Photo

Next year, the new engine will be as old as the original engine when it was time to upgrade

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

OniShema

OniShema

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4451 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

Judging by Xbox APB and how poorly game is optimized since 2013 .... I hope we will never see this engine update. Why ? because i doubt that game will work smooth and better after this update, i bet if we will get engine update ppl. who need advanced launcher right now, wont be able to play at all and ppl. who don't have i7 intel or just playing on mini settings wont be able to play without advanced launcher.

You think it's better to play video games with an i7? If you do other things with the i7 that requires it, I understand but if you're getting an i7 just for gaming, something's wrong here.

The link in my signature should help enlighten you. The game will run better than it does now because it can utilize modern cpu & gpu's, APB's engine as of right now doesn't even go past 1 thread for processing and will run better if you isolate oc your first core, let alone the fact for the memory leak not being able to do the simple task of removing someones custom data from your memory when they log off or leave the district, it's not Reloadeds fault nor could they predict the future of the game and it's mommy engine.

I may not be playing the game cause I'm overseas but damn it's "great" to see people post like this.

Edited by OniShema, 13 March 2017 - 11:47 PM.

CRIMINAL-MadalenaKurtz      Jericho-NA       Clan:  Joker Rejects

I didn't leave the game, I'm just working.   Best way to explain Reloaded "not doing anything"

76561198007436876.png

P0rkup1mP

P0rkup1mP

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15
To the OP, it's not a matter of copy/paste, but rather decipher, optimise and reimplement every function of the game into a new engine with a modular coding approach.

If you read the rest of the blogs you'll find more information on the current situation, one such fact being that the staff head count is less than or about a tenth of what it on was.

The only hacker-free game is one that does not exist.

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1404 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

You think it's better to play video games with an i7? If you do other things with the i7 that requires it, I understand but if you're getting an i7 just for gaming, something's wrong here.

The link in my signature should help enlighten you. The game will run better than it does now because it can utilize modern cpu & gpu's, APB's engine as of right now doesn't even go past 1 thread for processing and will run better if you isolate oc your first core, let alone the fact for the memory leak not being able to do the simple task of removing someones custom data from your memory when they log off or leave the district, it's not Reloadeds fault nor could they predict the future of the game and it's mommy engine.

I may not be playing the game cause I'm overseas but damn it's "great" to see people post like this.

If everything you said was true, the Xbox release wouldn't be dropping below 20fps constantly and stuttering every minute.

If you do not overclock the i7's are better since most of them come with the highest clock speed stock, and since you claim APB runs on 1 thread that means you want the highest clock speed you can get. Besides, APB runs more than 1 thread. On my Phenom II x6 I would often have 60% total CPU utilization, and on my X5690 I see at least 2 threads maxed at any given moment.

The memory leaks are because Reloaded (originally RTW) didn't properly implement the code to cleanup unused assets, leaving the built in garbage collection to do all the work.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Darkzero3802

Darkzero3802

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1260 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14

Judging by Xbox APB and how poorly game is optimized since 2013 .... I hope we will never see this engine update. Why ? because i doubt that game will work smooth and better after this update, i bet if we will get engine update ppl. who need advanced launcher right now, wont be able to play at all and ppl. who don't have i7 intel or just playing on mini settings wont be able to play without advanced launcher.

Ding ding ding somebody gets it

76561198036519162.png

2015-110.jpg

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8596 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Ding ding ding somebody gets it

( O_o)'

(o_O'')

_( o_o)/ hey, wait me!

Spoiler

BingoBookBG

BingoBookBG

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Joined 25-October 12

probably in 2018 ps5 and xbox 2 so yea maybe is late

TheMessiah - Enforcer 255 - Citadel              youtube.com/c/MartinTheMessiah

Abramusas

Abramusas

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 18-August 14

You need time to eat dem donuts and make reskins of weapons lel

Guyse is ok. APB engin upgrad 2014 Q1. Wi veri gud. Oh end dont wury guyse evriting in Armas weel bi aveilible trugh progressun.

Btw, downgrade NHVR's magazine to 1 or 2 bullets in a magazine and then reload. It's a heavy sniper afterall.

OniShema

OniShema

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4451 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

If everything you said was true, the Xbox release wouldn't be dropping below 20fps constantly and stuttering every minute.

If you do not overclock the i7's are better since most of them come with the highest clock speed stock, and since you claim APB runs on 1 thread that means you want the highest clock speed you can get. Besides, APB runs more than 1 thread. On my Phenom II x6 I would often have 60% total CPU utilization, and on my X5690 I see at least 2 threads maxed at any given moment.

The memory leaks are because Reloaded (originally RTW) didn't properly implement the code to cleanup unused assets, leaving the built in garbage collection to do all the work.

My roommate plays it on Xbox One and doesn't have the stutters or low frame rate, the game doesn't look god like but it still looks eye blinding with all the irregular bloom.

Jfc, can't believe I said thread instead of core, so used to thinking of the jokes I used to make this game thinks it needs to run it's self like Quake and amusingly ignore the gpu.

Yeah, most of what's wrong is cause of RTW, those bean bag chairs and paid vacations were really important to them.

CRIMINAL-MadalenaKurtz      Jericho-NA       Clan:  Joker Rejects

I didn't leave the game, I'm just working.   Best way to explain Reloaded "not doing anything"

76561198007436876.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users