33 replies to this topic

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5273 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Anarchy in San Paro

When the event starts, all players are split into two teams. Unlike before, different faction members can be on the same team (it's Anarchy after all) and we use matchmaking to ensure the teams are fairly even. Groups are never split up, so make sure you and your friends are together before entering if you want to ensure you play together.

When you spawn, you won't have a primary weapon. Instead, we spawn them around the map. The game mode is a simple death-match, so it's up to you whether you want to search for a weapon of your choice, or head straight into combat with your secondary and grenades and take one from the enemy.

If you survive long enough, you'll start passively gaining score. You'll also start to gain a score multiplier that ticks up over time. If your score reaches above 500, you'll gain access to your primary weapon, meaning you don't have to search for weapons any-more. Careful though, when this happens you'll also be shown periodically to your enemies, giving them a chance to hunt you down.

As the game progresses, and team lives go down, more weapons start spawning in different locations, providing more varied game-play. Legendary weapons will also start to appear, but be shown on the map. Best be quick, or be ready to kill whomever took it (friendly fire of course is disabled in this game).

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6980 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Did you remove civilians and civilian vehicles this time around?

I know it sounds dumb, but the fact that they weren't annoyed me last time, it kinda' ruined the feel.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

iRawwwN

iRawwwN

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2270 posts
  • Joined 06-August 10
Is there an objective to this gamemode? Capture points, item holds? Etc.

Still waiting for some crim vs enf capture points across the city. Would be l i t.

Jericho: TNGHT / RAWisdead

Citadel: iRawwwN / Acrylics

Talla

Talla

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1946 posts
  • Joined 29-August 13

Nice to see OTW getting some love.

We should arrange some weekly time frame where we can all log in & test it together.
How about Saturday or Sunday 4-8PM GMT?

EDIT: Currently crashing on "Contacting World Server", after character selection.

General protection fault!

Script call stack:
    Function APBUserInterface.cUIDataStore_Chat|OnPlayerProfileChanged
History:

02:35:36 - Log: Log file closed, 21/01/17 21:35:36

Edited by Talla, 21 January 2017 - 08:00 PM.

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7212 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

So, did you guys have someone go back through this one and fix it up a bit or no?

EkpEo6I.pngCAZ550X.png?1
  1:15:56 PM [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: You drive a jacked up truck but not so jacked that people question the size of big jim and the twins

X23-Silentmeat

X23-Silentmeat

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1538 posts
  • Joined 20-December 11

So, did you guys have someone go back through this one and fix it up a bit or no?

Considering there is the complete lack of any patch notes in regards to any possible additions, changes and fixes, i'm guessing this is the exact same game mode as before and the chance of anything being improved according to suggestion is unlikely. This is more likely than not going to go through OTW fairly quickly when they consider it good enough to go to live, I doubt they have the time or staff required to change this mode to make it any better.

@Tiggs, Also recycled content again with no likely changes, the community does not want this, fair enough if the mode itself was changed around in according to previous feed back from last year, but if throwing this out means a few days of maybe keeping the community occupied before people get bored of it and want changes made to it. I really do hope that some progress and changes get made to this mode as I personally really like the concept of it, it's just lacking any direction what-so-ever, it's just death match and it always revolves around fighting people with a better weapon kit than most players at once place over and over again, usually a camp spot.

Last year I suggested, aswell as many other people inside of SPCT and the public player base, a focus on the game mode in order to make it more fun and less jarring to play, the idea of multiple capture zones around the map for territory control was a popular one. Also improving the rewards gained for playing the game mode would give people a reason to actually play it, rather than skip it for the 3rd or 4th time around over the years, a weapon reward unlock and maybe cosmetic items, doesn't even have to be anything new, would encourage more play time. Utilise ARMAS challange system to get people to login and play the game mode so they can get something out of doing it, just an idea for when it goes public again IF it receives no changes at all.

But please get actual change log notes so people know what they're suppose to be testing, there's no context at all and makes testing pretty pointless if there's no specific subject matter to look out for rather than general "play the mode and see what happens", people can do that during live, doesn't need to be done here.

76561198018021499.png

Aphadon

Aphadon

APB Developer

• Reloaded Administrators
  • 490 posts
  • Joined 02-December 10

We're looking into the crashes after selecting a character.

Edit: These should now be resolved. Please let us know if you are still having trouble getting in to the game.

APB Coder and Caffeine Consumer

Ignas / qsn

Ignas / qsn

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1487 posts
  • Joined 16-September 14
Any rewards?

Edited by Ignas / qsn, 21 January 2017 - 10:54 PM.

I'm bad 24/7.

Kevkof1994

Kevkof1994

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Joined 12-March 13

We're looking into the crashes after selecting a character.

Edit: These should now be resolved. Please let us know if you are still having trouble getting in to the game.

I'm able to login indeed, but there is another issue though: http://forums.gamers...nces-available/

BrianRolling

BrianRolling

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10293 posts
  • Joined 06-June 10

Did you remove civilians and civilian vehicles this time around?

I know it sounds dumb, but the fact that they weren't annoyed me last time, it kinda' ruined the feel.

Aren't they annoying all the time?

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Any rewards?

You want rewards on OTW server?

If you are still reading forum posts it means you never actually left. There is still a little piece of nostalgia for this game in your heart that will hardly die. Sad thing is that this game probably wont get better, but we can hope. Either way, you are still here, you still care, and we need you.

GTBSG.

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

I wanted to play then i remembered...i need premium :(

If you are still reading forum posts it means you never actually left. There is still a little piece of nostalgia for this game in your heart that will hardly die. Sad thing is that this game probably wont get better, but we can hope. Either way, you are still here, you still care, and we need you.

GTBSG.

Kevkof1994

Kevkof1994

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Joined 12-March 13

I wanted to play then i remembered...i need premium :(

If support would let me send out days I'd send you a couple :P

Ignas / qsn

Ignas / qsn

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1487 posts
  • Joined 16-September 14

You want rewards on OTW server?

When it will be released in normal servers.

I'm bad 24/7.

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2047 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

Ok, so here's a few questions which might hint as to why it wasn't interesting last time or the time before that (after 2 days of gameplay).

What is the objective of this gamemode?

What are you trying to achieve by releasing this gamemode?

Will there be objectives around the map, such as capture-holds or spray points?

I think it was made pretty clear by the community last time that they didn't really understand the point of this gamemode at all. If they wanted an all out deathmatch, Fightclubs are more suited to this because of the smaller maps.

The reason why the community also wanted capture-holds and spray-points around the map is because it FOCUSES the gameplay there. With districts being as big as they are and only having a limited amount of players, the game eventually revolved around camping spawns, which is not fun for anyone at all. With capture-holds that have a significant value in the gamemode, that would focus gameplay to those areas, making it interesting how people decide to proceed.

With this idea, you can also have it as the capture-points give you points earlier on, so you don't have to wait around before you get 500 points. The risk is that others could steal the capture-point from you.

How will the end screen be presented? Will it say who's team won? Or it will it be the usual "Event over" and not really tell anyone how they did or if they did well at all.

Finally, I hate to say this, but will there be any rewards that are not just titles this time around? I mean for when it goes live, obviously. You know people will be only interested in that. Some will be interested to see anarchy again, but if you keep it like this, they'll realise nothing has changed and people will get bored of it again very quickly, since you haven't made any real significant changes to the gamemode at all, save for forcing people into teams.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

StellaBridger

StellaBridger

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Joined 01-May 13

When the event starts, all players are split into two teams. Unlike before, different faction members can be on the same team (it's Anarchy after all) and we use matchmaking to ensure the teams are fairly even. Groups are never split up, so make sure you and your friends are together before entering if you want to ensure you play together.

Why this still not used for Fight Clubs? It's Fight Clubs after all.
In current state FC just unplayable most of the time, because one team have much more players, or other one have so small team, that you just can't find them for whole mission :\

Sorry if my english bad, it's not my native.

And yeah, I learned it in game chats looking how kids speaking :\
uiyqOqm.pnglH6fKz5.png

Ezzi

Ezzi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Joined 31-January 12

Another game mode to split the already dwindling player base.

You do what you do i guess.

R.150 Ezzi                   R.75 Ezzi          
                                 Jericho Criminal                    Han Enforcer                                

Inactive                                 Active         

Shini

Shini

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 10

Yo I like this direction of trying something different in APB, APB really needs new content. The idea of this mode is nice but there needs to be a focus point for action!

Take what you have here and how about making it something more batte royale 'ish. The gameplay in battleroyale focuses action to a small area over a period of time. Its fun in other games, could be fun in APB with the stuff that's already in the game

Spawn 100 players around the map, put random mod and gun spawns around the map. Play area decreases over time with 'toxic gas'. Spawn random / high OP armas loot like the yukon, atac or a pioneer / 4x4 for players to grab.

http://forums.gamers...yale-bandwagon/

Of course remove the Open Conflict districts to reduce segregation. Heck remove one of the FC districts if you have to reduce it further.

Edited by Shini, 23 January 2017 - 04:08 AM.

DOsaP8z.png?1
Patriot | Obeya | Joker
gU5R8sY.pnguAHmOP2.pngJHRWB5q.png

pizda)))))

pizda)))))

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Joined 21-December 15

Anarchy in San Paro

Thats a meme & a half

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4497 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

http://forums.gamers...archy-feedback/

that is all

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

Farbon Ciber

Farbon Ciber

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Joined 15-October 14

Historically, I haven't seen much in the way of listening to us, so why are we wasting our breath?

The answer will be the same as it always has been "were busy with some other platform and don't have the resources to make these changes"

I hate to be so negative, but the proof is in the pudding. We have seen the same response consistently

I don't know who made the decision to abandon the PC crowd over the console crowd, but it was pretty messed up.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6980 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12
~snip~

You're an idiot.

APBNew2.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3773 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

You're an idiot.

I just liked this because it made me giggle.  It was so blunt lol.

-On Topic-

There really does need to be something new to this mode though.  I appreciate you guys bringing it back again, but changes need to be made this time.  Like many, many people have said so far, make it a multiple point hold all around the map.  If you continue to just make it a big deathmatch, people will get bored of it very quickly like they did last time. Then whenever someone asks for Anarchy to come back, people who played it as a big deathmatch will just say the event sucked, when it really does have the potential to be awesome.  I beg you, please listen to our suggestions for the game mode this time around.  I want this event to be enjoyed.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 23 January 2017 - 10:10 AM.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6980 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

I just liked this because it made me giggle.  It was so blunt lol.

-On Topic-

There really does need to be something new to this mode though.  I appreciate you guys bringing it back again, but changes need to be made this time.  Like many, many people have said so far, make it a multiple point hold all around the map.  If you continue to just make it a big deathmatch, people will get bored of it very quickly like they did last time. Then whenever someone asks for Anarchy to come back, people who played it as a big deathmatch will just say the event sucked, when it really does have the potential to be awesome.  I beg you, please listen to our suggestions for the game mode this time around.  I want this event to be enjoyed.

I personally think bringing back the original Baylan game mode where you need to deliver items to your team's points would be fun, though a game-mode rotation would be ideal.

APBNew2.jpg

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9509 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Well everyone pretty much expressed the same concerns as i did before, so i will just add on to the conversation and echoing kemp a bit:

(words)

I will outright admit that i think this kind of event looks like an glorified fight club, right now. 

Furthermore, having the primary weapons unlock after a certain amount of time waited and consequently having them also unlocked by killing other players, does more harm than good

It lacks both any point to participate or any reason to do it again.

Though, don't take me wrong, the strongest point of this event for me, is definitely how weird and unique it is to everything in APB and i love it. But these little issues, sort of put a stain on it. 

It starts up with players spawning in some random location, with only your secondary and your wits, everything good till there. However as the game progresses, generally each side of the fight start to concentrate in a single point on the map and consequently it becomes a snow ball of power.

The guys who are already winning, start to build up their score and take the best spots on the map to protect themselves and eventually unlock their primaries giving them an enormous advantage over the loosing side.

the losing side, either is left with waiting a ton of time or loosing a lot till the opposing team makes a mistake. With both of those not giving any guarantee of turning the tables at all.

Bottom line, I like the idea of weapons spawning around the map too, giving a chance at retaliation but players gaining access to their primaries is just an awful idea, it just gives arbitrary power when it wasn't needed or asked in the first place.

Also i should echo that having snipers and explosives is something that shouldn't be allowed on this fight. (or at least decreased in effectiveness a LOT)

Spawning weapons, yes i know i am giving suggestions more than feedback now, should keep as they are, with the exception of not spawning any sort of secondary weapons at all (or/and explosives & snipers). 

Having capture points or objectives spread out over the map is also something i support too, it would make use of the whole district and remove the concentration of players in a single spot. 

Rewards, however in my opinion is a different topic. I think that in the long run, having a different set of rewards than "a new weapon" or something fancy like a tittle or skin, is an awful idea.

So here is my input on rewards, why not also reward joker tickets & APB credits depending on your performance on this game mode?

But DON'T MISUNDERSTAND ME HERE, i am saying that joker tickets should be given, but only apb credits scale with this game mode

My idea would be sort of in the vein of, killing targets with high scores, would give an increase % of more credits than killing someone who just spawned. Or as an example capturing a point would boost up the entire team with a multiplier that would increase even more the credits earned. 

Joker tickets would be given regardless of who wins, but as a participation reward. 

It would be a nice breath of fresh air and one that would inactivate both veteran players, who have finished the game and new players to participate.

And hopefully, one that is fun at that. (which APB actuality needs a lot right now)

Good luck really and i hope that everyone involved in APB dev, manages to finally pull of something really good.

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5273 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

We can't make changes to the Anarchy event at this time, that doesn't mean once we're able to we won't. We appreciate the feedback on the event, it's not falling on deaf ears, just not much we can do right now about it. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2047 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

As much as I'm sure you're eager to get this back out, I must ask a very important question, following your response, Tiggs.

If you are aware of the problems and know you can't change it at all to make the gamemode presentable and a fun experience which is not just a repeat of last year, why bother releasing at all?

I'm not trying to be rude here, but I don't see the point of re-releasing anarchy event again, in pretty much the exact same state as it was last time. There is still no focus, no goals to achieve and no active catch. There's no hook to get people interested in the district.

Furthermore, considering you already have a TDM oriented gamemode already, FC, this is just a more clumsy version of that:

- A map too big for the amount of players it can house, causing loads of areas in the map being empty and lifeless

- No focus point of gameplay, leading to players running around aimlessly, getting bored and realising that the gamemode has nothing to offer and leaving.

- No goals to achieve or things to actually do, leading players to run around aimlessly still.

- No real explanation of the gamemode to players who DON'T read the forums or the posts and just play, leading them to more confusion and eventually not trying the gamemode again once they realise there's nothing to it.

Team Deathmatches will only work in certain conditions, but the conditions you have provided for anarchy are far too open and open ended, leaving the gamemode unfinished, unpolished and generally more an embarrassment, compared to the rest of the game. It feels like a hastily thrown together mod you'd find on GMod that some 14 year old thought would be cool for a laugh for 30 minutes, before getting bored of it and moving on.

That isn't to say the idea is bad, but it needs a lot of work before re-releasing to the public, in my opinion. It needs more of the following:

- Goals. Give players something to strive for that can be competed for on such a grand scale. Completing certain goals and objectives could reap global rewards for that faction would be an amazing start in my opinion (E.G % bonus to standing and money for winning missions in mission districts, or double rewards for completing a daily activity/ 3rd/2nd/1st place prize in FC). However, these global rewards could be stolen by the enemy faction at any time, so it would promote players to stay in anarchy to hold onto those rewards for as long as possible and get the bonuses they want out of it.

- Focus. Financial is a big area, almost 1sqKm. With only 80 people in it, it's going to feel empty and lifeless in areas. Maybe set some checkpoints in areas and allow factions to take control of these areas, giving them points and letting them get their primary weapon quicker. Also, whilst the checkpoint is taken, it can work as a spawn beacon for that faction, as well as a higher chance for random weapons to drop in its area. That way if you play well and grab enough checkpoints for your faction, you can get back into the fight easier as you will be better equipped for holding the checkpoints.

- Reason. Give it a good sales point. It needs to be interesting and enticing for players to even consider going to it again. A lot of players who will revisit will realise it's the same thing as last time and probably avoid it completely. Some unique rewards for completing certain objectives in the district might entice players to play in anarchy and give some feedback. I don't know, just do something that will get players interested in it, other than "ANARCHY IS BACK IN SAN PARO". Hell, you could even try progressing the lore for once and make it interesting that way.

My personal opinion on this is to simply leave this on hold for now UNTIL you can make changes to what the gamemode is, as there is little point in releasing this again. When it was first released, it was interesting and fresh. However, no REAL changes have been made to it since 2014, other than a slight change to how you start and how you get your weapons, but it still feels hugely unfinished. I wouldn't waste your time with this for now and just get that EU out to the PC so then you CAN make the changes you want to to this gamemode.

I'd also like to support shini's idea. That is definitely another avenue you could take with this gamemode and it would be COMPLETELY  different to everything in the game currently and would be considered new content for people to enjoy.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3773 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Just curious, when is the next build gonna be?  The current one is kinda unplayable without the use of vehicles.  Not trying to be pushy or anything, just wondering.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 24 January 2017 - 07:48 AM.

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9509 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

We can't make changes to the Anarchy event at this time, that doesn't mean once we're able to we won't. We appreciate the feedback on the event, it's not falling on deaf ears, just not much we can do right now about it.

aww

As much as I'm sure you're eager to get this back out, I must ask a very important question, following your response, Tiggs.

If you are aware of the problems and know you can't change it at all to make the gamemode presentable and a fun experience which is not just a repeat of last year, why bother releasing at all?

Maintaining the status quo.

Even if it is unfinished, at least there be a momentary variety. I am not speaking for myself here, but take too long to not release a single thing and everyone starts to loose interest. They are just trying to stay alive as much as possible.

Even though the community voted for no updates till engine upgrade, you still have a couple of players who don't quite agree with it. Hence why they are trying to do it. (without compromising much of development time)

For new players especially this might be exciting. 

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Aphadon

Aphadon

APB Developer

• 490 posts
  • Joined 02-December 10

Just curious, when is the next build gonna be? The current one is kinda unplayable without the use of vehicles. Not trying to be pushy or anything, just wondering.

The new build was deployed yesterday.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3773 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

The new build was deployed yesterday.

Oh sorry haha, didn't get a chance to play this morning.  At work right now.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6980 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Kewlin said  Did you remove civilians and civilian vehicles this time around?

I know it sounds dumb, but the fact that they weren't annoyed me last time, it kinda' ruined the feel.                                                                                                in my personal opinion your arrogance melted your brains

First off, what?

Second, you don't even know how to align your text or make a quote.

APBNew2.jpg

Aphadon

Aphadon

APB Developer

• 490 posts
  • Joined 02-December 10

We deployed a small update to OTW this morning.

Release Notes:

• Fixed a possible client crash when duplicating vehicles containing modifications.

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4497 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

We deployed a small update to OTW this morning.

Release Notes:

• Fixed a possible client crash when duplicating vehicles containing modifications.

Wondering if any luck with crash logs to issue had on live which is same as OTW atm from ticket as have not got response back  570191 

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users