78 replies to this topic

JudgeAnderson

JudgeAnderson

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Joined 01-November 11
Hi everyone, I would like to get peoples opinions about crims looting on empty servers. I have lately become a little obsessed with witness farming crims doing the behaviour even for $100. The highset haul I had was form a N5 afk crim that had $20k+ lol.

They seem to have a sense of entitlement to this 'free' money and that I am the one doing something wrong. I personally want to burn all of them as hard as I can these days, and take the I AM THE LAW approach, but what does the community think of this crim behaviour?

Edited by JudgeAnderson, 11 March 2017 - 04:29 PM.

SKay

SKay

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

Perfectly fine crim behaviour, they're getting money using in game mechanics provided to them to use.

The person really having the sense of any entitlement really here is you, because you prejudice against someone just trying to make some cash without really doing anything malicious or harmful to the game... at all.

Not saying that you don't have a right to witness and arrest; you don't have a right to be entitled over it. On either side.

Posted Image

Characters : Union - SKay (Crim) OfficerSK (Enforcer) Citadel - SKayCrim (Crim) SKayENF (Enforcer)

If you have a question about APB, it's weapons, cars, mods and LeBoyce, PM me! I am an SPCM!

Posted Image

noob 1v1 me pls ;D

InnerPieces

InnerPieces

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13
I think it's perfect. It gives Enforcers more of a chance to crack down on such behavior... maybe a little LTL. It's trickier on a full server trying to scrutinize everyone who passed by. There is a better chance of spotting them if most people you see are criminals being criminals.

I mean, they're called criminals for a reason, right?

Randomplayers

Randomplayers

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 04-March 17

Burn them all OP. I do the exact same thing. i got a 50k haul because some noob had like 28k on him. he raged so much. His tears of salt made my ingame night tbh. They wanna steal? Good theyre using game mechanics to earn cash. But then again so are we. KEEL THEM OP

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1780 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

How dare you witness someone just trying to make an honest living. HOW DARE YOU.

But seriously. I find it hilarious when some nubbie crims get super salty about me witnessing them as if it is their right to have free money with  zero risk.

Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Joined 03-May 12

Nothing wrong with with what you're doing. Go ahead and witness them. This is a normal part of the game. I love to troll crims who ram-raid. I stalk them silently, and when their van is almost full (civilian van), I run up to them and steal their van. Their reaction is always to shoot me. Sometimes they'll cuss at me in district chat. It's awesome. 

Be a good girl. Take your pills. 

senua

senua

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts
  • Joined 08-June 15

i used to witness them, but not kill them/take their stuff.

SamK

SamK

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Joined 18-August 14

To me it's hilarious when you go on and there are gold high levels farming hundreds of thousands.

They get so much more angry at you than noobs with the same bounty, as if you're the pleasant fellow for using a fun game mechanic.

for the lulz

Enforcer   |   Jericho   |   Fake gold   |   I've discovered that I'm bad. :ninjalook:

ShaiShai

ShaiShai

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Joined 11-December 11

Nothing wrong with with what you're doing. Go ahead and witness them. This is a normal part of the game. I love to troll crims who ram-raid. I stalk them silently, and when their van is almost full (civilian van), I run up to them and steal their van. Their reaction is always to shoot me. Sometimes they'll cuss at me in district chat. It's awesome. 

i had this happen to me once, and after that, i never ram raided in a civ car ever again, i saved enough to get my van (which is only 15k) and then just kept an eye out for enfs that would join

Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Joined 03-May 12

i had this happen to me once, and after that, i never ram raided in a civ car ever again, i saved enough to get my van (which is only 15k) and then just kept an eye out for enfs that would join

Jericho server? It might have been me lol Unlikely, but yeah, use a van that belongs to you. Less headaches,

Edited by Harley Quinn, 11 March 2017 - 06:44 PM.

Be a good girl. Take your pills. 

ShaiShai

ShaiShai

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Joined 11-December 11

Jericho server? It might have been me lol Unlikely, but yeah, use a van that belongs to you. Less headaches,

was joker at the time, it was when i had the first toon Shai Shai, im on version 2.0 as i deleted the first toon out of rage from the cheaters in this game, a decision i still regret today

JudgeAnderson

JudgeAnderson

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Joined 01-November 11
Yeah it is fun to start unloading thier van faster than they can load it or blow it up as they are collecting lots or drive off in it Hahahaha or just tip it over. All fun options

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

I dont support witnessing players who are farming money in or LTL weapons. I do not need those things to make factions unique, and if you added them to both factions it wouldnt really matter since you would be ruining the story that pretty much no one cares about. Clothes to seperate us and and some unique mission parts for now are enough, since we wont see any improvement or new modes for APB anyways that could immerse you more into being a criminal or enforcer.

First thing, about LTL weapons, they are enforcer only as we already know. People would say switch to enforcers to play them, but that would give you extra weapons and people playing on crim still wont have it, its still unfair, its just that you are on the lucky side of coin now. My point is, one side (enfos) will always be more powerful in the match since they have access to unique LTL weaponry, and its not fair since crims dont have access to it, you wont be able to play LTL vs LTL matches or "giving someone taste of their own medicine" which players often use to measure their skill and counter guns in missions. Also you wont be able to play against enforcer exclusive clans, people who play only one faction (i play only crim, and there are some players i really hate and would love to kill them with LTL).

LTL weapons are supposed to be a reason for people to join enforcers, but they wouldn't be there if crims didn't have ramming. Another unfair thing about these is massive cheese combos with these weapons, perc + stabba, PIG is pretty much a shotgun pistol that is harder to use, stun OPGL... And why do even silenced nano and perc deal stun damage.

Since enfos have LTL weapons, crims have ramming. BUT, ramming isnt a thing you would do in a middle of match, ramming isnt a weapon you can use in a mission to kill someone, ramming is even dangerous because you can lose all the money to one cheap enfo trick in a second. Ramming is just a way of earning money, which can be transfered to your other character (although there is a tax). Although people claim that this game isnt competitive, people made their rules and what is considered honorable and what not, and its obvious that LTL are giving enforcers more weapons to play with.

But in ramming, people are merciless here, enfos rush in with parties, car bombs, percs, smgs, and if you are witnessed, you are most likely not going to escape. Also it is alot, ALOT harder to play under pressure that you can lose the money you farmed for hour(s), and you will be very, very mad and disappointed if you do. For enforcers it will only take a minute or two to get this money from witnessing, and 5 minutes or less to scout the whole map in search of farmers. It is ironic, because game portrays criminals as stealing money, but it is actually players who play as enforcers that are literally stealing, yes, you are literally stealing money someone spent hours to earn. And this is supposed to be some kind of high risk, high reward system, which is i guess somewhat, just somewhat fine compared to other games, BUT

Think for a moment which players are actually ramming? It is those people who cant afford to get guns and newbies who are trying to understand how the game is working. People who are trying to get money for legendaries so they can scale up to others' gear in missions. People who get few days of premium from event and spend their time ramming whole day trying to get some money. When i joined almost 3 years ago i remember taking 10 premium + kraken code, and farming really really hard those days. I managed to earn around a million and get items which kept me playing, otherwise i would quit. You will rarely see a player who has armas items and weapons trying to ram in order to earn money. They can easily get it from RMT and sending gifts, or for some who dont mind spending money or gamblers via JMBs, and premium gives you steady earnings from missions and fight club anyways...

Edited by Snake Eyes, 11 March 2017 - 08:10 PM.

If you are still reading forum posts it means you never actually left. There is still a little piece of nostalgia for this game in your heart that will hardly die. Sad thing is that this game probably wont get better, but we can hope. Either way, you are still here, you still care, and we need you.

GTBSG. Loner. Loser. Spammer. You wont see me much around here anymore, i dont enjoy the game now even when winning, maybe its time to move on... I hate 90% of APB playerbase, but im toxic player, so we are good.

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1780 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

Yes, because having access to weapons that are objectively worse is superior. /s 

wat

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Yes, because having access to weapons that are objectively worse is superior. /s 

wat

Objectively...sure..what about cheap perc combos, and stabba having super long range and no recoil. More hits you take its harder to fight back and run away. Downside to stabba is that smoke from the gun for me is very hard to see through unless you can remove it, but i dont use things like advanced launcher so i wouldnt know. You can also keep stunning person with LTL guns and not arrest him, which can completely mess up 1v1 missions even more than they are already.

There are few more things that are somewhat objective in this game, but they are more or less offered to both factions. Good example are bricks.

If you are still reading forum posts it means you never actually left. There is still a little piece of nostalgia for this game in your heart that will hardly die. Sad thing is that this game probably wont get better, but we can hope. Either way, you are still here, you still care, and we need you.

GTBSG. Loner. Loser. Spammer. You wont see me much around here anymore, i dont enjoy the game now even when winning, maybe its time to move on... I hate 90% of APB playerbase, but im toxic player, so we are good.

MrTesla

MrTesla

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11

How dare you witness someone just trying to make an honest living. HOW DARE YOU.

But seriously. I find it hilarious when some nubbie crims get super salty about me witnessing them as if it is their right to have free money with  zero risk.

The problem is that ramraiding is really tedious. So of course they get salty when they've spent 30-60 minutes slogging items around only for someone who just joined the district to blow them up with an OSMAW and deliver their loot before they can even respawn and fight back. It's the digital equivalent of someone coming along and kicking over your sandcastle. It's not that you can't do it, but it's just a dickish move. Though the problem mainly stems from how the ramraiding/ witness mechanics work.

Enforcers: MrTesla (Jericho)
Criminals: CheshireCat (Jericho)

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1780 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

The problem is that ramraiding is really tedious. So of course they get salty when they've spent 30-60 minutes slogging items around only for someone who just joined the district to blow them up with an OSMAW and deliver their loot before they can even respawn and fight back. It's the digital equivalent of someone coming along and kicking over your sandcastle. It's not that you can't do it, but it's just a dickish move. Though the problem mainly stems from how the ramraiding/ witness mechanics work.

So you would rather have crims just be able to ram raid for hours and hours stacking up tons of money with zero risk?

MrTesla

MrTesla

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11

So you would rather have crims just be able to ram raid for hours and hours stacking up tons of money with zero risk?

No, I'd rather it be reworked so there's still risk without it being such a chore. Tedious grinding as an option is fine. High risk, high reward options are fine. But tedious high risk, meh reward is just pointless and frustrating.

Enforcers: MrTesla (Jericho)
Criminals: CheshireCat (Jericho)

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

It's the digital equivalent of someone coming along and kicking over your sandcastle. It's not that you can't do it, but it's just a dickish move.

Except that people who kick over those sandcastles make money off of it. Its alot worse knowing your money would be taken by someone you dont like, rather than it simple disappearing. But that is what it was made for.

There are survival games like Rust where items on servers are relatively useless, servers will get restarted few times a month, everything started from scratch, and stealing works there and its fun since its easy to get stuff and can be stolen back.

You expect to be safe in APB, that your items wont get stolen, and that you progress through levels and earn money steadily. However these rules dont apply to ramming, i see them as pvp/battlegrounds modes with prestige/points in MMORPGs where players earn points by killing each other, and killer receives all points from the player he killed. Except in APB it isnt doublesided, one side has nothing to lose. So this mode takes away your safety.

I know its poor comparison, but i tried to say that the problems of it is that these things are too tedious, just like you did, money is lost way too fast, there could be more stages, and more protection for crims (lets say 10 second protection after they are wtinessed or something like that, of course there are alot of things to count in here, like them being close to drop off) and they lack any risk at enforcer end.

Crims could earn extra money for escaping enforcers, but issue here would be that it can be abused. Also dropoff places should change every 10 minutes or so, so enforcers cant camp on them.

At least it boosts pop at night hours..

Edited by Snake Eyes, 12 March 2017 - 05:13 AM.

Garbo

Garbo

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Joined 30-January 17
If you are broke too, then it seems fair.
If you are just bored and enjoy picking on people, then you are an arsehole.
Only you know the truth.

Bambola

Bambola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1884 posts
  • Joined 20-November 13

Crims should be able to farm wherever and whenever they want same as Enfos have the right to witness them. Both mechanics are perfectly fine, however going to empty district just to ruin someone's hard work for personal satisfaction is kinda low (if we talk about newbies, of course), but okay that's the matter of ethical relativism.

sig.jpg

~Living in a world of smart phones and stupid people~

Thehidden-Tember

Thehidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8894 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

Farming money should actually be made easier, with better bonuses. This way we would actually see more ramraiding happening on actual populated districts. 

Also remember: as a cop your job is to steal the crim's hour-long work in the span of a few minutes.

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

Gro

Gro

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

Burn em. Game mechanics for enforcers is to force criminal scum to suffer. Don't like being law abiding citizen? Too bad, here are some cuffs for you.

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2798 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Crime doesn't pay... don't do the crime if you can't do the time... all criminals are b@stards...

Those are the things that go through my mind, when I nitro-brawl over scores and scores of innocent pedestrians in my enforcer Fresno, on my way to fight the rancid criminal elements of San Paro!!

Will-Ferall-America-In-The-Other-Guys.gi

> Part-time perc'er <> Permanent casual <> Fresno detonator <

AsgerLund - Citadel <> Clan lumberjack - Midgard Inc.

Fenton

Fenton

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Joined 18-November 12

This comes up time and again. They use game mechanics to make some money, you can use the same to take it off them. I don't see a problem.

When I raid on my crim, I am prepared for someone to try and take it. It adds the the fun, IMHO.

MartisLTU

MartisLTU

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Joined 26-April 13

lel.. see no problem. You can join into this empty farm dist and hunt them with your enfo.

evil+that+does+not+sleep.gif

Edited by MartisLTU, 12 March 2017 - 02:24 AM.

Holiness

Holiness

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 21-February 17

This way we would actually see more ramraiding happening on actual populated districts. 

Which is a bad idea as time on waiting on a mission and mm itself is horrible.

Edited by Holiness, 12 March 2017 - 05:59 AM.

Used to be Krimz / Blonde

OneSmile

OneSmile

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 24-August 15

I remember last time a cop tried to arrest me, he rq'ed because I rekt him with my good ol' Whisper

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4002 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

The problem is crims have to grind mindless tasks for quite a while to get the money while an enforcer can get all the money they've earned in like 30 seconds. People like to complain that its harder for enforcers to farm money, but its actually much much easier. You don't even have to do anything other than join a ram raiding district, figure out which contact they are using to drop which if they know what they are doing will not be hard because some have better drop offs than others, camp it and ambush them for an easy kill, and then drop off the money before they respawn and can catch up to you.

Edit: I even had someone once who managed to time their low yield so that it blew on my face right when they witnessed me and then HVRed me instantly and I had no chance to catch up after that. They were camping the roof across from the south contact in waterfront and hid so I couldn't see them while driving up too. While I was dropping stuff off I just instantly died. If they are going to let enforcers take your money they should at least make it a fair fight, but if they kill you right off the bat and go straight for the drop you have basically no chance.

Edited by Chrispe, 12 March 2017 - 08:26 AM.

BloodyViolet- Joker Crim Chrispe- Joker Enforcer
War Games

Fenton

Fenton

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Joined 18-November 12

The problem is crims have to grind mindless tasks for quite a while to get the money while an enforcer can get all the money they've earned in like 30 seconds...

*snip*

The witness and ram-raid mechanics are in need of review, certainly. There is a lot of discussion to be had on time vs money as well as suggested alternatives.

The current system can be abused - As a lone enforcer I've been ROFL-stomped by pre-prepared criminal teams and as a crim I've been hounded out of districts by enforcers that just didn't give up.

The problem however, is that it appears no reasonable or balanced alternative is under discussion by G1 and the development team (I assume it's not just one very stressed person).

Yukate

Yukate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13

i used to witness them, but not kill them/take their stuff.

That is the true Enforcer.
You've got my respect sir, other enfos, may learn from you

BPaUWGC.png
Citadel EU | Obeya EU1 - 
VarmieN [Crime] | Yukate [Enfo]

Helping newbies... Some1 need :> kappa

Tw1ZtiD

Tw1ZtiD

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Joined 04-May 12
OP sounds like a ddiicckkhheeaadd..
Its no wonder you get burned... you get out what you put in i guess...

icon_assaultrifle_cr5_gold.pngicon_pistol_nano_sd_gold.pngicon_rifle_jokercarbine.pngicon_pistol_colbyclassic.png
           patriotvegasg20.png

Shimmer

Shimmer

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Hi everyone, I would like to get peoples opinions about crims looting on empty servers. I have lately become a little obsessed with witness farming crims doing the behaviour even for $100. The highset haul I had was form a N5 afk crim that had $20k+ lol.

They seem to have a sense of entitlement to this 'free' money and that I am the one doing something wrong. I personally want to burn all of them as hard as I can these days, and take the I AM THE LAW approach, but what does the community think of this crim behaviour?

First, grats on your 20k witness.  MY highest was 46k and the guy was SUPER mad.  When I am on my crim, I constantly watch the district pop.  When I see a cop come into district I just hide until he leaves.  I raid until prestige 5 then deliver for the most cash you can get.  (like 80k) 

Dont feel bad. Thats how it was intended.  They are entitled to robbing, and YOU are entitled to witness them.  

APB%202015-02-01%2001-40-02-14_zps7aoicp

Luciette

Luciette

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Joined 19-April 13

witness missions are sort of broken tho

i hate hit and run missions, nothing to do whether you are a crim or enforcer, the missions is just garbage

not to mention how worthless they are, not worth the slightest effort

foxhoundsx

foxhoundsx

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 17-October 15

dont trust anyone who is N5 who mugging and steal some player money

kill the N5 before kill you

you know what a snitch!!! will get stitches

THAT MEAN you CRIMS YOU SNITCH YOUR DEAD M8!!!

JudgeAnderson

JudgeAnderson

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Joined 01-November 11

If you are broke too, then it seems fair.
If you are just bored and enjoy picking on people, then you are an arsehole.
Only you know the truth.

Lol so after being an arse hole and picking on people because I have money, I then buy a legendary with all my money and then when I witness further people that makes it ok from there on?? Lol k.

JudgeAnderson

JudgeAnderson

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Joined 01-November 11
I get gosh darned off that there are empty servers to loot in the first place. If the game was populated as it should, you wouldnt be able to do free looting in the first place. You would have to take care and launder money often. If you don't do that because you are on an 'empty server' I think that is your fault and my good fortune for putting in the effort to check for lazy crims that won't play missions. They can do missions for cash and rank up so they can use better mods. I have seen no decent argument of why I shouldn't witress these fools. Lol. Dumb enough to get caught? They get wise soon so I may be doing them a service.

I AM THE LAW lol

Edited by JudgeAnderson, 13 March 2017 - 12:02 AM.

Thehidden-Tember

Thehidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8894 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

I get gosh darned off that there are empty servers to loot in the first place. If the game was populated as it should, you wouldnt be able to do free looting in the first place.

Actually, if [condition applies to prevent exploiting], then the exploiters would find other means of making free money.

I will actually release a video this week presenting all the weirdest ways of making money.

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

xSagittiSx

xSagittiSx

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined 27-March 14

Crims rage when you witness them because they have to spend hours getting that money and then comes an enf, presses one button and in 5 minutes all those hours get completely wiped. Making all that time a complete waste of time. Everyone whould rage if few hours of their life whould be taken away from them in an instant. 

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4038 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13
Always have a back up when commiting regular criminal activities, that is something people should learn. Their buds don't have to be close, wondering the map is fine, but should help in need.
On the other hand enforcers should be punnished in some way if failed to confiscate the loot.

yv7Wtyf.jpg

Dennis Tahdella  Bridgette  Word2  Jenz Kempington  Tamara Gryazneva

[ APB The Movie: the cast suggestions ] [ Strange requests and 8bit sprites ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users