5 replies to this topic

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3763 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

I do and it can be frustrating or just plain confusing sometimes.  I just found these on my computer at work and figured I'd post them.  I made them a long time ago so please excuse the memes.  If you have any funny stories or screenshots of working a support job then please share!

TxLjku7.jpg

ew5zVXy.png

MikeSweet

MikeSweet

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 19-December 13

If I did I would go all stabby stabby on dumb dumbs.

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1397 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

I get the most confusion from other people who I work with. The help (usless) desk does no troubleshooting and only leaves a cube number or a first name. They can't even follow basic directions on adding a device to the wireless.

My own boss comes running to my desk screaming "The entire office is down!" when 1 person cannot access their network drive. He also tells his troubleshooting steps completely out of order. Oh, the other day he walks up to me at the end of the day saying an office has been down for 3 days and that I need to get to it early the next morning, without copying me on a single email from the last 3 days.

Sort related, my boss has a fear of cable management arms and labels. He rather have all the cables on the back of the server rack hanging randomly. He still gives me grief for installing arms on these 2 servers, even though they made it possible to slide the server out and replace a failed part without needing to take it offline.

Edited by MrHappyPenguin, 22 February 2017 - 06:10 PM.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4078 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13
Good to know, next time, when I'll complain about something on eBay, I will ask for Brandon. :)
As for your question, no, and I would not dare. My patience is low, and just explaing people we DO NOT accept food tickets makes my blood boil.

yv7Wtyf.jpg

Dennis Tahdella  Bridgette  Word2  Jenz Kempington  Tamara Gryazneva

[ APB The Movie: the cast suggestions ] [ Strange requests and 8bit sprites ]

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6968 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

Good to know, next time, when I'll complain about something on eBay, I will ask for Brandon. :)
As for your question, no, and I would not dare. My patience is low, and just explaing people we DO NOT accept food tickets makes my blood boil.

Yeah, I hate it when I have to explain simple things over and over and over and over again. 

I would hate my life if I ended up in a job doing that. :P

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9502 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

you fool, you should have contacted me

we'd have invaded his home land at night time while his defenses were off

same here

but my patience is the polar opposite, i could sit there days and years explaining, while thirsty for some morning cocacola drink and some nice 6AM radio background music

tho i imagine it would be super repetitive and that would be a huge downer for me, i easily get depressed over being bored

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngxm0gXBtA.pngx9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

-[ Art thing Thread ]-

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users