Photo

Next year, the new engine will be as old as the original engine when it was time to upgrade

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

poochyena

poochyena

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

original engine is from 2008. It is upgrading to the 2013 engine, a 5 year difference. Next year, the 2013 engine will be 5 years old. By the time they finally upgrade, the new engine will be as old as the original engine when it was time to upgrade. How does it take 5 years to copy/paste code? They ARE still working on it, right?

Engine Upgrade

The engine update is proceeding along at a brisk pace, with no significant delays being introduced. Thus, it is still on track to be completed early next year.

http://apbreloaded.g...ick-update.html (2013)

Jericho server, rank 255 gold criminal, sniper/alig/ACES

Everybody loves poochyena

Check out my etsy store!

greenfield

greenfield

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1281 posts
  • Joined 18-March 12

then they will update it, oh wait.. 

Vir Tristis

Vir Tristis

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1324 posts
  • Joined 23-April 14
I think there's just a LITTLE MORE to it than copy and paste.

3753642644_5e3f6c9524_o.jpg

Benny Benassi

Benny Benassi

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 25-November 16

Just be patient and keep playing. Thats what the ***gots still say especially the dude that only has a chest as profile picture. They should have  just make the game again from scrap tbh and use the old textures of APB.

Edited by Benny Benassi, 08 March 2017 - 07:55 PM.

????

????

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined 20-December 16
At this point a game company could reproduce a game from scratch with the same concept as APB..

JudgeAnderson

JudgeAnderson

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Joined 01-November 11

At this point a game company could reproduce a game from scratch with the same concept as APB..

I don't think they would want to adopt a challenging community like us lol. They don't need programmers, they would need disability support workers.

:^)

:^)

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3766 posts
  • Joined 07-February 15

faoOD0C.png

Edited by :^), 08 March 2017 - 09:59 PM.

Ia8NHrf.png

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2820 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Just be patient and keep playing. Thats what the ***gots still say especially the dude that only has a chest as profile picture. They should have just make the game again from scrap tbh and use the old textures of APB.

Suck my fuzzy nipples, homes ;)

> Part-time perc'er <> Permanent casual <> Fresno detonator <

AsgerLund - Citadel <> Clan lumberjack - Midgard Inc.

NatTurner

NatTurner

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Joined 16-January 13
This post made my day.

Someones always gotta complain about something

Welcome to the APB forums.

ExoticZqt

ExoticZqt

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 01-June 16

They are planning to release the PS4 version of APB before getting the Engine Upgrade over to the PC version.

All we can do is just to be patient.

Edited by ExoticZqt, 08 March 2017 - 11:10 PM.

Bambola

Bambola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1899 posts
  • Joined 20-November 13

Well that's not essentially a bad thing, we will have a good reason to stick around more and wait for yet another engine upgrade and complain on forums. 

Edited by Bambola, 08 March 2017 - 11:11 PM.

sig.jpg

~Living in a world of smart phones and stupid people~

AxelVomAldebaran

AxelVomAldebaran

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

there are so many good games and you retards still waiting for this crap ...

"Wer weiß das (außer mir) ... wieder keiner!"

"Ich liebe Katastrophen"

"Manche Menschen haben den IQ einer Dillgurke"

Esther

Esther

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4257 posts
  • Joined 21-May 11

That's actually true, so they will get ready for the new engine overhaul in 2018 till 2023. Meanwhile I hope the community keeps spending money on Armas Marketplace, it's worth!

WngO77I.png  You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else. - Albert Einstein  | 

izLYWoA.png    Clan Progression | Haircuts and haircut colors | New mission typest70C8a9.png  

▒▒▒

▒▒▒

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1168 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

theres really not tho

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

PoshDoll

PoshDoll

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2507 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

inb4 they announce they've stopped working on the 2013 engine to work on the newer engine and g1 whiteknights finally give up their cloaks & swords and move on with their lives.

such a dream.

Much madness is divinest sense to a discerning eye; much sense - the starkest Madness. `Tis the Majority. In this, as All, prevail. Assent - and you are sane. Demur - you`re straightaway dangerous and handled with a Chain.
PSN: skitsolite

Spoiler

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2820 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

inb4 they announce they've stopped working on the 2013 engine to work on the newer engine and g1 whiteknights finally give up their cloaks & swords and move on with their lives.

such a dream.

Which lives?

PoshDoll

PoshDoll

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2507 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

Which lives?

savage dude

btw can't post gifs anymore? what a shame.

Edited by PoshDoll, 09 March 2017 - 01:16 AM.

Much madness is divinest sense to a discerning eye; much sense - the starkest Madness. `Tis the Majority. In this, as All, prevail. Assent - and you are sane. Demur - you`re straightaway dangerous and handled with a Chain.

Spoiler

NatTurner

NatTurner

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Joined 16-January 13

Which lives?

APB is life

Someones always gotta complain about something

Welcome to the APB forums.

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2820 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

savage dude

btw can't post gifs anymore? what a shame.

giphy.gif

I can't include a gif in every single post I make. The back-seat moderators will be on my neck immediately.... and besides, it undermines my personal authority and the gravity of my well thought out arguments.

Thehidden-Tember

Thehidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8907 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

How does it take 5 years to copy/paste code?

As a coder myself I can confirm that copy-pasting code from an old architecture to a new one actually introduces more bugs than if you had just rewritten everything yourself. Which is probably what the very small dev team is actually doing.

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

Yukate

Yukate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1125 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13
I'm fine with current APB textures, the only few things I care is more content (for free players also), performance and properly working anti-cheat

BPaUWGC.png
Citadel EU | Obeya EU1 - 
VarmieN [Crime] | Yukate [Enfo]

Helping newbies... Some1 need :> kappa

❤ MonaSux ❤

❤ MonaSux ❤

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2822 posts
  • Joined 20-October 11

This make me cry hard.

..:..MonaSux..:..

criminal_green_250.png

.:. Threat Level Never Show Your Skill .:.

StunStick

StunStick

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined 25-January 12

As a coder myself I can confirm that copy-pasting code from an old architecture to a new one actually introduces more bugs than if you had just rewritten everything yourself. Which is probably what the very small dev team is actually doing.

Not to mention that this game is ALOT more complicated then people seem to think.

Has anyone ever played ARK: Survival Evolved? During character creation in that game, one can move sliders, similar to APB, and change the width and height of many body parts. However, one thing that APB doesn't do is cause odd distortion when the sliders are changed. ARK does.
This isn't just luck, APB had to be very well thought out in order to ensure a lack of distortion. Now add this same system to nearly every single piece of clothing, and on top of that add a layering system to the clothing. The clothing underneath has to be scaled to fit under the clothing above without clipping. NOW add decals on top of everything and make sure THEY don't get distorted.
All of this is fine and dandy, but now make sure that the changes don't mess with animations. Now optimise that whole mess, and make it understandable in the future.

Just because a game is old doesn't mean it isn't complicated.

Tigrix

Tigrix

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Joined 20-August 14

But thats the plan all along... when "new" engine finally comes, it'll be right about the time they can announce next engine upgrade and keep us sucking the feminine feature' of APB for another 5 years! ;) 

https://www.youtube....h?v=STpXy7gXzC4

Being online doesn't mean you're suddenly not responsible for who you are. Embarrassing, threatening, harassing, attacking and insulting - based on gender, race, nationality or simple difference of opinion? ...This shows who you are as a person, sitting behind the monitor. You think nobody will care? Think again.

The age of Cancer is over. The dawn of Justice has come.

PoshDoll

PoshDoll

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2507 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

giphy.gif

I can't include a gif in every single post I make. The back-seat moderators will be on my neck immediately.... and besides, it undermines my personal authority and the gravity of my well thought out arguments.

rKzfXA3.gif

you got me with the final part of your comment tho. felt a light breeze of epiphany pass by my cheeks. face cheeks.

Spoiler

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2820 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

-gif-

you got me with the final part of your comment tho. felt a light breeze of epiphany pass by my cheeks. face cheeks.

I bet you - if I hadn't included a Benny Hill gif in that comment, some people would have actually believed that last part...

Spoiler

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3867 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Just be patient and keep playing. Thats what the ***gots still say especially the dude that only has a chest as profile picture. They should have  just make the game again from scrap tbh and use the old textures of APB.

That would take MUCH longer than upgrading to a newer engine.

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

Nessie

Nessie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2132 posts
  • Joined 04-September 13

To be honest, just forget the whole Engine Upgrade thing. It's like for the Early Access scam, you should buy a game not because of its promises, but for what it can offer already.

The EU won't change anything about APB. Play it while you still can, you never know how bad it will get in future. If you don't like it already, well... Why are you wasting time around here?

Edited by Nessie, 09 March 2017 - 11:44 AM.

Give me a Cookie <3

Gneffer

Gneffer

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Joined 30-April 15

-snipsnap-

We get it that it's complicated, they can atleast tell us whats their progress and status, i'm sure community would appreciate even little dip of info

I don't know how to forum                        icon_shotgun_csg_gold.pngicon_pistol_act44_gm_gold.pngcriminal_gold_200.png   icon_sniperrifle_hvr243_gold.png75ez1Gw.png                                                   Obeya | Gneffer996ad6a2ebf1.png

Resine

Resine

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Joined 09-April 13

In my understanding the engine was going according to a plan, but the fuzzy bunnyes got greedy at some point wanting to release the game on the consoles.

It gosh darned us completely. because the enclosure states that the consoles got priority over PC for marketing reasons most likely.

The time to complete such a task is obviously much longer, not to mention that after Xbox's joke, Sony ain't giving green light for APB considering how mommyty and unplayable it is.

I would really love to see the actual amount of online people on the consoles to laugh in your faces G1 because of how much you sacrificed to make this crap.

Ether

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9425 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

what a twist

though i am not sure you know how upgrading works

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngxm0gXBtA.pngx9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Vir Tristis

Vir Tristis

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1324 posts
  • Joined 23-April 14

But you're still here?
So, what does that tell you?

3753642644_5e3f6c9524_o.jpg

KNickz

KNickz

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3160 posts
  • Joined 10-February 14

last time i checked 7-3 isnt five 

and poocheyna does evolve into houndoom

Its funny too because they've never quite replaced me. They just keep recycling my work 8)

APB Reloaded, the only game where the US is better than EU at being criminals.

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1423 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13
e=mc vagin a

t r a   n s i   l v a   n i  a  n c   u n t   h u n   g e r

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

I bet you - if I hadn't included a Benny Hill gif in that comment, some people would have actually believed that last part...

Spoiler

I regret clicking that spoilerthingy.. My eyes were not prepared.

But it's the best possible gif to describe this thread.

Tw1ZtiD

Tw1ZtiD

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Joined 04-May 12

Gamersfirst dont give a flying hoot about the game the player base especially beta vets or the hackers lol im still yet to see this automatic kick first warning crap... come back yesterday first time in months only to find golds in bronze hacking.. lol one of the matches it was an entire team of 3 hacking.. all from the same clan all BR's.. so its more then clear G1 turn their back and drag their feet on everything except what makes them money... but they do games for gamers.. they put gamers first like it said in the declaration when you sign up for an account.. but they took that down before they even went live in 2012.. wonder why they did that aye...

Edited by Tw1ZtiD, 13 March 2017 - 02:20 AM.

icon_assaultrifle_cr5_gold.pngicon_pistol_nano_sd_gold.pngicon_rifle_jokercarbine.pngicon_pistol_colbyclassic.png
           patriotvegasg20.png

Darkzero3802

Darkzero3802

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1161 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14

They are planning to release the PS4 version of APB before getting the Engine Upgrade over to the PC version.

All we can do is just to be patient.

Being patient since Q1 2013

76561198036519162.png

2015-110.jpg

OniShema

OniShema

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4418 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

>How does it take 5 years to copy/paste code?

qEjdkVI.jpg

CRIMINAL-MadalenaKurtz      Jericho-NA       Clan:  Joker Rejects

I didn't leave the game, I'm just working.   Best way to explain Reloaded "not doing anything"

76561198007436876.png

MartisLTU

MartisLTU

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Joined 26-April 13

Judging by Xbox APB and how poorly game is optimized since 2013 .... I hope we will never see this engine update. Why ? because i doubt that game will work smooth and better after this update, i bet if we will get engine update ppl. who need advanced launcher right now, wont be able to play at all and ppl. who don't have i7 intel or just playing on mini settings wont be able to play without advanced launcher.

Edited by MartisLTU, 13 March 2017 - 03:06 AM.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8364 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

3qVTz1fvynyI8.gif

we want all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users