Photo

Can a Change petition help Fallen Earth be bought by better devs?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Samright4

Samright4

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 12-December 14

I've played FE for the past 3 years now, and I really don't want to see FE be shut down or "die". This game has great potential, the Lore, Factions, and a vast world for exploration. 

Fallen Earth NEEDS to be taken from another company that will actually help and grow FE more into a better game. Now with APB feeding "Gamersfirst", they don't give a damn about the FE Community (I know about the recent Black Screen issue). Regarding with the Black Screen issue which happened yesterday (February 22nd on 2017) is a huge shame due to the fact that this game doesn't even get positive impact updates or updates AT ALL and for an issue like that to happen is insane. And again with APB being "Gamersfirst" massive piggy bank filled with riches they turn a blind eye to Fallen Earth and the community.

So my question is, can a Change.org petition maybe help Fallen Earth? If so, please say as to what company can help and see if you guys wanna sign it. Also, I want to hear all of your opinions, if "Gamersfirst" doesn't somehow remove this.

P.S: At least let FE be playable.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

FE is playable, it's just not supported. :troll_face:

Good luck tho, G1 owns FE... and Iron Foot Studios I think still has development rights. Either way, both are just as guilty for this game's current state, but the fact IFS hasn't done anything since 3.2 besides remove their newly active developer and some silly changes...

• Double dome token rewards, Tier 3 Tokens still have tier 2 materials for AP augmentation and Tier 2 has tier 3 materials... #logic
  • Clan Banner weight increased to 10kg, rather than simply blocking placement near progress towns/cloners/buildings.

I don't even need to go into Outpost being incomplete just like  all of Alpha, Foothills, and simply a common issue of "Alright that's done, let's move onto the next project without looking back.".

FE's content takes a nosedive after 45 because quality was not the focus.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Sad part is... they had a testing team up until 3.2 but they wanted to rush every update despite known issues long before they hit live.

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Mutarenebula

Mutarenebula

Conscript

• Wasteland Engineer - Hazmat
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 08-September 11

This game belongs to someone. It isn't free software. SO if you are serious, get a lawyer and contact them legally about buying everything.  Otherwise..why ask?

Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off.

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

While we can talk about what's right or wrong with Fallen Earth the complaints or suggestions fall on deaf ears. This energy would be better put to use on the community itself, organising in-game events, connecting with other players, helping each other, setting goals and encouraging people to tryout Fallen Earth or return to it.

Though updates with new content and fixes help a game tremendously, what is equally important is an active community and by active I mean organised, connected, sociable community where players can easily interact with one another and do things. The defense towns were great for this i.e Progress Town, Stronghold, Citadel and even Outpost; It was a place for people to hangout, chat, craft, ponder about what to do in-game whether it be achievement hunting, PvP to capture some areas to harvest for resources, serendipity drops, leveling chars or crafting, Bloodsports, Dome, changing build, making outfits or just doing missions.

Be enthusiastic, be active, be helpful and reach out to other players within the community.

Edited by Calais, 24 February 2017 - 03:19 PM.

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7720 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

While we can talk about what's right or wrong with Fallen Earth the complaints or suggestions fall on deaf ears. This energy would be better put to use on the community itself, organising in-game events, connecting with other players, helping each other, setting goals and encouraging people to tryout Fallen Earth or return to it.

Though updates with new content and fixes help a game tremendously, what is equally important is an active community and by active I mean organised, connected, sociable community where players can easily interact with one another and do things. The defense towns were great for this i.e Progress Town, Stronghold, Citadel and even Outpost; It was a place for people to hangout, chat, craft, ponder about what to do in-game whether it be achievement hunting, PvP to capture some areas to harvest for resources, serendipity drops, leveling chars or crafting, Bloodsports, Dome, changing build, making outfits or just doing missions.

Be enthusiastic, be active, be helpful and reach out to other players within the community.

I can't say I can "organize" events I feel are worthwhile...

• There is zero PVE content, besides Outpost, that is worth investing into. Even then, cooldowns for such events tend to be extremely long and the rewards are not the same across the board.

• Harvesters are nice, but at any given time a group of rerolling scumbags can kill off newer players removing any incentive for them to want to even consider entering a PVP zone again.
    • Granted there's maybe a dozen at best that reroll and bot, but still depressing that these kids need to ruin it for everyone regardless of affiliation. If the pricks simply bot against us, it wouldn't really harm the community because they tend to lose anyways.
  • I just sit here giving build advice and information... I literally cannot bring myself to log in when there's no PVP and when there is PVP it's the same rerolls that will only stay for one fight.

I'll help where I can, as I have been, but beyond that if someone asks me honestly... I wouldn't recommend this game if you can't handle it's current state. Because it isn't being worked on and it sure as hell has no future plans for development.

Hit me up with a PM if you maybe want peeps trained or they need information regarding mechanics/builds.

Edited by Reaps989, 25 February 2017 - 08:31 AM.

Posted Image

GameOverMan

GameOverMan

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 01-March 17

2013 was last FB post.  2011 was last twitter post.   GamerFirst doesnt exist anymore.  Just 1 or 2 people to restart servers, nothing more.

ECM

ECM

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11

The lack of in-game events, and generally, people to play with, is what caused me to drift away.

Without developed in-game content, it falls to the players, and it is awfully hard to develop meaningful in-game content as a player. Lots of great ideas, but execution is a challenge.

StubbyClaps

StubbyClaps

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11

I dont see G1 ever releasing the content needed for player ran servers, even if Fallen Earth gets shut down. We havent had a gm/dev/server ran event since 2015 iirc and content updates stopping earlier so the servers wont be left open for much longer I believe. Even if G1 allows a player ran server, there just isnt enough players to support it. One dude would end up running it and have like 10 people show up in a week. 

All this Loaf, Rainbow Stalin

Heavehoe, Royal Pink Master

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users