Photo

Are they not allowed to show us anything?

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5226 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Honest question: What do you think about the current state of both the game and the population then?

I personally, wish I could wave a magic wand and have every promise ever made to the players come true. I firmly believe that the Devs at the time had every intention of following through on their promises.  I'm not a magician and being realistic that won't happen anytime soon especially with our team size.  I'm saddened by many things that took place over the years with this community and I know why many left and those that are still here, why they are frustrated.   Hell, I'm frustrated but that doesn't mean I'll give up on everything. Once the PS4 and Engine Upgrade is out, the team can sit down and discuss what the next focus is.  There aren't going to be any huge road maps, we all know those don't work.  Just a simple plan of what's next on the agenda and go from there.   Hopefully over time we can build the community back again, I'll always remain hopeful for that.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Talla

Talla

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1947 posts
  • Joined 29-August 13

Hell, I'm frustrated but that doesn't mean I'll give up on everything. Once the PS4 and Engine Upgrade is out, the team can sit down and discuss what the next focus is.  There aren't going to be any huge road maps, we all know those don't work.  Just a simple plan of what's next on the agenda and go from there.   Hopefully over time we can build the community back again, I'll always remain hopeful for that.

I think I've just fallen for you.

No Valentine pun intended.

If you need any help, we're here. Use us.

Updates don't need to be huge either.

There's many little things that would make APB better.

Edited by Talla, 09 February 2017 - 05:54 PM.

Genobee

Genobee

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5305 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11

I personally, wish I could wave a magic wand and have every promise ever made to the players come true. I firmly believe that the Devs at the time had every intention of following through on their promises.  I'm not a magician and being realistic that won't happen anytime soon especially with our team size.  I'm saddened by many things that took place over the years with this community and I know why many left and those that are still here, why they are frustrated.   Hell, I'm frustrated but that doesn't mean I'll give up on everything. Once the PS4 and Engine Upgrade is out, the team can sit down and discuss what the next focus is.  There aren't going to be any huge road maps, we all know those don't work.  Just a simple plan of what's next on the agenda and go from there.   Hopefully over time we can build the community back again, I'll always remain hopeful for that.

Well then. Not sure how to respond to that. Thank you Tiggs.

New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

Looking for something to play until the EU get released?                                                                  フリルネックトカゲ

Mission Rewards Refinement - F2P Guns as Rewards | Improve Communication

Vir Tristis

Vir Tristis

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1344 posts
  • Joined 23-April 14

I personally, wish I could wave a magic wand and have every promise ever made to the players come true. I firmly believe that the Devs at the time had every intention of following through on their promises. I'm not a magician and being realistic that won't happen anytime soon especially with our team size. I'm saddened by many things that took place over the years with this community and I know why many left and those that are still here, why they are frustrated. Hell, I'm frustrated but that doesn't mean I'll give up on everything. Once the PS4 and Engine Upgrade is out, the team can sit down and discuss what the next focus is. There aren't going to be any huge road maps, we all know those don't work. Just a simple plan of what's next on the agenda and go from there. Hopefully over time we can build the community back again, I'll always remain hopeful for that.

Look, I'm not trying to be a pessimistic douche here, but uh...

There's just too much damage done, over too long of a time.
This game was doomed from the start because it never truly made it out of Beta. It just didnt.

There were plenty of terrible "creative choices" made over the years, coupled with a few seriously bad mistakes made by (now, formerly) developers, like permanently altering the game's shaders with no backup save, or disabling features, or accidentally removing features.

There's been a ton of community drama, and quite a few people exposed for cheating (not as many as some would claim) which has ruined the game for many.

Not to mention that this game is constantly plagued by one, or a small handful of, very seriously vindictive people with coding skills. And it's always been this way.
In a way, goat (plus more possibly) is winning. Slowly, but still so.

If you couple that all with extremely slow progress on anything, and some rather questionable Support and GM actions throughout the years...
It's all adding up to the inevitable demise of this game.
The XB1 port was a f***ing disaster.
The PS4 port is taking so long that by the time you guys make solid progress, there's gonna be absolutely nobody left playing.

It honestly just feels like beating a dead horse at this point.
Player population numbers are at an all time low, and not getting better. At all.

I love(d) this game.
But it's over.

Edited by Vir Tristis, 09 February 2017 - 06:20 PM.

3753642644_5e3f6c9524_o.jpg

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4519 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

If you need any help, we're here. Use us.

Updates don't need to be huge either.

There's many little things that would make APB better.

Pree much what was going to type 
+ You seem to do a well enough job under circumstances that were handed down the line that others do not see nor care and just like to lash , just keep up working good^
+ On updates not being huge things but rather simple small things that make differences eg. mission stage timers(some need little more others have way too much) 
+ Is still bit of is players that enjoy game and play it as we enjoy it as is addicting fun to be had so that can not be taken away or better have a rehab center for after  :P

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

HomoSuperior

HomoSuperior

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1893 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

we all know it but sometimes we forget when we feel that we were left in darkness

Poperon

Poperon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1403 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

1276221006225.gif

Some manly tears dropped. I'll be waiting.

Edited by Poperon, 09 February 2017 - 07:15 PM.

★★★★★ Proud Enforcer Brazilian Player ★★★★★

oq4j0eq.png

Brasileiros: Tutorial sobre como migrar sua Conta Hoplon!

Makta

Makta

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Joined 17-February 13

IKMXIl3.gif

Can't show nothing if there's nothing to show :D

When i first saw this topic this was the first thing i wanted to post :D

Snubnose

Snubnose

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined 18-December 14

I gave you guys a second chance, but I won't give you a third.
You may know what I'm talking about, but probably not because I'm not important enough. -sigh-

that's it.

icon_pistol_snubnose.png"flawless", "there are no falsepositives, you got caught", said tiggs. and you all s*cked her d*ck for ages...  YouTube-icon.png

untill you see yourself on FFbans or one of your friends.

f*cking pathetic.

Yukate

Yukate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1157 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13

+ On updates not being huge things but rather simple small things that make differences eg. mission stage timers(some need little more others have way too much)

If you mentioned that, would be really cool to have mission description which including also an information about Last Stage.
Till now we are used to learn all missions name's to know what to expect from them or mess with game files.
Small change but it may have impact in gameplay, worth to consider.

BPaUWGC.png
Citadel EU | Obeya EU1 - 
VarmieN [Crime] | Yukate [Enfo]

Helping newbies... Some1 need :> kappa

CookyPuss

CookyPuss

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Joined 13-March 15

I gave you guys a second chance, but I won't give you a third.
You may know what I'm talking about, but probably not because I'm not important enough. -sigh-

that's it.

I feel ya bruh. :computersmash:

Haganu

Haganu

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3621 posts
  • Joined 22-June 14

ORInnMX.gif

Thank you.

I feel the same way on a lot of what you've said here. And I suspect I'm not the only one.

I can't read others' feelings, but a lot of people have stuck around for this long for a reason. 

A post like this may not look as professional/official as the average general gibberish producers tend to type down, but I feel like this is one of the things what the community wants to hear more. It's alright to display personality. I for one prefer that over amazing promises.

You truly deserve a medal for this. I'm very grateful for reading this.

The only thing I ask, is keep communicating. Even if there's not much new to show. You'll receive positive responses, you'll receive negative responses, but some people will still try to be constructive. I'll be one of them when I see that efforts to be constructive are being read. :)

Edited by Haganu, 09 February 2017 - 09:09 PM.

Lust, Wrath, Envy, Pride, Greed, Gluttony and Sloth

JRavtd5.png

Haganu - Criminal | - - - - - - Symbols by LarsJack on DeviantArt, remade and made bodypaint off of them ingame. - - - - - - | Matoii - Enforcer  

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2067 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

There are plenty of people in the community more than willing to help out with anything where they can. I've seen several great individuals put a lot of time into testing the OTW builds, so there is still a demand for it there. I'm sure there are still those who wish to host events for the community. Not necessarily just design contest, but other fun little things. If you have the time sometime, it'd be nice to get a little support from you or someone in the company for these events.

I'd be more than happy to host events for the ladies and gentlemen here from time to time, I'll supply the rewards as well. 

A lot of us are aware of the current situation we're in, but it's nice to hear that you too feel that more can be done and that you'd like to have more stuff done and dusted, we just need to get over this mountain which is the ps4 release and PC engine upgrade.

Honestly, I think the only thing we want is just to hear little tidbits of info on the progress here and there, just so we know where we are with it and not sort of in a blind spot. While it's nice to hear "we're still working on the ps4 release", it doesn't really answer the question. I know you were waiting for sony approval over christmas, but you've recently now said you're working on the ps4 release again. Does this mean that the build sent to sony was rejected? Does this mean a final build candidate hasn't been sent to sony yet? While you're waiting for sony's approval, could some work be put towards the PC engine upgrade in the downtime? Let us know!

But it's nice to get an honest response on your take of current affairs and I respect that a lot. So, thank you.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3817 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

This is a great post.  It's what a lot of us want to hear from you.  Even just the fact that you're recognizing the problems and addressing them by giving your own real opinion on the state of things right now is worthy of respect.  Hope of a better APB is the reason I've stuck around for so long.  Don't get me wrong, I still have fun playing this game even though I don't have any friends to play it with (they're waiting for the engine upgrade before they come back).  Its really nice to hear that you're abandoning the idea of big road maps and are just taking baby steps.  The main issue with Reloaded buying APB seems to be that they bit off more than they could chew and tried to make some huge changes right in the beginning, some of which came back to bite them in the patootie later.  As a few have said before me, "use us".  There are plenty of us willing to help and volunteer whatever skills we may have for the better of the game.

Another thing I'd like to add is that any and all news is welcome.  Good or bad.  If Sony rejected the build you submitted, you can tell us.  A little disappointment by the truth is better than anticipation for something that was delayed without knowing why.  We also wanna see you guys as people, not robots.  This post was a good example of what we like.  We can actually feel sympathy for something we know has feelings, and it just makes you guys a whole lot more likable in general.  Screw whether it sounds professional or not, you're a game development studio. A business that's meant to make fun stuff, not a DMV or insurance company.  I know you're all under a lot of stress right now, but you can loosen up a little when talking to us.  All that being said, thank you Tiggs.

Edit: I also just wanted to add Thank you to the rest of the dev team as well.  Thanks for keeping this game operating for 6 years so far when the original only ran for 3 months.  Despite all the problems you've run into, that in itself is an achievement.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 10 February 2017 - 12:30 PM.

pizda)))))

pizda)))))

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Joined 21-December 15

Do not promise stuff that you cant actually make happen.

Synapze777

Synapze777

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Joined 01-March 11

Honesty from Tiggs on the emotional turmoil APB is. I applaud you Tiggs. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the project up and until now. Especially the anknowledgement that Roadmaps don't work was quite refreshing. I'm also pretty sure to read between the lines that Sony rejected the first engine port so they keep chopping away at it. Again, thanks for sharing.

IROCkiller

IROCkiller

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1358 posts
  • Joined 04-June 13

This thread turned into a heart touching thread. I've never given up hope and I never will. APB is a game with a lot of potential. I believe you will take advantage of the potential here.

6ukl6c2.png

IROCkiller(255)  Onion Jericho Server  I Stream Sometimes

A Jericho giveaway!

SpeedyCat

SpeedyCat

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Joined 13-December 12

@Tiggs:

Thank you verry much for your words, think the Quotation in my Signature is one of the best ones for around the valentines time ^^

You made my Heart beat. And if you and the Team needs help, we will be here!

p.s.: pls PM me, i have eventually a little idea...

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5226 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Another thing I'd like to add is that any and all news is welcome.  Good or bad.  If Sony rejected the build you submitted, you can tell us.  

It's not been rejected, we have a meeting next week to discuss the release date. Cross your fingers :) 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

IROCkiller

IROCkiller

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1358 posts
  • Joined 04-June 13

It's not been rejected, we have a meeting next week to discuss the release date. Cross your fingers :)

Okay now I'm super excited for next week. The suspense is killing me! Welcome back by the way.

Edited by IROCkiller, 10 February 2017 - 02:52 PM.

6ukl6c2.png

IROCkiller(255)  Onion Jericho Server  I Stream Sometimes

A Jericho giveaway!

HomoSuperior

HomoSuperior

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1893 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

hopefully soon not soon in valve time :)

-ks-

-ks-

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Joined 20-May 11

Maaan I cant wait till you're done with the darn ps release. I dunno why i feel betrayed. You said you work working on engine update when you really were working for xbox. Then ps. And god knows when for the pc. When ps finally gives the green light, will that mean you guys will finish the console side within a few weeks and start on the pc? How long will the pc take?

Rip killerskull and -killerskull- (Cumulative post count of 10k plus (not that it matters))

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5226 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Maaan I cant wait till you're done with the darn ps release. I dunno why i feel betrayed. You said you work working on engine update when you really were working for xbox. Then ps. And god knows when for the pc. When ps finally gives the green light, will that mean you guys will finish the console side within a few weeks and start on the pc? How long will the pc take?

I can't wait until it's released too! They're all tied together (Xbox One, PS4) for the Engine Upgrade.  I can't answer that right now, because I have not questioned anyone on how long after the release things would take. Let's tackle one thing at a time and it won't set false expectations. 

-ks-

-ks-

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Joined 20-May 11

I can't wait until it's released too! They're all tied together (Xbox One, PS4) for the Engine Upgrade.  I can't answer that right now, because I have not questioned anyone on how long after the release things would take. Let's tackle one thing at a time and it won't set false expectations. 

Well, thanks for replying. Its great to see a red answer questions.

Rip killerskull and -killerskull- (Cumulative post count of 10k plus (not that it matters))

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3817 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Awesome!  Can't wait to hear what happens!  That'll put some rumors to rest.

Yukate

Yukate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1157 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13
Woo-hoo!
Cross fingers:)
There will be a reward for " PS4's Soft-Launch" participation?

BPaUWGC.png
Citadel EU | Obeya EU1 - 
VarmieN [Crime] | Yukate [Enfo]

Helping newbies... Some1 need :> kappa

Poperon

Poperon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1403 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

H6EdWTK.gif

★★★★★ Proud Enforcer Brazilian Player ★★★★★

oq4j0eq.png

Brasileiros: Tutorial sobre como migrar sua Conta Hoplon!

Haganu

Haganu

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3621 posts
  • Joined 22-June 14

Interesting news. And still thank you for replying to that question earlier on by the way. Didn't expect that.

Lust, Wrath, Envy, Pride, Greed, Gluttony and Sloth

JRavtd5.png

Haganu - Criminal | - - - - - - Symbols by LarsJack on DeviantArt, remade and made bodypaint off of them ingame. - - - - - - | Matoii - Enforcer  

Leilly

Leilly

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Honestly I've never been a person with the habit to respond in forums because many times I do not know what to say so I ended up just reading the comments but in this case it was different.

Thank you for sharing these words, it was good to hear an honest response :)

Edited by Leilly, 11 February 2017 - 12:41 AM.

If your a cheater/hacker GTFO! You ruin games for the rest of us!

Lord Cashpoint

Lord Cashpoint

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4744 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12

While it's certainly refreshing to see answers from Tiggs and that people still have hope for this game I do feel like there is one question I have never really seen the answer to.

APB is a game that's been around for over half a decade now. In gaming terms that makes it pretty old. Even if you do manage to release the engine upgrade for PC (an idea that I grow ever sceptical about, but not due to the technical ability of the devs) how do you realistically plan to then sustain the game? I know you stated that you don't have any long term road-maps, which is fine, but do you even have a rough outline for where the game progresses from the engine upgrade?

As Kempington stated there a lot of community members willing to help, and I imagine a lot of them would be willing to provide guidance on where to go next. Because if I am going to be completely honest, one of the biggest weaknesses of this development team I feel is that they often never seem to understand what the game needs. This isn't a personal dig at any particularly staff member (from any period of APB's development cycle) but there are many aspects to the game which really don't fit, or are basically broken. At this point I'd be super willing to type up a long old thread about what I'd love to see after the engine upgrade, but only if I knew it wouldn't be ignored.

Again, I know you constantly state you will see how things go when they happen, but please tell me your plan for APB isn't to release the engine upgrade and then sit around debating what to add next. APB has proven itself to be able to sustain a steady population, but if you want it to grow you really need to think about indulging people with new content as soon as that upgrade drops. 

Royal-Forum-Logo.png

Patriot | yfqv.pngLordCashpoint | criminalgold230.pngAdvancedRookie |

OniShema

OniShema

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4450 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

This thread turned into a heart touching thread. I've never given up hope and I never will. APB is a game with a lot of potential. I believe you will take advantage of the potential here.

Bless the Equine gods, they shine on us.

Really wish I was in the states so I could enjoy the game more, even in it's current state. I just know that there will atleast be more people around when the new engine launches so the 14 hour difference will matter no more. Ever ready to destroy kids staying up late when they should be sleeping for school, the next day.

Edited by OniShema, 11 February 2017 - 05:08 AM.

CRIMINAL-MadalenaKurtz      Jericho-NA       Clan:  Joker Rejects

I didn't leave the game, I'm just working.   Best way to explain Reloaded "not doing anything"

76561198007436876.png

Nitronik

Nitronik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2992 posts
  • Joined 08-March 12

Tiggs,

If we were to get tidbits of information like these more often, the "NO COMMUNICATION" problem would be solved

Blog posts are always welcome, even if they barely have anything in it

The Greatest / Best clan ever is now RECRUITING!

Nitronik4ever / ElSalus - Citadel EU   \\\    ReggaeJones - Jericho NA

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15035 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Would you look at that, Tiggs does her job. I appreciate that!
Would be awesome if you could keep that up forever, and not just for a few days.
Having a communicative community manager is key to a successful game, even when there isn't much happening in the background. :)

I for my part can't wait for the engine upgrade, I want APB to be playable again. It's an awesome game. Let's see what come out next week. I hope you tell us!

Edited by ..GhosT, 11 February 2017 - 12:35 PM.

N9pGkYM.png

BingoBookBG

BingoBookBG

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Joined 25-October 12

this little thing is all i want to know..is that hard to give us this simple info or what

Edited by BingoBookBG, 11 February 2017 - 07:23 AM.

TheMessiah - Enforcer 255 - Citadel              youtube.com/c/MartinTheMessiah

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6969 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10
Solid posts Tiggs. At least you're putting yourself out there, respect on that.

Agree w/ Cashpoint and Kempingtons posts. APB is an older, niche game and needs quality of life improvements more than anything. Not going to tell you guys what to do when you start making content for APB again, but the more community involvement, the better. A lot of people are super critical of this game, rightfully so, but the vast majority are because they see or saw large potential in it. Hopefully you see and respect that.
thanks

P0rkup1mP

P0rkup1mP

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15

Best, most touching forum post I've ever read. Thank you Tiggs.

These two posts make me hate not being able to spam like, or even like them once each.

The only hacker-free game is one that does not exist.

Gneffer

Gneffer

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Joined 30-April 15

After long time I started to feel that APB can be brought back to life with Tiggs being with community

I don't know how to forum                        icon_shotgun_csg_gold.pngicon_pistol_act44_gm_gold.pngcriminal_gold_200.png   icon_sniperrifle_hvr243_gold.png75ez1Gw.png                                   Obeya | Gneffer996ad6a2ebf1.png

Fasalina

Fasalina

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Joined 20-February 15
Q1 2014

Citadel

Fasalina 255 Enforcer | Ysana 255 Criminal

Fiona Brooks

Fiona Brooks