have to look at the suspect's case.

All in all, anonymousness is a key part in these programs.

Thank you for your time. I will add this right ahead to the first post.

Cheers!

. . .

SKay

SKay

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1215 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

I never said that the SPCI would be having the last decision.

They aren't having any credit ; they are just given the authorization to transmit some video footage that some certainly don't take the time to report.

It happens sometimes rarely and sometimes occasionally that a certain player caught the most precious time frame of something that went wrong with one of his opponent and after further analysis he tho that it would have been precious to capture it but he wasn't able to..that is where the volunteer program comes in.

See the problem with that is usually support does not accept video footage unless it's blatant, if you want a viable "SPCI", they would have to nearly be given the same tools as GM's to view /reports (which are data and demo-like Source features wrapped in one) but that of course would have to be trained, quarantined and maintained by staff to monitor these sets of people, which may or may not be worth it. The game has various visual discrepancies as it is, you really would need something like that to get the best out of the system.

But also you have to make sure /report still has a function; it does quite a lot of the work you'd want the SPCI to carry out such as capturing data and demo-like Source features as said before (basically where it captures the networking data so it can replay bits of action or whole segments to the person viewing said demo and is similar to how CSGO Overwatch operates, but by GM's).

7nEgYyJ.jpg

u8YLaPP.png

noob 1v1 me pls ;D

master shake

master shake

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 28-November 16

just get aoscmp to be SPCI then your good

LOOO

WOOOOO

WHAT A WILD RIDE

Edited by master shake, 16 March 2017 - 07:19 AM.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7139 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Oh another thing that has been on my mind since this game started to exist.

I mean in APB the most inane things can get you banned, and then you have a massive amount of players calling "why did I get banned for this small thing while cheaters are still rampant and NOT being banned"

IMO if we makea  mod program (volunteer or not) their primary power tools should be server kicks and suspension.

How about we don't have anything besides griefing and cheating moderated.

tyvm.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

Zolerox

Zolerox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2215 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

SKayCrim is quite active on Citadel (and sometimes on NA too), around every few weeks, sometimes even every few days. :)

Well i only play on han (thats a lie)

I remember a red name joined han to throw a quick event when we were having server issues about a few months ago.

Spoiler

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users