7 replies to this topic

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7063 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Summary: The Anubis had a bug introduced well over a year ago, and it was never fixed:
http://forums.gamers...print-mechanic/

Description: Back when the HVR was being nerfed in 2015 the HVR received a nerf that made it take longer to achieving full accuracy in marksmanship from running or sprinting, but somehow this accidentally got applied to the Anubis as well. To be clear, it was confirmed that it was indeed a bug that the Anubis got this nerf. RP claimed to have fixed this glitch, but intentionally only reduced it, claiming that it had to stay there for balance reasons. It's hard to believe that RP actually believed this was a balance issue as they weren't aware of this bug when balancing the gun, and the gun was tied for worst sniper rifle before the patch (and still is tied for worst, albeit it's tied with a different gun.) The gun has gone on like this for a year and shortly after the nerf you stopped seeing Anubises ever, as in I've never seen one since. Virtually everyone who used the Anubis regularly will agree that the slight accuracy buff and range buff were far outweighed by the nerf to Marksmanship Mode (though I was the only person I know of who actually mained the Anubis before the bug):
http://forums.gamers...676-the-anubis/
http://forums.gamers...nd-anubis-nerf/

If it is OP with the bug fixed as the team claimed revert all of the changes to the Anubis, because the gun was fine before the patch and is simply unusable now: APB is a game based on niches, and the Anubis is now a gun without a niche due to the removal of its role as a mobile sniper rifle. This is not a bug that should have been ignored in the first place, but due to the fact that the people handling it clearly didn't understand the consequences, and it's obscure enough of a gun that they figured it didn't matter, RP has refused to fix it despite the fact that they were aware of it. Note that the N-ISSR-B has the same (or better) aiming speed after sprinting that the Anubis used to have and has a better TTK and now has the same range as the Anubis. This is clearly a bug, there's no denying it, and the fact that it wasn't fully removed could only have been due to not considering the variables correctly.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Equip the Anubis.

2. Realize that RP lied about fixing the issue and made the gun terrible.

3. Cry because it used to be such an fun gun but now has no redeeming qualities.

How many times have you recreated this bug: 2 out of 2 times that RP acknowledged the bug.

Results: The gun being worse than before it was "buffed" because RP refused to fix a bug for "balance reasons."

Expected Results: The bug actually being fixed.

*EDIT* as an added note, this isn't technically a bug, but you seem to have made the center-dot of the crosshair more transparent, making it very difficult to see, which makes it difficult to aim as the huge white things that surround the red dot don't actually help you aim (while I like them, they really aren't helpful.)

*EDIT2* as an additional bonus bug report that I might make a full thread on later if this gets fixed, the Anubis is one of the few guns in the game that can have negative spread, which seems to affect its hit regulation. This is especially noticeable with CJ3 or HB3.

Edited by Kewlin, 08 March 2017 - 05:08 PM.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

Zolerox

Zolerox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2133 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

Bug Report

Summary: Not Enough Bug reports are being Read and Fixed in their Entirety

Description: Bug report after bug report are being either read briefly not read at all or in general hasent been fixed or simply roll back all the changes to its default state.

Steps To Reproduce:

1. Read any bug report

2. Notice how many of them are unsolved or dont even have a response

3. Sit down and cry and know that Anubis used to be a useful sniper without being op and now is broken.

How many times have you recreated this bug: Every day since they nerfed anubis (making it a challenge to get kills with the anubis)

Results: realize they made a item they used to make profit from even worse and the fact they are loseing money doesnt effect them.

Expected Results: They realize not even buffing the Anubis but just revert to its default sate would advertise its existence (80% of my friends list dident know Anubis was even a sniper) and they care about the money if they fixed the broken gun that doesn't sell anymore

Venting complete.

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7063 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12
~snip~

IKR? The thing I find particularly infuriating about this one though is that they acknowledged it and chose not to fix it.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15032 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11
Might aswell adjust the crosshair and fix it's strange accuracy curve while going max fire rate.

N9pGkYM.png

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7063 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Might aswell adjust the crosshair and fix it's strange accuracy curve while going max fire rate.

I think I'm the only person who liked the original Anubis crosshair, and I'd prefer they made two versions of the NCR, but at this point I realize that's not going to happen, so if we could get a different crosshair, especially with a center-dot and rangefinder, I guess it'd be alright.

. . . as for the accuracy curve. . . my gosh. It wasn't the worst idea in theory, but I swear going into negative spread causes the gun to not register shots on PCs (for some reason it still registers shots on living city characters though, and I'm not just speaking in jest, I've actually done tests and you can unload the rest of your magazine after going into negative bloom on a player and you'll often land no hits.) I'm not the only one to have experienced this, right? Or am I the only person who was dumb enough to use the NCR much after the nerf. XD

APBNew2.jpg

Zolerox

Zolerox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2133 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

-alot,of.text.-

Sad fact is the only reason i ever use it again is Because its nearly impossible to get kill streaks with it I just feel like Hazardous is better at range then Anubis after Nerf.

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

notHunky

notHunky

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 13-July 11

Why does such a good looking weapon model have to perform so badly. All they had to do was probably just change a lines of code to fix the the weapon. Is it really that difficult?!

Edited by notHunky, 10 March 2017 - 06:51 PM.

Zolerox

Zolerox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2133 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

Why does such a good looking weapon model have to perform so badly. All they had to do was probably just change a lines of code to fix the the weapon. Is it really that difficult?!

Motive.

no money 

no care.

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users