126 replies to this topic

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2131 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13

The issue is, the original idea was to update and re write the game as it was. Then they decided to partner with quick silver and re code the game for x box and playstaion, and with that they were under obligation to release those BEFORE the PC version. 

Now sony is not accepting the game. We have to wait for sony to accept before we get progression on the PC side. So we just get boned 15 different ways while theres a huge lack of communication. 

FOr a company called gamers first they sure do a piss pore job taking care of the gamers. 

Drink up. Shoot in. Let the beatings begin. Distributor of pain. Your loss becomes my gain. Anger. Misery. You’ll suffer unto me. Harvester of sorrow. Language of the mad. Harvester of sorrow. All have said their prayers. Invade their nightmares.
To see into my eyes. You’ll find where murder lies.

e963b_metallica_loo.png

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3709 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

The issue is, the original idea was to update and re write the game as it was. Then they decided to partner with quick silver and re code the game for x box and playstaion, and with that they were under obligation to release those BEFORE the PC version. 

Now sony is not accepting the game. We have to wait for sony to accept before we get progression on the PC side. So we just get boned 15 different ways while theres a huge lack of communication. 

FOr a company called gamers first they sure do a piss pore job taking care of the gamers. 

Quick Silver.  G1 is dealing with board sports now.  Jk, anyway....

Tiggs confirmed about two weeks ago that the game has been accepted and she just had a meeting with Sony last week to discuss the release date.  The reason this whole problem started was because the studio that Deep Silver assigned to do the console port (The Workshop) failed so hard that they were removed from the project and G1 had to take on all the work that the other studio was supposed to do... Doing something they had no experience with.

If The Workshop hadn't f*cked up so badly we would probably already have the engine upgrade because G1 wouldn't have had to spend a year or two making a broken port.  Tiggs didn't even like the decision to release a console version, but she didn't have a say in the matter at the time.

SanityFlex

SanityFlex

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Joined 20-January 12

Quick Silver.  G1 is dealing with board sports now.  Jk, anyway....

Tiggs confirmed about two weeks ago that the game has been accepted and she just had a meeting with Sony last week to discuss the release date.  The reason this whole problem started was because the studio that Deep Silver assigned to do the console port (The Workshop) failed so hard that they were removed from the project and G1 had to take on all the work that the other studio was supposed to do... Doing something they had no experience with.

If The Workshop hadn't f*cked up so badly we would probably already have the engine upgrade because G1 wouldn't have had to spend a year or two making a broken port.  Tiggs didn't even like the decision to release a console version, but she didn't have a say in the matter at the time.

This is the type of s**t i wish she would spam on the forums, i've never seen her say any of this.

Votekick System For APB          Add A Legendary Grenade          Mod ideas          Easy VIP Mission Fix          Add Forfeit System

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2131 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13

Quick silver deep silver, i knew it was something silver. Ya even that would have been nice to know. I thought they were still under NDA from deep silver. Why the hell arent they talking if they arent under NDA anymore? 

Drink up. Shoot in. Let the beatings begin. Distributor of pain. Your loss becomes my gain. Anger. Misery. You’ll suffer unto me. Harvester of sorrow. Language of the mad. Harvester of sorrow. All have said their prayers. Invade their nightmares.

e963b_metallica_loo.png

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3709 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Quick silver deep silver, i knew it was something silver. Ya even that would have been nice to know. I thought they were still under NDA from deep silver. Why the hell arent they talking if they arent under NDA anymore? 

lol I know, just messin with ya.  I imagine some things are still not allowed to be talked about, like company relations and fine details and stuff.  But now that the game is released on a console they're able to share MORE info than they could before it was released.  That first part is just an assumption,  But what they've said is that they haven't been updating us with info because they've been working on the console port, for which there isn't anything that hasn't been covered yet.  Judging from what I've played of the Xbox version, the console versions probably won't have all these fancy optimization techniques that the PC EU will have that were mentioned in this blog post.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 21 February 2017 - 11:39 AM.

notMateo

notMateo

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1547 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

didn't tiggs already say there wasn't really anything to say, and that we're just waiting on sony news?

christ almighty, people need to just chill out. neediest community i've ever seen tbh

[ IGN:  bruhTeo, formerly Jaier ] - [ Jericho NA / Jolby ]

You catch more bees with honey than vinegar: http://puu.sh/lq8t2/d2d5547e21.jpg

My 'Name and Praise' thread! Please contribute to it!

Infinito

Infinito

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1053 posts
  • Joined 23-February 12

didn't tiggs already say there wasn't really anything to say, and that we're just waiting on sony news?

christ almighty, people need to just chill out. neediest community i've ever seen tbh

She's the community manager, how can there be nothing to say? Like I said; if there isn't news, make it. Show teasers, update with details regarding the long wait time, allow developers to show us some detailed dev voodo again etc..

Don't forget this community has been waiting since 2014 for an engine upgrade, and even longer for contacts. ofcourse people are going to act like this. If it was only the need, I'd already have stopped playing for ages. It's the way many people, including myself love this game

Edit: Proactive and reactive. I'm just leaving these two words here. See if you can figure out a few situations what go wrong.

Edited by Infinito, 21 February 2017 - 12:39 PM.

DwGBVYM.jpg

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2131 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13

We have been waiting 3 years. In That 3 years we have had to get information from other sources, rely on the limited info they have given us, or none, beg for info and be meet with silence, and over all be kept in the dark. Coming from a company called gamers first that promised us so much communication we would get sick of it, sure were needy. Needy for them to keep there promises and communicate with there community. Needy for them to finally show they give a crap about the players that are still here clinging to a thread of hope. 

e963b_metallica_loo.png

Yukate

Yukate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1125 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13
Instead of news we got PayPal rebate.
Nice
Jkjk
Couple of weeks. Hmmm

Edited by Yukate, 21 February 2017 - 01:37 PM.

BPaUWGC.png
Citadel EU | Obeya EU1 - 
VarmieN [Crime] | Yukate [Enfo]

Helping newbies... Some1 need :> kappa

notMateo

notMateo

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1547 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

She's the community manager, how can there be nothing to say? Like I said; if there isn't news, make it. Show teasers, update with details regarding the long wait time, allow developers to show us some detailed dev voodo again etc..

Don't forget this community has been waiting since 2014 for an engine upgrade, and even longer for contacts. ofcourse people are going to act like this. If it was only the need, I'd already have stopped playing for ages. It's the way many people, including myself love this game

Edit: Proactive and reactive. I'm just leaving these two words here. See if you can figure out a few situations what go wrong.

We have been waiting 3 years. In That 3 years we have had to get information from other sources, rely on the limited info they have given us, or none, beg for info and be meet with silence, and over all be kept in the dark. Coming from a company called gamers first that promised us so much communication we would get sick of it, sure were needy. Needy for them to keep there promises and communicate with there community. Needy for them to finally show they give a crap about the players that are still here clinging to a thread of hope. 

i've gotten rreaaalllyyy tired with dispelling the same uninformed comments over and over
so instead imagine a potato dancing and just live with that

[ IGN:  bruhTeo, formerly Jaier ] - [ Jericho NA / Jolby ]

You catch more bees with honey than vinegar: http://puu.sh/lq8t2/d2d5547e21.jpg

My 'Name and Praise' thread! Please contribute to it!

digitaldeath

digitaldeath

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 11-February 17

I agree with this 100%. She needs to do more than post sales on the forums. She has been communicating here and there, but not to the general public. She needs to be making full announcements and letting people know that G1 still exists. Like you said, if there is no news, make some news; I like that.

Akito

Akito

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 17-April 16

At what point can we realistically say, "They could have just started from scratch and made an entirely new version or sequel by now."?

I really feel like if they had decided to do that a long time ago, we'd be further along than we are now? Maybe they don't even have the manpower to do such a thing - I don't know much about their company and what they're able to do over there.

Or is that what the new engine is? Did they scrap everything for this or continue to try and rework the old code? I don't know much about coding or the details of what they're doing. Not even entirely sure what an engine is, lol.

The game will (theoritcally) be release on PS4 and after that the engine upgrade will happen for the PC platform. (The PS4 already has the new engine implemented so only the PC players will be the ones that have to deal with the engine upgrade). 

Making a new version of the game would've taken them more effort with their team population than the engine upgrade. (Games that are made from scrap are WAAAAY harder to make and take more time and manpower to push out due to aspects of the game being made straight from the ground up) So the most logical thing to do is to port the already existing game to another more better engine in order to make it easier not only to code for the the game but to add features and or items (Armas stuff or just new weapons or mods...hell even new maps even...).

imo I dont think they scrapped the idea of re-creating the game, But I doubt that it was their highest priority since like I said before, making the game from ground up was tedious to begin with (Remember RTW shut down? yeah...). Keep in mind that they have a low population team. With that said you can expect that the game would be struggling due to a limited amount of people to work on the game (henceforth why the engine upgrade or even the console releases has dragged on till now). 

Im also quoting Kempington when he said "The only reason why they are upgrading the engine for APB is because the engine being used as of now is not optimized for consoles, therefore G1 needed to upgrade the engine in order to have a working port for the consoles. So the only reason why the engine upgrade is happening in the first place is due to the consoles".

I hope this helps, and I also hope you didnt get bored of my reply LOL

▒▒▒

▒▒▒

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1169 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

Im also quoting Kempington when he said "The only reason why they are upgrading the engine for APB is because the engine being used as of now is not optimized for consoles, therefore G1 needed to upgrade the engine in order to have a working port for the consoles. So the only reason why the engine upgrade is happening in the first place is due to the consoles".

pretty sure this isnt true since the engine upgrade project was going on for almost 2 years before any mention of consoles was made

not saying that a console port was never considered but i doubt it was the sole driving force behind a 4-going-on-5 year project

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Pup Twilight

Pup Twilight

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 27-April 11

The game will (theoritcally) be release on PS4 and after that the engine upgrade will happen for the PC platform. (The PS4 already has the new engine implemented so only the PC players will be the ones that have to deal with the engine upgrade). 

Making a new version of the game would've taken them more effort with their team population than the engine upgrade. (Games that are made from scrap are WAAAAY harder to make and take more time and manpower to push out due to aspects of the game being made straight from the ground up) So the most logical thing to do is to port the already existing game to another more better engine in order to make it easier not only to code for the the game but to add features and or items (Armas stuff or just new weapons or mods...hell even new maps even...).

imo I dont think they scrapped the idea of re-creating the game, But I doubt that it was their highest priority since like I said before, making the game from ground up was tedious to begin with (Remember RTW shut down? yeah...). Keep in mind that they have a low population team. With that said you can expect that the game would be struggling due to a limited amount of people to work on the game (henceforth why the engine upgrade or even the console releases has dragged on till now). 

RTW shut down due to other issues also they kinda did do a sloppy coding job on the game and its graphics

Also Wasnt EA the main parent company of RTW? If so than that should tell you

Edited by Pup Twilight, 21 February 2017 - 11:58 PM.

Tiny%20APB%20Pup%20Twilight_zpsush2eb8p.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3709 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

RTW shut down due to other issues also they kinda did do a sloppy coding job on the game and its graphics

Also Wasnt EA the main parent company of RTW? If so than that should tell you

APB was really pretty for an mmo at the time though...  The game still looks decent, but not as good as it did back then.  But yes they shut down due to really bad management within the company, a ton of redundant staff and being way behind schedule and over budget on APB.  EA just published APB, they weren't a parent company or anything.  RTW was its own thing.

Infinito

Infinito

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1053 posts
  • Joined 23-February 12

Maybe I was wrong to think we'd get a satisfying response here.

DwGBVYM.jpg

Holiness

Holiness

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 21-February 17

Maybe I was wrong to think we'd get a satisfying response here.

Yeah because in the past they always gave one right? I don't expect PS4 release to happen until the end of this year if it happens at all. Can't believe people are still buying bs , just play the game a little until it completely dies out

Used to be Krimz / Blonde

La Realtà Dei fatti

La Realtà Dei fatti

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 05-March 14

Yeah because in the past they always gave one right? I don't expect PS4 release to happen until the end of this year if it happens at all. Can't believe people are still buying bs , just play the game a little until it completely dies out

This

Edited by La Realtà Dei fatti, 23 February 2017 - 08:22 AM.

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate (Su APB)

JudgeAnderson

JudgeAnderson

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Joined 01-November 11

never. tiggers is to retarrdedd to post "news" at this rate APB will be dead within 6 months.

There is a difference between to and too lol too tarded to spell, so I'm thinking it's safe to say you haven't put much thought into your predictions either sooo.... just saying.

Edited by JudgeAnderson, 25 February 2017 - 05:07 AM.

Infinito

Infinito

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1053 posts
  • Joined 23-February 12

I guess we will have to wait for a a couple of weeks now and hope to get any information then.

DwGBVYM.jpg

Akito

Akito

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 17-April 16

pretty sure this isnt true since the engine upgrade project was going on for almost 2 years before any mention of consoles was made

not saying that a console port was never considered but i doubt it was the sole driving force behind a 4-going-on-5 year project

I get what you mean. I agree that consoles werent the "Main" reason but if they were already planning on releasing the game on consoles before then they kinda knew that they had to do something about the game performance for it to even be acceptable in the consoles.

So whilst the consoles werent responsible for the engine upgrade concept. They sure as hell contributed quite a lot to the thought process.

afk

afk

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4188 posts
  • Joined 14-February 14

can i just have my account back...

There is nothing more frightening than a man who has nothing to lose.

foolish ninja

foolish ninja

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Joined 25-February 13

can i just have my account back...

1a4.jpg

NightmareAlonzo

NightmareAlonzo

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

March 2017 and no news. game is doomed.

RRXA

RRXA

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 19-October 13

gosh darn :c

schlonganola

schlonganola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1652 posts
  • Joined 17-March 15

Why do people pretend like the Engine Update will ever come out?

"We had a meeting 2 weeks ago to confirm another meeting to confirm the approval for the meeting regarding adding the game to consoles" <---????????

To any of us who have been here the past 6-7 years this just screams more G1 BS. They have like 7 people on staff, one is Tiggs and another is Puck, you really think the remaining 5 people have the technical competence to complete a task of this magnitude?

CAMHS1b.png.lBBaD6A.png. qBJ6qeZ.png?1

Bowser

Bowser

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Joined 22-February 14
They are kinda slow I send a ticket few days and haven't got my first respond saying we are working on the ticket ...

iMiss

iMiss

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 13-March 14

Maybe if we all band together and make more of these threads again, they'll make another empty blogpost to sate us!

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1347 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

They are kinda slow I send a ticket few days and haven't got my first respond saying we are working on the ticket ...

It's probably all the AFK / dethreating tickets I submit daily. People complain about hackers, yet for me there's a 1-5 hacker/dethreater ratio.

Why do people pretend like the Engine Update will ever come out?

"We had a meeting 2 weeks ago to confirm another meeting to confirm the approval for the meeting regarding adding the game to consoles" <---????????

To any of us who have been here the past 6-7 years this just screams more G1 BS. They have like 7 people on staff, one is Tiggs and another is Puck, you really think the remaining 5 people have the technical competence to complete a task of this magnitude?

When was scaleform suppose to come out again?

Edited by MrHappyPenguin, 02 March 2017 - 06:20 PM.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5393 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

If you weren't assigned a ticket number we didn't get your request. The portion is automated by the system. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

SK4LP

SK4LP

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 05-January 12

UP !

we want news and communication !

make a roadmap post plz

Tigrix

Tigrix

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Joined 20-August 14

UP !

we want news and communication !

make a roadmap post plz

agreed +1000

https://www.youtube....h?v=STpXy7gXzC4

Being online doesn't mean you're suddenly not responsible for who you are. Embarrassing, threatening, harassing, attacking and insulting - based on gender, race, nationality or simple difference of opinion? ...This shows who you are as a person, sitting behind the monitor. You think nobody will care? Think again.

The age of Cancer is over. The dawn of Justice has come.

Bowser

Bowser

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Joined 22-February 14

If you weren't assigned a ticket number we didn't get your request. The portion is automated by the system.

So should I send another request or wait until I get a ticket?

BTW I did this using my cellphone not my computer.

Edited by Bowser, 03 March 2017 - 07:57 AM.

bootyslayer420

bootyslayer420

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 14-July 16
Just nerf the rof of the dang oca and reduce the dmg of hvr to 75 also increase the scour dmg to like 60!!

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8370 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Just nerf the rof of the dang oca and reduce the dmg of hvr to 75 also increase the scour dmg to like 60!!

HVR looks OP cause DMR is too weak.

CookyPuss

CookyPuss

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Joined 13-March 15

Here is your news. Servers shut down in October.

You are welcome.

Vitrorax

Vitrorax

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 18-October 11

Here is your news. Servers shut down in October.

You are welcome.

Lol, better to be a pessimist and get surprised if they actually do something rather than be an optimist who'd end up getting disappointed.

No signature. :3

Invented

Invented

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 07-January 12

This video game is so much fun!

Asylith

Asylith

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 25-July 09

Sucks to see such a degradation of communication throughout the years, especially when at one point they had video blogs of Q&As, events, development, staff introductions, etc. Back then it seemed that the staff really wanted to connect to the playerbase, especially back when GMs played games alongside the regulars in the War Rock era. 

There were more videos on the G1 youtube but they took them all down.

Edited by Asylith, 03 March 2017 - 02:22 PM.

sgihdc.png

LOLOLOLOLOL OK KITTY

Infinito

Infinito

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1053 posts
  • Joined 23-February 12

Sucks to see such a degradation of communication throughout the years, especially when at one point they had video blogs of Q&As, events, development, staff introductions, etc. Back then it seemed that the staff really wanted to connect to the playerbase, especially back when GMs played games alongside the regulars in the War Rock era. 

There were more videos on the G1 youtube but they took them all down.

I miss this kind of involvement. 

DwGBVYM.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users